Fixtures Tuesday January 26th - Southampton - St. Mary's Stadium - 8:15 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                    Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, Bing [Bot], warrior and 9 guests

Post #522281  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 am 

Gunfire wrote:
Rich wrote:
https://www.planetfootball.com/videos/watch-folarin-balogun-skips-past-defenders-scores-stunning-goal-for-arsenal-under-23s/
Balogun's goal for the U23's.

I get that there is this stand off between player and club which is basically "commit and we'll play you" versus "play me and i'll commit" but eventually Arsenal are going to be the ones who lose out in this.

If Balogun gets minutes and leaves for free or if he doesn't play and leaves for free he is going to get a very good deal at a very good club, there is nothing we can do to stop that. But if the only way to get him to sign a deal is to give him minutes then we need to take that first step. If Arsenal are worried about setting a precedent for other young players in terms of them delivering ultimatums 'play me or i'll leave' I think that is nonsense because Balogun is worthy of a place in match days squads.

What makes it all the more silly is Nketiah is down to the last 18 months of his contract now, so in the summer Arsenal are going to need to make a decision on him and for my money that decision should be to sell to the highest bidder which opens up the route to the first team even more clearly for Balogun. The Same is true of Lacazette who will only have a year left. And then consider Aubameyang is 31. The pathway to regular first team football couldn't be any more clear.

If Balogun is better why hasn't he played ahead of Nketiah?

He’s out of contract and leaving.

There’s no point playing a player who doesn’t want to be with us

Post #522282  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:24 am 

Rich wrote:
https://www.planetfootball.com/videos/watch-folarin-balogun-skips-past-defenders-scores-stunning-goal-for-arsenal-under-23s/
Balogun's goal for the U23's.

I get that there is this stand off between player and club which is basically "commit and we'll play you" versus "play me and i'll commit" but eventually Arsenal are going to be the ones who lose out in this.

If Balogun gets minutes and leaves for free or if he doesn't play and leaves for free he is going to get a very good deal at a very good club, there is nothing we can do to stop that. But if the only way to get him to sign a deal is to give him minutes then we need to take that first step. If Arsenal are worried about setting a precedent for other young players in terms of them delivering ultimatums 'play me or i'll leave' I think that is nonsense because Balogun is worthy of a place in match days squads.

What makes it all the more silly is Nketiah is down to the last 18 months of his contract now, so in the summer Arsenal are going to need to make a decision on him and for my money that decision should be to sell to the highest bidder which opens up the route to the first team even more clearly for Balogun. The Same is true of Lacazette who will only have a year left. And then consider Aubameyang is 31. The pathway to regular first team football couldn't be any more clear.

If he’s not going to sign a contract why should Arsenal have to play him and give him minutes ? Either he wants to be involved or not.

The real question for me is why isn’t martinelli getting another try up front instead of Nketiah. When he played centrally he looked far more assured than Nketiah who doesn’t look anywhere near premiership standard.

Post #522283  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:41 am 

gooner7 wrote:
And the clear favouritism from Arteta and Edu :20hospitals:

Seems to me that it's a good idea for them to try and show support for Willian - a very good player who has hit a rare patch of bad form during a really poor spell for the entire team. Getting him back to performing to the ability he showed for Chelsea during his 7 years there is definitely in the best interest of the club. Thought his performance against Southampton was a step forward for him.

Post #522284  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:46 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
If Balogun is better why hasn't he played ahead of Nketiah?

It might be worth asking why Balogun doesn’t want to be with us, if he doesn’t? Could it be a lack of playing time? If it is, would he have stayed had he Nketiah’s playing time? If so, it takes me to Gunfire’s question. If Balogun is better than Nketiah, why hasn’t Arteta played him more?

Post #522285  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:53 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

It might be worth asking why Balogun doesn’t want to be with us, if he doesn’t? Could it be a lack of playing time? If it is, would he have stayed had he Nketiah’s playing time? If so, it takes me to Gunfire’s question. If Balogun is better than Nketiah, why hasn’t Arteta played him more?

Same answer really Bernard. If he has no future with the club and is leaving for zero transfer fee why should the club give him valuable experience. I don’t think we should be playing him if that’s the case.

Post #522286  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:55 am 

Hazuki wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
And the clear favouritism from Arteta and Edu :20hospitals:

Seems to me that it's a good idea for them to try and show support for Willian - a very good player who has hit a rare patch of bad form during a really poor spell for the entire team. Getting him back to performing to the ability he showed for Chelsea during his 7 years there is definitely in the best interest of the club.

I’m no longer considering his previous form for chelsea. He’s dreadful

The worst Brazilian since Stevie Wonder tried to shave his wife’s minge

Post #522287  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:59 am 

Frank Lampard to be sacked. Enjoy yourself Thomas Tuchel.

Post #522288  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:01 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Seems to me that it's a good idea for them to try and show support for Willian - a very good player who has hit a rare patch of bad form during a really poor spell for the entire team. Getting him back to performing to the ability he showed for Chelsea during his 7 years there is definitely in the best interest of the club. Thought his performance against Southampton was a step forward for him.

I think people are writing off Willian as useless far too quickly. As you imply he produced enough over a long time at Chelsea to show he has the ingredients to be a fine player for Arsenal. Unless age has caught up with him and since joining he’s grown older by five years rather than five months.

Post #522289  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:17 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Same answer really Bernard. If he has no future with the club and is leaving for zero transfer fee why should the club give him valuable experience. I don’t think we should be playing him if that’s the case.

My question has more to do with why he wasn’t given more playing time before he decided to leave, if he has and if he is better than Nketiah?

[ 522289 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13054, 13055, 13056, 13057, 13058