Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, warrior and 420 guests

Post #572001  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:20 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Truth is we have the best team in the league right now but City have the best squad.

It’s a season of 40 games. At some point you will need to rely on the group. It’s fixable but irritating

Once could point to little mistakes and flaws in Arteta's management (or Klopp's for that matter). But ultimately this is the case of the country with the most ammunition winning the war 99% of the time.

Post #572002  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 pm 

Might not be a popular opinion but I say yes. But then again, I wasn't around back then.

Attachments:

Post #572003  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:01 pm 

Probably back page dribble but there is a current rumor, which was lightly talked about before about us being interested in Rashford if other options fail.

Post #572004  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm 

I don't like his lack of work ethic at times. There were games he wasn't tracking back. Wasn't pressing. I don't want to use the term 'lazy' because I've seen him press like against us. I just think he's not motivated due to internal factors. He was one of the players even Mourinho said should be sold. Talented but will he put in a shift week in, week out?

Post #572005  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm 

warrior wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Truth is we have the best team in the league right now but City have the best squad.

You have to a$k how they did it though.

:laughing7:

Hard work, perseverance, and proud history of success, including a massive 2 titles in their glorious first 130 years, that wasn't bought with dodgy oil money at all. They paced themselves, but from the early days it was obvious they would one day dominate world football.

Trebles, invincible seasons, etc. are one thing, but winning the title, then managing to get relegated the following season, despite scoring more goals than any other team, is surely a feat that will never be repeated.

Post #572006  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Probably back page dribble but there is a current rumor, which was lightly talked about before about us being interested in Rashford if other options fail.

No thanks.
He’s on over £300k, has no workrate and no defensive nous and can’t press. He has pace but can look clumsy on a dribble and tends to just hit his shots as hard as he can and is quite selfish when it comes to shooting in the final 3rd. He’s a player who has relied on his athleticism and pace and doesn’t have enough technical ability and football intelligence for me.

If he was on a free and willing to take sub £100k a week I’m still not sure I’d want him as I don’t like his attitude in a sinking Man U ship - you can learn a lot about players in adversity. Look how Rice lead an average West Ham side from the front, captain and best player.

Post #572007  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm 

There has been a lot of praise for Ange’s high defensive line but it’s actually Arsenal who play the highest defensive line in all of Europe’s big 5 leagues.

Attachments:

Post #572008  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm 

Another MLS goal keeper's apparently at Arsenal for a trial. I don't know. After Matt Turner who moved on, it's a US Colorado Rapids keeper at 17 years old named Adam Beaudry.

Post #572009  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 pm 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

No thanks.
He’s on over £300k, has no workrate and no defensive nous and can’t press. He has pace but can look clumsy on a dribble and tends to just hit his shots as hard as he can and is quite selfish when it comes to shooting in the final 3rd. He’s a player who has relied on his athleticism and pace and doesn’t have enough technical ability and football intelligence for me.

If he was on a free and willing to take sub £100k a week I’m still not sure I’d want him as I don’t like his attitude in a sinking Man U ship - you can learn a lot about players in adversity. Look how Rice lead an average West Ham side from the front, captain and best player.

We can do much better. I seriously hope its just idle rumors and has no legs. I'd actually take Martial over him, any time. But both players are on the wrong side of 25. I prefer young, gifted strikers.

Post #572010  Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Not sure about the thinking on the tackling of Partey mark 1 TG.

In the Xhaka days before Rice arrived he was easily our most influential disruptive player in midfield.

He may well have been but he’s never been our disruptive shield if we are honest. Everyone expected a vieira which he isn’t.

His value has always been on the ball.

I know the time you’re thinking of when his absence led to a significant drop in our creativity and tempo. He was at the same time out most disruptive midfielder not just with directly tackling but tactically and interceptions as well. Xhaka could only do what he did further up the pitch when Partey was behind him so I think you’re underestimating Partey’s defensive capability.

Where I think you are right is that he does add a bit more zip to the tempo going forward and also doesn’t need to bear as much defensive work due to the evolution of the rest of the squad

A royal shame he’s had such persistent injury problems because with him sitting next to Rice that’s a hell of a CM pairing.

Post #572011  Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 am 

I think the NLD can possibly be summed up as a 'must win' game for The Arsenal and a 'must not lose' game for Tottenham. Tottenham will celebrate a draw because it means we are possibly out of the title chase. They want 4th and want to win for their fans but if they play well and get a draw the fans will take it.

Post #572012  Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 am 

Remember when we held Spur's future in our hands?

Post #572013  Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 am 

Maybe this result tomorrow.

[ 572013 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14297, 14298, 14299, 14300, 14301