Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, john1, mcquilkie and 256 guests

Post #421241  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:21 pm 

Xhaka gets a yellow - again.

Post #421242  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm 

thofman wrote:
10 goals on aggregate a possibility now. How has it come to this...

Manager who is a decade past his best and an apathetic owner. Simple really?.

4-1.

Post #421243  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm 

Daz wrote:
thofman wrote:
Not the game I've been watching, he's been all over the park.

Think you may be watching a different game then because even Keown has criticised his failure to get back and help Monreal.

He's also been giving it away all over the park.

The same Keown who thinks Wenger is the future of Arsenal?

Post #421244  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm 

thofman wrote:
Daz wrote:

Think you may be watching a different game then because even Keown has criticised his failure to get back and help Monreal.

He's also been giving it away all over the park.

Not sure that makes much difference - he is pointing out something that is obvious to everybody except apparently you. Fair enough.

Post #421245  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm 

Wenger has lost me as per my article today (http://dailycannon.com/2017/03/arsene-w ... usly-thin/), but with the ref's application of yellow cards (not for Vidal's disgusting foul on Sanchez), the non pen for a cast iron one on Theo and the seriously dodgy pen for Bayern & red card for Kos, we have been thoroughly shafted tonight.

Were the tie in the balance before tonight I'd be outraged.

Post #421246  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:24 pm 

And presumably your own extreme anti Wenger stance doesn't influence your own utterly impartial view of Sanchez. Sauce for the goose etc.

Post #421247  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:25 pm 

Daz wrote:
thofman wrote:

Not sure that makes much difference - he is pointing out something that is obvious to everybody except apparently you. Fair enough.

Wasn't obvious to the BBC who noted "Sanchez has come out all guns blazing" in the first half. Or the commentator on the channel I'm watching who referred to his impressive first half as he was departing. So yeah, fair enough.

Post #421248  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:26 pm 

Another fine mess-where did we go wrong? Can't see us winning this one now! Where is the march starting from?

Post #421249  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:27 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Wenger has lost me as per my article today (http://dailycannon.com/2017/03/arsene-w ... usly-thin/), but with the ref's application of yellow cards (not for Vidal's disgusting foul on Sanchez), the non pen for a cast iron one on Theo and the seriously dodgy pen for Bayern & red card for Kos, we have been thoroughly shafted tonight.

How can it be cast iron? I thought it should probably have been given but it was certainly debatable as the studio panel showed (yeah yeah they're biased of course). One of those that if it weren't given against us I would have thought that the ref came down slightly in our favour there and would understand opposition being aggrieved but not outraged.

Post #421250  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:28 pm 

1 - 5.

Oh my

Post #421251  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:29 pm 

thofman wrote:
Daz wrote:

Wasn't obvious to the BBC who noted "Sanchez has come out all guns blazing" in the first half. Or the commentator on the channel I'm watching who referred to his impressive first half as he was departing. So yeah, fair enough.

The fact that a commentator uses a rank cliche about a player in a particular instance doesn't mean that it is true of his whole first half performance. They were carving us open time and again down the right.

Post #421252  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:29 pm 

5-1 again? Well at least the score line is consistent :1laughter:

Post #421253  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:30 pm 

For the first time ever, I'm inclined to think he will call it a day at last. What a shame his obstinacy, arrogance or whatever led him to this kind of indignity.

Post #421254  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:30 pm 

Daz wrote:
lomekian wrote:

How can it be cast iron? I thought it should probably have been given but it was certainly debatable as the studio panel showed (yeah yeah they're biased of course). One of those that if it weren't given against us I would have thought that the ref came down slightly in our favour there and would understand opposition being aggrieved but not outraged.

He missed the ball and caught his shin...how can it be anything but a pen? Its a foul in the box. I'm watching a channel that felt it was clear (dodgy feed!)

Post #421255  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:31 pm 

Got to laugh really - Kos went off injured at a similar time in the first leg lost 5-1, sent off this time lost 5-1 again. Our predictability knows no bounds!.

Post #421256  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 pm 

Daz wrote:
thofman wrote:

The fact that a commentator uses a rank cliche about a player in a particular instance doesn't mean that it is true of his whole first half performance. They were carving us open time and again down the right.

You will have the last word, of course. You're welcome.

Post #421257  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 pm 

hoxton square wrote:

Is this the consistency Wenger is always talking about?.

:1laughter:

Post #421258  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:36 pm 

I wonder if AW has made his decision yet?, yes I'm sure he has - he's the man to take us to the next level. :sad4:

Post #421259  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:37 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
hoxton square wrote:

Is this the consistency Wenger is always talking about?.

:1laughter:

Could be - stil we've got an easy win coming up next!

Post #421260  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:43 pm 

thofman wrote:
Daz wrote:

Not very important in the larger scheme of things. A sad night for anybody who loves the club and this time I have some sympathy for the players who put in a fine performance until the ref killed the game and did not deserve such humiliation. As a human being I also feel sorry for Arsene who I don't like much and had come to despise a little but it is never nice seeing somebody suffer a public shaming like that.

Post #421261  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:44 pm 

Daz wrote:
thofman wrote:

Not very important in the larger scheme of things. A sad night for anybody who loves the club and this time I have some sympathy for the players who put in a fine performance until the ref killed the game and did not deserve such humiliation. As a human being I also feel sorry for Arsene who I don't like much and had come to despise a little but it is never nice seeing somebody suffer a public shaming like that.

Agree with that absolutely.

Post #421262  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:54 pm 

Nine of Bayern's 10 goals in the tie were scored with Laurent Koscielny off the pitch.

Post #421263  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:58 pm 

10 - 2. I've bought my little boycott forward and won't be watching again till Wenger is gone. Near on *%^@*** killed it for me and who knows if I'll still be interested by the time he buggers off.

Post #421264  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:03 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Nine of Bayern's 10 goals in the tie were scored with Laurent Koscielny off the pitch.

This evening was very different though. Down to 10 men and playing for pride. Even at 2-1 (after Sanchez gifted Bayern a goal that Kos could not have stopped) they kept attacking to try and get something from the game. They could have gone defensive at 2-1 but what would be the point? When it got to 3-1, he should have brought on Gabriel and put most of them behind the ball.

The first leg was utter garbage.

It's worth saying that Bayern are very very good. Playing them with 10 men is a nightmare.

Post #421265  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 pm 

Must admit I laughed when I saw the subs. Özil? You what? Did he think the game was lacking a little aesthetic delicacy?

Post #421266  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:15 pm 

lomekian wrote:

Yup we clearly had them on the run

Post #421267  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:15 pm 

dec wrote:
lomekian wrote:

This evening was very different though. Down to 10 men and playing for pride. Even at 2-1 (after Sanchez gifted Bayern a goal that Kos could not have stopped) they kept attacking to try and get something from the game. They could have gone defensive at 2-1 but what would be the point? When it got to 3-1, he should have brought on Gabriel and put most of them behind the ball.

The first leg was utter garbage.

It's worth saying that Bayern are very very good. Playing them with 10 men is a nightmare.

Yeah, no real problem with tonight. We approached it with a good attitude, suffered from the wrong side of quite a number of at best debatable decisions, some of which transformed the match, and were caught on the break with a midfielder at centre half and a linesman who made mistakes.

First leg was a gutless joke

Post #421268  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:16 pm 

Enjoyed the first hour or so and it was unfortunate that we didn't score at least a couple more. The tie was lost in the first leg of course but the ridiculous red card finished off the game on the night. Sanchez's passing and tracking back was piss poor. Real shame Wellbeck was ill, he'd have buried at least one of Giroud's chances. I do feel for Wenger, he has to go but I do remember the great times and players.

Post #421269  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:16 pm 

I'm not one to blame officials but I thought they were a disgrace tonight.

If two players are challenging for the ball and one trips the other in the process of making said challenge then sure its a pen, but why a sending off? Its basically a double punishment and spoiled what was a good game. I switched over after that.

Post #421270  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 pm 

The red card was a joke. After that it was impossible but we should probably have gone into PR mode and their goals were an embarrassment.

Post #421271  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:19 pm 

Sabir wrote:
Enjoyed the first hour or so and it was unfortunate that we didn't score at least a couple more. The tie was lost in the first leg of course but the ridiculous red card finished off the game on the night. Sanchez's passing and tracking back was piss poor. Real shame Wellbeck was ill, he'd have buried at least one of Giroud's chances. I do feel for Wenger, he has to go but I do remember the great times and players.

Giroud had to bury that header. It was like a tap-in for a player with his heading ability.

Post #421272  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:22 pm 

Also re the Pen, Lewandowski is offside when the ball is played...

Post #421273  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:23 pm 

Daz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

They could have patiently explained jet fuel burns at 800 C ... while steel melts at 1500 C.

Drop a line to British Steel and ask why they don't scrap their smelters , if a pile of office furniture and a couple of gallons of kerosene does the same thing .

There that's storted that little nematode ..... back to the snooker

It's almost touching.

Is that what you think experts (DON'T TRUST THEM! THEY'RE PART OF THE CONSPIRACY!) are claiming happened? That the steel beams all just melted and so the buildings fell down? There are perfectly coherent answers to this infantile disorder online so I won't bother.

I love it when you get your nuts in a knot Daz ......

"infantile disorder " ... and the ever so superior " I'm not going to bother " always comes into play when you are stressed and on shaky ground .

Correct ..."there are perfectly coherent answers" ................ for the gullible .

I'm guessing the three years as a housing estate officer gave you this in-depth knowledge of metallurgy ......nicht wahr :laughing7:

Post #421274  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Also re the Pen, Lewandowski is offside when the ball is played...

And he dived. When Kos' made contact with his chest, he threw himself down. I absolutely hate the way the game has gone in that respect. Contact is not a foul ffs.

Post #421275  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 pm 

Wenger will be in trouble for his comments about the ref. As if he hadn't enough questions to answer....

Post #421276  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:36 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Correct ..."there are perfectly coherent answers" ................ for the gullible .

Yes, but it's not the slightest bit gullible to believe that it's all a conspiracy involving the government, the military, all the firemen, policemen, investigators and every expert (and there's been a lot of them) who has come out to debunk the various ridiculous myths surrounding the towers.

It took a remarkable effort to keep all of that quiet. It's especially impressive considering that just a few years prior to that they couldn't keep Clintons extramarital affairs quiet, and only about three people knew about those.

Post #421277  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 pm 

Pretty decent first hour or so, against a Bayern side that clearly wasn't anywhere near 100% focused. Turned the game off when Koscielny was sent off, didn't even watch the penalty. Ridiculous stuff.

Post #421278  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:47 pm 

dec wrote:
he should have brought on Gabriel and put most of them behind the ball.

Don't think that would have helped , as soon as Kos went off .... Arsene should have chucked a towel on the pitch and shaken Ancellotti's hand ........ would have least added a touch of humour to a pretty dismal night .

We started brightly , team selection or more desire looked like we could foot ti with them ....but how much of this was down to Bayern knowing they had the tie in the bag .
Sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity ..... :icon_scratch: doesn't awarding a penalty give you a better chance .... shades of Lerhmann .... punished twice .

The fannying around at the back .... to gift a couple of goals .....eeek .

This edifice of the Mighty Arsenal is crumbling in front of our eyes anyone must rate their chances against us these days

...... Lincoln must be thinking "we could get a result come Saturday" . Swarm all over us like a bunch of angry bees , fluke a first goal .

Post #421279  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:51 pm 

In just over a year 1-5 1-5 1-5 to Bayern. Didn't Gazidis say we would compete with them?

In over half a century supporting Arsenal I have never seen us get hammered so often.

Post #421280  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:06 pm 

Northbank Memories wrote:
In just over a year 1-5 1-5 1-5 to Bayern. Didn't Gazidis say we would compete with them?

In over half a century supporting Arsenal I have never seen us get hammered so often.

He simply cant get us playing compact and solid Steve even if we do lose it's always by a cricket score to a decent side.

That's his biggest crime and the likes of Rio Ferdinand et all saying be careful what you wish for are clueless. HE CANT DEFEND, and never has been able to. For a while we had individuals who could but not the set up.

*%^@*** useless, Wenger out he's been dog *%^@ for years now

[ 526021 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10529, 10530, 10531, 10532, 10533, 10534, 10535 ... 13151  Next