Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Decaf, gooner7, kiwipete, mcquilkie, warrior and 63 guests

Post #334241  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:43 pm 

DHD wrote:
It was a radio report I think Bern. I’ve been listening to Times Radio recently so it might have been them. But I don’t doubt that the £400k number was lazily sourced. Looking around the links, I think it’s agreed that PEA will be our highest earner, as you’d expect I suppose. I think the logic would be that everyone knows (or seems to) that Özil is on £350k so the next step up would be £400k.

QED.

Thanks.

Post #334242  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:51 pm 

Sky says £250k. https://www.skysports.com/share/12044560

I can’t remember feeling this excited about a contract since Özil extended his stay with us. Here’s hoping for a better outcome eh.

Post #334243  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:25 pm 

Bernard wrote:
DHD wrote:
£400,000 per week.

Expect Özil to be banging on MA's door.....

£400k a week? Is that right? £20.8m a year for a player who’s 31 so is already past his peak, and will leave his peak further behind as each year of the contract passes? Three years on that will cost £62.4m in wages for a player who will be 34 when the contact expires.

Look, I’m pleased he’s renewed. But his agent has done a good job in getting that big a commitment on wages from Arsenal for a 31 year old.

Looking at his performance, are you sure he's past his peak? I think he's at his peak, and could remain there for a couple more seasons, well into his 30s like Wrighty or Drogba.

No doubt his agent got him a good deal, mind you! I have to think we got a good deal too.

Post #334244  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:59 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Looking at his performance, are you sure he's past his peak? I think he's at his peak, and could remain there for a couple more seasons, well into his 30s like Wrighty or Drogba.

No doubt his agent got him a good deal, mind you! I have to think we got a good deal too.

Yes I am. Human beings decline in pace as they get older and as he’s in his thirties he will not have the same pace now as he once did. It’s inevitable. Totally unavoidable and it’s pointless to pretend otherwise. There is no reason for thinking Aubameyang will be able to run as quickly as he could in his twenties. I would say he even looks a bit slower than when he first joined. The same goes for Theo Walcott, also 31. There’s no way he looks anything like as quick for Everton as he did when at his fastest at Arsenal.

Do you know how old Usain Bolt was when he did his fastest time for the 100m? He was actually 22, although it was only a few days away from his 23rd birthday. So Usain Bolt was at his physical peak around the age of 23. Nobody has been able to beat that world record since, and he continued to win loads of gold medals and so on after that because nobody could run as fast as him even when he was past his peak.

That’s what I meant by ‘peak’, his physical peak, particularly for pace. And Aubameyang will be past his peak for pace and will get further past it as he gets older. However, I wholeheartedly agree it’s a good signing though as I doubt we could afford to lose him, even though he’s past his physical peak in terms of pace.

Post #334245  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:30 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Yes I am. Human beings physically decline as they get older and as he’s in his thirties he will not have the same pace now as he once did. It’s inevitable. Totally unavoidable and it’s pointless to pretend otherwise. There is no reason for thinking Aubameyang will be able to run as quickly as he could in his twenties. I would say he even looks a bit slower than when he first joined.

Do you know how old Usain Bolt when he did his fastest time for the 100m? He was actually 22, although it was only a few days away from his 23rd birthday. So Usain Bolt was at his physical peak around the age of 23. Nobody has been able to beat that world record since, and he continued to win loads of gold medals and so on after that because nobody could run as fast as him even when he was past his peak.

That’s what I meant by ‘peak’, his physical peak. And Aubameyang will be past it. I do agree it’s a good signing though as I doubt we could afford to lose him, even though he’s past his physical peak.

That’s kind of a truism for most people though, I was in better shape at 22 than I was at 31. You can be a better footballer at 31 than 23. 400k does seem like too much for anyone, other than say a generational talent entering his peak who would be transformational to the club. 250+bonuses seems like a good deal for both parties tbh and I’m glad (in my detached football fan brain that doesn’t see all of these numbers as obscene) that he’s being rewarded for staying at a non champions league club.

Post #334246  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:38 pm 

Oh man, lovely video from Martinez saying goodbye to the fans. Shows the power of fans getting behind players too and not on their backs. Well worth a watch

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFK0JwsnC9f/

Post #334247  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 am 

Ash wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Yes I am. Human beings physically decline as they get older and as he’s in his thirties he will not have the same pace now as he once did. It’s inevitable. Totally unavoidable and it’s pointless to pretend otherwise. There is no reason for thinking Aubameyang will be able to run as quickly as he could in his twenties. I would say he even looks a bit slower than when he first joined.

Do you know how old Usain Bolt when he did his fastest time for the 100m? He was actually 22, although it was only a few days away from his 23rd birthday. So Usain Bolt was at his physical peak around the age of 23. Nobody has been able to beat that world record since, and he continued to win loads of gold medals and so on after that because nobody could run as fast as him even when he was past his peak.

That’s what I meant by ‘peak’, his physical peak. And Aubameyang will be past it. I do agree it’s a good signing though as I doubt we could afford to lose him, even though he’s past his physical peak.

That’s kind of a truism for most people though, I was in better shape at 22 than I was at 31. You can be a better footballer at 31 than 23. 400k does seem like too much for anyone, other than say a generational talent entering his peak who would be transformational to the club. 250+bonuses seems like a good deal for both parties tbh and I’m glad (in my detached football fan brain that doesn’t see all of these numbers as obscene) that he’s being rewarded for staying at a non champions league club.

The amount of alcohol I was drinking at 22 meant I was physically a lot better at 30 as I started running and curbed my drinking considerably. I could have survived on 250 k per week if anyone had offered it. 250 is just okay but anywhere higher is a bit silly. I suppose if bonuses for winning the EPL or CL were included I could understand some decent bonuses. But not for making top 4 or any other cups. But he had our balls in a tough grip so what else could we do.

Post #334248  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:09 am 

Ash wrote:
Oh man, lovely video from Martinez saying goodbye to the fans. Shows the power of fans getting behind players too and not on their backs. Well worth a watch

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFK0JwsnC9f/

What a lovely video. Top man.

Post #334249  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:33 am 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Yes I am. Human beings decline in pace as they get older and as he’s in his thirties he will not have the same pace now as he once did. It’s inevitable. Totally unavoidable and it’s pointless to pretend otherwise. There is no reason for thinking Aubameyang will be able to run as quickly as he could in his twenties. I would say he even looks a bit slower than when he first joined. The same goes for Theo Walcott, also 31. There’s no way he looks anything like as quick for Everton as he did when at his fastest at Arsenal.

Do you know how old Usain Bolt was when he did his fastest time for the 100m? He was actually 22, although it was only a few days away from his 23rd birthday. So Usain Bolt was at his physical peak around the age of 23. Nobody has been able to beat that world record since, and he continued to win loads of gold medals and so on after that because nobody could run as fast as him even when he was past his peak.

That’s what I meant by ‘peak’, his physical peak, particularly for pace. And Aubameyang will be past his peak for pace and will get further past it as he gets older. However, I wholeheartedly agree it’s a good signing though as I doubt we could afford to lose him, even though he’s past his physical peak in terms of pace.

I think there is a lot of variation. The fact that Bolt's peak may have been 23 simply proves the point that there is considerable variation, even in a discipline like sprinting, where you also have example like Frankie Fredericks, who was still breaking 20 second for the 200 m at the age of 34.

In football you just have to look to the 33 year old Jamie Vardy's perfomance last season so see that your argument is too rigid.

Post #334250  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:41 am 

Ash wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I'm relieved that it isn't 400k, which is a bit obscene. Of course, so it 250k but in today's market, he is undoubtedly worth it.

400 was a stretch but considering how badly we need stability and a talisman to build around, it didn't seem an absurd number.

Post #334251  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:36 am 

Spurs are pushing hard to bring Bale back, even potentially offering Alli in a swap deal. Seems strange to swap a 24 year old for a 31 year old. Bringing Bale back seems a bit posturing from Spurs, a bit similar to hiring Mourinho. Does anyone even know if Bale is any good at football any more? He's spent the last year and a half getting his handicap down

Post #334252  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:46 am 

Decaf wrote:
I think there is a lot of variation. The fact that Bolt's peak may have been 23 simply proves the point that there In football you just have to look to the 33 year old Jamie Vardy's perfomance last season so see that your argument is too rigid.

I certainly accept that there will be some variation between individuals concerning when they’ll be at the quickest. But do you seriously think that had Vardy been at Leicester rather that wherever he was in his early twenties, was it Fleetwood Town or somewhere like that, he wouldn’t be able to run quicker then than he does now? Leicester, a Premiership club, will have better training regimes for their players than a non-league outfit like Fleetwood. I think that’s a perfectly reasonable suggestion. If Vardy is now 33, I bet he won’t have the pace he did after he’d be training with Leicester for a while. I bet he doesn’t have the pace now that he had in their title season. I just think your trying to support your argument with little consideration of what happens to human bodies in their thirties.

Gaz made a good point about his drinking in his early twenties. I would make similar points about things like drug addiction and heavy smoking in one’s early twenties. If they give up whatever they abused in their twenties, they should be able to get fitter in their thirties and run quicker than then.

In Aubameyang’s case I would assume the training and indeed dietary regime at Dortmund will be at a similar sort of level to Arsenal’s. I’ve also heard nothing about him abusing any substance in his early twenties. If my assumptions with those factors are correct, Aubameyang not only won’t have the pace he did at his physical peak, there is only one direction his pace will go over the next three years. Downhill.

Ash did make a very good point about experience, though I don’t recall him using the word ‘experience’. I assumed that was the point he was making. Experience of what to do when can improve players’ performance. From this, a player of 31 could well make better decisions about what to do with the ball when in possession than he did at 21, even if he can’t run as fast. But that wasn’t what I meant by ‘peak’. I was talking about physical peak and from that pace, and Aubameyang’s speed will inevitably decline over the course of his three year contract.

Post #334253  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:57 am 

Aubameyang signing is great news, simply because replacing his goals would have been a nightmare, at least in the short term. We may have had to take a gamble on the lad Edouard at Celtic or someone like that.

Vardy still seems to be at the peak of his powers and I think these days players receive much better medical treatment etc and can prolong their careers well into their thirties, barring any significant injuries.

That said, we cannot rely on Aubameyang's goals. We need to get goals from elsewhere and share the burden around the team. We've been lucky in that Aubameyang seems a remarkable athlete who rarely misses games but that may not go on forever.

You would assume that Aubameyang was given guarantees about signings before he signed his deal so I hope we see a couple more topclass players come in. However, with Kroenke in charge who knows, we might have to make do and mend again.

As we are I think we might flirt with 4th place but ultimately fall short. With a couple of classy signings we could genuinely compete for 3rd or 4th.

Post #334254  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 am 

socrates wrote:
You would assume that Aubameyang was given guarantees about signings before he signed his deal so I hope we see a couple more topclass players come in. However, with Kroenke in charge who knows, we might have to make do and mend again.

Morning socrates. A few others have said that he would have received assurances about future signings being made. I wish I was convinced as the rest of you. Surely the club can’t guarantee named signings. How can they promise they’ll sign, say Partey? Another club, and maybe a bigger one, could come in for him and offer him more money. My guess is that all Arsenal could do is assure him that they hope or intend strengthening the team across whatever positions. But that’s not a promise they will.

Post #334255  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:39 am 

Joining in the happy chorus for Aubameyang extending his contract! :5encouragement: :26encouragement: :6encouragement:

:21encouragement:

:22encouragement:

Post #334256  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 am 

DHD wrote:
£400,000 per week.

Attachment:

Post #334257  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 am 

warrior wrote:
DHD wrote:
£400,000 per week.

Attachment:
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

You’re looking well though, and keeping up the smart attire even in the house :58big-emoticons:

Post #334258  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:01 am 

Martinez sold,

Candlelit vigil at 5pm today folks with everyone playing their part. Feels like the loss of a family member

Post #334259  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am 

Looks like the Martinez fee is £20m plus add ons. I'd have liked higher but in a covid market and for a GK who has more games for the U23 than the first team it is a very good price considering what Martinez would have been worth only 4 months ago.
I think it is a good deal for Villa as well, his limited first 11 exposure is their biggest risk.

I can't think of many clubs selling their reserve GK for £20m+

Post #334260  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:31 am 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:

Morning socrates. A few others have said that he would have received assurances about future signings being made. I wish I was convinced as the rest of you. Surely the club can’t guarantee named signings. How can they promise they’ll sign, say Partey? Another club, and maybe a bigger one, could come in for him and offer him more money. My guess is that all Arsenal could do is assure him that they hope or intend strengthening the team across whatever positions. But that’s not a promise they will.

Yeah, I doubt they can say we will be signing X player. Probably more we'll have X money and will be using it to strengthen the team, or potentially not even as specific as that, it might be Aubameyang has just been convinced by Arteta's plans and ambition for the team. Beating Liverpool twice, City and Chelsea to win the FA Cup can't have done any harm in having him believe in those ambitions.
Martinez, Torreira and Kolasinac or Balogun or Sokratis will pay for Partey

Post #334261  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:16 pm 

Question for the esteemed forum. I was discussing music recently with other Americans and British music came up. There was a trend (maybe still is) of something called 'mockney'. As you may already know, non Londoners non east enders, working class putting on an cockney accent.

It was said that some bands or singers did that. I love this song but we couldn't decide is this was an example of a 'mockney' accent. The guy is a Brummie if I'm not mistaken.

Post #334262  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:28 pm 

Cengiz Under close to signing for Leicester from Roma for £25m. This guy was wanted by a lot of big clubs not so long ago. Fee of up to £40m mentioned.

Spurs signing left-back Reguilon from Real Madrid for £25m and having to put a buy back clause for Madrid in the deal. Reguilon was voted the best left back in Spain last year. Spurs also trying to get Gareth Bale back from Madrid. Madrid want him gone but his £650k a week wages are a problem! Madrid could pay 50% of those wages and let Bale leave on loan, and possibly take Dele Alli on loan the other way.

Potentially two good moves for Spurs, but then they still have Mourinho as manager so its ok

Post #334263  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:32 pm 

Chuba Akpom is about to sign for Middlesbrough, Arsenal have a 40% sell on clause which could bring in £1-1.5m depending on the final fee. Every little helps! Put in in the drawer marked New Central Midfielder

Post #334264  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:33 pm 

Rich wrote:
Every little helps!

Are you a Tesco shopper Rich?

Post #334265  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 pm 

Seems to be quite a bit of interest in Kolasinac from Germany and Roma. £10m seems to be the price which I'd be very happy with. Ive also seen reports saying the player wants to 'stay and fight for his place'. Which when you consider his place is behind Tierney, AMN, Saka at left back or left wing back, and also behind Gabriel, Mari, Tierney, Holding for the left centre back role, it really means I want to stay and pick up my nice big wage.

I'd hope Arteta is just clear that Kolasinac is way down the list for his two preferred positions and he simply won't get any game time this season. If he wants to play regular football then we'll happily let him seal a transfer.

Post #334266  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 pm 

Rich wrote:
Cengiz Under close to signing for Leicester from Roma for £25m. This guy was wanted by a lot of big clubs not so long ago. Fee of up to £40m mentioned.

Spurs signing left-back Reguilon from Real Madrid for £25m and having to put a buy back clause for Madrid in the deal. Reguilon was voted the best left back in Spain last year. Spurs also trying to get Gareth Bale back from Madrid. Madrid want him gone but his £650k a week wages are a problem! Madrid could pay 50% of those wages and let Bale leave on loan, and possibly take Dele Alli on loan the other way.

Potentially two good moves for Spurs, but then they still have Mourinho as manager so its ok

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54180786

Quote:
Eric Dier says Tottenham's packed schedule is a danger to player welfare as they face the possibility of nine matches in 21 days.

Spurs are in Bulgaria for the Europa League and could play every Tuesday and Thursday for the next three weeks if they also progress in the Carabao Cup.

"If you look at that schedule, it isn't showing any care for players' physical welfare," Dier said.

Spurs are facing four matches over an eight-day period coming up.

After facing Lokomotiv Plovdiv on Thursday, Jose Mourinho's side play Southampton on Sunday, Leyton Orient on Tuesday and then a likely trip to either Macedonia or Romania next week

:1laughter: I’m heartbroken for the Spuds here. Plovdiv sounds made up! :1laughter:

Post #334267  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:46 pm 

Ash wrote:
Rich wrote:

Quote:
Eric Dier says Tottenham's packed schedule is a danger to player welfare as they face the possibility of nine matches in 21 days.

Spurs are in Bulgaria for the Europa League and could play every Tuesday and Thursday for the next three weeks if they also progress in the Carabao Cup.

"If you look at that schedule, it isn't showing any care for players' physical welfare," Dier said.

Spurs are facing four matches over an eight-day period coming up.

After facing Lokomotiv Plovdiv on Thursday, Jose Mourinho's side play Southampton on Sunday, Leyton Orient on Tuesday and then a likely trip to either Macedonia or Romania next week

:1laughter: I’m heartbroken for the Spuds here. Plovdiv sounds made up! :1laughter:

Yes tough one Eric. No one has ever suffered such deprivations before. I bet in those old mining towns in the UK the old fellas are starting a fund me page. Imagine going down in a pit 6 days a week with your life in danger for a pittance compared to what Eric is paid. Harden up Eric.

Post #334268  Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:02 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Ash wrote:

Yes tough one Eric. No one has ever suffered such deprivations before. I bet in those old mining towns in the UK the old fellas are starting a fund me page. Imagine going down in a pit 6 days a week with your life in danger for a pittance compared to what Eric is paid. Harden up Eric.

I wonder if the International Labour Organisation has been informed of this scandalous violation of the rights and dignity of the working man down at the Lane? Surely they would act? Or are they too busy faffing around with trifles like child labour and human trafficking?

Post #334269  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:12 am 

Rich wrote:
Chuba Akpom is about to sign for Middlesbrough, Arsenal have a 40% sell on clause which could bring in £1-1.5m depending on the final fee. Every little helps! Put in in the drawer marked New Central Midfielder

Gosh, I've forgotten we have (had) Akpom in our ranks. Another Wenger project going away.

Post #334270  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:15 am 

Rich wrote:
Seems to be quite a bit of interest in Kolasinac from Germany and Roma. £10m seems to be the price which I'd be very happy with. Ive also seen reports saying the player wants to 'stay and fight for his place'. Which when you consider his place is behind Tierney, AMN, Saka at left back or left wing back, and also behind Gabriel, Mari, Tierney, Holding for the left centre back role, it really means I want to stay and pick up my nice big wage.

I'd hope Arteta is just clear that Kolasinac is way down the list for his two preferred positions and he simply won't get any game time this season. If he wants to play regular football then we'll happily let him seal a transfer.

I think he is just keen on staying in London with his pal Özil. Picking up a good wage without having to play helps too. I was concerned with a report (hope not true) that Arteta is considering to keep him in the squad. Kola used to do it for us with his marauding runs and quick forward plays. But he has reverted to an Ozil-like, slow and contemplative style.

Post #334271  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:29 am 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I wonder if the International Labour Organisation has been informed of this scandalous violation of the rights and dignity of the working man down at the Lane? Surely they would act? Or are they too busy faffing around with trifles like child labour and human trafficking?

There may very well be support on these pages to make this a project to assist our neighbours. I will look up the UN numbers and try and get a plan together.

The absolute hilarious part of it is that they were swinging from the rafters before the F A Cup final and then the result put them deep in it.

Post #334272  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:38 am 

Deal for the Icelandic goalkeeper done, according to RMC who are usually very reliable with the French league. Very cheap backup to Leno, it's clear we're going to focus our money on midfield signings.

Post #334273  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:10 pm 

socrates wrote:

Correct. As club captain his relationship with M.A. is very close and he contributes to oppo research and match strategy. He was not necessarily guaranteed top signings , but rather a 3 year plan to get the club to where it belongs. The plan involves taking the risk now( instead of waiting to spend only after a probable top 4 finish ) and spending the money to strengthen the squad , work on the pitch and challenging. I am sure the strong finish last season , 2 trophies and the way we have recruited so far was enough.

We also have personal terms agreed with Aouar for a contract till 2025 about 2 weeks ago. Agent and player are happy. Club and player camp agreed it is time to move on provided the buying club and Lyon agree. Now both Arsenal and Lyon have to agree a fee.

Post #334274  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:35 pm 

Every trophy we have won since Stan took over was in spite of him not because of him.

Post #334275  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:38 pm 

My guess is Aubameyang has seen the club transform since Arteta took over. He's comfortable, well loved and liked, and we look on the cusp of winning things. He knows what it feels like to lift a trophy in an Arsenal kit and sees more to come.
Rather than risk going somewhere and possibly not being able to fit in and do well, he has a big club already where he is central to the attack. And I hope he sees himself as ending his career a club legend.

Post #334276  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:49 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Deal for the Icelandic goalkeeper done, according to RMC who are usually very reliable with the French league. Very cheap backup to Leno, it's clear we're going to focus our money on midfield signings.

You wonder what games he will start? league cup? FA cup? Europa? That is still a lot of games and given he is a No. 2 for Dijon this year you'd have to question if he's ready. It is a risk if Leno breaks down. Hopefully he turns out to be mustard for us

Post #334277  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gareth- ... eler/39381

That is an awful lot of injuries for Bale, especially considering how few games he plays.

Post #334278  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:54 pm 

Not sure who has watched the Spurs documentary on amazon, typically it is all about Jose, he is a showman, has charisma and the camera is always on him. However, I thought his conversation with Danny Rose (if you've seen it) was interesting, Rose more than held his own and in the end Jose seemed a bit sheepish.
Also the one guy who comes across very staged, almost David Brent like is Daniel Levy. There is just something about him in it all. Fawning at Mourinho's every move, seemingly unable to connect or have respect from the players, and always a bit awkward in how he talks to people. No doubt he's a successful businessman but there is something odd about him in the documentary

Post #334279  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:54 pm 

Leon Gontran wrote:
socrates wrote:

Correct. As club captain his relationship with M.A. is very close and he contributes to oppo research and match strategy. He was not necessarily guaranteed top signings , but rather a 3 year plan to get the club to where it belongs. The plan involves taking the risk now( instead of waiting to spend only after a probable top 4 finish ) and spending the money to strengthen the squad , work on the pitch and challenging. I am sure the strong finish last season , 2 trophies and the way we have recruited so far was enough.

We also have personal terms agreed with Aouar for a contract till 2025 about 2 weeks ago. Agent and player are happy. Club and player camp agreed it is time to move on provided the buying club and Lyon agree. Now both Arsenal and Lyon have to agree a fee.

Hi Leon,

That's interesting.

Are we looking at Partey as well or has that ship sailed, or is it one or the other (if any).

Post #334280  Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:30 pm 

My fear is that Arteta may think he doesn't need Partey since Elneny is playing well. I'm not saying Elneny is a bad player, but Partey seems obviously much better. Elneny as back up, for cups or whatever.

[ 390291 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8354, 8355, 8356, 8357, 8358, 8359, 8360 ... 9758  Next