Fixtures Sunday September 1st - Tottenham Hotspur - Emirates Stadium - 4:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                    Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bromley gooner, warrior, Wilts-Gooner and 7 guests

Post #509921  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:14 pm 

If you're an Arsenal fan who called for Emery to be sacked after losing 3-1 to the Champions League winners who finished on 97 points last term you really need to take a look at yourself and perhaps reflect on what being a loyal supporter is all about. And then find another team

Post #509922  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:02 pm 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
I would certainly put Liverpool in its present state in the top 3 or 4 in Europe at worst. At this point in the season, early days, lets not get too despondent. We'll probably look like a different side in a 2 months, maybe less.

Top 2 easily. Their European champions and runners up in the last two years, lost just 1 game in the league last season. It is then and City a long way ahead of the rest in Europe at the moment

I was being conservative. But I wouldn't argue with with that.

Post #509923  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:23 pm 

People who want Emery sacked after 3 games find Jim Davidson funny

Post #509924  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:25 pm 

Ash wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

He misplaced too many passes from playing out of defence today. I counted at least 3. And his fumble leading to a throw in was a culmination of his lack of confidence/ composure. His body language indicated that he knew he had a very poor game.

Well precisely. Misplaced 3 passes doesn’t make him the worst player on the pitch, and even if he we was, my question would be why you are bothering to single him out at all? No one played well. His sharpness, speed and excellence pass won us the game at Newcastle.

Singling him out just for the Pool game. I think he did very poorly. Ok, maybe Luiz was more culpable. Mind you, I still like him a lot more, than with a few of the Arsenal first teamers.

Post #509925  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:57 pm 

Yay. Joelinton opens the scoring

Post #509926  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:58 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

Yep

1 - Nil.

Shame that.

Post #509927  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:04 pm 

warrior wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Yep

1 - Nil.

Shame that.

I keep thinking of him as being Joe Linton.

Post #509928  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:29 pm 

Tottenham :42laughter:

Post #509929  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:18 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
warrior wrote:
Yep

1 - Nil.

Shame that.

I keep thinking of him as being Joe Linton.

Injury time 6 minutes! Still 1-0!

Post #509930  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:23 pm 

I think some people are giving Sokratis a bit too much slack. His attempt to get to the corner for Liverpool’s first was so poor it was laughable, with the amusement being for someone who dislikes Arsenal. Obviously Luiz has drawn attention away from him but as others have said, if Mustafi had made Luiz’ errors for Liverpool’s penalty and third goal, the criticism he’d have got would have been way beyond what Luiz has received.

Moreover, I’d add Sokratis for the first goal to that observation, as well as Koscielny’s performance in the Europa final. I can sort of understand the latter as when he had Mertesacker to look after him, he was a fine player. It was also before the nature of his departure left a bad taste in the mouth. But as a general rule I think many have been too quick to focus on Mustafi’s mistakes while ignoring those of others. Mustafi started well at Arsenal and didn’t give away two early goals like Luiz has in his first three games. It’s frightening to think if Mustafi leaves the initial alternative to Luiz or Sokratis is the overrated (I exclude DHD from that observation) Holding.

One other point is that two of our good chances would surely have been disallowed via VAR. Pépé handled the ball with his first opportunity and Aubameyang was just offside with his second half chance. However, those two players did miss in the initial 45 minutes when I expected more. Aubameyang with his lob when their keeper booted the ball out to him, and Pépé when through outstanding play and pace he gave himself a one on one with the keeper.

Post #509931  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:25 pm 

:7laughter: :53big-emoticons: :22encouragement:

Post #509932  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:27 pm 

Isn't football a great game. own and out yesterday and Spurs lose and belief omes back.

And England sorry Bengland beat the Aussies with na fantastic 135 not out.

Post #509933  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:27 pm 

So spurs have lost to Newcastle who we beat.

The only way forward for them now is to sack their manager for not getting more out of the players, sack Kane, sack Ericsson, sack levy, get rid of that new ground because there’s no alternative approach that works right.

Keep moaning about yesterday lads :laughing7:

Post #509934  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:30 pm 

Bernard wrote:
I think some people are giving Sokratis a bit too much slack. His attempt to get to the corner for Liverpool’s first was so poor it was laughable, with the amusement being for someone who dislikes Arsenal. Obviously Luiz has drawn attention away from him but as others have said, if Mustafi had made Luiz’ errors for Liverpool’s penalty and third goal, the criticism he’d have got would have been way beyond what Luiz has received.

Moreover, I’d add Sokratis for the first goal to that observation, as well as Koscielny’s performance in the Europa final. I can sort of understand the latter as when he had Mertesacker to look after him, he was a fine player. It was also before the nature of his departure left a bad taste in the mouth. But as a general rule I think many have been too quick to focus on Mustafi’s mistakes while ignoring those of others. Mustafi started well at Arsenal and didn’t give away two early goals like Luiz has in his first three games. It’s frightening to think if Mustafi leaves the initial alternative to Luiz or Sokratis is the overrated (I exclude DHD from that observation) Holding.

One other point is that two of our good chances would surely have been disallowed via VAR. Pépé handled the ball with his first opportunity and Aubameyang was just offside with his second half chance. However, those two players did miss in the initial 45 minutes when I expected more. Aubameyang with his lob when their keeper booted the ball out to him, and Pépé when through outstanding play and pace he gave himself a one on one with the keeper.

I haven’t seen anyone say he played well though. I was a bit worried how unsure he was. Bit bemused you’re mentioning Mustafi.

Post #509935  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 pm 

I may be jinxing us for the upcoming NLD but I had a feeling that the wheels may come off at Tottenham this season. Its tough to maintain top 4 with 5 other clubs around you and you don't spend, etc.

I expect us to do well against them. Liverpool right now you really have to see as playing Real Madrid, Juve, PSG or Barca. They are on another level and as I have said, 3-1 isnt as bad as it seems considering where we are and where they are right now.

I've always liked Steve Bruce (after looking at the Tottenham game) probably the only Man Utd person I like. I don't like Hughes, hated Fergie but he's warmed on me a wee bit. I've come to respect and even like a wee bit Gary Neville and Roy Keane.

Post #509936  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:42 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
...And England sorry Bengland beat the Aussies with a fantastic 135 not out.
We have seen some amazing Ashes matches over the years, but that surely has to be the most unexpected win of all? I would say Stokes' innings shades the heroics of Botham and Willis back in 1981. I never thought I'd see that comeback bettered.

Post #509937  Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:10 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
...And England sorry Bengland beat the Aussies with a fantastic 135 not out.
We have seen some amazing Ashes matches over the years, but that surely has to be the most unexpected win of all? I would say Stokes' innings shades the heroics of Botham and Willis back in 1981. I never thought I'd see that comeback bettered.

That was some of the most compelling sport I’ve seen since, well, the cricket World Cup final. Magnificent innings by Stokes and tremendous grit from Leach. What a win.

[ 509937 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12745, 12746, 12747, 12748, 12749