Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 218 guests

Post #506961  Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:48 pm 

England laying down a marker with a dominant display

Post #506962  Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:49 pm 

Wow. They make it seem easy but it's obvious its extremely difficult.

Post #506963  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:12 am 

Armand Traore, now that's a name from the past. Very promising at one point. Remember him well.

https://talksport.com/football/754697/a ... etirement/
EXCLUSIVE: Former Arsenal and QPR defender hits back at ‘bad egg’ verdict and reveals Turkey frustrations may lead to early retirement

Post #506964  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:29 am 

What's the difference? A 17 year old, crosses state lines with an assault rifle, that in itself makes him an active criminal. He shoots 2 people and the right wing in America have raised 10s of thousands for his defense saying 'He was defending himself'. According to whom? He went there to kill. But we are at the point in America where if you murder someone who doesn't agree with you politically its justified. Essentially, that's the essence of the reason why he's being defended.

Attachments:

Post #506965  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:34 am 

john1 wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

He is being picked to do a job and his political views are neither here nor there.

Of course his views are relevant. They influence his thinking (obviously), but more importantly they influence what our intended trading partners think of us. It would be daft and outright naïve to think otherwise.

Back to talking rubbish John?

The guy has a Lesbian sister and attended her wedding. His female assistant says he is not a mysoginist. He keeps his views to himself but does have a habit of doing 'Prince Philippy' things. He is a Catholic and holds the views most of them hold.

He has signed trade deals and is highly respected by the peolple he deals with.

What has any of that got to do with his inability to assist us and asdvise us on doing trade deals?

Woke, woke, woke. Wtf do they know about anything..............

Post #506966  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:27 am 

bubblechris wrote:
john1 wrote:

Of course his views are relevant. They influence his thinking (obviously), but more importantly they influence what our intended trading partners think of us. It would be daft and outright naïve to think otherwise.

The guy has a Lesbian sister and attended her wedding. His female assistant says he is not a mysoginist. He keeps his views to himself but does have a habit of doing 'Prince Philippy' things. He is a Catholic and holds the views most of them hold.

What has any of that got to do with his inability to assist us and asdvise us on doing trade deals?

I call b%*&s%*^ on you

Post #506967  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:28 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

I call b%*&s%*^ on you

Just so that is clear bull sh*t

Post #506968  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 am 

Arsenal lost a friendly 3-2 to Villa yesterday. Aubameyang scored both goals for us, Pépé, Willian, Lacazette, Saliba, Ceballos and even Özil were involved - but no more details than that.

I'm not concerned about friendly results. The performance in the Community Shield gave me hope for the season, particularly when we went much more toe to toe with Liverpool than when we beat them at the Emirates when they gifted us two goals and penned us in for most of the game.

We play Liverpool, Man City and Man U away in our first 7 or so games. The tactics should already be sorted for each of those games.

Post #506969  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:59 am 

Rich wrote:
Arsenal lost a friendly 3-2 to Villa yesterday.

Any idea if it was at the Emirates or Villa Park, Rich? The mentions I’ve seen of it did not even say that?

Post #506970  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:48 pm 

Random thought while watching some Henry goals. Many of his goals and I'll argue his favorite type of goal is to go down the left flank and shoot far side.

It's classic Henry and I wonder why GKs didn't adapt?

Post #506971  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:13 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Random thought while watching some Henry goals. Many of his goals and I'll argue his favorite type of goal is to go down the left flank and shoot far side.

This is the clear far and away front runner for the stupidest post of 2020

A) has it took you this long to notice this ?

B) they haven’t got barely any time to set themselves to cover the far corner as he was so quick he’s on them in seconds

Gonna take some effort to beat this effort American but I’m backing you mate.

Post #506972  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:33 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:
Arsenal lost a friendly 3-2 to Villa yesterday.

Any idea if it was at the Emirates or Villa Park, Rich? The mentions I’ve seen of it did not even say that?

I think I saw it was at the Emirates but I can't be certain

Post #506973  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:11 pm 

Lost at the Ems.

https://dailycannon.com/2020/09/arsenal ... -saturday/

Post #506974  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:27 pm 

Nketiah to Newcastle possibly according to reports. This one would make sense in my opinion.

Post #506975  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:40 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I'm happy we are the beneficiaries but something is obviously wrong with how they come up with these coefficients.
How the hell are we ahead of Tottenham and Chelsea? I see they use previous seasons but I'd be pissed off were I a fan of the other 2 London sides. It could happen to us one day. It doesn't seem fair, looks designed to keep big clubs in it but I'm not mathematician.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2020

Why wouldn't we be ahead of Spurs????
We've been poor but we've managed to win the cup a couple of time and been in a European final and generally done well in the Europa. Spurs have zip except for one CL runners up :1laughter:

Post #506976  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:40 pm 

I'm not going to make much of the Villa friendly without knowing exactly what happened. Clubs are trying different formations. I'm also guessing a lot of substituting, etc. Blackpool were up 2-0 in their friendly against Liverpool before Klopp decided that was enough.

Post #506977  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:48 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

This is the clear far and away front runner for the stupidest post of 2020

A) has it took you this long to notice this ?

B) they haven’t got barely any time to set themselves to cover the far corner as he was so quick he’s on them in seconds

Gonna take some effort to beat this effort American but I’m backing you mate.

I was marveling at #515567 for its display of gratuitous vapidity ... but you are right. This is in 'goal of the season territory' ... bent around the left hand of the keeper into the far corner with aplomb.

Post #506978  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:09 pm 

Edu hinting at signings to come. Who would have thought Edu would be adept at the business side of the game? I wonder if it was something the club saw in him or they gave him a job and he grew into the role?

Post #506979  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:11 pm 

Currently making my famous Top Gun chicken, leek and mushroom pie for the kids. Listening to music whilst making it and I’ve put on Led Zeppelin IV album on.

I’m not the biggest rock n roll fan in the world and I’m not actually a massive zeppelin fan either but it’s surely a contender for the greatest music album of all time.

It seems a showcase for musical talent and people determined to show the breadth of their own musical talent. No track sounds similar, complete comfort in changing musical variety, percussions and product. Possibly the greatest of all time

Post #506980  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:24 pm 

So its Leicester in the cup. Oh well.
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-arsenal-carabao-cup-4490357

Post #506981  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Currently making my famous Top Gun chicken, leek and mushroom pie for the kids. Listening to music whilst making it and I’ve put on Led Zeppelin IV album on.

I’m not the biggest rock n roll fan in the world and I’m not actually a massive zeppelin fan either but it’s surely a contender for the greatest music album of all time.

It seems a showcase for musical talent and people determined to show the breadth of their own musical talent. No track sounds similar, complete comfort in changing musical variety, percussions and product. Possibly the greatest of all time

I bought it when it first came out. I’ve no longer got a record player so am unable to listen to any of the many vinyl record I have, albums or singles. Just went to dig it out after reading your post. Very good album, with Stairway to Heaven easily being my favourite track from it.

For me Stairway to Heaven was so far ahead of the rest, I don’t see Led Zeppelin IV as possibly the greatest of all time. Musical tastes can only be personal so it’s fair enough if you do. But I haven’t bothered getting it on DVD, which I would had I been desperate to listen to it again. Excluding ‘greatest hits’ albums, one that I do see as my own ‘possibly the greatest of all time’ is (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis.

Post #506982  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:22 pm 

https://www.football365.com/news/lyon-r ... ssem-aouar

Arsenal bid of £31 plus 'a player' rejected by Lyon for Aouar.

If we can somehow replace Guendouzi and Torreira with Aouar and Partey then Edu and Arteta are geniuses

Post #506983  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:25 pm 

Few rumours of Newcaste wanting Nketiah on loan. If our squad was a bit deeper I'd definitely welcome Nketiah to Newcastle on loan, same goes for Willock and Smith-Rowe as long as it is prem clubs. A full season in the prem for all of these youngsters would be brilliant, but currently we need them and they'll play in europe and the cups.

Post #506984  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:12 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Definitely one of the greatest albums of the 70s. My favorite track is Black Dog, closely followed by When the Levee Breaks - perfect bookends to a true masterpiece.

Post #506985  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:02 am 

Coventry impressed with our loanee Ben Sheaf thus far. He was loaned to Doncaster last season.
https://insidefutbol.com/2020/09/06/hes-got-footballing-brain-coventry-boss-delighted-with-arsenal-loanee/470765/

Post #506986  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:08 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I call b%*&s%*^ on you

Woke walking to you :1laughter:

Post #506987  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:09 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Just to be clear that's w a n k I n g to you :42laughter:

Post #506988  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am 

So many times watching old videos of Pires waiting for a tap and Henry takes it himself. Its funny. The same repeated with Wiltord but not as many times.
I like watching these old videos. Especially Henry because you know what's going to happen: left flank, far right. All the time. GKs didn't really do much against it. I'm guessing in the heat of the moment, you can't think but go to training. Cover the short side and hope you get your angles right for the far side. Henry still got it through...still amazing seeing it years later. It was his signature move, everyone knew, we all knew at the time.

Watching Bergkamp is more amazing to me, no disrespect to Henry. Bergkamp had a bit more improvisation I think. One can argue about that between them and perhaps a case can be made. Bergkamp more improvisation with passing and perhaps Henry because of his skillset a wee bit more on goals.

Fabregas was the second best passer to Bergkamp in my humble opinion, Henry's incredible assist record not withstanding. Reyes wasn't bad from distance with seemingly laying it on a pin head from 50 or more yards out.

Post #506989  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:49 am 

Rich wrote:
https://www.football365.com/news/lyon-reject-arsenal-bid-for-houssem-aouar

Arsenal bid of £31 plus 'a player' rejected by Lyon for Aouar.

If we can somehow replace Guendouzi and Torreira with Aouar and Partey then Edu and Arteta are geniuses

If we can pull that double, it may be the best 'double' since '02 :icon_mrgreen:
Partey is much more valuable for me. We have Ceballos and Özil still. Neither are as effective for differing reasons (Ceballos isn't as good, Özil is not motivated but has more skill). We don't have anyone close to Partey though.

If we get both wish has been granted. Replace central defenders and a DCM. Anything else is gravy.

Post #506990  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:06 am 

bubblechris wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Just to be clear that's w a n k I n g to you :42laughter:

Yes you would be an Abbott supporter - all class

Post #506991  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:25 am 

Interesting. According to the graph we are higher than Chelsea (surprising), both Milan clubs (not too surprised actually), And we are so far down in trophies, CL appearances, etc. Everyone else in the list (sans Man Utd) are perennial CL clubs often in the semis and finals. We can't even get in and are barely in Europa.

Attachments:

Post #506992  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:38 am 

The summer 2020 transfer window started on 27 July and is open for 10 weeks, ending on 5 October. A domestic-only window, during which Premier League clubs can only trade with those in the EFL, will run from 5 October to 17:00 BST on 16 October.

We have time but I'd like to get our business done as soon as possible. If we don't get Partey, I'd like a similar type of player. I am sure we have a back up. I hope he would be in the same mold as Partey, quick, and not afraid to get stuck in.

Post #506993  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:58 am 

john1 wrote:

Next time you are going for surgery be sure to check that the surgeon has the correct political views. It is so important.

Post #506994  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:41 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
john1 wrote:

Next time you are going for surgery be sure to check that the surgeon has the correct political views. It is so important.

Then imagine after your death your family realises the surgeon was never a surgeon in the first place

Post #506995  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:54 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
john1 wrote:

Try reading what I wrote again. And the post I was responding to.

But then again, attention to detail and intelligence seem to be traits sorely lacking in extremist Brexiteers.

Which is what has got us into this mess in the first place. (And not forgetting the not so casual racism of course).

Post #506996  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:01 pm 

I read an article that said Ferguson had set up a transfer of Thiago before he retired and lined up the transfer for Moyes. Moyes dropped it and went after Fellaini. The reason he didn't take Thiago was reportedly he didn't know anything about him, hadn't heard of him.

Post #506997  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:02 pm 

john1 wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Try reading what I wrote again. And the post I was responding to.

But then again, attention to detail and intelligence seem to be traits sorely lacking in extremist Brexiteers.

Which is what has got us into this mess in the first place. (And not forgetting the not so casual racism of course).

I am not a Brexiteer but being British. The charges of misogyny against Abbot ring pretty hollow given he has a stunning wife and 3 stunning daughters all well educated and very high achievers. The daughters have repeatedly said their dad encouraged them to be anything they wanted and never held them back. Abbot got up the noses of the biens pensents semi-skimmed late liberals and all kinds of labels were thrown at him.

Post #506998  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:28 pm 

Villa have increased their bid to 20 million for Martinez.

Surely too much to turn down given we can’t guarantee his first team place.

Post #506999  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:32 pm 

Sell Bellerin for 35 plus Martinez for 20. Sign raya to replace Martinez and you have 45 million left for Partey.

Post #507000  Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:56 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Villa have increased their bid to 20 million for Martinez.

Surely too much to turn down given we can’t guarantee his first team place.

Considering his quality I don’t think £20m is enough for Martinez. That’s the sort of price a promising kid would fetch. Imagine how much Everton would get for Pickford if they sold, and given the choice of Martinez or Pickford for me it’s Martinez every day of the week.

I didn’t realise but Leno and Martinez are both 28. I’d always assumed Leno was older than the six months distance between their dates of birth (Leno 4th March 1992 and Martinez 2nd September 1992).

[ 563336 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12672, 12673, 12674, 12675, 12676, 12677, 12678 ... 14084  Next