Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: bubblechris, Decaf, Gunfire, Lincoln gooner and 57 guests

Post #328441  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:11 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Did anyone watch the Sanchez celebration closer !!

Points to the badge then points to the ground.

Watching it again. Big indicator he could be staying

More likely to do with the fact that he was on the floor injured not long before. Great goal whatever. Looks like he's got his hunger and correct attitude back. Hope he's back in the team for the rest of the season.....

He lost his hunger. :1laughter: :1laughter:

Mate just admit that you've made yourself look like a pillock on this one

He's affected more goals than any other player in the league this season.

Post #328442  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:33 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

More likely to do with the fact that he was on the floor injured not long before. Great goal whatever. Looks like he's got his hunger and correct attitude back. Hope he's back in the team for the rest of the season.....

He lost his hunger. :1laughter: :1laughter:

Mate just admit that you've made yourself look like a pillock on this one

He's affected more goals than any other player in the league this season.

The only people looking like pillocks on here are those that thought the Sanchez that played from Jan to April was acceptable. He has been far from good let alone great and his attitude stunk.

As he has shown he is willing to play for the team then I have no problem extolling his virtues.

All you are proving is that your knowledge of football is about as good as AG's in other words non existent.

Post #328443  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:09 pm 

The current state of affairs in America should tell our allies that whatever good number of Americans there are they aren't enough of them or enough with power to stop the numbers that would support a man like Trump and thereby should err on the side of caution when America comes calling.

Post #328444  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:14 pm 

C'mon you 'appy 'ammers make me 'appy too. :icon_mrgreen:

Post #328445  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:19 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
The current state of affairs in America should tell our allies that whatever good number of Americans there are they aren't enough of them or enough with power to stop the numbers that would support a man like Trump and thereby should err on the side of caution when America comes calling.

Thanks, I'll make a note of that.

Post #328446  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:22 pm 

Kouyate and Noble out of the West Ham midfield, which isn't going to help them. Nordveit playing.

Post #328447  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:30 pm 

Maybe wishful thinking but this current form of ours could carry us into the cup final and you never know about cup finals.

Post #328448  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:35 pm 

Pool 2 up

Post #328449  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:37 pm 

Massively disrespectful of the Scousers not to help preserve Wenger's top four record, he is a decent and intelligent man who does not deserve this.

Post #328450  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:43 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Pool 2 up

3 now, looks like bye bye ECL next season

Post #328451  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:44 pm 

Thursday nights it is, then. Wouldn't it be great to go into that campaign with a new, hungry, manager.

Post #328452  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:48 pm 

It really wasn't a lot to ask for them to mess up and allow us to salvage our season in the way we could usually rely upon Tottenham to do. Hoy will be weeping bitter tears into his toad-in-the-hole and planning revenge with his brilliant repeat flights of sarcasm which I can but weakly imitate. How could they do this? How could they not recognise the way this noble, dignified, beautiful man has given everything for the club? An Arsenal man. A Bank of England man. Doing things the Arsenal way, honouring his contract and then getting another one and honouring that and then making sure he gets another one to honour while asking for nothing but a long grey puffa in return

It's a crying shame.

Post #328453  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:49 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Thursday nights it is, then. Wouldn't it be great to go into that campaign with a new, hungry, manager.

"Fan".

Post #328454  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:50 pm 

Kronke will be on the phone to Wenger tonight asking him to make up the 50 million shortfall. I think this means Sanchez will be sold to fund their bonuses. That's why Wenger loves the club so much.

Post #328455  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:55 pm 

And well done, Feyenoord.

Post #328456  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:56 pm 

Today could be our Independence Day.

You never know...

Post #328457  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:10 pm 

Just left a message on RAWK thanking them

Our 2 clubs have a history of helping each other and always display class and dignity. Their efforts may have helped the long term future of Arsenal. Great day for the club

Post #328458  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:13 pm 

Robbed from the Arsenal gent on twitter ... he's worth a follow

THINGS ONE CAN RELY UPON THE EAST END FOR:

Top-hatted murderers
Susceptibility to cholera
Organised crime

THING ONE CANNOT
Football

Post #328459  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:30 pm 

Europa it is then
F**k

Post #328460  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:22 pm 

I don't think the Europa final is a foregone conclusion. It wouldn't surprise me if Man Utd lost. The Dutch always field a technically good team.

As for us, the Europa league may not be such a curse. Its a competition we can get to the semis at least if we play decently. After that, who knows? The season isn't over anyway. I still think we may just sneak in before all is said and done.

Post #328461  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:51 pm 

Liverpool still have to beat a Middlesboro team with Chambers in it........................

It's not all over yet.

Post #328462  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:51 pm 

Hate seeing sperz winning but its Man Utd so its a pick your poison proposition. I don't see this match as Man Utd playing badly its just that sperz are in a zone. The best side they have had since I started watching football and one may have to go back to the Gazza days to see a better side, maybe before that.

Post #328463  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:57 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

You never know...

The worst case scenario, that Wenger will renew his contract regardless of not qualifying for the Champions League, may also be possible though. In short, I don't trust either Wenger or Kroenke to do the right thing, although hopefully I'm being unnecessarily pessimistic.

Post #328464  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:01 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You never know...

The worst case scenario, that Wenger will renew his contract regardless of not qualifying for the Champions League, may also be possible though. In short, I don't trust either Wenger or Kroenke to do the right thing, although hopefully I'm being unnecessarily pessimistic.

Like I said previously Bernard even if he signs the 1 year extension that's being discussed his time is finished at Arsenal. When 35k start turning up at the Emirates on a Thursday night to watch us play Mosel FC the pressure will grow stronger.

Post #328465  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:25 pm 

I've just woken up after a very long sleep - watching Sky Sports.

Have Chelsea been docked points and Tottenham awarded the Premier League title or something??

You'd think so based on the fuss.

No, wait, they can now add the 'Moving Ground Challenge Trophy' to their trophy room, along with the Norfolk Hospitals Cup.

Can't wait for the DVD.

Post #328466  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm 

john1 wrote:

Have Chelsea been docked points and Tottenham awarded the Premier League title or something??

No, wait, they can now add the 'Moving Ground Challenge Trophy' to their trophy room, along with the Norfolk Hospitals Cup.

Can't wait for the DVD.

The thing is, they are not moving at all. They are simply rebuilding WHL.

Post #328467  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:55 pm 

dec wrote:
john1 wrote:

Can't wait for the DVD.

The thing is, they are not moving at all. They are simply rebuilding WHL.

No no no. Stop trying to deny them another trophy with your rational arguments.

Post #328468  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You never know...

Yep, so much for WH doing us a favour.

We are now even further down the queue for top players in the transfer market.

I read United have £400m to spend in the transfer window. Good luck competing with them.

Post #328469  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:05 pm 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I read United have £400m to spend in the transfer window. Good luck competing with them.

Hi Soc

I don't think missing out on the CL is hugely damaging. Players, by and large, move for money. Whether we are in or out of the CL we can't go head to head with Man U for a player. Likewise, Tottenham can't compete with us in that respect. A few years out of the CL would definitely hurt us, but we can certainly get in some good players this summer. The bigger challenge is getting ourselves sorted out to put a proper consistent campaign in next season.

Post #328470  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:53 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Liverpool still have to beat a Middlesboro team with Chambers in it........................

It's not all over yet.

Like you I can still see Pool making a hash of it.

Post #328471  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:58 pm 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Man U's net spend over the last 3 years has been over £300m (not including about £125m in stupendous agent fees)....so they could achieve the brilliance of moving from 7th to 6th over that time.

If they spend the same amount as wisely, they could sacrifice their entire financial advantage...

Post #328472  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 am 

dec wrote:
socrates wrote:

Hi Soc

I don't think missing out on the CL is hugely damaging. Players, by and large, move for money. Whether we are in or out of the CL we can't go head to head with Man U for a player. Likewise, Tottenham can't compete with us in that respect. A few years out of the CL would definitely hurt us, but we can certainly get in some good players this summer. The bigger challenge is getting ourselves sorted out to put a proper consistent campaign in next season.

Hi Dec,

The trouble is we aren't the biggest spenders or the biggest payers and now do not even have CL football to counteract that. So, unless Wenger suddenly decides he is willing to pay massively over the odds to blow other clubs competing for players out of the water I suspect it will be a summer of disappointment and we will have to make do with players who may not even be in our top ten of preferred signings.

Post #328473  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 am 

I'm resigned to AW signing a new deal. If so then it will be interesting to see how early we get our business done this summer. This is unprecedented territory for AW and there is no goodwill or patience left. One bad result next season and we'll be right back to where we are now.

Load of bollocks really.

Post #328474  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:00 am 

Darren wrote:
I'm resigned to AW signing a new deal. If so then it will be interesting to see how early we get our business done this summer. This is unprecedented territory for AW and there is no goodwill or patience left. One bad result next season and we'll be right back to where we are now.

Load of bollocks really.

He's a decent honourable man who gave us the Invincibles and does not deserve that kind of abuse disappointed in you.

Post #328475  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:12 am 

lomekian wrote:
socrates wrote:

Man U's net spend over the last 3 years has been over £300m (not including about £125m in stupendous agent fees)....so they could achieve the brilliance of moving from 7th to 6th over that time.

If they spend the same amount as wisely, they could sacrifice their entire financial advantage...

But that's the problem, trying to compete with clubs able to spend that kind of money with no guarantee of the players procured being a success. I would think that United, City, Chelsea and the other euro giants will outspend us this summer and it's not like Wenger is unearthing the kind of hidden gems he once did, mainly because all the big clubs have vast global scouting networks now and we are rarely at the front of the queue even for the emerging talent.

You have to wonder if we are destined to become a club, like Liverpool, who are really constantly swimming against the tide in attempting to bring back the glory days.

Post #328476  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:38 am 

richie wrote:
I do think that there is a bit of an obsession about having to spend the most money and worrying by being outbid by Man Utd, Chelsea etc. Spending top dollar doesn't always guarantee success. Pogba hasn't exactly set the world alight. There are still some very good players who needn't cost the earth. Wanyama went to Tottenham for a modest fee. It might be just a case of being a bit shrewder than the other clubs.

Not being in the CL is a bit of a handicap but not a major one. Our location is still a big draw and we still pay a decent wage.

Hi Richie,

I hope that you are right, but let's wait and see who we are linked with and who we actually get.

There are some decent players around we could have got in the last few seasons........Wanyama, Dele Alli, Mané, Kante, Eriksen etc.......but where were we when they were available?

Where are the young frenchies we used to snap up?

Post #328477  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 am 

socrates wrote:
dec wrote:
Hi Soc

Hi Dec,

The trouble is we aren't the biggest spenders or the biggest payers and now do not even have CL football to counteract that. So, unless Wenger suddenly decides he is willing to pay massively over the odds to blow other clubs competing for players out of the water I suspect it will be a summer of disappointment and we will have to make do with players who may not even be in our top ten of preferred signings.

I expect Chelsea to get about 2-3 players in. Man U with Maureen will maybe have a shopping list of up to 5 players and Man City about the same. They will all pay big wages and will not haggle over the fee to the extent that we do. Chelsea Liverpool and Man City have managers who players will want to play for. I do not think that Wenger will have the same drawing power that he once had and that coupled with the lack of will to spend big and continual delays in sealing deals will result in another poor off season. The fact he has not told us what he is doing complicates matters as we can't really shop until we know who will manage.

I think that some people have an idea that 4th place is a magic elixir and Wenger should stay if we seal it . I don't care whether we finish 4th or 5th I still believe Wenger has run his course and we need new inspiration and new ideas at the club.

Post #328478  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:44 am 

Daz wrote:
Darren wrote:

Load of bollocks really.

He's a decent honourable man who gave us the Invincibles and does not deserve that kind of abuse disappointed in you.

Where would I find the alleged abuse in that post. Are you David Pleat in disguise because obviously your eyesight is failing you.

Post #328479  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:47 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
socrates wrote:

Hi Dec,

I expect Chelsea to get about 2-3 players in. Man U with Maureen will maybe have a shopping list of up to 5 players and Man City about the same. They will all pay big wages and will not haggle over the fee to the extent that we do. Chelsea Liverpool and Man City have managers who players will want to play for. I do not think that Wenger will have the same drawing power that he once had and that coupled with the lack of will to spend big and continual delays in sealing deals will result in another poor off season. The fact he has not told us what he is doing complicates matters as we can't really shop until we know who will manage.

I think that some people have an idea that 4th place is a magic elixir and Wenger should stay if we seal it . I don't care whether we finish 4th or 5th I still believe Wenger has run his course and we need new inspiration and new ideas at the club.

I don't think it's that, Gaz, it's that people are resigned to him staying and realise that no CL football makes things a little more difficult in the transfer market.

As Bernard says, its a double whammy........Wenger staying and no CL football to attract top players.

Post #328480  Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:22 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Daz wrote:

Where would I find the alleged abuse in that post. Are you David Pleat in disguise because obviously your eyesight is failing you.

Gaz, you've misread Daz's post, he's is just winding up OMOH. :laughing7:

[ 428899 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8209, 8210, 8211, 8212, 8213, 8214, 8215 ... 10723  Next