Fixtures Saturday December 16th - Newcastle United - Emirates Stadium - 3:00 Pm

Kick-Off

        Injuries            Steve Gleiber

** Important - The domain registrar will be changed over to the Australian Web Host in the next 24 hours.
The forum may be unavailable during this time for a brief period **


Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 pm

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Daz, Googlebot, Niall, warrior and 7 guests

 
Post #486881  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 12059

Where are the players in our team who actually dribble at and beat a man with pace and skill?
I’m so bored with the wenger type of player.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486882  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 1139
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

kiwipete wrote:
john1 wrote:
Talking of haemorrhoids, haven't you got a grinder that'll work??


No ...easy seen you are an office wallah , no engineering nous whatsoever .

Probably a piece of split bamboo with a pot mitt wedged in the slot in an electric drill would be pay dividends .


Carnage

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486883  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4459
Location: Townsville Australia

Rich wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
The hangover from the United game is pretty long.

Wenger exacerbates this by talking about it. For a man who is meant to be a deep thinker wenger is doing more harm than good with his psychological assessments.
We are a team that relies so much on being confident but any dent to our confidence seems to take us back to zero and we need a number of games to build any kind of confidence back.

The problem I have with this type of tripe is that it exposes his inconsistencies. If we did play well against Utd ( I think we did) then there would be no hangover.

But in reality what this shows is that having lost a game we should not have lost, the the following results show our mental vulnerabilities.

The last time I saw a team play long square passes across the defence was Brazil 1982 against Italy. We are now f.... doing it regularly.

In his press conference he said if we had played last Saturday instead of Sunday & they had done the opposite the result last night would have been different. If we had played last Saturday he would have been complaining about fatigue after the Bate game. He starting to sound like Trump as he just states things without actually thinking about what he is saying.

Just one for Hoy to complain about. 19 points behind the leader and 18 points in front of the bottom team. We are a mid table team.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486884  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:16 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8215
Location: Fortitude Valley, QLD

If I’m an Arsenal fan I’m sitting there and asking the question “where is the progress over the last few years?” said Ferdinand. ‘Tell me where the progress is with this side because that’s what you look for year in and year out. You look for progression within a football club, within a team [and] I don’t see it. ‘I see players going backwards. I don’t see players improving dramatically under this regime and that is the worrying part for me. ‘And when you look at this Arsenal team and the history of Arsenal, even Arsene Wenger’s early tenure at the club it was about trophies, it was about winning and competing for titles, for leagues. They are not doing that now. They are fighting for one or two positions in the Champions League.

Ferdinand joins the noisy minority.

Big rumours of Özil to United for £300k a week which would be fine with me.

Very disappointing that Hernandez ball didn't cross the line and we'll have to wait until after we convincingly thrash Newcastle with assists from Özil and goals from Sanchez for a return to normal service. Can't see our defence having any problems at all with Salah in the following game...


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486885  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 1139
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

Daz wrote:
If I’m an Arsenal fan I’m sitting there and asking the question “where is the progress over the last few years?” said Ferdinand. ‘Tell me where the progress is with this side because that’s what you look for year in and year out. You look for progression within a football club, within a team [and] I don’t see it. ‘I see players going backwards. I don’t see players improving dramatically under this regime and that is the worrying part for me. ‘And when you look at this Arsenal team and the history of Arsenal, even Arsene Wenger’s early tenure at the club it was about trophies, it was about winning and competing for titles, for leagues. They are not doing that now. They are fighting for one or two positions in the Champions League.

Ferdinand joins the noisy minority.

Big rumours of Özil to United for £300k a week which would be fine with me.

Very disappointing that Hernandez ball didn't cross the line and we'll have to wait until after we convincingly thrash Newcastle with assists from Özil and goals from Sanchez for a return to normal service. Can't see our defence having any problems at all with Salah in the following game...


I've a feeling it's all about to collapse - I think, to use the vernacular, he's lost the dressing room, but it's the players' professional prides (yes I do think they care) is what's keeping things going.

There is no doubt in my mind that a change would be as good as a rest, for both club and Wenger.

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486886  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 1139
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

Hey Warrior - how you doing?

I seem to be double posting, even though I'm sure I'm not pressing submit twice. Any idea why?

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486887  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4459
Location: Townsville Australia

Watched some of the test match today. England well in control & Malan just scored a 100. Only thing to ask from here is can Aust save the test.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486888  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 4085

Gaz from Oz wrote:
The comms were worshipping Wilshire with 34 accurate passes. All 3 yards sideways or back. Penetration absolutely zero. .


Were you watching? That is simply not true. Wilshere was very good and did make many forward passes. Thing is Giroud is not mobile enough to play in a tightly packed defence.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486889  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:52 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8215
Location: Fortitude Valley, QLD

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Watched some of the test match today. England well in control & Malan just scored a 100. Only thing to ask from here is can Aust save the test.


Yes.

It's England.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486890  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8215
Location: Fortitude Valley, QLD

john1 wrote:
I've a feeling it's all about to collapse




 Profile  
 
 
Post #486891  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4459
Location: Townsville Australia

Gunfire wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
The comms were worshipping Wilshire with 34 accurate passes. All 3 yards sideways or back. Penetration absolutely zero. .


Were you watching? That is simply not true. Wilshere was very good and did make many forward passes. Thing is Giroud is not mobile enough to play in a tightly packed defence.

Watched the whole game. Has a lot of possession. Runs at defence & then passes sideways. Does he try to split the defence, the killer pass. No look at the game.

As forGiroud needs crosses & this team fail to provide them . The few times they did Giroud tried. What about when wellbeck was on what did Wilshire & wellbeck create. Mobile forward? What about Lacazette did Wilshire create with him. And all this against west ham - god help us against a good team.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486892  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 1139
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Were you watching? That is simply not true. Wilshere was very good and did make many forward passes. Thing is Giroud is not mobile enough to play in a tightly packed defence.

Watched the whole game. Has a lot of possession. Runs at defence & then passes sideways. Does he try to split the defence, the killer pass. No look at the game.

As forGiroud needs crosses & this team fail to provide them . The few times they did Giroud tried. What about when wellbeck was on what did Wilshire & wellbeck create. Mobile forward? What about Lacazette did Wilshire create with him. And all this against west ham - god help us against a good team.


God help us against any team at the moment

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486893  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 3087
Location: Melbourne

Gaz from Oz wrote:

In his press conference he said if we had played last Saturday instead of Sunday & they had done the opposite the result last night would have been different. If we had played last Saturday he would have been complaining about fatigue after the Bate game. He starting to sound like Trump as he just states things without actually thinking about what he is saying.

Just one for Hoy to complain about. 19 points behind the leader and 18 points in front of the bottom team. We are a mid table team.



Wenger will be sacrificing chickens and waving crystals around if the moon keeps interfering with the team's performance.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #486894  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 16334

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Were you watching? That is simply not true. Wilshere was very good and did make many forward passes. Thing is Giroud is not mobile enough to play in a tightly packed defence.

Watched the whole game. Has a lot of possession. Runs at defence & then passes sideways. Does he try to split the defence, the killer pass. No look at the game.

As forGiroud needs crosses & this team fail to provide them . The few times they did Giroud tried. What about when wellbeck was on what did Wilshire & wellbeck create. Mobile forward? What about Lacazette did Wilshire create with him. And all this against west ham - god help us against a good team.


I tend to agree with Gunny. For me, Wilshere had a good game and was our stand out player. Admittedly, this wasn't too difficult. He tried to make things happen and won a couple of crunching challenges which you don't see too often from our lot. That may be all I have but ...well he was good enough.

All very stale, stale bread though again. Totally boring, frustrating football. Opportunities spurned by wide men (have we actually got a decent wide man anymore?) to put in early, low, dangerous crosses in favour of the cut back and chip to the back post for the heavily marked 5'7 inch Sanchez. I do have some sympathy for the massed defences we constantly face home and away (I bet Southampton were a tad more open against Leicester last night than they were against us) but we don't have the players to play the Wengerball anymore.

_________________
It's a terrible love and I'm walking with spiders.


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 486894 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12169, 12170, 12171, 12172, 12173

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Daz, Googlebot, Niall, warrior and 7 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2016