Fixtures Saturday January 23rd - Southampton/Shrewsbury - The Emirates FA Cup - 12:15 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:46 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 6 guests

 
Post #519161  Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5201
Location: SE9

Nice, bright second half performance and three good goals.
Very average opposition though.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519162  Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17444

TOP GUN wrote:
What is it about strikers and their aura ? I’ve only seen Balogan play a handful of minutes and he looks a striker who can properly lead the line, I think I could watch Nketiah play all week and remain unconvinced.

Do you know what I mean. I’m not just saying it because he’s scored because I thought likewise in his other appearance

I do know what you mean. Nketiah is a penalty box poacher and to be fair he is often in the right place at the right time. I think I read his 10 Arsenal games have a cumulative distance of 50 yards! But Nketiah doesn't seem to hold up the ball or link play as much as you'd want. If you're absolutely dominating a team, attack v defence and just need a guy who can be in the right place in the box Nketiah is your guy. Far too early to judge on Balogun but he is taller and looks stronger.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519163  Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17444

Glad for Pépé to score, he certainly looked more determined to make an impression and force something to happen. His red card could be the turning point for him.
Nelson was good, just making things happen, it is something we've missed from our play for too long, players who are willing to take some responsibility, be brave and not be afraid of it not working out.

With Pépé suspended I wouldn't mind seeing Nelson and Saka as our starting winger v Wolves, even with Willian as a No.10 if Arteta must have him in the team. But I think Arteta will drop Nelson to the bench and play Willian wide or if he's not fit it'll be Aubameyang back to the wing, Lacazette central and Saka wide right


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519164  Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6226
Location: Townsville Australia

Don’t know whether you have seen this exchange between Diego & Gary https://twitter.com/footballtips/status ... 95008?s=20

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519165  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8850
Location: Singapore

Watched for about 20 mins before the droopy eyes won. And in those 20, am glad to see Pépé showing a lot more energy and enthusiasm. And kudos to Nelson too. I'll keep rooting for him to start EPL games. Come on Arteta, treat him right.

_________________
A new Chapter awaits!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519166  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30119

Pépé needed the start because it showed Arteta has confidence him and he needed the goal for his own confidence.

That said, I am not sure if things will work out. He may end up a 70 million mistake. He would have been better playing for the Arsenal of 2002, etc, where our play was more like playing jazz. Lots of improvisation, freer movement, we often saw Freddie and Bobby end up on the other's side of the pitch, Henry has a faux winger down the left, etc.

Very defined roles and a fairly strict system just doesn't seem like something he will adapt to.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519167  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30119

Rumored as a loanee in January

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519168  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6226
Location: Townsville Australia

One good thing from the Europa League is that Celtic are out and we won’t be drawn against them in the future.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519169  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17444

This table shows the importance of champions league money


Attachments:
File comment: Europe money

 Profile  
 
 
Post #519170  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30119

The CL algorithm and divying up of money seems rigged. As much as I like that we are ranked much higher than I had previously thought, I won't debate anyone who said we shouldn't be ranked where we are.

Let's be honest, some teams are going to get eyes on screens no matter how they are doing and the CL has made sure those clubs are going to be featured.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519171  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12778

Rich wrote:
This table shows the importance of champions league money

Time for Kroenke to sell up. Total disaster


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519172  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17444

AmericanGooner wrote:
The CL algorithm and divying up of money seems rigged. As much as I like that we are ranked much higher than I had previously thought, I won't debate anyone who said we shouldn't be ranked where we are.

Let's be honest, some teams are going to get eyes on screens no matter how they are doing and the CL has made sure those clubs are going to be featured.

The club coefficient ratings also seem a bit wrong. This is points allocated to each club based on their european performance and a higher coefficient meaning you get a higher seed in any draw. There was always the concern that if you went a few years without Champions League you would then be handed a very tough draw when you did eventually get back in......that's not necessarily the case as long as you can have decent showings in the Europa league. For example when we reached the Europa league final in 18-19 only the two champions league finalists and chelsea as the winners of the europa scored more coefficient points than us.

So that means that even with 4 years outside the champions league we are still ranked as the 11th best side in Europe and would be comfortably in pot 2 if we got back in the champions league. We still need a strong Europa league this season to maintain it.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519173  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6226
Location: Townsville Australia

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:
This table shows the importance of champions league money

Time for Kroenke to sell up. Total disaster

Are you still complaining about how much we spend on transfers.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-l ... bewerb/GB1

This would suggest we have spent regularly but not well. Even players who we signed for free and then paid silly wages to are part of the problem. Why would Kroenke give the club any more money when it is wasted. Arteta has followed closely in the footsteps of his predecessors with Willian, Soares, Mari, Luiz resigned and even offering Mustafi a new contract.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519174  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 8643

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Arteta has followed closely in the footsteps of his predecessors with Willian, Soares, Mari, Luiz resigned and even offering Mustafi a new contract.

Think you’re being a bit unfair there. Well, more than ‘a bit’. As I’m sure Rich has said, since Arteta arrived Mustafi arguably became our best central defender from those available before his injury. Hence offering him a new contract seems, to me, entirely logical. Moreover, Mari didn’t play enough games prior to his injury to make our minds up regarding how good or bad he really is. Luiz, despite some bad errors, has in my view been good overall since arriving. Must admit I count him as a more than decent signing.

Soares is another who hasn’t played much but in the games he has played, I’ve been quite impressed. Certainly done enough to convince me he’s strengthened the squad, which was surely what he was signed to do. With Willian, I haven’t given up on him. He can’t have lost his ability because he now wears an Arsenal kit instead of a Chelsea strip. Perhaps his slow start, and undeniably it has been slow, has more to do with playing a different system at Arsenal.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519175  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17444

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Arteta has followed closely in the footsteps of his predecessors with Willian, Soares, Mari, Luiz resigned and even offering Mustafi a new contract.

Think you’re being a bit unfair there. Well, more than ‘a bit’. As I’m sure Rich has said, since Arteta arrived Mustafi arguably became our best central defender from those available before his injury. Hence offering him a new contract seems, to me, entirely logical. Moreover, Mari didn’t play enough games prior to his injury to make our minds up regarding how good or bad he really is. Luiz, despite some bad errors, has in my view been good overall since arriving. Must admit I count him as a more than decent signing.

Soares is another who hasn’t played much but in the games he has played, I’ve been quite impressed. Certainly done enough to convince me he’s strengthened the squad, which was surely what he was signed to do. With Willian, I haven’t given up on him. He can’t have lost his ability because he now wears an Arsenal kit instead of a Chelsea strip. Perhaps his slow start, and undeniably it has been slow, has more to do with playing a different system at Arsenal.

Also those 4 players only cost £10m in transfer fees (if you believe Mari cost £4m which is what his previous club said they received) Those cheaper stop gap signings are necessary I believe in how we are going to grow and build a team. We certainly can't spend £30m on every new player like Chelsea have, there will be players we have to buy who won't be in our long term vision but who can come in and fill a gap in the squad and hopefully improve us. I do have a problem with the size of wages being paid as we certainly need to get control of that, we're paying champions league wages to barely europa league level players in some cases. It will take a while to clear the decks.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519176  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30119

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
The CL algorithm and divying up of money seems rigged. As much as I like that we are ranked much higher than I had previously thought, I won't debate anyone who said we shouldn't be ranked where we are.

Let's be honest, some teams are going to get eyes on screens no matter how they are doing and the CL has made sure those clubs are going to be featured.

The club coefficient ratings also seem a bit wrong. This is points allocated to each club based on their european performance and a higher coefficient meaning you get a higher seed in any draw. There was always the concern that if you went a few years without Champions League you would then be handed a very tough draw when you did eventually get back in......that's not necessarily the case as long as you can have decent showings in the Europa league. For example when we reached the Europa league final in 18-19 only the two champions league finalists and chelsea as the winners of the europa scored more coefficient points than us.

So that means that even with 4 years outside the champions league we are still ranked as the 11th best side in Europe and would be comfortably in pot 2 if we got back in the champions league. We still need a strong Europa league this season to maintain it.



_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519177  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 5065
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

Don't forget Jeans guy !

Image


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519178  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30119

Get your holiday shopping early this season.


Attachments:


_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"
 Profile  
 
 
Post #519179  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6226
Location: Townsville Australia

Rich wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Think you’re being a bit unfair there. Well, more than ‘a bit’. As I’m sure Rich has said, since Arteta arrived Mustafi arguably became our best central defender from those available before his injury. Hence offering him a new contract seems, to me, entirely logical. Moreover, Mari didn’t play enough games prior to his injury to make our minds up regarding how good or bad he really is. Luiz, despite some bad errors, has in my view been good overall since arriving. Must admit I count him as a more than decent signing.

Soares is another who hasn’t played much but in the games he has played, I’ve been quite impressed. Certainly done enough to convince me he’s strengthened the squad, which was surely what he was signed to do. With Willian, I haven’t given up on him. He can’t have lost his ability because he now wears an Arsenal kit instead of a Chelsea strip. Perhaps his slow start, and undeniably it has been slow, has more to do with playing a different system at Arsenal.

Also those 4 players only cost £10m in transfer fees (if you believe Mari cost £4m which is what his previous club said they received) Those cheaper stop gap signings are necessary I believe in how we are going to grow and build a team. We certainly can't spend £30m on every new player like Chelsea have, there will be players we have to buy who won't be in our long term vision but who can come in and fill a gap in the squad and hopefully improve us. I do have a problem with the size of wages being paid as we certainly need to get control of that, we're paying champions league wages to barely europa league level players in some cases. It will take a while to clear the decks.

I have difficulty with the wages and the length of some of these contracts. Poster after poster complains of us not off-loading our problem players. Usually because they intend to go nowhere because of their wages and the lack of pressure at Arsenal. But we have just added to this with long contracts for new incomers for players who really are marginal at best.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519180  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30119

Next to Pépé, the most disappointing thing is Saliba not deemed first team ready for the PL. I didn't expect him to start right away but to be starting regularly by now
He is a player that gooners had been talking about for well over a year. I would have thought he and Gabriel's status would be reversed. Saliba seemed a sure starter from the hype.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519181  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30119

https://www.footballinsider247.com/excl ... een-light/
Arsenal are set to terminate the loan deal of defender Zak Swanson early, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The right-back, 20, has struggled to make an impact at Dutch side MVV Maastricht since joining on a season-long loan in the summer.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519182  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13517

AmericanGooner wrote:
Next to Pépé, the most disappointing thing is Saliba not deemed first team ready for the PL. I didn't expect him to start right away but to be starting regularly by now
He is a player that gooners had been talking about for well over a year. I would have thought he and Gabriel's status would be reversed. Saliba seemed a sure starter from the hype.

1. Pépé was MOTM in our last game. 2. Do you have any specific issues with Gabriel's performances this season that bring this rumination about him and Saliba to the surface?

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519183  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13517

AmericanGooner wrote:
Get your holiday shopping early this season.

Will anyone over the age of 7 actually wear that?

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519184  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 8643

Tried to get one of the 2000 tickets for the Vienna game and failed. Kept getting a message ‘Error 503 Backend unavailable, connection timeout’ come up. Tried phoning the ticket office which was reserved for club level members and was waiting 40 minutes for someone to answer before I gave up.

I’m thoroughly peed off.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519185  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12778

Finally listened to the Arsene Wenger desert island discs.

Very good, undoubtedly a remarkable person. I would highly recommend it. You will learn far more about him from that then the book


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519186  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7501

TOP GUN wrote:
Finally listened to the Arsene Wenger desert island discs.

Very good, undoubtedly a remarkable person. I would highly recommend it. You will learn far more about him from that then the book

I must give e it a listen. I'm not surprised by the book. I tend to steer clear of sports autobiographies. Don't find them in the slightest bit interesting. In Wenger's case he is probably bound by all sorts of non-disclosure arrangements so can't really say anything of note.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519187  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13517

TOP GUN wrote:
Finally listened to the Arsene Wenger desert island discs.

Very good, undoubtedly a remarkable person. I would highly recommend it. You will learn far more about him from that then the book

Will do.
Its such a pity his legacy was tarnished by hanging around too long.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519188  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:52 pm
Posts: 18125

Decaf wrote:
...Its such a pity his legacy was tarnished by hanging around too long.
History will remember him well, regardless of the fact he only won the League three times and the FA Cup seven times. We should be so lucky to be able to describe any future manager's legacy as being similarly tarnished!

_________________
"Young and caught up in life, we seldom watched the skies.”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519189  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13517

old man of hoy wrote:
Decaf wrote:
...Its such a pity his legacy was tarnished by hanging around too long.
History will remember him well, regardless of the fact he only won the League three times and the FA Cup seven times. We should be so lucky to be able to describe any future manager's legacy as being similarly tarnished!

I hope you are right. A wonderful manager and man.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519190  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 8643

old man of hoy wrote:
Decaf wrote:
...Its such a pity his legacy was tarnished by hanging around too long.
History will remember him well, regardless of the fact he only won the League three times and the FA Cup seven times. We should be so lucky to be able to describe any future manager's legacy as being similarly tarnished!

I wonder how Wenger’s trophy haul compares to other Arsenal managers on a time in charge basis? The time in charge is highly relevant, obviously. Quite easy to work out; it’s a question of finding the time and inclination to do it.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519191  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13517

Bernard wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
History will remember him well, regardless of the fact he only won the League three times and the FA Cup seven times. We should be so lucky to be able to describe any future manager's legacy as being similarly tarnished!

I wonder how Wenger’s trophy haul compares to other Arsenal managers on a time in charge basis? The time in charge is highly relevant, obviously. Quite easy to work out; it’s a question of finding the time and inclination to do it.

That is one way of looking at it. Another is the quality and duration of their best spells.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519192  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13517

The Spurs fans must be wetting themselves. A chance to go two points clear and yet so many years of disappointment to temper their optimism :42laughter: .

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519193  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 2518

I see that all 2K tickets for the Vienna at Ems match sold out in 20 minutes. Not surprised. Peeps want their football back.
:5encouragement:

_________________
Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down....
Jimmy Durante


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519194  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6226
Location: Townsville Australia

Bernard wrote:
Tried to get one of the 2000 tickets for the Vienna game and failed. Kept getting a message ‘Error 503 Backend unavailable, connection timeout’ come up. Tried phoning the ticket office which was reserved for club level members and was waiting 40 minutes for someone to answer before I gave up.

I’m thoroughly peed off.

Ring them and give them feedback. No need to be polite. As I understand it they had a way of distributing tickets in the eventuality limited numbers would return. Then they ignored it for this allocation.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519195  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13517

I do hope we are able to overcome Wolves, not least because it's tedious having to scroll down to find Arsenal in the table.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519196  Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 22824

Decaf wrote:
I do hope we are able to overcome Wolves, not least because it's tedious having to scroll down to find Arsenal in the table.

It’s much quicker to scroll up.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519197  Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 8643

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Tried to get one of the 2000 tickets for the Vienna game and failed. Kept getting a message ‘Error 503 Backend unavailable, connection timeout’ come up. Tried phoning the ticket office which was reserved for club level members and was waiting 40 minutes for someone to answer before I gave up.

I’m thoroughly peed off.

Ring them and give them feedback. No need to be polite. As I understand it they had a way of distributing tickets in the eventuality limited numbers would return. Then they ignored it for this allocation.

Don’t worry I intend to. On Monday.

The original intention for reduced capacity games was to do it via a ballot, when it was hoped some fans would be let in for the Sheffield United game. But for the Vienna game they changed it to booking online, first come first served. Apparently on Twitter many were moaning that the online booking service this morning wasn’t working properly so I assume I wasn’t the only one getting that ‘Error 503 Backend unavailable, connection timeout’ message.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519198  Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8850
Location: Singapore

“Ceballos in midfield is a lender. He lends you the ball. He gives it to you to get the ball back. He is not putting the ball through the eye of the needle on a consistent basis for me."

Paul Merson quote on Ceballos is exactly right

_________________
A new Chapter awaits!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519199  Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6226
Location: Townsville Australia

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Ring them and give them feedback. No need to be polite. As I understand it they had a way of distributing tickets in the eventuality limited numbers would return. Then they ignored it for this allocation.

Don’t worry I intend to. On Monday.

The original intention for reduced capacity games was to do it via a ballot, when it was hoped some fans would be let in for the Sheffield United game. But for the Vienna game they changed it to booking online, first come first served. Apparently on Twitter many were moaning that the online booking service this morning wasn’t working properly so I assume I wasn’t the only one getting that ‘Error 503 Backend unavailable, connection timeout’ message.

The ballot system worked very well in Australia in the national rugby league. There were some variations if you had a family ticket but basically most people were very happy with the way the draws went.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #519200  Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30119

Soton, Chelsea and us tonight hopefully.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 522109 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12977, 12978, 12979, 12980, 12981, 12982, 12983 ... 13053  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 6 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018