Fixtures

Kick-Off

Injuries                    Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:38 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], grantyboy, long time gooner, warrior and 4 guests

Post #514881  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 am 

Willian confirmed on Arsenal.com and on Sky Sports News.

Post #514882  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:20 am 

https://www.arsenal.com/news/arteta-gav ... me-arsenal

Willian officially announced.
Arteta spoke about his versatility in attacking midfield and wide areas

Post #514883  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 am 

A Chelsea supporting friend said if he could only win one final, he'd much rather prefer the Europa cup final against us rather than the FA cup final. I had to agree. :20hospitals:

....not that I'm not happy about the win.

Post #514884  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:31 am 

If the stories about 32 year old Willian earning 220k a week on a 3 year deal with an option for a 4th then I want to know exactly whay they are smoking over at Arsenal because I want some of it.

Willian is a very good player but you can't tell me there is not better value in the post covid market than this.

Post #514885  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:31 am 

You can debate his wages and us becoming a chelsea retirement home but when all is said and done whenever I’ve Watched chelsea he’s usually the player likely to get on the ball and make something happen.

His band the black eyed peas are pretty good too

Post #514886  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:36 am 

socrates wrote:
If the stories about 32 year old Willian earning 220k a week on a 3 year deal with an option for a 4th then I want to know exactly whay they are smoking over at Arsenal because I want some of it.

Willian is a very good player but you can't tell me there is not better value in the post covid market than this.

I read the 220 includes bonuses for winning the league and qualifying for the champions league.

If that happens I’ll gladly pay him that !,

Post #514887  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:14 am 

Some definite question marks regarding age and money, but Willian also ticks a fair amount of boxes looking at our needs. He's a class player, experienced, can deliver right away, creative, versatile, and the most important point for me is that Arteta seemingly wanted to sign him. That means he probably has a good idea about how he wants to use Willian, and I'm all for letting him build the team. Hopefully more to follow now!

Post #514888  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:14 am 

Accusation emerges Arsenal signed Willian for the wrong reasons

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-22520360

"But the Sky Sports pundit has questioned whether the Brazilian is actually an Arteta signing, or whether he has been snapped up for business reasons."

Post #514889  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:56 am 

bubblechris wrote:
...There has to be somthing that will break him.
Wow! The new Arsenal way...

Post #514890  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:59 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
You can debate his wages and us becoming a chelsea retirement home but when all is said and done whenever I’ve Watched chelsea he’s usually the player likely to get on the ball and make something happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEeeGMpM_Nk

Post #514891  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:32 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Wow! The new Arsenal way...

The SG forum way (a few), don't blame The Arsenal.

Post #514892  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:40 am 

Edu’s comment about “squad rebalancing” is key

I’d expect Lacazette to be sold, Willian as a cheap way of adding experience in the final third and the money to be re invested in midfield.

Could also refer to offloading some of the excess centre halves we have acquired, Sokratis, Holding or Chambers.

Post #514893  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:48 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
As long as he's physically fit and it's the manager's choice not to involve him in the squad, I don't see how the club would have a case. As far as I know, he's made himself available for selection and Arteta is the one choosing not to play him - probably rightly so, but it means Özil is fulfilling his contractual obligation.

I don't disagree with you but all legal cases are legal till someone proves they are illegal. :36angers:

A player can work to rule can an employer not do the same? put some stress into the situation. Maqke him captain of the youth team. Make him play an away game every week. Make him train till he drops. There has to be somthing that will break him.

No it’s called workplace harassment and discrimination Einstein

Post #514894  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:16 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
As long as he's physically fit and it's the manager's choice not to involve him in the squad, I don't see how the club would have a case. As far as I know, he's made himself available for selection and Arteta is the one choosing not to play him - probably rightly so, but it means Özil is fulfilling his contractual obligation.

I don't disagree with you but all legal cases are legal till someone proves they are illegal. :36angers:

A player can work to rule can an employer not do the same? put some stress into the situation. Maqke him captain of the youth team. Make him play an away game every week. Make him train till he drops. There has to be somthing that will break him.

Hi bubblechris. I suspect Hazuki is right. Özil presumably turns up for training and makes himself available for selection, even if when he played before the lockdown Arteta wasn’t satisfied with his performances.

As an employer I doubt the club would be able to make him train differently to other players, if that’s what you mean by making ‘him train till he drops.’ You also suggest making him the captain of the youth team. I don’t know but I would assume there’s a maximum age at which players are allowed to play for the youth team. If there is, he will surely be way above it. But even if there isn’t, I don’t see that breaking Özil. He will do everything he formally has to in order to get his £350k a week until the end of June next year.

Post #514895  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:08 pm 

If we're linked with a player I go and look who his agent is. Sergio Reguilon is the latest one linked and lo and behold his agent is Kia.
He's a Real Madrid left back - certainly an improvement on Kolasinac but the money should surely be invested in other areas of the team. If we don't sell AMN then we have Tierney, Saka, AMN and even Cédric can play LB and that if we sell Kolasinac and don't replace him.

Post #514896  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Yeah but his band disbanded and most retired so not sure that's what we need. :laughing7:

In seriousness I've liked him as a player to beat his man and will provide competition and backup for Pépé. just hope he can stay injury free. Can't recall too much about his final ball though which will be vital once his pace starts to go.

[ 514896 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12869, 12870, 12871, 12872, 12873