Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, john1, mcquilkie and 260 guests

Post #510121  Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 8:32 pm 

I wouldn’t go anywhere near Tielemans even on a free transfer. I good technical player but he hasn’t looked fit or mobile and athletic enough for a while now. We’re talking about potential upgrades for Xhaka in that left 8 role, Tielemans for me is not an upgrade on Xhaka at all

Post #510122  Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 8:55 pm 

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/ ... -j6VVZXEoA

This is interesting to hear the conversation between var and the onfield ref for the penalty ruled out for Newcastle against us. More transparency like this is required.

Obviously this one has been hand picked by Webb to show a clear and good over turn, no fan can really disagree with the end result here. Next they need to show us the talk and process on those controversial decisions, I can give them a few from our games if they’re struggling to think of any

Post #510123  Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:07 pm 

Rich wrote:
I wouldn’t go anywhere near Tielemans even on a free transfer. I good technical player but he hasn’t looked fit or mobile and athletic enough for a while now. We’re talking about potential upgrades for Xhaka in that left 8 role, Tielemans for me is not an upgrade on Xhaka at all

He’s been flirting for a move for a while but let’s be honest here. Would signing him for 30 million last summer made more sense than signing vieira ? I think if we did that he would have taken a lot of minutes off xhaka and Ødegaard

Post #510124  Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:08 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
socrates wrote:
Oh, do get over yourself. Stop being so precious.

It's not a disappointing attack on anyone. All the players I have mentioned have had fine seasons (as I said) but the reality is that if you want to genuinely compete with City and compete for the league and CL then these questions have to be asked.

I still see Ben White as primarily a CB and would happily see him amongst four or five CBs competing for starting berths next season. All of them should get plenty of minutes if we rotate properly given the number of tough games we will have to play.

Partey had a brilliant 3/4 of the season then his form inexplicably fell off a cliff. Even yesterday he came on and looked a shadow of the player we know he can be. Is he playing with an injury, have off-field issues effected him mentally?

Gabi Jesus is fantastically gifted technically but he's not really a no.9, he's not clinical and spends too much time in midfield areas. I know he had a bad injury and maybe that has hampered his form in recent weeks but you have to ask if we do need, at the very least, the option of a more traditional no.9 going forward.

Xhaka has had an extraordinary season but we saw his limitations yesterday when he struggled to keep up with the pace and intensity of Brighton's high tempo passing game.

Jorginho has done a brilliant job but doesn't have the athleticism or power of a Rice or Caicedo.

Zinchenko is perhaps the biggest question mark because he adds so much offensively in that inverted fullback role but he can't defend and that's a massive risk that teams have increasingly identified as our weak link.

A lot to think about for Arteta and Co.

I agree with every syllable of this.

Well then you are another tadger. This lot got us to 2nd

Post #510125  Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:12 pm 

Rich wrote:
Wholesale changes aren’t required. Each summer window has had a slightly different theme under Arteta.

Year 1, plug defence and central midfield with two key players, it’s all the budget allowed and scrap around with loans and cheap players for the rest. Plus a big purge of not good enough or wrong attitude players

Year 2, much of the same on outgoings, even paying up contracts to get bad eggs out. Recruit young, prem ready players in mid price brackets, mostly in defensive positions. Fix the gk position most didn’t feel needed fixing. This was about raising the floor of the team

Year 3, buying experienced but young ‘winners’, 4 of 7 senior signings come from prem clubs

Year 4. For me now this is where we sign a max of 4 players but some will be that special player to raise the ceiling of what you can achieve. This needs to be the equivalent of Liverpool’s signings of Van Dijk and Allison for £145m

Last year we had a net spend of £170m without champions league. CL should be another £60-80m in revenue.

It’s an interesting summer ahead, I think you might see some extreme decisions. Most of our back ups can’t play our system. I think you might see some unfashionable departures this summer that will have our bed wetters upset

Post #510126  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 5:44 am 

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/statu ... -j6VVZXEoA

The var audio from Trossard’s disallowed goal for White holding the gk. Everything the PGMOL have released is clear but now show us the var audio from the goal Villa scored from the corner when Ramsdale was being blocked and held far more than this, then get Webb to explain how his officials decided both decisions came to a different conclusion.

I do think this one is a foul but there is something about the ‘I’ve got a suspicion there is a foul’ that is a little bit uncomfortable. It’s like they are trying to find any reason to disallow a goal when many VAR checks appear to be over in no time at all.

Post #510127  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 5:58 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Haven’t heard from LTG in a while, hope he’s ok.

Hopefully he’s somewhere hot wasting away again in Margaritaville Searching for his lost shaker of salt

Hi. I sent him a message. I hope he's ok...
Edit - Yes he's ok. He's just taking a break ...

Post #510128  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:23 am 

David Raya from Brentford is almost certainly on the market this summer, Brentford are about to sign a £13m gk to be his replacement and want £40m for Raya- who interestingly qualifies under home grown status due to a spell with Blackburn when he was very young. Spurs should be all over this.

Post #510129  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:31 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:
Wholesale changes aren’t required. Each summer window has had a slightly different theme under Arteta.

Year 1, plug defence and central midfield with two key players, it’s all the budget allowed and scrap around with loans and cheap players for the rest. Plus a big purge of not good enough or wrong attitude players

Year 2, much of the same on outgoings, even paying up contracts to get bad eggs out. Recruit young, prem ready players in mid price brackets, mostly in defensive positions. Fix the gk position most didn’t feel needed fixing. This was about raising the floor of the team

Year 3, buying experienced but young ‘winners’, 4 of 7 senior signings come from prem clubs

Year 4. For me now this is where we sign a max of 4 players but some will be that special player to raise the ceiling of what you can achieve. This needs to be the equivalent of Liverpool’s signings of Van Dijk and Allison for £145m

Last year we had a net spend of £170m without champions league. CL should be another £60-80m in revenue.

It’s an interesting summer ahead, I think you might see some extreme decisions. Most of our back ups can’t play our system. I think you might see some unfashionable departures this summer that will have our bed wetters upset

Tierney and Emile Smith Rowe.
I’d be more upset to see Emile Smith Rowe go as I don’t think we’ve seen him in this new system Arteta plays where I think he’d do well in Ødegaard’s role - I’m less convinced about having both him and Ødegaard in the same team as advanced 8’s - it feels a bit lightweight and too gung-ho.
The bad feeling o have if he does go is we won’t get anywhere near what we should be getting - which is not necessarily what he’s worth - it’s what the going rate is. When Forest are spending £45m on Gibbs-White then Emile Smith Rowe is worth at least that.
Same for Tierney, if Newcastle want him as their left-back then it’s £50m, that’s what we paid for Ben white and not shy of what Newcastle paid for Anthony Gordon

Post #510130  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:38 am 

I know it won’t happen but if we have a £200m budget before outgoings then I don’t think we could go far wrong by spending most of it on Rice and Caicedo. Even if they ended up as the only signings we bought in I think they lift our level massively. Both can play as a deep 6 or a box to box 8. I think £200m would get you both of them.

In an emergency Rice can play CB and Caicedo has shown he can play right-back as well.

We should be able to raise another £30m from selling deadwood before we even talk about selling Tierney, Emile Smith Rowe and Balogun - that money can go towards another right sided CB or another attacker.

Fixing that athleticism and power in CM is the key for me this summer

Post #510131  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:41 am 

Rich wrote:
I know it won’t happen but if we have a £200m budget before outgoings then I don’t think we could go far wrong by spending most of it on Rice and Caicedo. Even if they ended up as the only signings we bought in I think they lift our level massively. Both can play as a deep 6 or a box to box 8. I think £200m would get you both of them.

In an emergency Rice can play CB and Caicedo has shown he can play right-back as well.

We should be able to raise another £30m from selling deadwood before we even talk about selling Tierney, Emile Smith Rowe and Balogun - that money can go towards another right sided CB or another attacker.

Fixing that athleticism and power in CM is the key for me this summer

Hi Rich,

Rice and Caicedo would seem like an incredible pair of signings, even if it means moving Partey on.

Of course, expensive signings don't always live up to their price tags so it is entirely possible that we would regret moving Partey on but given the age profile and the injury records, not to mention off the field distractions, it would seem like a very shrewd move to replace Partey with those two.

Not that I think it will happen. We might get one or the other but there are a lot of clubs in the mix for these two proven PL players.

I think we desperately need a worldclass no 9. Preferably with pace, power and an eye for goal.

If we could find a really high quality attacking RB I'd consider buying him and allowing White to compete with Saliba and Gabriel for CB whilst still providing high quality cover for the RB area.

A right sided winger to compete with Saka would be a great option as well.

In answer to your question, Rice and Caicedo would be a formidable pair of signings and totally transform our midfield so even just signing those two alone would potentially lift us to another level.

Post #510132  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:37 am 

Someone sent me this a couple of weeks ago. Came from now.arsenal re-posted on Twitter:

“ It's been reported Mikel Arteta is coaching Emile Smith Rowe the number eight position, where Granit Xhaka currently plays, ahead of next season.
We saw when Gabriel Martinelli picked up a long-term injury, Mikel Arteta took his time introducing him back into the side and it's expected the Arsenal boss is doing the same with Arsenal's number ten.
Smith Rowe is currently training to play in the central midfield area as Arteta aims to teach him a deeper role ahead of next season, when the player is expected to play a more crucial role in the side.
Arteta's previous success in transitioning David Silva at Manchester City could bode well for the England international.
He's expected to have a much more important role next season and it's extremely unlikely he'll be sold this summer. #afc”

Post #510133  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:19 am 

DHD wrote:
Someone sent me this a couple of weeks ago. Came from now.arsenal re-posted on Twitter:

“ It's been reported Mikel Arteta is coaching Emile Smith Rowe the number eight position, where Granit Xhaka currently plays, ahead of next season.
We saw when Gabriel Martinelli picked up a long-term injury, Mikel Arteta took his time introducing him back into the side and it's expected the Arsenal boss is doing the same with Arsenal's number ten.
Smith Rowe is currently training to play in the central midfield area as Arteta aims to teach him a deeper role ahead of next season, when the player is expected to play a more crucial role in the side.
Arteta's previous success in transitioning David Silva at Manchester City could bode well for the England international.
He's expected to have a much more important role next season and it's extremely unlikely he'll be sold this summer. #afc”

I bet you a pint of the Coronets finest ale he ain’t with us in august when we go again.

Post #510134  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:20 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

I bet you a pint of the Coronets finest ale he ain’t with us in august when we go again.

You may be right TG but I sincerely hope you're wrong. Like many, I really rate Emile Smith Rowe - he's a real fans' favourite. He used to look like a potential world-beater but we've seen nothing of him at all this season. The suggestion that he can't play anywhere at all in our current system just amazes me.

Post #510135  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:02 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Well then you are another tadger. This lot got us to 2nd

That all you've got. Run along your mummy is calling you for lunch.

Post #510136  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:04 am 

DHD wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You may be right TG but I sincerely hope you're wrong. Like many, I really rate Emile Smith Rowe - he's a real fans' favourite. He used to look like a potential world-beater but we've seen nothing of him at all this season. The suggestion that he can't play anywhere at all in our current system just amazes me.

He’s a cracking player but doesn’t fit our system.

See the tackle Xhaka made the other week when he blocked a shot/goal in the penalty area ? No matter how much coaching takes place he won’t ever do that. We need a gundogan type not a 10.

Sad love Emile Smith Rowe

Post #510137  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:05 am 

warrior wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Haven’t heard from LTG in a while, hope he’s ok.

Hopefully he’s somewhere hot wasting away again in Margaritaville Searching for his lost shaker of salt

Hi. I sent him a message. I hope he's ok...
Edit - Yes he's ok. He's just taking a break ...

Perfecto

Post #510138  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 2:45 pm 

Brilliant season...albeit still two games to go.
Although we cannot be caught for second I'd still like us to go all out for victory and finish strong( I'm assuming first place is now out of reach)

Well done to the core group of players who took City all the way.....what makes it so frustrating is those little things that cost us so dear.....VAR at Man U and Southampton and home to Brentford
Dropping 4 points to Southampton, losing away at Everton.....away to West Ham when we were killing them and Partey tries to be clever and we end up conceding a (dodgy) penalty and let them back in
They say these things even themselves out over a season and I guess it's true.....Murphy's shot goes in instead of hitting the post away to Newcastle and we are one down.....Jorginho's shot that could have bounced out at Villa but hit the GK and went in....etc....
That said we were so tantalisingly close....I think we all thought in our heart of hearts we couldn't pip City but as each week went by that bubble of optimism that you try to keep buried would creep in to your head and you thought....hmmm just maybe....

.I really believe this was our best shot to win the League....almost a Leicester type year when all the stars aligned.....all the other big guns....CFC, Man U, Liverpool, Spurs falling by the wayside for one reason or another....this was our chance.....ah well.

Anyhow credit to the organization, coaching staff and players who gave us a great season and hope for the future

Decision time for MA and the club....I think the squad can be broken down as follows... the core group who I'd like to keep
Ramsdale
Tomiyasu
White
Saliba
Gabriel
Zinchenko
Tierney
Partey
Xhaka
Odegard
Saka
Trossard
Martinelli
Jesus
Jorginho

Then those we can hopefully get a few quid for to help the transfer pot or get them off the payroll
AMN
Soares
Pépé
Lokonga
Tavares
Mari

Then those who MA needs to make a decision about....stay or sell to add to the transfer fund
Nketiah
Nelson
Elneny
Turner (not convinced)
Vieira
Holding
Emile Smith Rowe
I guess you could add Tierney to this group and remove Nketiah if Balogun goes

Two recent purchases who I guess will stay
Kiwior
Marquinhos

Then any youngsters ready for a step up
Balogun
Cozier-Duberry
Norton-Cuffy
Trusty

I note Rich said he's keeping a list of transfer targets as reported in the media and is up to 15!

Whatever we do we have to remember we are in the CL next season and really must have two quality players for every position plus some squaddies

Well done Arsenal. Love you and proud to be a supporter.

Post #510139  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 2:54 pm 

Very interesting debate on the post Invincible era.

Post #510140  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:03 pm 

Looks like Xhaka is gone. Lots of reliable reports a £15m deal with Leverkusen is almost done with a 4 year contract for Xhaka. He’s had his best season for us and I think we’ll miss his leadership massively - so it’s a risk to move him on, but I can see why he’s not the exact type of player Arteta wants in that left 8 role, even though he’s done brilliantly to adapt to it. His lack of pace, mobility and athleticism goes against him in that position - again he’s masked it very well this year.

Makes me more convinced we’re going for 2 central midfield signings. Trying n out to get too latched on to Rice but he feels like he answers every question and provides that leadership aspect as well.

Post #510141  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:05 pm 

Looks like Xhaka is gone. Lots of reliable reports a £15m deal with Leverkusen is almost done with a 4 year contract for Xhaka. He’s had his best season for us and I think we’ll miss his leadership massively - so it’s a risk to move him on, but I can see why he’s not the exact type of player Arteta wants in that left 8 role, even though he’s done brilliantly to adapt to it. His lack of pace, mobility and athleticism goes against him in that position - again he’s masked it very well this year.

Makes me more convinced we’re going for 2 central midfield signings. Trying n out to get too latched on to Rice but he feels like he answers every question and provides that leadership aspect as well.

I wonder if we’ll make it easy for him to go to Leverkusen to use that in our favour if we want Diaby or Tapsoba from them….or maybe their jewel in the crown Florian Wirtz?
£15m feels too low considering the season he’s had, but if you’re not selling to another prem side or top 10 European side you’re not going to get the value you think you want.

Post #510142  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:20 pm 

Here’s the list so far of players we’ve been linked with that I’ve found in my normal football reading on the internet, only reported by known journalists not ‘in the know’ fans
Gk

Def
Guehi
Fresneda
Satulo
Davyne Rensch
Castagne
Simakan
Tapsoba
Cancelo

Midfield
Rice
Caicedo
Lavia
Zubimendi
Veiga
Milinkovic-Savic
Mount
Xavi Simons

Forwards
Zaha
Raphinha
Asensio
Toney
Torres
Vlahovic
Moussa Diaby

Post #510143  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:55 pm 

socrates wrote:
I think we desperately need a worldclass no 9. Preferably with pace, power and an eye for goal.

If we could find a really high quality attacking RB I'd consider buying him and allowing White to compete with Saliba and Gabriel for CB whilst still providing high quality cover for the RB area.

A right sided winger to compete with Saka would be a great option as well.

I agree on that top class 9, but who is available? And who is available that would come in on budget? Toney? Tammy Abraham? Are they top class? Osimhen is top class but Napoli won’t sell, if they did he’d be £120m+ and we certainly wouldn’t be front of the queue.

I don’t go along with the theory of needing 2 top class players for every position. City don’t have that, they have about 18 or so top class players most of whom can play in a number of positions. Flexibility is key. Not many of their squad only play in one position. Signings like Trossard are key for this, as would be Rice and Caicedo

Post #510144  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:08 pm 

A few bits of news:
Mavropanos is likely to move on this summer and we have a sell on clause. Not sure what % but he’s rated at £25m, some serie A and prem teams interested

Burnley want Lokonga (rumoured £15m plus £5m if they stay up) which would be a reunion with Kompany who coached him at Anderlecht

Caicedo has apologised for his tackle on Martinelli- hopefully making sure he smooths the bridges for a summer move!

Post #510145  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:31 pm 

If Tierney moves on this summer to a prem club and particularly to Newcastle then we must get a huge fee for him. I’ve seen talk of £30m which is an insult. He’s got 3 years left on his deal, Newcastle can afford any fee and any wages. If he was at another top 6 club and we wanted to sign him we’d be quoted a lot more than £30m.

If no club is willing to pay the price then he doesn’t move, he stays at part of the squad.

Post #510146  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:59 pm 

Rich wrote:
Here’s the list so far of players we’ve been linked with that I’ve found in my normal football reading on the internet, only reported by known journalists not ‘in the know’ fans
Gk

Def
Guehi
Fresneda
Satulo
Davyne Rensch
Castagne
Simakan
Tapsoba
Cancelo

Midfield
Rice
Caicedo
Lavia
Zubimendi
Veiga
Milinkovic-Savic
Mount
Xavi Simons

Forwards
Zaha
Raphinha
Asensio
Toney
Torres
Vlahovic
Moussa Diaby

Sacha Boey, defender, at Galatasaray

Post #510147  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:41 pm 

Read an interesting piece of analysis from the Brighton game. In the first half we went very brave man for man and high press, we forced a lot of turnovers from one of the best teams at playing out from the back. Brighton then got braver themselves and pushed Max Allister higher meaning our central midfielders were not sure what to do with him and they also went long to play Mitoma 1v1 against White.
Most crucially once the first goal went in our press was nowhere near as good, like we didn’t trust it any more and we struggled to find any rhythm and wrestle control of the game back.

Go back to West Ham, Liverpool and Southampton games and the same thing happens, we don’t react well to goals going in against us, we lose faith and confidence in what the plan is - the plan for us to play well requires us to be brave. I think these are the things that will frustrate Arteta hugely.

Post #510148  Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:46 pm 

Rich wrote:
A few bits of news:
Mavropanos is likely to move on this summer and we have a sell on clause. Not sure what % but he’s rated at £25m, some serie A and prem teams interested

Burnley want Lokonga (rumoured £15m plus £5m if they stay up) which would be a reunion with Kompany who coached him at Anderlecht

Caicedo has apologised for his tackle on Martinelli- hopefully making sure he smooths the bridges for a summer move!

If he comes to the club and does a tackle like that he will get a card. Are we sure he is not a loose cannon when the red mist descends.

Post #510149  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:19 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Rich wrote:
if we'd beaten Liverpool at Anfield (a monstrous result), and beaten West Ham away (a very good result) and beaten Saints at home (an expected result) we'd still be effectively a point behind City when they play their game in hand. So If we'd done all that and won our final two games we'd have completed the 16 game run in with 14 wins and 2 defeats and even that wouldn't have been enough to beat City to the title.

14 wins from 16, along with getting 50 points after 19 games. Crazy
Yes, that sums it up. City are a great team, so no disgrace at all in finishing second to them. We had an unexpectedly competitive season - in fact, the only team to put a doubt in Guardiola's mind. To do it again will require strengthening, but any idea that wholesale changes are needed, and many of our guys are not up to it, isn't borne out by what they have done this campaign.

I'll keep saying till the cows come home. City haven't lost since February. They have only drawn 3 times in all competitions since February and 2 of those were 2nd leg CL matches when they have won the first tie convincingly enough.

That kind of form wins leagues. The only criticism for us could be not making it as easy for them, but when you lose Jesus for a few months, Partey for a few weeks, considering how thin we are comparatively, it removes some of the criticism.

Two things told me just how capable we are of doing some great things if we get more players and some consistency. Going 2 nil up at Anfield with their home record is immense. Winning away at Newcastle with their home form and overall form is immense. We are a better team than Man Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham, beating them at home and winning 2 of 3 away is consistent with our overall form.

City are just a level or two up for us right now.

Post #510150  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 5:24 am 

Rich wrote:

I wonder if we’ll make it easy for him to go to Leverkusen to use that in our favour if we want Diaby or Tapsoba from them….or maybe their jewel in the crown Florian Wirtz?
£15m feels too low considering the season he’s had, but if you’re not selling to another prem side or top 10 European side you’re not going to get the value you think you want.

I think the move is mutually beneficial.

I believe Pool, Chelsea, MU & Newcastle will be strengthened significantly next season. And Xhaka's lack of pace will be shown up more and more. So moving on after a great season is good for him. Respect him a lot for coming back into becoming one of the fan's favourites after that torrid season. I'll forever eat humble pie for being one of those who slagged him after that poor season.

Arsenal needs an upgrade for the role he is at right now. And the timing is right to get one. We have positioned ourselves as strong contenders in the next season. Additionally, we are now in the ECL, and need to perform above ourselves to remain a respectable team in that competition.

Post #510151  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 6:11 am 

Which two teams does everyone want to finish 3rd and 4th between Man U, Newcastle and Liverpool?
I can make for and against arguments for each of them.

Liverpool not making it helps us with our CL seeding and sends them on gruelling thurs/sun schedule next year as I think they’ll be up there with us in the league

Newcastle not making it puts a slow down on their project

Man U not making it would be the funniest, so I’ll go with them

Post #510152  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 6:38 am 

Amongst all the bottling talk and rubbing from rival fans it made me think about the enjoyment of football. Ultimately we mostly enjoy our teams winning things, but that enjoyment is one game at the end of a long campaign of games. You have to enjoy it as it goes along.
Maybe that’s a lot easier for fans who have seen their team win many trophies to say, but this season has been hugely enjoyable for me. That win on a Saturday puts a spring in your step all week! And the manner of some of the wins were extra special, ok it meant nothing in the end but that last minute winner v Bournemouth was amazing. If we had won the prem this season I can’t think it would have been more dramatic than that moment and in the moment of winning it wouldn’t have been celebrated as much. Of course the celebrations last longer and the memories of winning the trophy are great but once it’s done ‘all’ you have left is the ability next season to bask in the glory of being champions - no small thing - but you’re back in to the weekly ups and downs of the results and seeking that next buzz of a big win.

So we may have fallen short but what an enjoyable season, both games v spurs, both games v Chelsea, Man U at home, Liverpool at home, Newcastle away, late winners v Fulham, villa, Bournemouth….going to tough away days like Brighton and Brentford and playing such care free attacking dominant football. It’s been quite a ride.

Next year we have champions league, I can’t wait to see/hear The Emirates on those nights when a proper big European team come here

Post #510153  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:21 am 

I think Rich makes an interesting point about the ecstatic feeling of the last minute winner against Bournemouth which ultimately won us nothing, yet is still one of my best moments at an Arsenal match. Its so important to really enjoy the good moments in football because winning a trophy is so rare. Its also what is so galling/depressing about the state/oligarch owned clubs winning most of the trophies on offer. The bantz is also part of being a supporter so its no surprise to hear rival fans relishing the idea that we bottled it, but at the end of the day, i'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of fans from all clubs (bar Abu Dhabi City) would love toswap places with us right now.

Post #510154  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:51 am 

Bored wrote:
I think Rich makes an interesting point about the ecstatic feeling of the last minute winner against Bournemouth which ultimately won us nothing, yet is still one of my best moments at an Arsenal match. Its so important to really enjoy the good moments in football because winning a trophy is so rare. Its also what is so galling/depressing about the state/oligarch owned clubs winning most of the trophies on offer. The bantz is also part of being a supporter so its no surprise to hear rival fans relishing the idea that we bottled it, but at the end of the day, i'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of fans from all clubs (bar Abu Dhabi City) would love toswap places with us right now.

The Bournemouth winner was one of my favourite moments as an Arsenal fan believe it or not and I’ve been to finals etc the lot. Just absolute pandemonium when the shot hit the net. Honourable mention for Nketiahs winner v united which was also such a great moment.

Quite a sad ending to the season really just fell short but the season contained many title winning type memories

Post #510155  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 2:46 pm 

Prediction. City 2 or 3 - 1

I think they will win the CL and I want them to win for 2 reasons I have stated before. First, a treble will piss off Man Utd fans, second, a treble will greatly go towards reducing the Arsenal bottled it brigade.

Post #510156  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 4:12 pm 

Toney banned for 8 months with immediate effect.
Won’t play again until the end of Jan

Post #510157  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 4:17 pm 

Rich wrote:

Wow

Post #510158  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 4:48 pm 

My, my, can't make it up.
No Toney shouldn't have done what he did, yet the timing of his 8 month ban is circumstially timed just prior to City's final May 28 game against Brenford. Possible icing on the cake last game to win the title if it's not already done against Chelsea. After all, Toney is an Arse target in the sumner. Just might scupper transfer options. Very interesting this.

Post #510159  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 4:52 pm 

Rich wrote:

Half the clubs in the PL sponsored by gambling companies. Every ad break during football coverage dominated by gambling companies. In play betting. Sky even with their own super 6 or whatever it is called. So they absolutely hammer Ivan Toney.

Post #510160  Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 4:54 pm 

Zed wrote:
My, my, can't make it up.
No Toney shouldn't have done what he did, yet the timing of his 8 month ban is circumstially timed just prior to City's final May 28 game against Brenford. Possible icing on the cake last game to win the title if it's not already done against Chelsea. After all, Toney is an Arse target in the sumner. Just might scupper transfer options. Very interesting this.

I think you need to take off the tinfoil hat, Zed.

[ 520210 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12751, 12752, 12753, 12754, 12755, 12756, 12757 ... 13006  Next