Fixtures Sunday April 11th - Sheffield United - Bramall Lane - 7:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                    Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, Bing [Bot], socrates, warrior and 3 guests

Post #527041  Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:53 am 

The Blades sit at the bottom of the table with no hope of staying up. This game should 3 games in the bag but as we all know, we often play down to the level of the opposition.

It's said clubs in Sheffield's predicament have nothing to lose and play as such and would love a big name scalp as they are going down.

We should win this one pretty much no matter who we put out. Yes, respect the opposition and we don't have the luxury of taking the game for granted but we really should win this one. Anything other than a win is unacceptable.

As far as Aubameyang with the flu, its possible I guess. There aren't going to be zero flu cases. People still stay out in the outdoors or whatever too long and catch colds and flus. I take it, it seems 'suspicious'?

Post #527042  Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:56 am 

Martinelli is part of a 'too long' list of Arsenal players going back to Wenger that you wonder why they aren't playing. I'd love to have the real story of why. Saliba being the most recent and to a lesser extent Balogun.

Post #527043  Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:06 am 

Rich wrote:
I agree, but there is still the slim chance of snatching 7th and ensuring European football via the league. We’ve got the easiest run in. We need to overtake Leeds, villa, Everton and spurs. We should be, should be, winning 7 of our remaining 8 games. If we did I think we’d get at least 7th

Hi Rich. While you’re right with regards the maths of getting up the table, as I’ve said before the only consistent thing about our performances and results this season is our inconsistency. Accepting what you say about having a good looking run in, I will be surprised if we get the results that on paper we should. Today, as you say elsewhere, we play the worst team in the league. We should win comfortably and are thus firm favourites. But am I confident we will? The answer to my own question is a big, firm no.

Post #527044  Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:16 am 

Rich wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
8 games to go in the EPL. There can be no reason why Martnelli does not start in a majority of those games and Balogun must get some starts. We should be starting to plan for next season.

I agree, but there is still the slim chance of snatching 7th and ensuring European football via the league. We’ve got the easiest run in. We need to overtake Leeds, villa, Everton and spurs. We should be, should be, winning 7 of our remaining 8 games. If we did I think we’d get at least 7th

Hi Rich,

Winning 7 out of 8 is title winning form. I'd be surprised if we win more than half those games given our inconsistency and ability to shoot ourselves in the foot at any given moment.

It's sad but thats where we are at the moment.

[ 527044 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13173, 13174, 13175, 13176, 13177