Fixtures Sunday February 25th - Manchester City - Wembley Stadium - Carabao Cup - 4:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries            Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Andy Green, Daz, warrior and 8 guests

Post #491281  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:24 am 

Bernard wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
The thing is both showed early promise , as many others have ( even Iwobi) , but when you have a recurring culture that doesn’t do game management or real accountability , or encourage vocal rollicking ; or leadership , or delegation to others who have those qualities, is it any wonder that these players regress? As has been said many times this will go on and on for as long as the club allows it too in ever decreasing circles .

Let’s cut to the chase , some on here can talk about the manager not having the budget years ago ( personally I feel , there’s been a smoke & mirrors act there too , but let’s put that aside) but the on the pitch issues outlined above are exactly those identified by many of us who were vehemently Wenger out back as far as circa 2011 , and were told we were over reacting , it’s just now they are more glaring, and there are more better teams around to stop us getting away with it, and now even more of the rubbish teams can turn us over

This is why many of us are now arsenal fans pretty much in name only , and the only thing that keeps us clinging to that status is this misplaced sense of fan loyalty that is inbuilt through growing up from 7/8 years old

Your first paragraph hits the nail on the head. Players are Wengerised after joining Arsenal. I'd rate Monreal, Giroud and Koscielny as the last three players who definitely improved after arriving. Sanchez and Özil were already world stars. But of those three, Monreal was the most recent signing and he joined in January 2013. That's five years ago now. Youngsters coming into the team from the youth set up like Bellerin and Iwobi are worse now than when they became first teamers. As you say, players regress. That won't change until the old buffoon finally buggers off. I've said all this before and I'll say it again. It's much less to do with the players than the manager. Much, much less.

EDIT: I left your second and third paragraphs because they also raise valid points.

Spot on. :53big-emoticons:

Post #491282  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:28 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
The next two games against against city will be interesting, as arsenal will be underdogs , and the players have shown in recent times that they can get themselves up for these big cup games, a win Sunday wouldn’t surprise ( although for the long term good of the club , maybe a Wembley tanking would be helpful, at the very least it would piss Wenger off ), I expect arsenal to get something out of one of the two games though, maybe a draw in the league game?

The next real barometer will be be when the delicate snowflakes come down here to sussex by the sea Sunday week, Brighton have been playing well in recent weeks and picking up results , and with ulloa’s return and the new signing Locadia have more goal options, I’ve been telling brighton fans that if they go at arsenal in a sensible way, there is a good chance they will turn them over , although Hughton is a conservative coach by nature ( much as we love him in these parts) and the fear is they will defend deep and get picked off. Much will depend on the vital Swansea game at the Amex tomorrow as to how brighton approach the arsenal game.

If the football gods said if you win the cup final you will get a revenge thrashing in the league game, I'd take it with pleasure.

Quite right normally. But right now I really dont care. But I probably will by Sunday. City losing is always good, especially to weak mid-table sides. :glasses12:

Post #491283  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
Anyone with a modicum of self awareness viewing these cr*p performances , hearing the booes wouldn't write it off as the voices of ungrateful no nothing disgruntled "little people'

....... and take steps to correct the problem , check the fan sites , ask someone who's opinion you respect .

Jeeez ..my eight year old kids have stood behind me and made suggestions which have been considerably better than what I was doing .

When you think you know it all you are doomed .

I accept that at times an 8yo child might have more sense than you.

At times?

Post #491284  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:16 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

If after the game he announces this is his last season you will have to change your handle to ‘the oracle’. Do you think we will win.

I would have said yes we can win , because we make a habit of producing a reasonable performance after a ton of abject displays .

However Lacazette is injured , we've sold both Sanchez and Giroud , if we rely on Welbeck upfront we are doomed .

Will we use Aubameyang's full potential ...I doubt it .. we just can't do the fast counter attack or the accuracy of the pass he thrives on

They won't want a repeat of the Wigan fiasco .

We'll get slaughtered and I wont be laughing like I was today because I detest Man City for what they stand for .

Post #491285  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 am 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I accept that at times an 8yo child might have more sense than you.

At times?

:icon_mrgreen: I'll have to leave that three week old wildebeest carcass to the vultures and hyenas .

Going to read Robert Ruarks 'Uhuru ' ..... last read it about 1970 .

Post #491286  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 am 

Rich wrote:
Arsenal have completely lost any form of identity during games, I have no idea what the plan is, what are we trying to show as our strengths, what is the plan to win the game.

Past arsenal teams have always had an identity even if they didn’t have success. I look back to the era with Fabregas, nasri, hleb, rosicky, denilson, diary, clichy, vermaelen, eboue etc....at least these guys looked like natural and talented footballers, generally in terms of technique, first touch, passing, movement they were a class above their opponents - there were obviously weaknesses but it was still enjoyable to watch.

I look at maybe half of our first team squad and just think they are just not comfortable with a football at their feet

Your first para is the key. A lot easier to look natural in possession when you've got some idea of what you are trying to achieve or the team shape. Either the coaching has got worse or too many players are cowards

Post #491287  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm 

AC Milan :14laughter:

Their no Ostersund :14laughter:

Post #491288  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
AC Milan :14laughter:

Their no Ostersund :14laughter:

I'm happy with Milan. It will feel like a proper european tie, we will have to play our first 11 and the crowd will be more up for it.

Post #491289  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:23 pm 

http://www.football365.com/news/coqueli ... ve-arsenal

So this is Ox, Theo and now Coq all saying they needed a new challenge as they were in their 'comfort zone'

That's just 3 players who have left, I bet the majority of the rest are in the comfort zone as well. The whole club needs a shake up but none more so than the managers position. He is doing far more harm than good with every passing day. It used to be 2 steps forward 1 back, then it was 2 steps back 2 forward now it is just giant leaps backwards every week

Post #491290  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:27 pm 

With Dortmund out doe that mean that Aubameyang can now play?

Post #491291  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:31 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

You really are a *%^@ etc. etc.

Dortmund aren't out.

Post #491292  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:03 pm 

Daz wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Dortmund aren't out.

Coming from a tossa like you I'll take that as a compliment.

Apologies to the rest of you...............

Post #491293  Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:20 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Daz wrote:

Dortmund aren't out.

Coming from a tossa like you I'll take that as a compliment.

Apologies to the rest of you...............

No it's just I mean if AG had said it I imagine you would have gone in in your own inimitable style...sauce for the goose etc.

[ 491293 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12279, 12280, 12281, 12282, 12283