Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: bubblechris, Decaf, john1, mcquilkie, Rich, warrior and 300 guests

Post #500241  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:17 am 

I will follow with interest what happens in the Henderson matter. If it was a racist remark they may find themselves in a difficult position. If it becomes Gabriel's word against Henderson I will look on and watch the squirming begin. First of all they should ask the Liverpool player who also appeared outraged what was said.

But if he goes to ground on it there will be no winners from there. So until i know if it is a racist allegation I suppose its not a story. But the longer it goes on the more suspicious I get.

Post #500242  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:55 am 

Andy Green wrote:
Rich wrote:
Can anyone name these 2 ex-Arsenal players from these recent photos of them?

One I saw in the paper earlier this week…Rami Shabaan

Correct

Post #500243  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:55 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
Can anyone name these 2 ex-Arsenal players from these recent photos of them?

Is the first one Nelson Vivas?

Correct

Post #500244  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:05 am 

I thought about doing this the other day to see if the amount Arteta had spent and the amount of players he’d bought, and see how that compared to the other big 6 in the same timeframe. So these are the figures
Arsenal - £343m on 19 players @ £18m per player

Spurs - £339m on 19 players @ £17.8m per player

Man U - £418m on 14 players @ £29.8m per player

Chelsea - £551m on 16 players @ £34.4m per player

Liverpool - £234m on 8 players @ £29.2m per player

Man City - £402m on 14 players @ £28.7m per player

I think people use Arteta’s spend against him simply because he didn’t make top 4. “£300m for 5th” is heard a lot. But the reality is he had so much more to do with the squad than any of the other top 6.

So for spurs fans the amount spent and the number of players bought is virtually identical since Arteta took over. They got CL we got a trophy. I certainly know which squad I’d rather have going forward. Arteta has got far better value for money in my view

Post #500245  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:34 am 

john1 wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Wtf are you all so gullible?

Given you seem to be the only one arguing that all is rosy, against a few who aren’t, as far as gullibility is concerned I’d suggest a good look in the mirror.

Oh, and a major head wobble.

Talking about head wobbles do you remember when I was calling for no lock downs and that we should be following the Swedish model? No; I bet you don't.

Post #500246  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:35 am 

TG you are the ultimate cretin. Blame Truss for having a different opinion but don't blame the Government fir high interest rates. They are owned by Biden and Co.

Post #500247  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:47 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TG you are the ultimate cretin. Blame Truss for having a different opinion but don't blame the Government fir high interest rates. They are owned by Biden and Co.

b%*&s%*^. Intereste rates were gradually climbing, granted, but the clusterfuck of a mini-budget was a catastrophe for sterling. I was in the throes of remortgaging and my offer was withdrawn and then re-offered at another 1.5% on top of the original offer. I was told this was a direct result of the Kwarteng masterclass in stupidity.

Do you rememebr when the BBC put on that cab driver by mistake believeing he was someone else? That's Liz Truss basically.

Post #500248  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:22 am 

bubblechris wrote:

Chris you helmet I wasn’t even talking to you.

You do realise though she’s toast though right ? No way will they let her take an election now. It’s just a case of when they decide to boot her not if. She’s going to get mullered at the next election

…. And if that’s the case how has she not screwed up massively.

The funny thing is if she hadn’t gone through with this crazy plan then she would have still been favourite to win the next election but it doesn’t work like that with tories who think that if they offered magic beans and bribes they could have made sure for certain and it backfired

Post #500249  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:44 am 

Arteta is 10th in the all time list of points per game for premier league managers with at least 50 games.

To think there was once a debate over who was better Arteta, Lampard or Solksjaer

Post #500250  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:55 am 

Darren wrote:
Do you rememebr when the BBC put on that cab driver by mistake believeing he was someone else?

Post #500251  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:28 am 

warrior wrote:
Darren wrote:
Do you rememebr when the BBC put on that cab driver by mistake believeing he was someone else?

Did you post this YouTube clip because you thought that the mostly quite elderly membership of the forum is incapable of googling a video, if we actually want to see it? How condescending. We're not idiots, rog. We know how to use the inte

Post #500252  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:37 am 

[*]nret

Post #500253  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:43 am 

We have it in us to win our next three league games before we go to Stamford Bridge. Leeds away on Sunday seems like the most difficult one of the three on paper, they're a pretty tricky team that runs, fouls and win duels more than most teams in the league.

I'm mostly looking at Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd of the teams below us right now - I think Liverpool are better than all three, but they are currently 14 points behind us so they'll need to find some form and catch up before they can be seen as a worry. Feel it's to early in the season to start looking at Man City, as I'm expecting them to pull away at some point during the season. The next three games for Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd:

Tottenham:
Everton (H), Man Utd (A), Newcastle (A)

Man Utd:
Newcastle (H), Tottenham (H), Chelsea (A)

Chelsea:
Aston Villa (A), Brentford (A), Man Utd (H)

We have an excellent opportunity to pull further ahead if we win all three of our games, with our main rivals facing each other and having a few other tricky fixtures in there as well.

Post #500254  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:24 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
[*]nret

:sign19:

Post #500255  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:24 am 

bubblechris wrote:
john1 wrote:

Given you seem to be the only one arguing that all is rosy, against a few who aren’t, as far as gullibility is concerned I’d suggest a good look in the mirror.

Oh, and a major head wobble.

Given your hatred of the Conservatives and your love of anything Labour can you tell us why you want Keir Starmer to lead them to victory?

Reason one for not wanting them, All their Mayors are failing even Burnham has let down the public with his support of a Police Chief who is useless.
Reason two all the Pakistani Grooming gangs are active in Labour areas and they are keeping things hush hush.
Reason three all the major cities are traffic congested and all the money spent on cycle lanes was a waste as cyclists won'r use them.
Reason four London knife crime is going up and up. Even under Johnson it went down not up same as with crime.
Reason five immigration they will impose no limits.
Reason six they will not make any attempts to stop the boats in fact they support the Albanians etc who have criminal records and have repeatedly backed solicitors who encourage them to say they would be abused if sent back home.
Etc etc etc.

You forgot the head of the Labour party can't define what is a woman.

Post #500256  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:28 am 

Rich wrote:
Cl groups taking shape after 4 games. Current likely 3rd place teams:
A: Ajax or Rangers
B: Porto, Atletico,
C: Barcelona
D: too tight to call, could be any from 3, unlikely to be spurs
E: too tight to call, could be any from 3, unlikely to be chelsea
F: Shaktar or leipzig
G: Sevilla or Copenhagen
H: Juve or Maccabi Haifa

Hi Rich
Posted something similar a few days ago.
Strong possibility we could have Atletico , AC Milan , Juventus and Barcelona dropping down to Europa.
Just f****** typical!!

Post #500257  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:28 am 

Gunfire wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Given your hatred of the Conservatives and your love of anything Labour can you tell us why you want Keir Starmer to lead them to victory?

Reason one for not wanting them, All their Mayors are failing even Burnham has let down the public with his support of a Police Chief who is useless.
Reason two all the Pakistani Grooming gangs are active in Labour areas and they are keeping things hush hush.
Reason three all the major cities are traffic congested and all the money spent on cycle lanes was a waste as cyclists won'r use them.
Reason four London knife crime is going up and up. Even under Johnson it went down not up same as with crime.
Reason five immigration they will impose no limits.
Reason six they will not make any attempts to stop the boats in fact they support the Albanians etc who have criminal records and have repeatedly backed solicitors who encourage them to say they would be abused if sent back home.
Etc etc etc.

You forgot the head of the Labour party can't define what is a woman.

Obviously the biggest problem the country is facing right now.

Post #500258  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:29 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
warrior wrote:

Did you post this YouTube clip because you thought that the mostly quite elderly membership of the forum is incapable of googling a video, if we actually want to see it? How condescending. We're not idiots, rog. We know how to use the inte

How on earth did this come about??
Didn't they do their due checks.
Bless him though he handled himself well despite looking petrified.

Post #500259  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:34 am 

Tonight's game is no walk in the park.
They showed enough last week to show they will cause us problems.
Artificial pitch . Lively crowd as well.
Could be a tricky night.
Hopefully we can diffuse them with an early goal.
Could possibly see Martinelli , Xhaka and Ødegaard i think in the team.

Post #500260  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:36 am 

Hazuki wrote:
We have it in us to win our next three league games before we go to Stamford Bridge. Leeds away on Sunday seems like the most difficult one of the three on paper, they're a pretty tricky team that runs, fouls and win duels more than most teams in the league.

I'm mostly looking at Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd of the teams below us right now - I think Liverpool are better than all three, but they are currently 14 points behind us so they'll need to find some form and catch up before they can be seen as a worry. Feel it's to early in the season to start looking at Man City, as I'm expecting them to pull away at some point during the season. The next three games for Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd:

Tottenham:

Man Utd:

Chelsea:

We have an excellent opportunity to pull further ahead if we win all three of our games, with our main rivals facing each other and having a few other tricky fixtures in there as well.

Tricky looking games for sure Haz for our rivals and fr us as well.
We lost at southampton last week.
However the way we are playing we should be taking at least 7 from the next 3.
9 if we are really on it.
Just keep focused and do as we are doing and hopefully we will be ok

Post #500261  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:38 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

How long till they u turn it Chris :laughing7:

If they can’t control it why would they do that :14laughter:

Not long now. Shall we count down the days together …

Post #500262  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:42 pm 

Mortgages through the roof, house prices dropping, the pound worth less , pensions worth less …

…So what type of utter weirdo would obsess about cycle lanes, people in dinghies and the categorisation of penises.

I mean ffs :14laughter:

Post #500263  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:34 pm 

david.d wrote:
How on earth did this come about??
Didn't they do their due checks.
Bless him though he handled himself well despite looking petrified.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/ ... asting.bbc

Post #500264  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:58 pm 

david.d wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Tottenham:

Man Utd:

Chelsea:

Tricky looking games for sure Haz for our rivals and fr us as well.
We lost at southampton last week.
However the way we are playing we should be taking at least 7 from the next 3.
9 if we are really on it.
Just keep focused and do as we are doing and hopefully we will be ok

I meant last season not last week!

Post #500265  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:41 pm 

We don't have to win the game but obviously it will be nice. The problem is going to be getting out fast. One has to assume they will be very motivated to have the scalp of a big side. They will come out and we will have to match that energy.

Score first. Easier said than done but I'd like to see us make the first 10 minutes hell for them and get a goal while we have fresh legs. If we have to chase the game, we'll end up with a lot of tired legs for the league game.

Post #500266  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:51 pm 

Four first teamers start.
White Saliba Odegard and Saka...five if you count Tierney

Post #500267  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:10 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Chris you helmet I wasn’t even talking to you.

You do realise though she’s toast though right ? No way will they let her take an election now. It’s just a case of when they decide to boot her not if. She’s going to get mullered at the next election

…. And if that’s the case how has she not screwed up massively.

The funny thing is if she hadn’t gone through with this crazy plan then she would have still been favourite to win the next election but it doesn’t work like that with tories who think that if they offered magic beans and bribes they could have made sure for certain and it backfired

he plan isn't crazy but the opposition from the off supported by the remoaner Tory MPs has made us looke silly.

We are not, we have the strongest growth in the G7 and well mahead nof them all as far as recovery is concerned.

Leaving your childish comments aside let's wait and see. My money is on Truss surviving and her stature going from strength to strength.

Back to football. I thought they were fairly strong and could easily have done a number on us so I'm surprised it's not a stronger team.

Post #500268  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:44 pm 

:21encouragement: Scrub that it looks a strong team to me

Post #500269  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:55 pm 

Someone’s getting injured on this stupid pitch aren’t they.

Post #500270  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:10 pm 

:9adore-boo: :21encouragement: :22encouragement:

Post #500271  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:11 pm 

Saka!!!!!!!!

Post #500272  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:16 pm 

On my way home should be back for the second half.
I take it we’ve scored :21encouragement: :21encouragement:

Post #500273  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:25 pm 

The difference in technical quality between the teams is oceanic, but Bodo are well organized and hard working. Combined with us rotating most of the team and the difficult pitch they're doing a pretty good job of stifling us so far.

Post #500274  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:08 pm 

Weird game. Have a feeling we are going to draw this but i wouldn’t be totally dissatisfied as long as wecome out injury free

Post #500275  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:14 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Weird game. Have a feeling we are going to draw this but i wouldn’t be totally dissatisfied as long as wecome out injury free

Think we're pretty much in control. They've had a couple of decent chances, think they needed to take one of them.

Post #500276  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:17 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Bodo went 6 for 6 at home in the Conference League last season, beating Roma twice (6-1 in the group stage), Celtic and AZ. They are no mugs at home and you can see why they're difficult; tricky conditions, hard working and well organized team, energetic home crowd. Any way we can get a win tonight would be a good result.

Post #500277  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:23 pm 

It sounds like a cracking atmosphere.

Post #500278  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:36 pm 

Well that was effective. Another one out of the way. Well done Arsenal.

Post #500279  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:38 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Well that was effective. Another one out of the way. Well done Arsenal.

Yes. 3 points, no injuries I'm aware of. Good job.

Post #500280  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:39 pm 

Job done. Let's go back to playing on acutal grass pitches now please.

[ 518931 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12504, 12505, 12506, 12507, 12508, 12509, 12510 ... 12974  Next