Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests

Post #319121  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:34 am 

grantyboy wrote:

If Özil still "works" for Arsenal at the start of the season then we are as weak as frequently reported.

That flaky pr**ck is going nowhere ... that idiot albino look will make him even more visible when he is underperforming

Anyway I've made a mini statement ..... put all my Arsenal yearbooks 1973 / 74 thru to 86 / 87 minus 82 / 83 .
Four cup final programmes v Ipswich , Man U , West Ham and Hull plus 6 other league programmes from the early 80s up for sale .
on a local site $100 ..... feels good .

1973 I loved anybody who pulled on an Arsenal shirt ........ now I'm hard pressed to find someone I like .

Post #319122  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:54 am 

kiwipete wrote:

That flaky pr**ck is going nowhere ... that idiot albino look will make him even more visible when he is underperforming

Anyway I've made a mini statement ..... put all my Arsenal yearbooks 1973 / 74 thru to 86 / 87 minus 82 / 83 .
Four cup final programmes v Ipswich , Man U , West Ham and Hull plus 6 other league programmes from the early 80s up for sale .

1973 I loved anybody who pulled on an Arsenal shirt ........ now I'm hard pressed to find someone I like .

Support the club not the personalities of the players.

Post #319123  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:04 am 

I never thought I'd see the day where America seems eerily similar to the rise of fascism in 1930s Germany. I think I know, or rather I know I know why millions of Americans are totally committed to him, no matter how unethical, immoral or even illegal his actions. I won't get into it but it should be self evident to the casual observer. If not, then I worry about you too.

Trump will be re-elected. There are only two events I can see where it won't happen. First, the economy has 2008 like collapse again or if Sanders gets the nomination and even then its not a given. He has always polled very well against Trump. He won't get the hard core bigots and fascists. He won't get the Christian fundamentalists either but there are enough of the others that he can get. Those who voted for Trump purely for economic reasons and held their nose to the insanity.

The one take away from all this is that the promise that America had with the election of Obama, that is gone. And will be gone for the foreseeable future. We are way too foregone down that rabbit hole that is likened to the last stages of the Roman empire, Spanish empire and a few other nations/empires.

Post #319124  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:20 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I never thought I'd see the day where America seems eerily similar to the rise of fascism in 1930s Germany. I think I know, or rather I know I know why millions of Americans are totally committed to him, no matter how unethical, immoral or even illegal his actions. I won't get into it but it should be self evident to the casual observer. If not, then I worry about you too.

Trump will be re-elected. There are only two events I can see where it won't happen. First, the economy has 2008 like collapse again or if Sanders gets the nomination and even then its not a given. He has always polled very well against Trump. He won't get the hard core bigots and fascists. He won't get the Christian fundamentalists either but there are enough of the others that he can get. Those who voted for Trump purely for economic reasons and held their nose to the insanity.

The one take away from all this is that the promise that America had with the election of Obama, that is gone. And will be gone for the foreseeable future. We are way too foregone down that rabbit hole that is likened to the last stages of the Roman empire, Spanish empire and a few other nations/empires.

Obama lost 250,000 manufacturing jobs in 8 years Trump has gained 400,000 in 4. Lowest unemployment ever and the wages of the bottom 20% rising faster than any time since records began. That's why he will get re-elected. Obama was long on soaring rhetoric, short on results.

Post #319125  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:22 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Obama lost 250,000 manufacturing jobs in 8 years Trump has gained 400,000 in 4. Lowest unemployment ever and the wages of the bottom 20% rising faster than any time since records began. That's why he will get re-elected. Obama was long on soaring rhetoric, short on results.

Obama inherited the 2008 financial crisis fall out, not sure it’s fair comparison.

Let’s just say it evens itself out given the amount of racist rhetoric pumped out by Trump on a daily basis

Post #319126  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:58 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

All to do with QE where the government injected massive amounts of printed money into the economy, the lowest interest rates ever and a soaring equities market as a result. None of this had anything at all to do with Trump. Wages growth is also an side result. At some point this global Ponzi scheme will start to unravel and someone like Trump will only make it worse than his fat ego.

But he'll likely be re-elected because America is filled with dim witted, racist, facist *%^@.

Post #319127  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:11 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Support the club not the personalities of the players.

Yes, gazing fondly at the emblem is so much better than feeling like the players on the pitch give a *%^@.

Post #319128  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:14 pm 

dec wrote:
grantyboy wrote:
P.s. when do we hear that Özil and Mustafi have been either sold or contracts terminated. The short term financial payouts will live long in the memory of any other a****** players that want to jerk the club around.

If Özil still "works" for Arsenal at the start of the season then we are as weak as frequently reported.

We can't just terminate a contract. Both will be in the squad at the start of the season.

Are you sure? I would expect that it could be, even if it needed to be paid out.

Post #319129  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm 

https://www.scmp.com/sport/football/art ... over-local
Are The Beatles responsible for Liverpool’s present dominance over local rivals Everton?

Post #319130  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 pm 

So off to Lord Howe Island for a week. Internet connection from one place only & mobiles do not work. By the time I am back we will no doubt have 3-4 new players. I mean we wouldn’t leave things to the end that would be really silly. I only expect to see a couple of minor departures.

Looking good for the new season. Caring owners can make a difference.

Post #319131  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:13 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
dec wrote:
We can't just terminate a contract. Both will be in the squad at the start of the season.

Are you sure? I would expect that it could be, even if it needed to be paid out.

Well, we could pay off the remainder of the contract in full, but why would we do that?

Post #319132  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:48 am 

We have always very talented young players who seem on the cusp of first team if not a potential international (Wilshere, etc.). How many of them have been promoted to the first team and a regular place on the bench?

I know the odds for that for all teams is fairly small but we seem to have players every season that most fans think should get some first team minutes and they don't get it. Even with injuries to regulars.

Post #319133  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 am 

If a prem club wanted to take Nketiah on a season long loan and start him most games would you go for it or keep him at arsenal to start all the cup games and be an impact sub?

Post #319134  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:13 am 

Nketiah reminds me of Wrighty, a complete livewire who does not give the defenders a moments peace and has that knack of being in the right place when the ball comes in the box, something you can't teach.

Whether he has the ability to do the audacious individual things that Wrighty did I don't know but he has certainly done enough in this pre-season to suggest that he may make it at Arsenal.

Post #319135  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:14 am 

That explosive Martinelli run was very Anelka-esque, or even Henry-esque.

Post #319136  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:54 am 

socrates wrote:
Nketiah reminds me of Wrighty, a complete livewire who does not give the defenders a moments peace and has that knack of being in the right place when the ball comes in the box, something you can't teach.

Whether he has the ability to do the audacious individual things that Wrighty did I don't know but he has certainly done enough in this pre-season to suggest that he may make it at Arsenal.

When I have seen him the player I think of immediately is actually Jermaine Defoe. At 5 foot 9 similar in height and their games seem to be about energy, movement and the quick finish.

I think he has the potential to be a very decent player for us. I hope we give him enough minutes to keep him happy

Post #319137  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 am 

Rich wrote:
If a prem club wanted to take Nketiah on a season long loan and start him most games would you go for it or keep him at arsenal to start all the cup games and be an impact sub?

Keep him and start him for all Europa league games until the knockout stages, give him minutes in the league when we are comfortable.

Let’s be honest the reason Gnabry left was to get minutes, we never really gave him a run in the side. We shouldn’t make mistakes like that again. Rotate more

Post #319138  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 am 

David DeGea has signed a new 6 year contract earning him £375k per week. :icon_eek1:

Post #319139  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:03 am 

dec wrote:
David DeGea has signed a new 6 year contract earning him £375k per week. :icon_eek1:

375k is crazy money. Shows what a bargain Özil was at 325k a week.

Post #319140  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:08 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:

I think we have reached a point where only 6 clubs in Europe can afford the best players. And DeGea, on the past 12 months, is well below that level.

Post #319141  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:09 am 

socrates wrote:

I think he was the ball control. I’ve got to see more of his passing and judgement to make my mind up. Also wish he was a bit stronger.

Post #319142  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:20 am 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I think we have reached a point where only 6 clubs in Europe can afford the best players. And DeGea, on the past 12 months, is well below that level.

He’s a superb shot stopper. The rest of his game is less strong though.

Post #319143  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:34 am 

socrates wrote:

That run was brutal. It’s exactly that pace and power we have been missing.

I like the desperation in the defenders trying to get back. You need at least 2 players in your side that can cause that kind of chaos

Post #319144  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:08 am 

I agree with the cause but my goodness some of those #wecaredoyou videos going around twitter recorded by our fans and “influencers” are some of the cringiest things you’ll ever see.

Post #319145  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

That run was brutal. It’s exactly that pace and power we have been missing.

I like the desperation in the defenders trying to get back. You need at least 2 players in your side that can cause that kind of chaos

Zaha certainly fits the chaos requirement

Post #319146  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:38 am 

Saliba booked in for a medical on Tuesday apparently.

Post #319147  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:11 pm 

https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issu ... ried-zaha/

Just go!

Nelson & Saka are able replacements too.

Post #319148  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:14 pm 

https://www.givemesport.com/1491325-gab ... utoplay=on

Plenty of positives about Martinelli. Looking forward to his burst of speed soon. We needed this for so long.

Post #319149  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:12 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issues-arsenal-quit-threat-amid-links-to-wilfried-zaha/

Just go!

There's nothing wrong with what Iwobi said.

Post #319150  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:13 pm 

Ramsey misses first game with Juventus, injured.............

Post #319151  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 pm 

Hey Kiwi
I see the Raelenes have beaten the Sheilas to win the netball. Hope that cheers you up a bit after the cricket :58big-emoticons:

Post #319152  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm 

Scezny lets Kane score from the halfway line i extra time.

Win 3-2..............................

Post #319153  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 am 

Greeny wrote:
Bernard wrote:
With that being only your seventh post I suppose it’s unlikely you were already blocked. But I think after that it’s a fairly safe bet that you soon will be. A bit safer than saying someone who doesn’t buy, get given, find or steal a ticket is unlikely to win the jackpot for tonight’s Euromillions draw. Unless he’s already seen it and blocked you already.

I would have thought one of the important reasons for posting here is not only that a relatively small number of people will read your views, but debate them with you. That will cover agreeing and disagreeing with you. Yet he’s blocked so many of the members who disagree with him, he must get something else from the forum.

American Gooner has OCD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
It's a mental illness

You need help, American Gooner
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is the answer.

You are wasting your life away on this Steve Gleiber obsession
Now wash your hands, and then pick up your phone and seek help

You post at all times of the night/day, it is disrupting your life.
Get Some Help!

How do you know this ? You’ve only posted here a few times dude. Do you post under a different moniker ?

Is that you spencer ?

Btw yes I agree he’s a fruitcake and have felt he’s got some serious issues for ages. Some cognitive therapy would be quite useful for a few on here and I include myself in that too

Post #319154  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:23 am 

So I'm reading that Iwobi hints that if we get Zaha he will have to re-think his future with us. Just when he's coming off a great ANC.

Post #319155  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 am 

Supposedly 55 mil plus extras for Zaha, 25 mil for Tierney, Saliba, others we are linked with.

Where is all this cash coming from? I thought we were on a very, very limited budged?

Post #319156  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Supposedly 55 mil plus extras for Zaha, 25 mil for Tierney, Saliba, others we are linked with.

Where is all this cash coming from? I thought we were on a very, very limited budged?

Perhaps little of it will happen and they’re further examples of the huge caution with which one should see transfer rumours.

Post #319157  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:55 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Greeny wrote:
American Gooner has OCD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
It's a mental illness

You need help, American Gooner
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is the answer.

You are wasting your life away on this Steve Gleiber obsession
Now wash your hands, and then pick up your phone and seek help

You post at all times of the night/day, it is disrupting your life.
Get Some Help!

How do you know this ? You’ve only posted here a few times dude. Do you post under a different moniker ?

Is that you spencer ?

Btw yes I agree he’s a fruitcake and have felt he’s got some serious issues for ages. Some cognitive therapy would be quite useful for a few on here and I include myself in that too

I’ve always had the impression that some people just read the forum without posting. It’s not impossible that Greeny might have been reading the forum for ages but has only just started posting.

Post #319158  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:56 am 

I have no facts to back it up, but just a gut feeling that Tottenham will not have a good season. It will be City and Liverpool..again...snore.

I'm curious to see how Lampard does. I wish him all the worst obviously. OGS second season will be interesting as well. As always, Man Utd will try and buy themselves out of mediocrity. If we could only be so lucky.

Post #319159  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:31 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
So I'm reading that Iwobi hints that if we get Zaha he will have to re-think his future with us. Just when he's coming off a great ANC.

His 'quotes' were taken completely out of context, Iwobi cleared this up on his own social media only a few hours after the non-story broke

Post #319160  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:57 pm 

dec wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issues-arsenal-quit-threat-amid-links-to-wilfried-zaha/

Just go!

There's nothing wrong with what Iwobi said.

Agree, nothing wrong with what he said.

And nothing wrong with what I feel about it too :12hello-bye: I just hope he goes, because he is not the type of player who can take charge of a game for us. A good squad player, but he feels he should be a regular starter.

[ 390317 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7976, 7977, 7978, 7979, 7980, 7981, 7982 ... 9758  Next