Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf and 288 guests

Post #438721  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:36 pm 

A few tough league games coming up. 3 away to west ham, everton and city. Home to stoke is usually a win (think we have a 100% record at home since they came up) I'd happily take 2 draws and 2 wins from those 4.

I know it's getting too far ahead but the 6 games after that are 6 games we should be looking at 6 wins: west brom (h), palace (h), b'mouth (a), swansea (a), burnley (h), watford (h)

Post #438722  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:36 pm 

:53big-emoticons:
Babu 2.0 wrote:
warrior wrote:
Would someone mind trying to attach a picture in a posting and let me know if they get an error message please ?

ok

EDIT: Yup, no probs.

Post #438723  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:37 pm 

Hammers lead at Old Trafford

Post #438724  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:49 pm 

Babu 2.0 wrote:
warrior wrote:
Would someone mind trying to attach a picture in a posting and let me know if they get an error message please ?

ok

EDIT: Yup, no probs.

Thanx man

Post #438725  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:50 pm 

Attachment:
3OFun83.jpg
3OFun83.jpg [ 11.58 KB | Viewed 3253 times ]

Post #438726  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:56 pm 

Watching the game on my tablet, the only stream that I could get to work was playing in one second segments, missed Debuchys injury, and it took 4 seconds for Sanchez shot leaving his boot to cross the line, that was agonising.

Post #438727  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:10 pm 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Niall wrote:
Can't have too many complaints. PSG were better than us in both games and deserved to top the group. Shame we couldn't hang on at 2-1, looked like Ospina had that covered before Iwobi's unfortunate flick. Lets hope for some better luck in the draw this time!

Got that when we got Monaco 2 years ago , didn't make any difference then and probably won't now, we're just not clever enough against better quality teams even if we have better players sometimes

We're hardly going to win the competition, Pete, as certain teams are in a league of their own so I'd be happy with a run to the last 8 at least. I think we're a better side than 2 years ago - though have to give you we did struggle against PSG over the 2 games.

Post #438728  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:13 pm 

Rich wrote:
A few tough league games coming up. 3 away to west ham, everton and city. Home to stoke is usually a win (think we have a 100% record at home since they came up) I'd happily take 2 draws and 2 wins from those 4.

I know it's getting too far ahead but the 6 games after that are 6 games we should be looking at 6 wins: west brom (h), palace (h), b'mouth (a), swansea (a), burnley (h), watford (h)

The Hammers seem to be playing a lot better in their last two games. It's a toughie next week, would bank a draw though we really have to get a winning run going now. Looks like injuries to Debuchy and Giroud today as well - squad is under the cosh.

Good second half win today, but far from convincing imo.

Post #438729  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:17 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bould with an ipad on the bench. Ffs I don't wanna see an iPad on the bench. If you can't set the team up properly between Monday and Friday then your fuc ked an no amount of technology will help you.

Moving with the times there, TG. :icon_smile11:

Post #438730  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:18 pm 

Niall wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Bould with an ipad on the bench. Ffs I don't wanna see an iPad on the bench. If you can't set the team up properly between Monday and Friday then your fuc ked an no amount of technology will help you.

:laughing7:

Forgive me though but will him having an iPad mean that he finds out a piece of analysis that makes Arsene do an in game change on tactics and style ? Maybe Even maybe a substitution before the 70th minute. See what I mean

He's probably using it for in game betting with bettair, at least then it would seem logical

Post #438731  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:16 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
:laughing7: you've certainly got a copyright on the little dry balls quip , Old Man .

Two fifty something lesbians ....wonderful people . I've fixed their mulcher , sharpened their hedge clippers

You and your euphemisms :laughing7:

Post #438732  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:20 pm 

warrior wrote:
The issue with the forum is now resolved.

Rog
=====================================
Brandon S
ok I am seeing there is an issue with the machine your site is on.
Our admins are working on resolving it now and will be resolved shortly.
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

There is one issue on this forum that has not been resolved.

Post #438733  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:33 pm 

Man Utd are done with regards to the title race, their main target has to be top 4 and that is looking a bit dicey if they have a bad spell.
I'm not shedding any tears for Man Utd or Mourinho.

Post #438734  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:36 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Niall wrote:

:laughing7:

Forgive me though but will him having an iPad mean that he finds out a piece of analysis that makes Arsene do an in game change on tactics and style ? Maybe Even maybe a substitution before the 70th minute. See what I mean

He's probably using it for in game betting with bettair, at least then it would seem logical

Playing face swap with Mr Wenger.

Post #438735  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:01 am 

Rumour has it Arsene will be on a 1 year rolling contract till he decides to quit. The purgatory and instability will continue surely ?

Post #438736  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:38 pm 

Anyone know the public transport arrangements for WHU next Saturday?

I went there for the Olympics and used Stratford - amazingly just 8 mins from St Pancras - but I've heard there's a restricted choice of stations for travelling fans. I think away fans are directed to Pudding Mill Lane after the game, but that's on the DLR and a longer journey.

??

Post #438737  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:32 pm 

DHD wrote:

I went there for the Olympics and used Stratford - amazingly just 8 mins from St Pancras - but I've heard there's a restricted choice of stations for travelling fans. I think away fans are directed to Pudding Mill Lane after the game, but that's on the DLR and a longer journey.

??

TFL website, they should know, directs you to Stratford to get there could them sending you to Pudding Mill Lane just be a security measure on leaving?

Post #438738  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:07 pm 

I was very surprised watching football news that Man Utd are off to their worse start since the '91 season! You mean Moyes started off better? Can't be. I as watching CNN and it came across the screen. I find it hard to believe.

On a related note, if (and I pray it will) Mourinho crashes and burns again, will he get another major appointment? I can possibly see a top national side coming to him but can't see clubs of the caliber of Barca, Juve, Bayern coming to him. I wouldn't put PSG in that category yet. I think he my resurface at a club just under the top, top clubs. Inter (who are no longer where they were when he was there), Atletico, Roma, Dortmund, those types of clubs. They may be happy with their respective managers now but that type of club. He's got to be losing that smug confidence he's been living off of. haha...loving it.

Post #438739  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:09 pm 

Pudding Mill....lol...sorry, just funny sounding.

Post #438740  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:13 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
DHD wrote:

??

TFL website, they should know, directs you to Stratford to get there could them sending you to Pudding Mill Lane just be a security measure on leaving?

I think it was this article (or another at the time of the Chelsea game) that mentioned restricting travelling fans:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/west-ham-vs-chelsea-fans-banned-stratford-station-efl-cup-police-a7378991.html

I'd never heard of Pudding Mill Lane which is why it stuck. Seems it didn't happen in the end, though it sounds like we could get held in the ground after the game - I hate that.

Post #438741  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:44 pm 

Gnabry rubbing it in
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 06816.html

Gnabry however opted to join Werder Bremen, Arsenal reluctantly cashing in to the tune of £5million, and has swiftly found himself to be an integral member of the Bundesliga side, scoring five in 11 league matches for his new side and earning a call-up to the German national team where he scored the first hat-trick by a debutant in 40 years in an 8-0 win over San Marino.

“It was the right decision,” Gnabry told Kicker of his Arsenal exit. “Everybody who compares my development over the last four months to my time in England before that can't come to a different conclusion.

Post #438742  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:22 pm 

good to see Chambers progressing

http://dailycannon.com/2016/11/journali ... including/

Post #438743  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:20 pm 

Getting myself to the League Cup game vs Southampton on wednesday, wondering what line-up wenger will play. I think the back 5 is likely to be, Martinez, Gibbs, Gabriel, Holding, Jenkinson. I'd expect Maitland-Niles and Jeff to start and maybe Coq and Ramsey to get some more minutes. Hopefully Giroud is fit otherwise I'm not sure who would start up front?

Post #438744  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:44 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Gnabry rubbing it in
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 06816.html

Gnabry however opted to join Werder Bremen, Arsenal reluctantly cashing in to the tune of £5million, and has swiftly found himself to be an integral member of the Bundesliga side, scoring five in 11 league matches for his new side and earning a call-up to the German national team where he scored the first hat-trick by a debutant in 40 years in an 8-0 win over San Marino.

“It was the right decision,” Gnabry told Kicker of his Arsenal exit. “Everybody who compares my development over the last four months to my time in England before that can't come to a different conclusion.

That is because most of his time here was spent injured, ungrateful little *&!?, I wish him all the best really, actually no I don't.

Post #438745  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:47 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rumour has it Arsene will be on a 1 year rolling contract till he decides to quit. The purgatory and instability will continue surely ?

Judge him in May -

Title (or CL) = new contract

No title (or CL) = no new contract

Simple.

Post #438746  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:26 pm 

Saw a stat from the weekend that shows Xhaka having the most touches of any player, 90% pass success, his tackle success and ball recoveries were immense as well.

The stat that amazed me the most though was Sanchez only had 2 fewer touches than Xhaka despite playing up front.

Post #438747  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:18 am 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Judge him in May -

Simple.

I think it will be Title or CL, he retires from Arsenal. Leaves with success. Nothing won, he will want to continue his "project" to win the CL. That's the one prize eluding him.

Post #438748  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:01 am 

Rich wrote:
Saw a stat from the weekend that shows Xhaka having the most touches of any player, 90% pass success, his tackle success and ball recoveries were immense as well.

The stat that amazed me the most though was Sanchez only had 2 fewer touches than Xhaka despite playing up front.

Alexi is a trainwreck waiting to happen. He has reverted to chasing everything and everyone when he should be concentrating on scoring goals and leave the midfield and defence to his teamates.

He's carrying an injury ffs and needs to give his body time to recover.

Post #438749  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:02 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Rich wrote:

Alexi is a trainwreck waiting to happen. He has reverted to chasing everything and everyone when he should be concentrating on scoring goals and leave the midfield and defence to his teamates.

He's carrying an injury ffs and needs to give his body time to recover.

I understand your concerns. However we would not have got the first goal on the weekend without his energy. Your concerns are well founded but Theo has reverted to form (plays when he feels like it and rarely ever chases down players) Ramsay is too slow and there is no will to chase in other players so if Alexis does not do it no one does. Early in the season the players were chasing down players but back to the old ways.

Post #438750  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:04 am 

socrates wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
:laughing7: you've certainly got a copyright on the little dry balls quip , Old Man .

Two fifty something lesbians ....wonderful people . I've fixed their mulcher , sharpened their hedge clippers

You and your euphemisms :laughing7:

Phew .... "euphemism" ............ Hold the front page ...... Socrates ain't the shallow no nothing spirogyra I had him tabbed as .

Post #438751  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:16 am 

gooner7 wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Judge him in May -

Simple.

I think it will be Title or CL, he retires from Arsenal. Leaves with success. Nothing won, he will want to continue his "project" to win the CL. That's the one prize eluding him.

I can't see Wenger not being offered a new contract, even if we finish outside the top four and don't win the Champions League or Premiership. When he does leave, I expect it to be his own decision. If gooner7 is right and Wenger won't retire unless Arsenal wins either the Champions League or domestic title, I reckon it'll be a very long time before he goes making it a long wait for those looking forward to his departure. It might even take a serious illness including an advanced physical or mental decline, or even death, for him to go. Sorry, but I find it very hard to imagine him winning the Premiership again or Champions League for the first time. I hope he doesn't mind me saying but Exiled once told me he thinks Wenger could well turn out to be the third Arsenal manager to die in post (Herbert Chapman and Tom Whittaker being the others). If he won't retire until he wins either of those trophies, I suspect Exiled could well turn out to be right.

Post #438752  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:57 pm 

Lots of good teams left in the league cup. It will be tough to live. Hopefully we can at least keep our unbeaten streak against Soton. Wonder what the English record is for all competitions unbeaten?

Post #438753  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:08 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Lots of good teams left in the league cup. It will be tough to live. Hopefully we can at least keep our unbeaten streak against Soton. Wonder what the English record is for all competitions unbeaten?

A really stupid question as we are the only team afaik to have gone a season unbeaten and since we have never won the league cup, afaik or recall, or Champions League Cup then the record does not exist yet.

I'm hoping you do mean unbeaten runs in all competitions not against individual teams which would be even more stupid.

Post #438754  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:04 pm 

Bernard wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

I can't see Wenger not being offered a new contract, even if we finish outside the top four and don't win the Champions League or Premiership. When he does leave, I expect it to be his own decision. If gooner7 is right and Wenger won't retire unless Arsenal wins either the Champions League or domestic title, I reckon it'll be a very long time before he goes making it a long wait for those looking forward to his departure. It might even take a serious illness including an advanced physical or mental decline, or even death, for him to go. Sorry, but I find it very hard to imagine him winning the Premiership again or Champions League for the first time. I hope he doesn't mind me saying but Exiled once told me he thinks Wenger could well turn out to be the third Arsenal manager to die in post (Herbert Chapman and Tom Whittaker being the others). If he won't retire until he wins either of those trophies, I suspect Exiled could well turn out to be right.

It is difficult to see this team winning the ECL. It is even more difficult to see Wenger achieve it with his current style of management. The highest hope is that he is so desperate to make it, and goes out to get at least 2 top players in January. Then we see Alexis, Özil, Čech & Ospina, Iwobi and Bellerin with better company. Kos, Xhaka, Elneny, Le Coq & Mustafi will then become more composed players at the back.

Monreal might just hold it at left back till a better replacement comes in the summer.

The un-mentioned names cannot be counted on, for lack of consistency, drive and injuries.

Hopefully we get a better Wilshere back in the summer. A more experienced Asano back in the summer. And, my strongest hope is to see Campbell drafted back in again.

Post #438755  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:07 pm 

Match may be a good time to give Perez a run out. Ox probably. Gibbs. But we will need a solid midfield. Soton are no pushovers.

Post #438756  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:26 pm 

Wow! Just saw on the news. Condolences to families and friends and supporters of Chapecoense. :icon_sad1:

Post #438757  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:18 pm 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38140981 :icon_sad1:

Post #438758  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:35 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Match may be a good time to give Perez a run out

I doubt he can actually run yet. Are you suggesting we shove him out there with a walking stick?

Post #438759  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:33 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Match may be a good time to give Perez a run out

I doubt he can actually run yet. Are you suggesting we shove him out there with a walking stick?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38073806

According to the beeb Perez is available

Post #438760  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 pm 

Rich wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38073806

According to the beeb Perez is available

Apologies then American, it appears he can run after all *eats humble pie*

[ 548398 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10966, 10967, 10968, 10969, 10970, 10971, 10972 ... 13710  Next