Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: AmericanGooner, bubblechris, Decaf, Lincoln gooner, Rich, warrior and 62 guests

Post #360521  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:50 pm 

Rich wrote:
The importance of match day revenue to #AFC is very clear, as shown by 25% of their total revenue coming from this category. This is much higher than any other leading club, e.g. #THFC 20%, #MUFC 19%, #LFC 18%, #CFC 17% and #MCFC 11%.

Need to up our game on the commercial deals. New Adidas and Emirates kick in this summer but why aren't we doing more?

I agree we need to perform better commercially. But there are explanations why gate receipts are more important for Arsenal. Manchester United have a much bigger international (and domestic) fan base so their sales of merchandise will make Arsenal's pale into insignificance by comparison.

Also, Arsenal have a bigger ground than Tottenham (for now), Liverpool and Chelsea. There's not such a big difference between the Emirates and Etihad, but the prices to watch games at Arsenal's stadium are higher.

Post #360522  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:01 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I lost interest in Brexit ages ago. It bores me stiff and I refuse to get involved in the rights and wrongs of staying or leaving. But is that paragraph correct?

Controlling crime (or catching criminals via DNA records and arrest warrants) is surely of mutual benefit to all countries whether they're in the EU or not. I've seen true crime documentaries on international crime or criminals where such data has been exchanged between the UK and non-EU states just as it has between member states. I'll be shocked if that doesn't continue because self-interest (for both Britain and EU states) should guarantee it?

Research evidence is available internationally between non-EU members. UK universities have US journals in libraries, and vice versa, to a far greater extent than we have journals from member states published in another language.

Don’t take my word for it

https://twitter.com/lbc/status/1088088217717477377?s=21

I'm not going to take his word for it either without knowing his real motives for saying it. EU members will want to catch their criminals as much as the UK will want to catch their ones. When DNA data and arrest warrants enable that, it's crazy to suggest they'll no longer be exchanged. Self-interest going both ways surely has to dictate it will whatever that bloke says.

Post #360523  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:25 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I'm not going to take his word for it either without knowing his real motives for saying it. EU members will want to catch their criminals as much as the UK will want to catch their ones. When DNA data and arrest warrants enable that, it's crazy to suggest they'll no longer be exchanged. Self-interest going both ways surely has to dictate it will whatever that bloke says.

Typical brexiteer response: that expert doesn’t know what he’s talking about you know. I won’t take his word for it.

I have a mate who works in motor insurance and he told me this week that from March 29 they lose access to certain European insurance policy holders databases as well. Naturally I should have spat in his face and called him a fear monger

Post #360524  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:35 pm 

and you have the cheek to take the piss out of Brexiteers. Was it you that was crying when he voted remain because he didn't want to leave Europe.

Bernard clearly did not say he was a Brexiteer just because he didn't accept what you said.

It's all project fear, none of it is factually based, none is likely to happen.simply because even though you deny it, we are more important to them than they are to us. What is happening in France will spread to Italy if their farmers cannot send their produce here.

Why can you not accept that others have different opinions to you and for whatever reason they want to leave you cannot prove they are wrong.

Your like a p$#%y who parks on private property then leaves leaving behind all his rubbish. Are you really an adult because every time you hit the keyboard I think you are a ten year old who has had his toys taken away.

Post #360525  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:52 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
and you have the cheek to take the piss out of Brexiteers. Was it you that was crying when he voted remain because he didn't want to leave Europe.

Bernard clearly did not say he was a Brexiteer just because he didn't accept what you said.

It's all project fear, none of it is factually based, none is likely to happen.simply because even though you deny it, we are more important to them than they are to us. What is happening in France will spread to Italy if their farmers cannot send their produce here.

Why can you not accept that others have different opinions to you and for whatever reason they want to leave you cannot prove they are wrong.

Your like a p$#%y who parks on private property then leaves leaving behind all his rubbish. Are you really an adult because every time you hit the keyboard I think you are a ten year old who has had his toys taken away.

Hey I didn't suggest he was a brexiteer just thats a typical response from one. Ie ignoring experts and facts and pointing at platitudes.

Not sure that was me you mentioned as whilst I'm disappointed we are leaving (really so and have said so) I can think of a couple of valid reasons why leaving is a good thing. This is more than you are capable of I'm pleased to say and I won't share what as I believe listening to your own reasons are a truly blessed comedy experience. :15laughter:

I absolutely can accept other opinions as long as they are based on facts not tabloid lies. I'm typically a swing voter and properly there for the taking if someone can convince me. Even a busted clock is right twice a day.

French farmers then to the rescue i say ! those german car manufacturers are taking their time to save us though aren't they.

on the pussy property stuff i'll just say keep it coming that stuff is liquid gold

Post #360526  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:01 pm 

I have never, ever said whether I voted stay or remain, and that isn't going to change. I don't feel strongly enough about it to have ever got involved in debates before.

But I'm not at all convinced I was ignoring the opinion of an expert in dismissing what that bloke said on Youtube. It is in the interests of EU member states to continue the exchange of DNA data and co-operate regarding arrest warrants just as it is the UK's, post-Brexit. To me that strongly suggests it will continue, going both ways. It would be idiotic for it not to happen.

That's the reason I don't trust what that copper says. I don't know what his motives were. But it seems more likely to me that he is talking claptrap, whether he claims to know about the issue or not. Coppers can talk bollocks, like everyone else from whatever profession.

From that don't assume whether I'm in favour of remaining or leaving. My comments on this issue bares no relation to that whatsoever. But the paragraph I referred to looked plain wrong to me Top Gun. I've watched many true crime documentaries and the firm impression I'm left with is that assistance is exchanged between non-member states as well as member states.

I mean for Gawd's sake, it's not a recent thing anyway. I think I'm right in saying there was collaboration between police forces across the Atlantic to catch bloody Dr Crippen, and that was in 1910, decades before the EU.

Post #360527  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm 

Terrible terrible reports from the Hillsboro enquiry. One of the coppers that accompanied the fans said they were in a good mood and not troublesome on the way to the ground and that a fan went on to the pitch and begged him to look and see what was happening.His description of what he saw after being cajoled by the fan to go and look brought a tear to my eyes.

So so sad and like Grenfell for example should never have happened.

:sad5:

Post #360528  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 pm 

Bernard wrote:
I have never, ever said whether I voted stay or remain, and that isn't going to change. I don't feel strongly enough about it to have ever got involved in debates before.

But I'm not at all convinced I was ignoring the opinion of an expert in dismissing what that bloke said on Youtube. It is in the interests of EU member states to continue the exchange of DNA data and co-operate regarding arrest warrants just as it is the UK's, post-Brexit. To me that strongly suggests it will continue, going both ways. It would be idiotic for it not to happen.

That's the reason I don't trust what that copper says. I don't know what his motives were. But it seems more likely to me that he is talking claptrap, whether he claims to know about the issue or not. Coppers can talk bollocks, like everyone else from whatever profession.

From that don't assume whether I'm in favour of remaining or leaving. My comments on this issue bares no relation to that whatsoever. But the paragraph I referred to looked plain wrong to me Top Gun. I've watched many true crime documentaries and the firm impression I'm left with is that assistance is exchanged between non-member states as well as member states.

I mean for Gawd's sake, it's not a recent thing anyway. I think I'm right in saying there was collaboration between police forces across the Atlantic to catch bloody Dr Crippen, and that was in 1910, decades before the EU.

The point he’s making isn’t about the will and desire to collaborate just the actual process and system and procedures in place that are turned off if we leave. It’s not will or desire the reference being made is clunky.

Likewise I have no care if people wished to leave or not. I do find though that most leavers are the type of people that have things like 3 samurai swords on their mantle piece large, medium and small and are the type of people who take their own personalised snooker cue to the pub if they want a game of pool.

Post #360529  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:46 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

The point he’s making isn’t about the will and desire to collaborate just the actual process and system and procedures in place that are turned off if we leave. It’s not will or desire the reference being made is clunky.

Likewise I have no care if people wished to leave or not. I do find though that most leavers are the type of people that have things like 3 samurai swords on their mantle piece large, medium and small and are the type of people who take their own personalised snooker cue to the pub if they want a game of pool.

Can we take it that you'll be staying in bed on March 30th or will you be brave enough to go out wearing a suit of armour?

There will be planes falling out of the sky according to some............

:42laughter:

Post #360530  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:49 pm 

But it does happen between non-member and member states And I just don't believe it won't continue to do so, as it has since 1910.

Post #360531  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:04 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Can we take it that you'll be staying in bed on March 30th or will you be brave enough to go out wearing a suit of armour?

There will be planes falling out of the sky according to some............

:42laughter:

Hey I’m predicting no Armageddon at all just explaining for Bernard’s benefit, planes won’t be downed and things continue with some pain that’s all. It’s the long term economic effect that’s going to hurt.

Anyway what is it ? Samurai swords on mantle or personalised snooker cue?

Or Actually new one are you the type of person who finds Allo Allo funny?

Post #360532  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:05 pm 

Bernard wrote:
But it does happen between non-member and member states And I just don't believe it won't continue to do so, as it has since 1910.

Like I said he’s not referring to the will or intent just the actual systems in place be it computer or whatever and procedure with the EU.

Post #360533  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:08 pm 

Nah none of the above. I have got a Dyson hoover will that do?

Post #360534  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:23 pm 

Roger Stone arrested. Farage is in trouble, he’s hip deep in those shenanigans

Post #360535  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:44 pm 

Rich wrote:
The importance of match day revenue to #AFC is very clear, as shown by 25% of their total revenue coming from this category. This is much higher than any other leading club, e.g. #THFC 20%, #MUFC 19%, #LFC 18%, #CFC 17% and #MCFC 11%.

Need to up our game on the commercial deals. New Adidas and Emirates kick in this summer but why aren't we doing more?

read today that the financial results till last may have been released and we have a cash held position of 231m! thats even more than the stadium debt still owed. Why do we need to sit on such a massive amount of cash whilst having such an average team.

Post #360536  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:32 pm 

No Özil

Post #360537  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:54 pm 

Xhaka, a disaster waiting to happen?

Post #360538  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:02 pm 

Money really is tight. Emery can only afford a sawn off version of Wenger's parka.

Post #360539  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 pm 

Alexis !!!!!!!!!

Ooops, wrong team :42laughter:

Post #360540  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 pm 

Sucker punch. 0-2.

Post #360541  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:29 pm 

Shambles.

Post #360542  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:30 pm 

Too easily outrun. All they do is let the ball flow forward and play forward. Whereas we reverted back to our dribble, pass, dribble, pass to nowhere.

Post #360543  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:32 pm 

Seems horribly familiar. Boss the game, fail to score, then get caught out by swift counterattacks.

Sokratis going off didn’t help much.

Post #360544  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:33 pm 

Watching Iwobi trying to execute a simple three yard pass is just painful.

Post #360545  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:37 pm 

thofman wrote:

over elaborate and ineffective

Post #360546  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:38 pm 

Nice move. Split them apart!

Post #360547  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:38 pm 

Aubameyang !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #360548  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:39 pm 

Nice work Iwobi.

Post #360549  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:39 pm 

That Ramsey looks like a good player.

Post #360550  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:41 pm 

maitland niles looking very good

Post #360551  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:51 pm 

Good grief, are our scouts sent out to deliberately find defenders who can't defend, because if they are they are doing a fine job. It's bloody basics, what's the matter with them.

Only Arsenal can dominate a game and get sucker-punched not once but twice, mainly due to Kolasinic being way too high up the pitch almost all the time. I get the bit where he's an attacking threat but surely he is first and foremost a defender.

Post #360552  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:51 pm 

Goonie wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
That Ramsey looks like a good player.

Emery/management too hasty retracting the contract offered to Ramsey at the start of season...

If he'd played the way he's playing tonight they would have bitten his hand off.

Chose this game to show what he can do.

Post #360553  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 pm 

Would like to see Monreal on for Kola and Özil on for Iwobi.

What Xhaka's doing on the pitch is beyond me....

Post #360554  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:58 pm 

socrates wrote:
Good grief, are our scouts sent out to deliberately find defenders who can't defend, because if they are they are doing a fine job. It's bloody basics, what's the matter with them.

Only Arsenal can dominate a game and get sucker-punched not once but twice, mainly due to Kolasinic being way too high up the pitch almost all the time. I get the bit where he's an attacking threat but surely he is first and foremost a defender.

I think Mustafi coming on for Sokratis was a factor. Mustafi (I think)came flying out and left Sanchez all alone in the box.

Post #360555  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:59 pm 

thofman wrote:

It's absurd that he's picked ahead of Özil. He has no end product.

Post #360556  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:14 pm 

Can we please get a sodding bit of luck with injuries. Both CB injured in this game and another CB out until next season.

Post #360557  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:14 pm 

The defenders injury hoodoo continues. :20hospitals:

Post #360558  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:18 pm 

That injury hold up plus the subs took 8 minutes to get the ball back in play.

Post #360559  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:19 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
The defenders injury hoodoo continues. :20hospitals:

Lukaku is a big awkward lummox

Post #360560  Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:19 pm 

Xhaka at CB? God help us.

[ 437303 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9011, 9012, 9013, 9014, 9015, 9016, 9017 ... 10933  Next