Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, mcquilkie and 254 guests

Post #368441  Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 pm 

John wrote:
Rich wrote:
Get a bid in for Pickford this summer, he's kept this score down with some great saves tonight

He made some decent saves but his kicking was absolutely terrible .

Čech has not been amazing for us but is still very able and I like the fact that due to his height, we can now withstand late aerial bombardments better than we could a few years ago. Ospina is a good shot stopper but doesn't command the area half as well so should never be first choice. He's off in the summer anyway. I think we should just bring back Szczesny and let him fight it out with Čech. Martinez is decent third choice. Let's use our budget elsewhere on the team.

Post #368442  Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:00 pm 

Rich wrote:
1-0. All about Xhaka's pass. It is inch perfect into Özil's run, simple square ball for a Sanchez tap in

Need Sanchez to bang in a couple more on Sunday to take the golden boot. It's a fantastic return for a player that has probably only played half the games as striker.

Post #368443  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:08 am 

Alexis, our hero again!

Post #368444  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:47 am 

The only way I can see Alexis staying is if we were to make a massive statement in the transfer market. None of this dithering around until the end of August to see who is left or who might be leaving a big club to accommodate somebody else.

Post #368445  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:53 am 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
socrates wrote:
Why the bloody hell did we sign Perez if we had no intention of playing him?

There were rumours when we signed him that Wenger didn't want him, I'm not entirely sure how that could work but in light of how he has been treated it does seem an odd coincidence.

That rumour really goes against everything we have been told about Arsene. Namely that he has complete control over everything.

Post #368446  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 am 

Gunfire wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:
There were rumours when we signed him that Wenger didn't want him, I'm not entirely sure how that could work but in light of how he has been treated it does seem an odd coincidence.

That rumour really goes against everything we have been told about Arsene. Namely that he has complete control over everything.

I agree with your point Gunfire. But if Wenger did want Perez, it's puzzling why to all intents and purposes he's frozen him out. Does Wenger see him as a troublemaker off the pitch, because on the pitch he's been decent. Certainly not so bad that he should or even can be considered rubbish.

Post #368447  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:16 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

I agree with your point Gunfire. But if Wenger did want Perez, it's puzzling why to all intents and purposes he's frozen him out. Does Wenger see him as a troublemaker off the pitch, because on the pitch he's been decent. Certainly not so bad that he should or even can be considered rubbish.

He has been injured a lot and, unfortunately, at times when he might have had a run in the team due to the form or absence of others.

Post #368448  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 am 

dec wrote:
He has been injured a lot and, unfortunately, at times when he might have had a run in the team due to the form or absence of others.

Is that really the only reason? If it was, why would he want to leave, which I'd be surprised if he doesn't?

Post #368449  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:51 am 

Arsenal's & Liverpool's finish to the season has come down to the first game of the season. Wenger messed that up royally.

Had AFC even drawn with LFC on opening day LFC would be on 71 & we'd be on 73. However, we weren't ready says a man in football for 40 years

Post #368450  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 am 

dec wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I'm sorry this isn't totally true. He was absolutely terrific away against Southampton and helped us smash 5 past them but the next game was systemically and totally illogically dropped for Giroud who was in an absolute crisis of form and confidence at that point. We lost the game 2-1

Something is up with this, even considering he's had a few knocks he's been utilised so little after games when he has performed it makes little sense.

Post #368451  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:16 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:

I'm sorry this isn't totally true. He was absolutely terrific away against Southampton and helped us smash 5 past them but the next game was systemically and totally illogically dropped for Giroud who was in an absolute crisis of form and confidence at that point. We lost the game 2-1

Something is up with this, even considering he's had a few knocks he's been utilised so little after games when he has performed it makes little sense.

Let me say I can't recall who we played after Southamption let alone the score. But I'm more in agreement with Top Gun than dec on this one. Something looks odd about the way Wenger is treating Perez. Which to me almost looks like he's systematically frozen him out not just the team this season, but as a consequence maybe the club in the summer (assuming Wenger stays).

Post #368452  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:07 am 

I'm not saying there isn't more to it as Perez has made noises about returning to Spain, but this is his injury record.

LUCAS PEREZ INJURY HISTORY
Injury Club Date Injury Reported
Muscle Injury Arsenal Injuries 2017 May 3rd
Thigh Strain Arsenal Injuries 2017 March 16th
Hamstring Injury Arsenal Injuries 2017 February 11th
Ankle Injury Arsenal Injuries 2016 October 25th
Knee Injury Arsenal Injuries 2016 September 30th

Post #368453  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:11 am 

Bernard wrote:
dec wrote:

Is that really the only reason? If it was, why would he want to leave, which I'd be surprised if he doesn't?

Wenger did a similar thing with Park. Ok so maybe he wasn't the same level as Perez but he still got pretty much frozen out.

Post #368454  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:53 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Let me say I can't recall who we played after Southamption let alone the score. But I'm more in agreement with Top Gun than dec on this one.

It was Watford at home Bernard, I'm sure you'll remember that game. Total car crash

Post #368455  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 am 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Wenger did a similar thing with Park. Ok so maybe he wasn't the same level as Perez but he still got pretty much frozen out.

Not sure I disagree with him doing it on that occasion though :laughing7:

Post #368456  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:26 pm 

No complaints whatsoever about the result and how we got the result. I think we have to put the match in its proper context. I want Wenger out as much as the next guy. However, I'm going to channel my inner omoh and say that too much criticism of this match is a bit much perhaps. Why? We are on the best run of the season. HUGE wins: Man Utd, Soton away both firsts (first league win over Mourinho and first win at Soton for 14 years) this takes a lot out of a club mentally and physically and at this point in the season its very physically exacting. Sunderland is a weak side and you simply can't expect the club to play to the same level as Man Utd and Soton and Stoke. Even the invincibles won some ugly matches, usually against weak sides.

All that matters for the duration are wins. They wins can be off someone's backside 94th minute. Doesn't matter. We just need to keep winning and hoping Liverpool or City drop points. That's it. Also the winning gives momentum going into the cup final. No matter the sport, when you are winning and at times sheer luck, you go into the matches thinking you will somehow, some way, win it. That the football gods will find a way to bless you if you honor them with an effort.

Post #368457  Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:53 pm 

This is great form going into the cup final IF we maintain it. Prior to the Man Utd win, the cup final had embarrassment written all over it. Now, I wouldn't say its Chelsea for sure. How hungry will they be? Post title bliss...relaxed going into Wembley, confident but maybe not hungry.

I am hoping its Wenger's swan song. He wins it, possibly secures 4th and goes quietly into the night (with the DoF thingy as his ready excuse).

On another note, for the foreseeable future, I won't have as much anxiety about another club going the season unbeaten. The EPL has to be the most competitive major league in Europe.

Post #368458  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 am 

http://arseblog.com/2017/05/here-we-are-again-where-were-this-time-last-year-sort-of/

Sums it up perfectly

Post #368459  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 am 

Daz wrote:

Wenger out !

Post #368460  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 am 

Daz wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I know it is difficult for you that your hero is nearing the end of his dictatorship.

No, that's fine, you're mad I'll move on...

(hope you're watching and smiling, Hoy).
Been away and just seen it. You being mistaken for a Wenger-worshipper is sweet!

Post #368461  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:30 am 

Like the Lib Dems you just can't trust Moyes to do the right thing. Da Doo Ron Ron Koeman - he's your only man for the Arsenal-to-lose 'fans'?

Post #368462  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:49 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Daz wrote:

No, that's fine, you're mad I'll move on...

(hope you're watching and smiling, Hoy).
Been away and just seen it. You being mistaken for a Wenger-worshipper is sweet!

I fear he may not have been paying much attention.

He also called me David Pleat for a little indirect jibe I made at you - I have had this problem before with Queenslanders, they are stubbornly literal about everything and eye me with a suspicion bordering on hostile which is totally undeserved as I hold their gruff manliness in high esteem.

Anyway, there must be much rejoicing chez Hoy as another glorious season of not being Villa heads toward its thrilling denouement and a nice blue passport to look forward to and watching the young coves play football with a pigs bladder on the common and striking up bilateral trade deals with the Leeward and Windward islands...

Post #368463  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 pm 

Daz wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

He also called me David Pleat for a little indirect jibe I made at you - I have had this problem before with Queenslanders, they are stubbornly literal about everything and eye me with a suspicion bordering on hostile which is totally undeserved as I hold their gruff manliness in high esteem.

Anyway, there must be much rejoicing chez Hoy as another glorious season of not being Villa heads toward its thrilling denouement and a nice blue passport to look forward to and watching the young coves play football with a pigs bladder on the common and striking up bilateral trade deals with the Leeward and Windward islands...

Trust no one and you will live a better life.

Post #368464  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:09 pm 

Is this OMOH on twitter
@arsenalcircular

Post #368465  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:42 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Daz wrote:

erm...right you are.

Post #368466  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:42 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Daz wrote:

Isn't that the slogan on car registration plates in Queensland?

Post #368467  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:32 pm 

I'd hate to see Perez go before we had fully utilized his talents. He could have been a player we had on the wing instead of Gibbs, etc. Oh well. Anyway, Galatasaray is interested in him. Perez (along with Park, and a few others) are some of the bewildering things Wenger was up that didn't make sense.

http://turkish-football.com/galatasaray ... in-future/

Post #368468  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:32 pm 

So bookies know something we don't? Ox to LFC?
http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/booki ... liverpool/

Post #368469  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:49 pm 

Stanis Baratheon - Arsene Wenger
Robert Baratheon - Conte
Tywin Lannister - Mourinho
Robb Stark - Pochettino
Ned Stark - Ranieri
Renly Baratheon - Klopp

Post #368470  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm 

Diving to be punished next season. All incidents involving penalties, second yellow bookings and sending offs to be viewed by a board of three every Monday.

Sam thinks its bollocks and I agree with him. It has to be dealt with on the day at the time and not after the match has been finished alternatively they have to find a punishment that benefits the team that was cheated.

Post #368471  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:41 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Diving to be punished next season. All incidents involving penalties, second yellow bookings and sending offs to be viewed by a board of three every Monday.

Sam thinks its bollocks and I agree with him. It has to be dealt with on the day at the time and not after the match has been finished alternatively they have to find a punishment that benefits the team that was cheated.

I wonder which team will be first to be punished?

Post #368472  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:41 pm 

Daz wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

And Ken Barrington to hammer the Saffers in the summer and Kangarooshire over winter.

Post #368473  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:44 pm 

danny wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

It won't be Manchester United or Liverpool, you can be sure of that.

Post #368474  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:06 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
danny wrote:

It won't be Manchester United or Liverpool, you can be sure of that.

If you'd said Spurs instead of Liverpool I might have agreed with you.........................

Post #368475  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Diving to be punished next season. All incidents involving penalties, second yellow bookings and sending offs to be viewed by a board of three every Monday. Sam thinks its bollocks and I agree with him. It has to be dealt with on the day at the time and not after the match has been finished alternatively they have to find a punishment that benefits the team that was cheated.
Watching Rugby League the other day showed how effective the video replay system can be. Same in cricket. That the filthy rich Premiership has not implemented it, is ridiculous. I put the blame right at Wenger's door, along with the recent cyber-security events and the heavy rain in the south-east yesterday.

Post #368476  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:39 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Diving to be punished next season. All incidents involving penalties, second yellow bookings and sending offs to be viewed by a board of three every Monday. Sam thinks its bollocks and I agree with him. It has to be dealt with on the day at the time and not after the match has been finished alternatively they have to find a punishment that benefits the team that was cheated.
Watching Rugby League the other day showed how effective the video replay system can be. Same in cricket. That the filthy rich Premiership has not implemented it, is ridiculous. I put the blame right at Wenger's door, along with the recent cyber-security events and the heavy rain in the south-east yesterday.

Since you're playing the blame game Hoy who do you blame for 3 (count 'em) successive 5-1 defeats to the same opposition?

Post #368477  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:05 pm 

Northbank Memories wrote:
Arsenal's & Liverpool's finish to the season has come down to the first game of the season. Wenger messed that up royally.

Had AFC even drawn with LFC on opening day LFC would be on 71 & we'd be on 73. However, we weren't ready says a man in football for 40 years

Good point this. It was totally pathetic that we weren't ready for the season. Wenger was basically gambling he could win the title with only 37 games. I was fuming at the time when we - once again - gave up on our first game of the season for such a basic lack of preparation.

Post #368478  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:49 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Since you're playing the blame game Hoy who do you blame for 3 (count 'em) successive 5-1 defeats to the same opposition?
Hi Bromley - two quotes I like about blame. “The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions.” (Dwight Eisenhower) and "Blame is for God and small children." (Dustin Hoffman).

Post #368479  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:00 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Hi Bromley - two quotes I like about blame. “The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions.” (Dwight Eisenhower) and "Blame is for God and small children." (Dustin Hoffman).

Evening Hoy. Deep and meaningful as your quotes may be, we're talking about football here. And the repeated inability of the coach to organise the team effectively.
Wenger out!

Post #368480  Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Evening Hoy. Deep and meaningful as your quotes may be, we're talking about football here. And the repeated inability of the coach to organise the team effectively.
Wenger out!
C'mon you Toffees?

[ 468890 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9209, 9210, 9211, 9212, 9213, 9214, 9215 ... 11723  Next