Fixtures Monday March 2nd - Portsmouth - Fratton Park - The Emirates FA Cup - 7:45 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:28 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, Bing [Bot], socrates, warrior and 7 guests

 
Post #479641  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 6277

Abu wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Is Mahrez a suitable replacement if Sanchez is sold (to City)? How much will Sanchez fetch if sold?
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/08/arsenal-w ... t-6694578/

knobber

Why does he keep asking all these questions when he's supposedly blocked many of the people on the forum? So if they did bother replying, he wouldn't see it.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479642  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 6721

Just like my response to the ST email where I lasted a full day before renewing, there I was at 07:05 this morning putting my cross for Labour, just as I have at every election, national or local, that there’s been since I reached the age of majority.

It’s been an odd campaign though. Despite having all the press barons on her side and with all the advantages of a slick and well-funded organisation, May comes across as a stumbling mumbling and confused old biddy who flipped and flopped her way through what looked like a personal waking nightmare. As that poster summed up her and her campaign ‘Strong and Stable – My Arse’.

In contrast, old cold Jezza seemed to relish it all and positively grew in substance, stature and popularity. I’m pretty certain he hasn’t done enough and I still believe he’s a fatally flawed politician, but if it hadn’t been for that daft old bat Dianne Abbott’s asinine performances at crucial times, who knows what might have been possible.

Of course the terrorist incidents had an enormous influence but even then, I was really hoping that someone would properly open up the Brexit debate and we’d get a discourse going on the world of detail that’s been so blatantly and wilfully ignored. I really hoped we’d get some idea of the way forward and what we're in for rather than all this bollocks of ‘not showing our hand too early’.

To get an idea of just how deep in the *%^@ I believe we are over Brexit, read this if you will. It's a piece by Will Hutton from Sunday’s Observer. Hutton is a political economist, an occasional journalist and is currently Master of Hertford College, Oxford.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/03/britain-being-led-to-epic-act-self-harm-brexit

And weep.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479643  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 13061

That Hutton article is brilliant DHD. Brexit is a disaster that won't be fully recognised until it's far too late. There will be denial, accusations towards the remainers, but ultimately, we are shafted.

Anyway, I have been out and voted Labour and have also spent this week canvassing on the doorstep for our local party. I spent my lunch hour today at the local branch office helping out at the phone bank. I do think it's not going to be enough but, like you DHD, I feel Corbyn has had an excellent campaign and has grown as it has gone on. He has impressed me over the last few weeks. Whatever happens it has been great to see the young becoming engaged and enthused, this can only bode well for the future.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479644  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 13061

DHD - This is another great Brexit piece.
https://musealoudblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/brexit-traitors/

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479645  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8985
Location: The Go-Between Bridge

Brilliant, Darren, I don't think I have seen a more fickle commentator on anything than you. You make flip-flops look like DMs.

And I say this as one who thinks changing one's stance is often a good thing.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479646  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8985
Location: The Go-Between Bridge

I voted Lib Dem by the way as anything else was throwing my vote away but off now to neighbouring constituency which is very narrowly held Labour marginal to help out. Reports I'm getting from my Lib Dem/Tory marginal btw is that it is really really close (the constituency not the national vote about which I haven't a clue...)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479647  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 6721

Daz wrote:
I voted Lib Dem by the way as anything else was throwing my vote away but off now to neighbouring constituency which is very narrowly held Labour marginal to help out. Reports I'm getting from my Lib Dem/Tory marginal btw is that it is really really close (the constituency not the national vote about which I haven't a clue...)


Still time for a bit of 'personation' Daz - I'm sure Niall could give you a few tips.

As they say over there:

"VOTE EARLY - VOTE OFTEN"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479648  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8985
Location: The Go-Between Bridge

DHD wrote:
Daz wrote:
I voted Lib Dem by the way as anything else was throwing my vote away but off now to neighbouring constituency which is very narrowly held Labour marginal to help out. Reports I'm getting from my Lib Dem/Tory marginal btw is that it is really really close (the constituency not the national vote about which I haven't a clue...)


Still time for a bit of 'personation' Daz - I'm sure Niall could give you a few tips.

As they say over there:

"VOTE EARLY - VOTE OFTEN"


Might be needed, DHD, Labour only hold that seat by 600 votes...


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479649  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 4765
Location: SE9

Voted. May out! While we're at it, Wenger out as well!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479650  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17818

Niall wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I'm voting labour. I flirted with the idea of voting Tory out of frustration and in protest at labours tactics, certain policies and stance and the way Corbyn has approached certain things.

However, The tories are utterly despicable and no matter how frustrating Corbyn is at least you know he's a good person.

The tories are an utter disease, their ludicrous deal they did with the gutter press around avoiding Leveson part two in exchange for basically murdoch and Dacre calling Corbyn a terrorist for 2 full months is as low as it gets.

Nope labour it is even though I know full well they will get trounced.


Well done! Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour team have run an excellent and inspiring campaign. I'm still hoping for a shock result tonight, even if it looks unlikely.

Decaf, the Irish (in Ireland) cannot vote for Labour. They do not organise here.


Irish people can vote labour.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479651  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13123

DHD wrote:
Just like my response to the ST email where I lasted a full day before renewing, there I was at 07:05 this morning putting my cross for Labour, just as I have at every election, national or local, that there’s been since I reached the age of majority.

It’s been an odd campaign though. Despite having all the press barons on her side and with all the advantages of a slick and well-funded organisation, May comes across as a stumbling mumbling and confused old biddy who flipped and flopped her way through what looked like a personal waking nightmare. As that poster summed up her and her campaign ‘Strong and Stable – My Arse’.

In contrast, old cold Jezza seemed to relish it all and positively grew in substance, stature and popularity. I’m pretty certain he hasn’t done enough and I still believe he’s a fatally flawed politician, but if it hadn’t been for that daft old bat Dianne Abbott’s asinine performances at crucial times, who knows what might have been possible.

Of course the terrorist incidents had an enormous influence but even then, I was really hoping that someone would properly open up the Brexit debate and we’d get a discourse going on the world of detail that’s been so blatantly and wilfully ignored. I really hoped we’d get some idea of the way forward and what we're in for rather than all this bollocks of ‘not showing our hand too early’.

To get an idea of just how deep in the *%^@ I believe we are over Brexit, read this if you will. It's a piece by Will Hutton from Sunday’s Observer. Hutton is a political economist, an occasional journalist and is currently Master of Hertford College, Oxford.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/03/britain-being-led-to-epic-act-self-harm-brexit

And weep.

Electing Trump was an unbeatable act of collective stupidity.

But the Brexit vote wasn't that far behind. And its been downhill from there!

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479652  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13123

Daz wrote:
Brilliant, Darren, I don't think I have seen a more fickle commentator on anything than you. You make flip-flops look like DMs.

And I say this as one who thinks changing one's stance is often a good thing.

Amen to that.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479653  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 13061

Daz wrote:
Brilliant, Darren, I don't think I have seen a more fickle commentator on anything than you. You make flip-flops look like DMs.

And I say this as one who thinks changing one's stance is often a good thing.

Oh, I won't deny it. Until next week, when I possibly will.

Am consistent on Brexit though.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479654  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11695

Comey was one bad mutha today

Like the way he approached that. Why can't we have people like that in the UK who work for public office.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479655  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Salisbury

I'd take Mahrez but NOT to replace Sanchez, if we have to replace him then we need Mahrez and someone else as good as him before we even start sorting out other areas, then we have new coaches?, new DOF?, so far nothing apart from a free transfer.. good luck selling those Emirates cup tickets.

Funny how some reference how well run a club Arsenal are when in reality a lot of it would appear rank amatuer. When are you reinventing yourself Arsene?.

:1laughter:

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479656  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14039
Location: Stockholm

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
so far nothing apart from a free transfer..

Nothing apart from a free transfer and a world record bid for one of the most sought after players in the world.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479657  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14039
Location: Stockholm

I mean, I understand it doesn't really matter unless we actually sign someone come August. But you can't really imply nothing is happening on the transfer front so far.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479658  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Salisbury

Hazuki wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:
so far nothing apart from a free transfer..

Nothing apart from a free transfer and a world record bid for one of the most sought after players in the world.


Why should we care about unsuccessful bids?, also I'm sure that world record bid (if it actually happened) was in part financed on the basis of selling Sanchez afterwards, obviously the club were never going to sell him until ST renewals were in, we all know exactly how Stan Kroenke and Arsene Wenger operate by now.

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479659  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8985
Location: The Go-Between Bridge

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD PLEASE PLEASE LET ME HAVE BEEN WRONG AND THAT POLL BE RIGHT.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479660  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 16941

Yessss!!

_________________
It's a terrible love and I'm walking with spiders.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479661  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14039
Location: Stockholm

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Why should we care about unsuccessful bids?

Because it gives us an idea about the clubs ambition for the upcoming transfer window.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479662  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17818

Don't worry Theresa, the DUP are eager to serve.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479663  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8985
Location: The Go-Between Bridge

Oh man. I don't really believe it. Think stories will do better than that but still...


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479664  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11695

OH MY GOD I ALMOST DID A SEX WEE IN MY PANTS

Please let this happen I will f%$*ng piss myself


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479665  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8985
Location: The Go-Between Bridge

Oh man. I don't really believe it. Think tories will do better than that but still...


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479666  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17818

Is Boris a sitting mp? He's not, right?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479667  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11695

Polls have often been wrong. Time to calm down


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479668  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17818

TOP GUN wrote:
Polls have often been wrong. Time to calm down

Too right. Remember he booked that player twice in the World Cup. And don't get me started on that time he sent Parlour off against Newcastle.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479669  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 16941

John wrote:
Don't worry Theresa, the DUP are eager to serve.

Gerry might make an appearance :)

_________________
It's a terrible love and I'm walking with spiders.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479670  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am
Posts: 8985
Location: The Go-Between Bridge

WTF in Scotland?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479671  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 6721

Terrifyingly encouraging exit polls.

May is toast. Sturgeon is damaged. Jezza is the coming man.

Looks like we'll be doing all this again quite soon.

Doesn't help with the shitpool of Brexit; quite the reverse in many ways.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479672  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17818

Niall wrote:
John wrote:
Don't worry Theresa, the DUP are eager to serve.

Gerry might make an appearance :)

Corbyn's number 2.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479673  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17818

Daz wrote:
WTF in Scotland?

NO TO INDEPENDENCE. *%^@** cowards.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479674  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 16941

John wrote:
Niall wrote:
Gerry might make an appearance :)

Corbyn's number 2.


Prop ye up for a wee border poll, Jezza....
Let's hope that tory figure drops so they can't rely on Arlene, though a one seat majority would never work

_________________
It's a terrible love and I'm walking with spiders.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479675  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 16941

John wrote:
Daz wrote:
WTF in Scotland?

NO TO INDEPENDENCE. *%^@** cowards.

It looks like that moment has passed. Hopefully get a Labour revival in Scotland. Put those 30 seats back on and we're in...

That *%^@ Gove thinks they'll get a majority of 20

_________________
It's a terrible love and I'm walking with spiders.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479676  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17818

Niall wrote:
John wrote:
Corbyn's number 2.


Prop ye up for a wee border poll, Jezza....
Let's hope that tory figure drops so they can't rely on Arlene, though a one seat majority would never work

DUP have only 1 issue regardless of what they try to make us believe. If it comes to it this result could be a disaster for the north.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479677  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 6277

John wrote:
Is Boris a sitting mp? He's not, right?

MP for Uxbridge.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479678  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17818

Got to feel sorry for the English folk now. No partners left in Europe except the jocks. Come on over lads, there's plenty of room for yis in the likes ofSligo and Leitrim. You can build a few roads up there, the European Union will pay for them.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479679  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 16941

John wrote:
Niall wrote:

Prop ye up for a wee border poll, Jezza....
Let's hope that tory figure drops so they can't rely on Arlene, though a one seat majority would never work

DUP have only 1 issue regardless of what they try to make us believe. If it comes to it this result could be a disaster for the north.

Yes, that would be a disaster.

_________________
It's a terrible love and I'm walking with spiders.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #479680  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 11994
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

Decaf wrote:
DHD wrote:

To get an idea of just how deep in the *%^@ I believe we are over Brexit, read this if you will. It's a piece by Will Hutton from Sunday’s Observer. Hutton is a political economist, an occasional journalist and is currently Master of Hertford College, Oxford.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/03/britain-being-led-to-epic-act-self-harm-brexit

And weep.

Electing Trump was an unbeatable act of collective stupidity.

But the Brexit vote wasn't that far behind. And its been downhill from there!


Interesting times indeed ..... :laughing7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH01FhqMdc8


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 518445 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11989, 11990, 11991, 11992, 11993, 11994, 11995 ... 12962  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, Bing [Bot], socrates, warrior and 7 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018