Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 280 guests

Post #494801  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:59 pm 

We are off to one of our worst starts in the league in years but it doesn't feel like it to me. Yes, its bad but we have been mediocre for several years now.

Post #494802  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:13 pm 

Paulo Sousa.....

Attachments:

Post #494803  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:10 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Absolutely not. Özil should be playing . The second half he was excellent. Finding space putting balls through. Willock is nowhere near good enough to replace him. I also thought Xhaka played quite well.

Ok, I might not have noticed Özil as closely in the second half. But Xhaka was misplacing passes a lot in the second.

Hi g7,

Xhaka has certainly perfected the art of the misplaced crossfield pass that not only goes straight to an opponent but sets them off on a dangerous counter-attack. I have literally lost count of the number of times he has done it since he's been here :laughing7:

Post #494804  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:12 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Absolutely not. Özil should be playing . The second half he was excellent. Finding space putting balls through. Willock is nowhere near good enough to replace him. I also thought Xhaka played quite well.

Ok, I might not have noticed Özil as closely in the second half. But Xhaka was misplacing passes a lot in the second.

Yeh, when he wasn't misplacing passes or ducking out of headers he was quite good.

Post #494805  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:14 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
Replace Özil with Willock. Replace Xhaka with Guendozi. And we will have a more mobile fighting unit. It will also strengthen our defensive play when we lose the ball.

I don't think we can afford to have Özil in our team, Gun. He's a stroller who no longer does enough offensively to offset the defensive issues he brings.

Post #494806  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:25 pm 

socrates wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

I don't think we can afford to have Özil in our team, Gun. He's a stroller who no longer does enough offensively to offset the defensive issues he brings.

Don't agree at all. His vision to pick out a pass and his appreciation of where everyone is is second to none. He was never great defensively even on his best day.l

Post #494807  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:21 pm 

socrates wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Yeh, when he wasn't misplacing passes or ducking out of headers he was quite good.

Be fair to the fella, Soc. It's perfectly understandable for him to duck out of headers. Look what happened to him last night when the ball hit him in the head. He was seeing double (although he didn't seem to see any West Ham players)

Post #494808  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:40 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
socrates wrote:

Don't agree at all. His vision to pick out a pass and his appreciation of where everyone is is second to none. He was never great defensively even on his best day.l

Unfortunately I agree. Özil was terrible in the first half yesterday but would Willock or Guendouzi have played those weighted passes in the final 3rd in the build up to the 2nd and 3rd goals ? I doubt it as they are more about energy. I just don’t think anyone else can offer us the ability to connect our midfield to attack.

It’s as frustrating as hell because he’s going through the motions most of the time but until we sign a more creative midfielder with more incisive passing he has to play because there’s nobody else.

Post #494809  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:22 pm 

One of the more bizarre decisions emery made (and Ljungberg for 2 games) was not to have Pépé as a permanent fixture in the starting 11. He needs time to get up to speed with the league, the tactics and team mates but he’s still miles better than anything else we have and a threat every time he plays.

He was basically in the team up to those two match winning gun free kicks, where you would have thought he’d gain his confidence and be rating to go - then dropped

Post #494810  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:26 pm 

Rich wrote:
One of the more bizarre decisions emery made (and Ljungberg for 2 games) was not to have Pépé as a permanent fixture in the starting 11. He needs time to get up to speed with the league, the tactics and team mates but he’s still miles better than anything else we have and a threat every time he plays.

He was basically in the team up to those two match winning gun free kicks, where you would have thought he’d gain his confidence and be rating to go - then dropped

Yes it’s the worst decision made this season.

He’s pretty much our only creative outlet outside of the strikers with the absence of decent midfielders

Post #494811  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:08 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Was thinking the same. We don't need an ologist we need a Psycho...................................

Was thinking that Peter Storey certainly could have used a shrink ...

Maybe but his two goals against Stoke when we were two down in the 1970 FA Cup Semi Final were priceless. Keeping his cool taking a penalty against the best goalie in the world after Frank's header was handled on the line.....brilliant stuff. Kept the double alive. Nice one Snouty.

Post #494812  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:46 pm 

Like the look of Hwang Hee-Chan from Salzburg. Pace, tricky, direct, runs all day.
6 goals and 7 assists in 14 bundesliga games. Has the profile of versatile quick forward I like.

Post #494813  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:52 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Greeny wrote:
Yeah, I went through the list and thought exactly the same

Not to mention Kiwi himself :laughing7: :laughing7:

:icon_mrgreen: I'd be keen if it was the same bird who was checking Tony Soprano .

Lorraine Bracco

Post #494814  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:10 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Dash. I was hoping to fool you into thinking that I was hip and cool. :1laughter:

Arriving at club on the mobilty scooter clutching the "Rex Hartwig" wooden racquet , coughing up the false teeth on court ..... probably goes a long way to destroying that image

Post #494815  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:13 pm 

Nketiah on the bench again for Leeds tonight. We need to recall him and send him to a club that are going to start him every week

Post #494816  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
What concerns me is the 60 minutes of dross. We do that against better teams then we will pay. When I see a committed and flowing team effort I will celebrate

True .... but life is a confidence thing .

Maybe it's a blessing the first chance fell to Martinelli ... he not being infected by the first teams multiple diasasters of late and that released the shackles of doubt .

Unless we go on a giant unbeaten run I'd be disappointed if Fred was appointed full time .

I find he is a bit too " tra la la la saccharine Gooey " if you get my drift ...

I like managers to be a bit more down to earth with a slight abrasive edge .

Post #494817  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:07 pm 

Rich wrote:
Nketiah on the bench again for Leeds tonight. We need to recall him and send him to a club that are going to start him every week

It is frustrating

What’s even more crazy is the amount of goals he’s scored coming off the bench and yet they still haven’t bothered starting him for a full 90

We should drag him out of there

Post #494818  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:15 pm 

Looks like there will be some good teams dropping in to the Europa, Dortmund, benfica, Ajax- but none of the really big sides.

Man U will be our biggest competition in the Europa i think, hopefully by the time the knock out rounds come (and assuming we don’t lose 5-0 on Thursday) we’ll have improved our form.

Post #494819  Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:38 pm 

Napoli sack Ancelotti despite Champions League progress

Arsenal want to speak to former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti over vacant manager's job after his Napoli sacking with Everton also interested in Italian

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... s-job.html

Post #494820  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:17 am 

warrior wrote:

Arsenal want to speak to former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti over vacant manager's job after his Napoli sacking with Everton also interested in Italian

That's another possibility added to the numerous hopefulls. Maybe Pellegrini will join them shortly. What an Xmas shopping list for Arsenal, Everton, MU to have.
:1laughter:

Post #494821  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:03 am 

warrior wrote:

Heard lots of people say he’s fallen out with his most recent teams, Bayern players hated his training- very old fashioned. Lots saying he’s basically the same as wenger, good man manager but doesn’t do a whole lot on the training pitch or with tactics.
He’d certainly have the presence and respect we need but if it was him I’d prefer it on an interim basis to the end of the season only, or just go for a young, energetic, innovative coach who has a clear way of playing attacking football and most crucially a clear way of improving players and the team unit on the training pitch

Post #494822  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:16 am 

Can't see Ancelotti coming in as caretaker basically. Either we way wait for the best choice (and it seems like Rodgers) or go with the best choice at the time. I'll take the former.

Post #494823  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:48 am 

warrior wrote:

:8angers:

I've just gone all flamboyant and invested in Spark Sport .... they have all Premier league games ... $20 a month ...My God I didn't realise it was THAT cheap .
You can watch all the replays so I think I'll watch the Manchester Derby .... and here's why I'm adding it to this post

..... on comes Pep Guardiola ...decent but fractured English then Ole Gunnar ...great but accented English ...we have Ljungberg the same , Emery f***** awful , Wenger gobble de gook accented , Mourihno at Tottenham , Pochettino before him , Klopp at Liverpool , Benetez at Newcastle , Nuno at Wolves .....

It's the ENGLISH Premier League .... FFS ...... and yet it seems every club has to have a Spaniard , Italian , French , German dickstop at the helm

..... what ever happened to the Cloughs , Nicholsons ,Mees , Mercers , Chapmans , Sextons , Saunders , Robsons of this world

Post #494824  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 am 

kiwipete wrote:
warrior wrote:

I've just gone all flamboyant and invested in Spark Sport .... they have all Premier league games ... $20 a month ...My God I didn't realise it was THAT cheap .
You can watch all the replays so I think I'll watch the Manchester Derby .... and here's why I'm adding it to this post

..... on comes Pep Guardiola ...decent but fractured English then Ole Gunnar ...great but accented English ...we have Ljungberg the same , Emery f***** awful , Wenger gobble de gook accented , Mourihno at Tottenham , Pochettino before him , Klopp at Liverpool , Benetez at Newcastle , Nuno at Wolves .....

It's the ENGLISH Premier League .... FFS ...... and yet it seems every club has to have a Spaniard , Italian , French , German dickstop at the helm

..... what ever happened to the Cloughs , Nicholsons ,Mees , Mercers , Chapmans , Sextons , Saunders , Robsons of this world

They died :blob9:

Post #494825  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:39 am 

grantyboy wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

and there's times when I look around this forum and muse ...... I wonder what sort of misguided &&&^^%% upbringing some of these posters had

This little nemotode in particular .....I often ask myself where did I go wrong

........ very good Granty :53big-emoticons: :laughing7: maybe I should have included Harry Redknapp
he looks near death but should be still with us .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU

Post #494826  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:52 am 

kiwipete wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

There are times in life as a parent ...you chill out ...early evening ; blackbirds warbling their twilight tunes , large rum and coke in hand and reflect "where did I go wrong "

this is one of those ocassions

........ very good Granty :53big-emoticons: :laughing7: maybe I should have included Harry Redknapp
he looks near death most of the time but I guess he's still with us .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU

Post #494827  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:07 pm 

[quote="kiwipete"] being the drinker I am .... got to thinking which footballing personality would I prefer to have waffle and a tipple .with

1 George Graham 2 Roy Keane 3 Alex Ferguson 4 Harry Redknapp 5 Big Sam 6 Paul Merson 7 Frank Mc Lintock

Post #494828  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:08 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Post #494829  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:11 pm 

[quote="kiwipete"][quote="grantyboy"][quote="kiwipete"]

Post #494830  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:13 pm 

Oh for Christ sake ... Rog ...earn you big $$$ we pay you and delete all that cr***p that I am trying to delete

Post #494831  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm 

Rich wrote:

I wish he'd gone to my local club Charlton instead. He'd play every week there. And score a hatful I'm sure. Maybe in January. They need all the help they can get.

Post #494832  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
double post

More like double rum.

Post #494833  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:26 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Oh for Christ sake ... Rog ...earn you big $$$ we pay you and delete all that cr***p that I am trying to delete

:42laughter: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #494834  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:27 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

There are times in life as a parent ...you chill out ...early evening ; blackbirds warbling their twilight tunes , large rum and coke in hand

A couple under the belt as well?

Post #494835  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:10 pm 

kiwipete wrote:

I dunno which is which !

Post #494836  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:51 pm 

warrior wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

I dunno which is which !

:14laughter:

Post #494837  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:20 pm 

kiwipete wrote:

Yeah. Old people really struggle with this new fangled computer stuff. :12hello-bye:

Post #494838  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:29 pm 

What should be our revised (and reasonable) goals as of now for the rest of the season, both on and off the pitch?

Post #494839  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 pm 

Very interesting. A good friend of mine is a senior nursing sister at Leeds Hospital — she says that Matt Hancock had to go to A&E because he *%^@ his pants

Post #494840  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Yeah. Old people really struggle with this new fangled computer stuff. :12hello-bye:

:laughing7: I guess I had that coming

[ 559787 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12368, 12369, 12370, 12371, 12372, 12373, 12374 ... 13995  Next