Fixtures Saturday November 23rd - Southampton - Emirates Stadium - 3:00 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:21 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: warrior and 1 guest

 
Post #509961  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18213

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
So spurs have lost to Newcastle who we beat.

The only way forward for them now is to sack their manager for not getting more out of the players, sack Kane, sack Ericsson, sack levy, get rid of that new ground because there’s no alternative approach that works right.

Keep moaning about yesterday lads :laughing7:

Yesterday's performance was shite, Top Gun. Absolute shite. We are not Burnley, Watford or Brighton. We are Arsenal. We parked the bus to an embarrassing extent. Nobody was suggesting that we should go all out gung-ho attack. But a team can try to compete with a defensive emphasis. Liverpool have arguably the best fullback pairing in world football. Our tactic was to give them all the time and space they wanted while putting no pressure whatsoever on their midfield. Playing oit from the back to an absurd extent against one of the two best teams in world football at pressing high. If we take that approach in our away games against the rest of the top 6 we will be lucky to get anything. Hopefully, we will see a very different performance next weekend.


Hi Dec,

Exactly as I saw it.

My reservations about Emery go back beyond the abysmal run-in last season. Too many strange team selections and tactics. Plus I haven't got a clue what he says in his interviews. :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509962  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18213

Ash wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Compare the criticism Mustafi gets to others who make as many mistakes as him, and at at this point a much higher rate. When people start being fair towards Mustafi, I’ll stop mentioning him. It’s easy.


Or the alternative, you like him because he’s German and his mistakes were actually that bad, that frequent, for that long, for 30 million odd quid.

Potato potato.


No, I'm not having that, Ash, nationality has no bearing on this. Mertesacker is german and Bernard readily admitted he was shite. :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509963  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18213

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:
Yesterday's performance was shite, Top Gun. Absolute shite. We are not Burnley, Watford or Brighton. We are Arsenal. We parked the bus to an embarrassing extent. Nobody was suggesting that we should go all out gung-ho attack. But a team can try to compete with a defensive emphasis. Liverpool have arguably the best fullback pairing in world football. Our tactic was to give them all the time and space they wanted while putting no pressure whatsoever on their midfield. Playing oit from the back to an absurd extent against one of the two best teams in world football at pressing high. If we take that approach in our away games against the rest of the top 6 we will be lucky to get anything. Hopefully, we will see a very different performance next weekend.


Let’s completely forget about Man. City and Liverpool.
The league that we are in consists of Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Man.Utd.
We can do it but if the ignorant among our fans keep criticising our boys it will be much more difficult.

We did our best againest Liverpool but our defenders that played simply were not good enough and cost us the game. Individual errors that were not the managers fault.


Both Dec and Kiwi are right, TG, it was an awfully negative approach encompassing an ill-conceived diamond formation against a team who are rampant down both flanks, with two of the best fullbacks and wide forwards in the business.

Anyway, I off to the pub later with my new pool cue, picking up my Jim Davidson tickets on the way. :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509964  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14032
Location: Stockholm

socrates wrote:
Plus I haven't got a clue what he says in his interviews. :laughing7:

To be fair, socrates, you can't completely exclude the possibility that he's making a brilliant analytical point.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509965  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18213

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:
Plus I haven't got a clue what he says in his interviews. :laughing7:

To be fair, socrates, you can't completely exclude the possibility that he's making a brilliant analytical point.


:laughing7:

That is very true, Haz. Maybe they should put up subtitles.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509966  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:52 pm
Posts: 17847

socrates wrote:
...Maybe they should put up subtitles.
No need - everybody knows we are sub-title.

_________________
"Young and caught up in life, we seldom watched the skies.”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509967  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11245

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Let’s completely forget about Man. City and Liverpool.
The league that we are in consists of Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Man.Utd.
We can do it but if the ignorant among our fans keep criticising our boys it will be much more difficult.

We did our best againest Liverpool but our defenders that played simply were not good enough and cost us the game. Individual errors that were not the managers fault.


Both Dec and Kiwi are right, TG, it was an awfully negative approach encompassing an ill-conceived diamond formation against a team who are rampant down both flanks, with two of the best fullbacks and wide forwards in the business.

Anyway, I off to the pub later with my new pool cue, picking up my Jim Davidson tickets on the way. :laughing7:


As gunnerblog wrote this morning. We were done by errors rather than strategy

If we played Bayern in the same formation people wouldn’t be moaning about the formation. They are just better than us.

Did spurs play the wrong formation againest Newcastle ? Sometimes you simply don’t win and you have to hold your hands up. If he can beat spurs he’s 3 in 4 and many will have egg on their faces.

3rd, ..... we just need 3rd. Everyone knows we can’t win a title yet


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509968  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 5641
Location: Townsville Australia

I understand a Ben Stokes may have been driving this car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdMJzkI ... x=125&t=0s

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509969  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:13 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 4821
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

old man of hoy wrote:
socrates wrote:
...Maybe they should put up subtitles.
No need - everybody knows we are sub-title.

Image


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509970  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 3500
Location: Melbourne

TOP GUN wrote:
Gary Neville on Arsenal's performance today: "It’s the manner of the performance sometimes with Arsenal in the past we’ve been critical of. I’ve not seen that today, they are still going, they’ve not left anything in the changing room, it’s all out there on the pitch."

Meanwhile arsenal fans committing mass suicide and demanding the managers head


Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true. Very few are calling off his head yet. But if Emery doesn't figure out a way to get some defensive organization in this team with the players that he has then he is simply not a good manager. Norwich didn't gift 3 goals. Southhampton didn't ship 3 goals. And before you crap on about individual errors those teams also didn't hire David Luiz who is a known disaster zone. Not did they try and play out from the back against the worst possible team to try it against.

Emery stuck to a way of playing that was guaranteed to be a stupid idea against Liverpool and the mug did it anyway. That is as moronic as Wenger at his worst


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509971  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 3500
Location: Melbourne

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

Both Dec and Kiwi are right, TG, it was an awfully negative approach encompassing an ill-conceived diamond formation against a team who are rampant down both flanks, with two of the best fullbacks and wide forwards in the business.

Anyway, I off to the pub later with my new pool cue, picking up my Jim Davidson tickets on the way. :laughing7:


As gunnerblog wrote this morning. We were done by errors rather than strategy

If we played Bayern in the same formation people wouldn’t be moaning about the formation. They are just better than us.

Did spurs play the wrong formation againest Newcastle ? Sometimes you simply don’t win and you have to hold your hands up. If he can beat spurs he’s 3 in 4 and many will have egg on their faces.

3rd, ..... we just need 3rd. Everyone knows we can’t win a title yet


Is that what you thought when Bayern beat us 10-2 on aggregate with Wenger in charge? "Oh well they're just 8 goals better than us anyway". Give me a break.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509972  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 3500
Location: Melbourne

TOP GUN wrote:
Another quote from Former Liverpool left back Alan Kennedy

"#Arsenal have great players, they are just bedding in at the minute. The more they work together, the better they will be. I think they are going to do better than people expected this season."



Arsenal fans after first defeat in 3: sack the entire management team !



Of course, the first valuable opinion I always turn to is Alan Kennedy rather that watching what I saw in the match.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509973  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11245

grantyboy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

As gunnerblog wrote this morning. We were done by errors rather than strategy

If we played Bayern in the same formation people wouldn’t be moaning about the formation. They are just better than us.

Did spurs play the wrong formation againest Newcastle ? Sometimes you simply don’t win and you have to hold your hands up. If he can beat spurs he’s 3 in 4 and many will have egg on their faces.

3rd, ..... we just need 3rd. Everyone knows we can’t win a title yet


Is that what you thought when Bayern beat us 10-2 on aggregate with Wenger in charge? "Oh well they're just 8 goals better than us anyway". Give me a break.


Were third in the league.

The 2 teams above us are miles better than us. So why are our fans moaning ? No matter the set up Liverpool beat us with that makeshift defence.

It looks like spurs are flogging Ericsson for next to nothing which is a massive blow for them. 3rd or 4th is absolutely on !

So why not just enjoy the ride and accept the fact it’s likely we will get stuffed by city and scousers until we strengthen further but 3rd or 4th would be absolutely massive for the club.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509974  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11245

grantyboy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Another quote from Former Liverpool left back Alan Kennedy

"#Arsenal have great players, they are just bedding in at the minute. The more they work together, the better they will be. I think they are going to do better than people expected this season."



Arsenal fans after first defeat in 3: sack the entire management team !



Of course, the first valuable opinion I always turn to is Alan Kennedy rather that watching what I saw in the match.


Well everyone from Neville to the blinking guardian said exactly the same thing. Impressive performance by Liverpool but a far more assured showing from Arsenal than in a long while.

Our fans are the only ones behaving like baby’s and criticising


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509975  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 3500
Location: Melbourne

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:


Of course, the first valuable opinion I always turn to is Alan Kennedy rather that watching what I saw in the match.


Well everyone from Neville to the blinking guardian said exactly the same thing. Impressive performance by Liverpool but a far more assured showing from Arsenal than in a long while.

Our fans are the only ones behaving like baby’s and criticising


Is that so?

https://talksport.com/football/592686/u ... p-tactics/


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509976  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11245

grantyboy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Well everyone from Neville to the blinking guardian said exactly the same thing. Impressive performance by Liverpool but a far more assured showing from Arsenal than in a long while.

Our fans are the only ones behaving like baby’s and criticising


Is that so?

https://talksport.com/football/592686/u ... p-tactics/


Hahahahahaba

Talksport you must be *%^@*** kidding right ?

I won’t even bother reading it. Which pissed up ex player did they get to write the clickbait. Brazil?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509977  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 3500
Location: Melbourne

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Is that what you thought when Bayern beat us 10-2 on aggregate with Wenger in charge? "Oh well they're just 8 goals better than us anyway". Give me a break.


Were third in the league.

The 2 teams above us are miles better than us. So why are our fans moaning ? No matter the set up Liverpool beat us with that makeshift defence.

It looks like spurs are flogging Ericsson for next to nothing which is a massive blow for them. 3rd or 4th is absolutely on !

So why not just enjoy the ride and accept the fact it’s likely we will get stuffed by city and scousers until we strengthen further but 3rd or 4th would be absolutely massive for the club.


Who said they thought we would beat Liverpool? Or Man City? Most that I've seen are merely complaint about obvious and repeated mistakes like playing it out from the back or total lack of defensive discipline. After putting up with diabolical levels of delusion under Wenger, why should Emery or any player for this team be given a free pass when the same patterns are emerging. Like I've said a few times already, he has until Christmas to show that he knows what he is doing and to improve what is happening on the pitch. Anything else is smoke, mirrors and a load of old cobblers.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509978  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 3500
Location: Melbourne

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:


Hahahahahaba

Talksport you must be *%^@*** kidding right ?

I won’t even bother reading it. Which pissed up ex player did they get to write the clickbait. Brazil?


So it's the "I won't try to dispute the facts but attack the source routine". Is Brexit part of your next campaign?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509979  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11245

grantyboy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Hahahahahaba

Talksport you must be *%^@*** kidding right ?

I won’t even bother reading it. Which pissed up ex player did they get to write the clickbait. Brazil?


So it's the "I won't try to dispute the facts but attack the source routine". Is Brexit part of your next campaign?


Actually I’d wage a little bet many of the people criticising Emery are brexity themselves. It seems very “i want my cake n all”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509980  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 28174

We really should do no worse than a draw on Sunday but a win would be a huge boost for morale.

_________________
"Satire is meant to ridicule power. Ridiculing people arbitrarily isn't satire, its bullying" - Pratchett


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509981  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 4821
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

Image


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509982  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7398

socrates wrote:
No, I'm not having that, Ash, nationality has no bearing on this. Mertesacker is german and Bernard readily admitted he was shite. :laughing7:

I bet we’d be a damn site better off defensively if Mertesacker was still playing.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509983  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8333
Location: Singapore

Emery will make this team come good soon. I trust he will. Just fix that playing out from the back strategy.

_________________
Come on Emery, wake up your thinking!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509984  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 11703
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

grantyboy wrote:


Of course, the first valuable opinion I always turn to is Alan Kennedy rather that watching what I saw in the match.

Peer out of your window ........ right at this moment ; little Scotty Boy is passing overhead winging his way back home ...the ten days passed in a nano second . :1cry:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509985  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18213

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:
No, I'm not having that, Ash, nationality has no bearing on this. Mertesacker is german and Bernard readily admitted he was shite. :laughing7:

I bet we’d be a damn site better off defensively if Mertesacker was still playing.


You're not wrong Bernard.

I said the same a few weeks ago.

With VAR now in operation playing Sokratis and Luis as CBs looks like the equivalent of playing dumb and dumber :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509986  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 4376

Very sad for the fans of Bury https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49486208

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509987  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7398

Gunfire wrote:
Very sad for the fans of Bury https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49486208

Has it gone the wrong way for Bury then? If so, very sad. How about Bolton? A bigger club with lots more fans that I’ve been away to lots of times (and seen us lose at). They’re not comparable to Utd or City but they have a significantly sized fan base. Did they survive if Bury didn’t? Sorry, I did try to google the answer but didn’t find It.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509988  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 13003

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:
No, I'm not having that, Ash, nationality has no bearing on this. Mertesacker is german and Bernard readily admitted he was shite. :laughing7:

I bet we’d be a damn site better off defensively if Mertesacker was still playing.

I think Mertesacker and Koscielny complemented each other very well. I think Kos was the better player of the two but together they were better than any other combination at the time. I also think Mertesacker's 2017 cup final performance was outstanding in the context of him not having played all season.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509989  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 4376

Bernard wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
Very sad for the fans of Bury https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49486208

Has it gone the wrong way for Bury then? If so, very sad. How about Bolton? A bigger club with lots more fans that I’ve been away to lots of times (and seen us lose at). They’re not comparable to Utd or City but they have a significantly sized fan base. Did they survive if Bury didn’t? Sorry, I did try to google the answer but didn’t find It.

Have heard very little about Bolton. I feel a bit more sorry for Bury because Ialways feel more for fans of smaller clubs. I feel they are emotionally invested.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509990  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11245

*%^@ Bolton, I hope their ground gets turned into a massive cash n carry or the worlds largest Kentucky chicken

Kicked us all over the park in 93 at the request of sir Alex, we had 3 players taken off injured and cost us the title.

*%^@ them, I hope they go under will saviour every last tear from their fans


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509991  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13002

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
So spurs have lost to Newcastle who we beat.

The only way forward for them now is to sack their manager for not getting more out of the players, sack Kane, sack Ericsson, sack levy, get rid of that new ground because there’s no alternative approach that works right.

Keep moaning about yesterday lads :laughing7:

Yesterday's performance was shite, Top Gun. Absolute shite. We are not Burnley, Watford or Brighton. We are Arsenal. We parked the bus to an embarrassing extent. Nobody was suggesting that we should go all out gung-ho attack. But a team can try to compete with a defensive emphasis. Liverpool have arguably the best fullback pairing in world football. Our tactic was to give them all the time and space they wanted while putting no pressure whatsoever on their midfield. Playing oit from the back to an absurd extent against one of the two best teams in world football at pressing high. If we take that approach in our away games against the rest of the top 6 we will be lucky to get anything. Hopefully, we will see a very different performance next weekend.

Certainly ... nevertheless, I do hope Spurs take Top Gun's advice.

They need to cease their futile and irritating attempt to be a really good team. It would be better all round if they knew their proper place and reverted to their normal mediocrity. It must be a great strain for them keeping up such an unnaturally elevated position, and it certainly is very unpleasant for everyone else.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509992  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13002

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I bet we’d be a damn site better off defensively if Mertesacker was still playing.


You're not wrong Bernard.

I said the same a few weeks ago.

With VAR now in operation playing Sokratis and Luis as CBs looks like the equivalent of playing dumb and dumber :laughing7:

:laughing7: :laughing7: Comedy gold.

We are blessed. I mean Luis is a one man show and doesn't need a straight man next to him to show off his range of talented mind-implosions and cock-ups...

Nevertheless, Sokratis there to play Bud Abbott to Luiz's Costello is a real treat. Crumbs ... on a good day with Leno weighing in it will beat the three stooges.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509993  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13002

TOP GUN wrote:
Klopp in programme: “I think this current Arsenal team might just be the best yet [that I’ve faced], in terms of quality, and for that reason I think today pitches two of Europe’s best against each other. I think there is zero doubt Arsenal will be even stronger this season."

"They have recruited amazing talent this season... It's a complete nonsense if you don't view this Arsenal, with this manager, as being one of the best teams in the country."


Arsenal fans : *%^@ off back Basque Country Emery

Klopp was obviously taking the piss, Top Gun. I imagine him roaring with laughter when writing that.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509994  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13002

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:


Of course, the first valuable opinion I always turn to is Alan Kennedy rather that watching what I saw in the match.


Well everyone from Neville to the blinking guardian said exactly the same thing. Impressive performance by Liverpool but a far more assured showing from Arsenal than in a long while.

Our fans are the only ones behaving like baby’s and criticising

Yes we are criticising ... and while we in critique mode, we'd like to point out
a) usually babies are not known for criticising. Squawking yes, but forming cogent critique, no. e.
b) it is 'babies', not 'baby's'. "Out, vile apostrophe!"

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509995  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 4545
Location: SE9

TOP GUN wrote:
*%^@ Bolton, I hope their ground gets turned into a massive cash n carry or the worlds largest Kentucky chicken

Kicked us all over the park in 93 at the request of sir Alex, we had 3 players taken off injured and cost us the title.

*%^@ them, I hope they go under will saviour every last tear from their fans

Maybe you're having a bad day Top Gun, but I completely disagree with you here. A football club formed in 1874, founder members of the football league in 1888, a club with a long and rich history. It would be a great shame to see them go under.
Good luck to the club and their supporters in finding a solution to their current predicament.
Also very sad to hear another famous old club and past FA cup winners Bury have been expelled from the League.
With the obscene amounts of money flying around the top echelons of the game it is deeply depressing.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509996  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11245

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
*%^@ Bolton, I hope their ground gets turned into a massive cash n carry or the worlds largest Kentucky chicken

Kicked us all over the park in 93 at the request of sir Alex, we had 3 players taken off injured and cost us the title.

*%^@ them, I hope they go under will saviour every last tear from their fans

Maybe you're having a bad day Top Gun, but I completely disagree with you here. A football club formed in 1874, founder members of the football league in 1888, a club with a long and rich history. It would be a great shame to see them go under.
Good luck to the club and their supporters in finding a solution to their current predicament.
.


If it was us they’d be laughing themselves into a coma.

Burn baby burn.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509997  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 11703
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Klopp in programme: “I think this current Arsenal team might just be the best yet [that I’ve faced], in terms of quality, and for that reason I think today pitches two of Europe’s best against each other. I think there is zero doubt Arsenal will be even stronger this season."

"They have recruited amazing talent this season... It's a complete nonsense if you don't view this Arsenal, with this manager, as being one of the best teams in the country."


Arsenal fans : *%^@ off back Basque Country Emery

Klopp was obviously taking the piss, Top Gun. I imagine him roaring with laughter when writing that.

I was going to reply similar Decaf ......... TG putting this forward as proof we are okay .

WHEN would Klopp ever speak the truth about any team in the programme notes ..... something like this team is a total shower of shei***t with a defense as porous as a lump of pomice , their manager hasn't got a f**&&^%$# clue ....
No , no , no every team faced from Norwich , Southampton , Carlisle to Middlesboro Ironside will full of talented individuals , and Pool are expecting a difficult match .

Showing you are a bit of a movie buff flashing around references to Abbott and Costello , the Three Stooges ....or are they currently playing in South African cinemas :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509998  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 11703
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

TOP GUN wrote:
*%^@ Bolton, I hope their ground gets turned into a massive cash n carry or the worlds largest Kentucky chicken



Produced a chuckle


 Profile  
 
 
Post #509999  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13002

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
*%^@ Bolton, I hope their ground gets turned into a massive cash n carry or the worlds largest Kentucky chicken

Kicked us all over the park in 93 at the request of sir Alex, we had 3 players taken off injured and cost us the title.

*%^@ them, I hope they go under will saviour every last tear from their fans

Maybe you're having a bad day Top Gun, but I completely disagree with you here. A football club formed in 1874, founder members of the football league in 1888, a club with a long and rich history. It would be a great shame to see them go under.
Good luck to the club and their supporters in finding a solution to their current predicament.
Also very sad to hear another famous old club and past FA cup winners Bury have been expelled from the League.
With the obscene amounts of money flying around the top echelons of the game it is deeply depressing.

I couldn't agree more.

After all, you guys - well perhaps not the Farage mob-- have found it in your heart to forgive the Norwegians and Germans, who in Viking times and WWII did a lot worse to the Poms than a few hefty tackles inflicting the odd broken limb.

This business of holding deep grudges, then gaining satisfaction from the success of Petro$$$ FC or from the erection of yet another KFC, is the sort of thing that creates division in the working class and allow capital to slip one past every time. Sad.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #510000  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13002

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
*%^@ Bolton, I hope their ground gets turned into a massive cash n carry or the worlds largest Kentucky chicken



Produced a chuckle

Yes, Top Gun is in good form.

The one about the pool cues nearly made me choke on my morning guinness

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 513743 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12747, 12748, 12749, 12750, 12751, 12752, 12753 ... 12844  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: warrior and 1 guest


Search for:

cron

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018