Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Bing [Bot] and 57 guests

Post #324201  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:02 am 

tomc wrote:
DHD wrote:
Oddly, though we're playing like drains and levels of discontent are sky high again, all our recent fixtures have sold out well in advance of the match day, including - amazingly - the Europa Cup games.

DHD I'm going to the Europa match next Thursday. It think the attraction of those fixtures is seeing Martinelli in action.

It’s simply more fun. We play expansive football in those games with more freedom and it’s refreshing to watch young players doing their best.

Post #324202  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:03 am 

Darren wrote:
I'll be very surprised if we get anything other than the usual dross tomorrow. If we fail to beat Soton, Emery shouldn't leave the ground as Arsenal manager.

Darren he shouldn't leave the ground as Arsenal manager even if we win. 3 points at home against the team in 19th place, if it happens? Seriously how can Raul/Edu not see that Emery is not up to it. Whatever you think of Levy's decision to tank Poch at least he MADE the decision.

Post #324203  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:19 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
tomc wrote:
DHD I'm going to the Europa match next Thursday. It think the attraction of those fixtures is seeing Martinelli in action.

It’s simply more fun. We play expansive football in those games with more freedom and it’s refreshing to watch young players doing their best.

Agree about Martinelli, tom - and on the point of playing more attractive football, TG.

It's going to be a bit odd on Thursday. No tickets have been sold to the Germans for some offence they've committed, so the away section will be empty. However as we all know, they're a resourceful lot so there'll be no sales to Red members either. Anyone identified as a Frankfurt supporter will be denied entry or ejected and any Arser who sells tickets to them will have their membership cancelled.

Could be lively if they score.

Post #324204  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:37 am 

DHD wrote:
Darren wrote:
I also think he is working with a more talented squad than he had at Utd.

Not sure about that Darren. There are major structural problems with that Totts' squad - not the least being that three of their first choice back four are running down their contracts, as is their major creative talent.

Apparently part of his sales pitch to Levy was that he's been working on a new system of play with the French crowd for a number of months, Levy has bought into it. The 'structural problems' at Totts is the contract they gave to Kane, seems a lot of noses were put out of joint that they bust the wage cap for Kane and nobody else, hence the exodus.

Post #324205  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:50 am 

Parkerknoll Gooner wrote:
DHD wrote:

Not sure about that Darren. There are major structural problems with that Totts' squad - not the least being that three of their first choice back four are running down their contracts, as is their major creative talent.

Apparently part of his sales pitch to Levy was that he's been working on a new system of play with the French crowd for a number of months, Levy has bought into it. The 'structural problems' at Totts is the contract they gave to Kane, seems a lot of noses were put out of joint that they bust the wage cap for Kane and nobody else, hence the exodus.

There have certainly been rumours about Kane getting a massive pay hike that's created an enormous disparity between his contract and everyone else's. They've always been low payers and clearly, they're not prepared to raise the rest of the squad's salaries, hence the exodus. I can't see them resolving the impasse by throwing money at the problem - just not what they do.

What do you mean by "the French crowd" PG? Sounds intriguing.

Post #324206  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:04 pm 

DHD wrote:

There have certainly been rumours about Kane getting a massive pay hike that's created an enormous disparity between his contract and everyone else's. They've always been low payers and clearly, they're not prepared to raise the rest of the squad's salaries, hence the exodus. I can't see them resolving the impasse by throwing money at the problem - just not what they do.

The guys at Lille, he's been working with them for some time apparently.

Post #324207  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:49 pm 

For a time I actually felt pity for Mourinho which I thought I wasn't capable of. A lot of the swagger has gone. He knows he talked too much trash. No manager stays on top forever. Ferguson had a down pariod in 2004 and 2005. And had to fight harder than ever to get the titles he did after that with Chelsea and then City getting money.

Post #324208  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:01 pm 

DHD wrote:

The guys at Lille, he's been working with them for some time apparently.

Seems he's just poached 2 Lille coaches for his backroom staff. It'll be interesting to see what new system they've evolved.

Post #324209  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:25 pm 

I'm not worried about Mourinho at all. They might get a short term boost and they have a few easy fixtures to start with, but I don't see him taking them beyond the levels they achieved with Pochettino. The main reason for that is quite simply that I think Pochettino did a superb job and I can't see Mourinho surpassing that without some huge investment.

Post #324210  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:50 pm 

Im angry at myself because I actually wish Jose well right now. I'm sure (or hoping) it will change by their kick off against West Ham. But I must be softening with age. May even one be tempted to go to the 'User Control Panel' on here and .... :42laughter:

Post #324211  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:44 pm 

I recall asking who would get the boot first: Poch, Emery or OGS.
Now, between OGS and Emery, I'm going to go with OGS. He's in over his head.

Post #324212  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:56 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Im angry at myself because I actually wish Jose well right now. I'm sure (or hoping) it will change by their kick off against West Ham. But I must be softening with age. May even one be tempted to go to the 'User Control Panel' on here and .... :42laughter:

Good idea - block yourself and spare yourself from having to read your own b%*&s%*^.

Post #324213  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Good idea - block yourself and spare yourself from having to read your own b%*&s%*^.

:laughing7:

Post #324214  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:55 am 

https://arseblog.news/2019/11/emery-tor ... t-improve/

He must improve in a position he has not been picked in. Ok sure yeah coolcoolcool.

It's honestly mental. "Yeah he's got defensive attributes but I don't need any of those."

Does explain a lot. Just attack no defend. Bet he pulls up his pants before he wipes his arse too.

Post #324215  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:25 am 

Ash wrote:
https://arseblog.news/2019/11/emery-torreira-has-arsenal-future-but-he-must-improve/

He must improve in a position he has not been picked in. Ok sure yeah coolcoolcool.

It's honestly mental. "Yeah he's got defensive attributes but I don't need any of those."

Does explain a lot. Just attack no defend. Bet he pulls up his pants before he wipes his arse too.

And all these talk from a man who believes Xhaka is the man to do it for us. Idiot! Just get lost Emery!

Post #324216  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:41 am 

Decaf wrote:

Getting back to the point: which reasonably reputable outlet manages to put a positive spin on Putin?

The Duran .... far and away the best , most informed unbiased news outfit on the planet .

Post #324217  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:55 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
f**** things up royally .
That phrase has a bit more meaning these days! Anyway, play this nice and loud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mQ1ojc9PQ

:53big-emoticons: very good Old Man ... I remember that tune from when was it without googling mid 70s
thought it was OK but wasn't really over enamoured with it ...... but that version is primo ..... tons of grunt ... more ZZ Topish .

Have this in return https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIE28q3fEA heard it on a blues CD I got at the Op Shop last week had a bit more grunt sounded like the Mark Keys " Last Night "

Post #324218  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:58 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #324219  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:19 am 

Ash wrote:
https://arseblog.news/2019/11/emery-torreira-has-arsenal-future-but-he-must-improve/

That’s 2 bad media interviews from the UK this week. In the other the Queen thought her own son was talking bollocks and sacked him. Maybe they should do the same to Emery.

Post #324220  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:59 am 

Riley acknowledges 4 VAR mistakes including Sokratis goal against Palace.

Fall on your sword you useless ****.

Post #324221  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:57 am 

Ash wrote:

Emery is our Moyes with the added bonus of falling out with his players. He's disastrous.

Post #324222  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:21 am 

It feels like these managers that play high press, high intensity, running miles and miles football can only keep that up with the same set of players for a limited time. Players just can’t keep up that intensity seasonafter season. Either the manager moves on or you turn over the playing squad much more regularly.....or the manager changes tact
Even Liverpool aren’t playing anywhere near the intensity they did last season.

I’d love to experience a few seasons of that type of football though. At times, Liverpool, city and spurs have all adopted this high intensity football and it can swamp and blow away the opposition. And it is great to watch

Post #324223  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:18 pm 

Back 3 again. Tierney and Bellerin wing backs.

Post #324224  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:09 pm 

Oh my.

Post #324225  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:10 pm 

Well well well. Asleep at the switch again ...

Post #324226  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:12 pm 

gormless

Post #324227  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:13 pm 

Garbage defending.

Post #324228  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:21 pm 

Ahhh that's better. Lacazette. 1 - 1

Post #324229  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:27 pm 

Both Arsenal and Lacazette needed that goal badly, but we are looking like we an away team instead of a home team. Dominated on our own grounds.

Post #324230  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:39 pm 

The pace of the full backs and such doesn't allow Tierney to run around them as he could in the SPL. He has develop a new bag of tricks of beating his man.

Post #324231  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:56 pm 

Bellerin Miles off the pace. Sokratis uncomfortable when out towards the left and has nearly cost us more than once. Lacazette good goal but trying a bit too hard not a lot coming off for him, yellow indicative of that. Tierney class player on the pitch, drop of the shoulder and he's gone. Most everything else just OK. Özil some nice touches and if he stays further up and links the play him to Aubameyang could win this, but he's mostly dicking about in a deep lying midfield position. We can't seem to create much and a second yellow for someone seems more likely than a goal right now. Aren't I Mr. Optimistic.

Post #324232  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:00 pm 

Arsenalia wrote:
SD but reliable and ad free

I'm watching a version that is quality free .

Playing the strange combo of Chambers and Bellerin against the second to bottom club at home while leaving our most expensive forward on the bench ....?

Post #324233  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:01 pm 

Ash wrote:
Bellerin Miles off the pace. Sokratis uncomfortable when out towards the left and has nearly cost us more than once. Lacazette good goal but trying a bit too hard not a lot coming off for him, yellow indicative of that. Tierney class player on the pitch, drop of the shoulder and he's gone. Most everything else just OK. Özil some nice touches and if he stays further up and links the play him to Aubameyang could win this, but he's mostly dicking about in a deep lying midfield position. We can't seem to create much and a second yellow for someone seems more likely than a goal right now. Aren't I Mr. Optimistic.

Fairly accurate though, and agree on Bellerin.

Post #324234  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:03 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Arsenalia wrote:
SD but reliable and ad free

I'm watching a version that is quality free .

Playing the strange combo of Chambers and Bellerin against the second to bottom club at home while leaving our most expensive forward on the bench ....?

Agree, we should be playing a back 4. Take Bellerin or one of the centre backs off and get Pépé on.

Post #324235  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:04 pm 

The harsh reality is that we just aren't a very good side. Even mediocre teams cause us all sorts of problems and our attacking play is fairly limited in comparison to the top teams.

We are not finishing top four unless something major changes.

Post #324236  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:06 pm 

Pépé coming on, Chambers off.

Post #324237  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:06 pm 

socrates wrote:
The harsh reality is that we just aren't a very good side. Even mediocre teams cause us all sorts of problems and our attacking play is fairly limited in comparison to the top teams.

We are not finishing top four unless something major changes.

This is true. We look more like a team that will be fighting to finish top half, than one fighting to finish top 4.

Post #324238  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:07 pm 

Arsenalia wrote:

Emery clearly reading the forum.

Post #324239  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:09 pm 

Arsenalia wrote:

Nice one. Thanks A

Post #324240  Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:10 pm 

Arsenalia wrote:

Thank goodness.

[ 390303 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8103, 8104, 8105, 8106, 8107, 8108, 8109 ... 9758  Next