Fixtures Wednesday April 26th - Leicester City - Emirates Stadium - 7:45 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries            Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Googlebot, warrior and 3 guests

Post #477121  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 pm 

That's it Alexis, show them we can be "dirty" too

Post #477122  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:37 pm 

Sanchez stands on the edge of the pitch to putt off the long throw, Fuchs then throws the ball directly at Sanchez, deliberately. Sanchez gets a yellow card? Is this another new rule for Arsenal players? Can someone tell me why Sanchez isn't allowed to stand a yard in from the touchline on a long throw?

Post #477123  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 pm 

Why must the referee run the length of the pitch to clear the bottles? Get the linesman to do it.

Post #477124  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 pm 

Well....got the job done but piss poor again really after signs of life in the City game.

Post #477125  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 pm 

socrates wrote:
Well....got the job done but piss poor again really.

Agree. Walcott was a waste, clueless when he has the ball.

Post #477126  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 pm 

Rich wrote:
Sanchez stands on the edge of the pitch to putt off the long throw, Fuchs then throws the ball directly at Sanchez, deliberately. Sanchez gets a yellow card? Is this another new rule for Arsenal players? Can someone tell me why Sanchez isn't allowed to stand a yard in from the touchline on a long throw?

Perhaps he got the card for his ridiculous feigning of injury. The bloody ball hit him on the shoulder and he goes down as an afterthought holding his face. Pathetic. Then he spends the next while wiping imaginary blood or something from his mug with his sleeve. F*****g hate that crap.

Post #477127  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 pm 

thofman wrote:
Rich wrote:

Perhaps he got the card for his ridiculous feigning of injury. The bloody ball hit him on the shoulder and he goes down as an aftherthought holding his face. Pathetic. Then he spends the next while wiping imaginary blood or something from his mug with his sleeve. F*****g hate that crap.

I agree I also hate feigning injury but have you ever seen a player yellow carded for feigning injury? Diving yes, but can't remember a player yellow carded for feigning injury.
Why didn't Fuchs get a second yellow card for deliberately throwing the ball at Sanchez? Or are we to believe he genuinely got the trajectory of his throw wrong by 40 odd degrees?

The worst thing in the game was their centre back all but Kung fu kicking Giroud in the back with his studs when going up for a header. Bizarre thing to do

Post #477128  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I will watch with interest. You may recall the Westham issue years ago with Aguero(I think) and they were lucky to avoid relegation. Maybe payback time.

Tevez wasn't it?

Yes thanks for that

Post #477129  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm 

So the glorious double of FA and FP cups is still on... Arsene abú!

Post #477130  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:51 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
socrates wrote:
Well....got the job done but piss poor again really.

Agree. Walcott was a waste, clueless when he has the ball.

It seems pretty pointless to play Walcott against teams that sit deep. Without space to run into he's basically a passenger.

It does my head in when he does get a chance to take on an opponent and instead plays a little two yard pass inside or back to Bellerin.

Post #477131  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:51 pm 

Rich wrote:
thofman wrote:
Perhaps he got the card for his ridiculous feigning of injury. The bloody ball hit him on the shoulder and he goes down as an aftherthought holding his face. Pathetic. Then he spends the next while wiping imaginary blood or something from his mug with his sleeve. F*****g hate that crap.

I agree I also hate feigning injury but have you ever seen a player yellow carded for feigning injury? Diving yes, but can't remember a player yellow carded for feigning injury.
Why didn't Fuchs get a second yellow card for deliberately throwing the ball at Sanchez? Or are we to believe he genuinely got the trajectory of his throw wrong by 40 odd degrees?

The worst thing in the game was their centre back all but Kung fu kicking Giroud in the back with his studs when going up for a header. Bizarre thing to do

You're right but I wish they would start carding for that. It's a blight. And that kick in the back was a red by right.

Post #477132  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 pm 

Didn't see the whole of the game but the last 30 minutes was pretty dire even although we won. Hope Huth is still seething in the dressing room. Can't stand him at all.

As for the ref we should publically ask how the deliberate foot to Girouds back was only a yellow and what action the FA will take against both the ref and player. Time to take a stand against poor refs and do it with clear decisions that go against us.

Mourinho complained all the first part of the season and was fined and suspended but guess what now their players never get punished properly and they get a lot of dodgy decisions and goals because the refs are too scared to make decisions against them.

Post #477133  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 pm 

thofman wrote:
Rich wrote:

You're right but I wish they would start carding for that. It's a blight. And that kick in the back was a red by right.

Too much of a risk for refs to start carding for feigning injury because how do they really know if a player really is injured or not? If he can clearly see no contact with the face and a player rolls around holding then maybe but the player could easily argue his reaction to any contact is to bring his hands to his face and the intention wasn't to pretend he was hit in the face. Bit of a minefield when the ref is guessing what players are thinking.
Also noticed Xhaka getting a nice long lecture from the ref for a nothing challenge - he is totally a marked man by refs. Wanyama should have been sent off for Spurs tonight, he wasn't so he is available for the game v us and keeps Spurs in the title race. It's too easy to say Xhaka would have gone for what wanyama did but it is true

Post #477134  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 pm 

The fact that Wenger selected Walcott again, clearly demonstrates that his decision making process is not good enough for a manager of our club. As for Wellbeck, runs around a a lot but never really threats goal nor can he score the ones he should.

The three W's need to leave the club. WWW OUT

Post #477135  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 pm 

Terrible night for the Arsenal-to-lose brigade. Robbed by an own goal - so unfair. Never mind, your old mates Tottenham may help you out this coming weekend. :laughing7:

Post #477136  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:48 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
The fact that Wenger selected Walcott again, clearly demonstrates that his decision making process is not good enough for a manager of our club. As for Wellbeck, runs around a a lot but never really threats goal nor can he score the ones he should.

The three W's need to leave the club. WWW OUT

There's them that swear Welbeck is as deadly as Lukaku...

Post #477137  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
The fact that Wenger selected Walcott again, clearly demonstrates that his decision making process is not good enough for a manager of our club...
19 goals in 34 appearances so far this season, at a rate just a little less than Sanchez, might be one reason?

[ 477137 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11925, 11926, 11927, 11928, 11929