Fixtures Sunday November 1st - Manchester United - Old Trafford - 4:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                    Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:09 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: warrior and 3 guests

Post #518041  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:54 pm 

dec wrote:
Goonie wrote:
Nelson has been impressive. MOTM?

He and Willock have been very good. Gives Arteta food for thought. Both need a run of games.

Would love to see more players from the academy becoming important squad players.

Post #518042  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 pm 

Obviously you have to bear in mind the standard of the opposition but I thought Willock was brilliant tonight.

Post #518043  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:04 pm 

socrates wrote:
Obviously you have to bear in mind the standard of the opposition but I thought Willock was brilliant tonight.

He was great. He was operating in the final 3rd like any decent midfielder should, also he was prepared to take risks and lose the ball trying to penetrate their penalty area.

We have several midfielders just happy to recycle the ball in midfield so might be worth trying him there a bit more.

Post #518044  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

He was great. He was operating in the final 3rd like any decent midfielder should, also he was prepared to take risks and lose the ball trying to penetrate their penalty area.

We have several midfielders just happy to recycle the ball in midfield so might be worth trying him there a bit more.

Willock has lovely technique. I could be totally wrong, but I think his biggest difficulty is self-confidence. I'm not sure he has figured out how good he can be.

Post #518045  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

A stark reminder that central midfielders can dribble, can make surging runs forwards and can get in the opposition box....it is allowed. I'm so tired of the sideways passing and the second half was a breath of fresh air in that repect.

Nelson too, dribbling at pace which is what I have been wanting Pépé to do.

Post #518046  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:23 pm 

Willock and Nelson both did really well. Credit to Cédric too; felt he had a good game. The keeper had very little to do. But what he did do, he did well.

Disappointing that Balogun showed nothing at all. Youngsters, when they get any sort of chance, have to show at least something might be there. I don’t think Balogun did that.

Post #518047  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:35 pm 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Willock has lovely technique. I could be totally wrong, but I think his biggest difficulty is self-confidence. I'm not sure he has figured out how good he can be.

Could tonight be the game where he finally feels he belongs. Sometimes a performance like that is like someone switching on a light.

Post #518048  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:39 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

A stark reminder that central midfielders can dribble, can make surging runs forwards and can get in the opposition box....it is allowed. I'm so tired of the sideways passing and the second half was a breath of fresh air in that repect.

Rosicky and Hleb caused opposition defences a lot of problems and created a lot of openings playing that way. Pity one was always injured and the other left.

Post #518049  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 pm 

Goonie wrote:
socrates wrote:

Rosicky and Hleb caused opposition defences a lot of problems and created a lot of openings playing that way. Pity one was always injured and the other left.

Hleb was one of the best dribblers I've ever seen. It's a shame he couldn't shoot or finish or he could have been a worldbeater.

Post #518050  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:51 pm 

socrates wrote:
Goonie wrote:

Hleb was one of the best dribblers I've ever seen. It's a shame he couldn't shoot or finish or he could have been a worldbeater.

That was quite a crazy experiment by Wenger - playing three playmakers (Fabregas, Hleb and Rosicky) in the same side.

[ 518050 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12948, 12949, 12950, 12951, 12952