Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], john1, mcquilkie and 287 guests

Post #497561  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:52 am 

john1 wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Ooh the black away kits nice.

Which the youngest son will want with 3 and Tierney on the back.. at a total cost of 71 quid prior to Arsenal wearing it no more than 3 times this season even when there’s an obvious clash then putting on discount for 45 quid in March 2023 before announcing a new one in July 2023 that he’ll want with 3 and Tierney on the back that will now cost 75 quid that we will wear 3 times …..

… it’s an episode of westworld. Weird things keep cropping up that feel familiar

Got it 2 weeks ago in Turkey. (£10)

The real McCoy?

Is Arsenal spelt Arsnal on it ?

Post #497562  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:52 am 

john1 wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Ooh the black away kits nice.

Which the youngest son will want with 3 and Tierney on the back.. at a total cost of 71 quid prior to Arsenal wearing it no more than 3 times this season even when there’s an obvious clash then putting on discount for 45 quid in March 2023 before announcing a new one in July 2023 that he’ll want with 3 and Tierney on the back that will now cost 75 quid that we will wear 3 times …..

… it’s an episode of westworld. Weird things keep cropping up that feel familiar

Just had a look at it on Arsenal.com. They were only showing the shirt, as far as I could see. Are the shorts and socks black too?

Post #497563  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:13 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
john1 wrote:

The real McCoy?

Is Arsenal spelt Arsnal on it ?

:42laughter:
No, it’s from a ‘genuine fake’ shop.

But you couldn’t tell the difference from the real one. Embroidered badges

Post #497564  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:14 am 

Bernard wrote:
john1 wrote:

Just had a look at it on Arsenal.com. They were only showing the shirt, as far as I could see. Are the shorts and socks black too?

Assume so, but you only get the shorts with the kids’ shirts in Turkey. And I’m not one of those full kit w*nkers anyway :40laughter:

Post #497565  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:18 am 

Bernard wrote:
john1 wrote:

Scroll down this page.

Post #497566  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:19 am 

john1 wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Assume so, but you only get the shorts with the kids’ shirts in Turkey. And I’m not one of those full kit w*nkers anyway :40laughter:

Nor me. I was just wondering how the full away kit would look when the team play in it.

Post #497567  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:21 am 

Darren wrote:
Scroll down this page.

Thanks Darren.

Post #497568  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:14 pm 

Fabrizio Romano
"Arsenal have been in talks with Bukayo Saka’s camp over a contract extension since February & consider it a priority for this summer. Despite top English clubs monitoring the situation, Saka’s priority is to stay at Arsenal, he loves the club."

Post #497569  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:22 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Westworld was a good film, or was there a television series as you said ‘episode’? Yul Brynner had a major part in it. Seen it a number of times. Saw a follow up a few weeks ago called Futureworld. Yul Brynner was in that as well, albeit with not quite as big a part as he had in Westworld. Futureworld is a very long way from being the worst film I’ve ever seen. But I much preferred Westworld.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/

Post #497570  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:27 pm 

Fair to say Arteta is the cat that got the cream when talking about Jesus
“He creates chaos, he creates uncertainty and he’s always on your shoulder,” said Arteta afterwards.
“He’s always there to nick the ball off you, he’s always in front of the goal. He’s a real threat and this is what we need.
“The moment we give the ball away he is straight away active and putting pressure and getting his team behind him.
“He has a lot of leadership skills, I can see straight away what he’s doing with the boys and he’s the type of guy that we want.
“He looks really sharp, really dynamic. (He’s got) a really good understanding with his teammates straight away.
“They are looking for him, he’s generating chances, good connections around specific spaces we want to exploit with him especially, and yeah, we’re really happy.”

I've said that I still think we're short of a plan B in attack, a tall and physical presence but I'm really excited to see Jesus and Nketiah.

Last year we had Aubameyang, Lacazette and Nketiah. The Nketiah we have a year on is a hugely different player and Jesus is showing signs of all the things we've dearly missed in a central striker. Despite numbers going notionally from 3 to 2 I think we're more of a threat up front with the current pair. Everything just feels more dynamic.

Post #497571  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:28 pm 

Leno has agreed personal terms with Fulham but we're about £5m apart in valuation apparently. £10-15m. Lets see who blinks first

Post #497572  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:38 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Westworld was a good film, or was there a television series as you said ‘episode’? Yul Brynner had a major part in it. Seen it a number of times. Saw a follow up a few weeks ago called Futureworld. Yul Brynner was in that as well, albeit with not quite as big a part as he had in Westworld. Futureworld is a very long way from being the worst film I’ve ever seen. But I much preferred Westworld.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/

Thanks. Never seen it.

Post #497573  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:02 pm 

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Thanks. Never seen it.

I remember seeing the film as a kid on TV with my mum. Thought it was so original at the time. like you though, have not seen the series. Heard mixed things about it.

Post #497574  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:16 pm 

Darren wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Thanks. Never seen it.

I remember seeing the film as a kid on TV with my mum. Thought it was so original at the time. like you though, have not seen the series. Heard mixed things about it.

Basically the first season is really good and aligned to the movie with Yul Brynner with the humans shagging the robots in the theme park and shooting them and stuff. Then it moves far away from this as the timelines and robots and humans get blurred and by the latest season it’s virtually impossible to follow anymore and they’ve stopped shagging the androids.

It’s like an overcooked Christopher Nolan movie and if you don’t like the movie Tenet you probably won’t like this series

Post #497575  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:52 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

Basically the first season is really good and aligned to the movie with Yul Brynner with the humans shagging the robots in the theme park and shooting them and stuff. Then it moves far away from this as the timelines and robots and humans get blurred and by the latest season it’s virtually impossible to follow anymore and they’ve stopped shagging the androids.

It’s like an overcooked Christopher Nolan movie and if you don’t like the movie Tenet you probably won’t like this series

I remember watching the original movie as a teenager and scared the **** out of me.
Yul Brynner was absolutely relentless and was so believable as a robot.
Started to watch the series where Ed Harris was the modern day Yul Brynner i think.
Lost interest after a while.

Post #497576  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:15 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I was pretty impressed by Rory McIlroys comments after the British open.

What did he say?
Felt sorry for him to lose out towards the end. But Smith was extremely calm and good. Smith deserved the victory.

Post #497577  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:19 pm 

david.d wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I remember watching the original movie as a teenager and scared the **** out of me.
Started to watch the series where Ed Harris was the modern day Yul Brynner i think.

As I said, I’ve never seen the television series. From what David and Top Gun say about it, that won’t be changing anytime soon.

Post #497578  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:27 pm 

Man U close to 29 year old RB Jonathan Clauss from Lens.

I'm finding Man u's transfer business a bit odd (not complaining though). They've signed a cheapish left back when they already have Shaw and Telles, possibly about to do exactly the same at right back. They've spent an awful lot of money on Martinez £60m and I'm not sure where they plan to use him, another left back(!?), or a left centre back which is where club captain Maguire plays, or holding midfield which is where their only sensible move seems to be focussed trying to get De Jong.

Eriksen will likely do well for Man U but it doesn't scream long term planning. The right back Clauss 29....

I get that players like Sancho, Rashford and even Martial could be rejuvenated under ten Hag but I haven't seen a clear strategy from Man U yet.

Post #497579  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:33 pm 

Bernard wrote:
david.d wrote:

As I said, I’ve never seen the television series. From what David and Top Gun say about it, that won’t be changing anytime soon.

The first series was top rate. Then it went steadily downhill from there.

By the way. In the film version of Westworld Yul Brynner’s outfit was straight from The Magnificent Seven.

Post #497580  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:45 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

What did he say?
Felt sorry for him to lose out towards the end. But Smith was extremely calm and good. Smith deserved the victory.

Post #497581  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:24 pm 

Rich wrote:
I get that players like Sancho, Rashford and even Martial could be rejuvenated under ten Hag but I haven't seen a clear strategy from Man U yet.

Looking at their current squad, it's quite the mess. Bruno Fernandes is their only quality midfield player, Varane their only quality centre back. Ronaldo wants to leave, Greenwood is unlikely to play again, Martial has been struggling in recent seasons and looked like he was on his way out. Rashford, Sancho and Elanga will have to carry their offense. Martinez and De Jong could be big signings for them, but they have a lot of ground to make up and seem to lack direction.

Post #497582  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:43 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

What did he say?

Basically exactly that : beaten by a better player on the day.

Post #497583  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:52 pm 

Fabrizio Romano just tweeted that Zinchenko is a done deal.

Post #497584  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:20 pm 

Darren wrote:

Medical this week, contract until 2026

Post #497585  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:46 pm 

Darren wrote:

And they still are going for Tielemans at a similar price up to £30K, as was for Zinchenko.

Post #497586  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:59 pm 

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta reflects on 'demanding' Amazon documentary

https://www.espn.com.au/football/arsena ... ocumentary

Post #497587  Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:16 pm 

So we went in for Martinez, got the price for Man Utd up to almost £60m, then swooped in and signed a player with a similiar profile for half of that. Brilliantly done.

Post #497588  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:11 am 

Hazuki wrote:
So we went in for Martinez, got the price for Man Utd up to almost £60m, then swooped in and signed a player with a similiar profile for half of that. Brilliantly done.

On the face of it, you’re right. But there is one absolutely vital qualification. Assuming both transfers go through, namely how well each play for their new clubs. Hopefully it won’t happen (and let me say I don’t expect it to), but if Martinez at Manchester United completely outperforms Zinchenko at Arsenal, then the only benefit if what you say about us increasing the price for them is correct will be increasing their transfer expenditure this summer.

On its own or if that’s it, I’d be tempted to shrug my shoulders and say ‘big deal’ or even ‘so what’. The vital issue is how well they both do at and the difference they make to their respective clubs.

Post #497589  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:48 am 

Some rival fans rubbishing the transfers of Jesus and Zinchenko because they are ‘City rejects’. This isn’t like we’re signing John O’Shea and Phil Neville from the dominant Man U sides. I think both players will hugely surprise people this season.

Again the plan is clear. Last year was U23, some home grown emphasis and an emphasis on players with clear ball playing ability. Now we seem to be making signings who are slightly more experienced but still a great age (Vieira aside), prem experience is rated highly. If we can add a CM and. Right winger and shift most of the players we know we need to move them on paper the work done this window will have been spectacular

Post #497590  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:21 am 

Rich wrote:
Some rival fans rubbishing the transfers of Jesus and Zinchenko because they are ‘City rejects’. This isn’t like we’re signing John O’Shea and Phil Neville from the dominant Man U sides. I think both players will hugely surprise people this season.

Judging a transfer based only on what club the player is arriving from is a silly concept. Anyone we sign from a club bigger than Arsenal can be called a reject in some way based on that logic - and that includes players like Sanchez, Özil and Henry.

City have a massive squad full of very good players that aren't starting regularly. Players like Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, even Sterling and Bernardo Silva has had periods or entire seasons when they were rotated heavily. All those players would be nailed on starters at almost any club that isn't named Man City or Liverpool.

Post #497591  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:12 am 

Apparently the new black away kit made £1m in sales on the opening day

Post #497592  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:14 am 

warrior wrote:
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta reflects on 'demanding' Amazon documentary

https://www.espn.com.au/football/arsena ... ocumentary

I'm sure Arteta won't mind as much if the £11m we got from Amazon is pushed in to his transfer kitty.

The documentary is going to be fascinating, I found the Spurs and City ones a really interesting watch because you just don't get these behind the scenes access to top clubs. I doubt Arsenal have much say in the editing of it so there will be some cringe moments that rival fans will take the mick with but that goes with the territory when making these things.

Post #497593  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:27 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

What did he say?

Basically exactly that : beaten by a better player on the day.

Respect him for being a good loser

Post #497594  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:37 pm 

Fabrizio Romano:

"Many, many clubs in for Gabriel Magalhaes. He's not going to be easy one, because Arsenal don't have intention to sell him.

In case some top club will arrive for Gabriel, Pau Torres would be an option for Arsenal.

Post #497595  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:52 pm 

Came across this randomly. Iconic.

Pele’s last game took place on October 1 of 1977. The Giants Stadium of New Jersey hosted his two teams: New York Cosmos and Santos. He played the first half with the American team and the second one with the Brazilian team.
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali was among the spectators and after the game, both men met on the pitch.
Years later Pele said:
“Ali was my friend, my ideal and hero. We spent a lot of unforgettable days together and were always in great relations. He was a very joyful person who liked jokes. He used to tease me, saying that he was more famous than me.
"In cooperation with UNICEF, we worked with children as well. Once Ali said that football is more beautiful than boxing and then added: 'I am more handsome than you'."

Attachments:

Post #497596  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:57 pm 

Rich wrote:
Fabrizio Romano:

"Many, many clubs in for Gabriel Magalhaes. He's not going to be easy one, because Arsenal don't have intention to sell him.

In case some top club will arrive for Gabriel, Pau Torres would be an option for Arsenal.

Not under any circumstances. Simply untransferable. It shouldn’t even be contemplated 3 weeks before the season.

Post #497597  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:06 pm 

The next trailer for All or Nothing has been released. A lot juicier than the first.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1549 ... K3_2Id7VPQ

Post #497598  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:29 pm 

A wee bit of Fergie in him then? I didn't know he was like that....and I like it. Need a kick up the azz sometimes.

So Rich (and others), you've been far more involved in transfers in the league this summer. How would you rank/gauge our transfer business against the top 6 clubs and, although its impossible, try anyway to guess-ti-mate where we should end up?

Post #497599  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:03 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
A wee bit of Fergie in him then? I didn't know he was like that....and I like it. Need a kick up the azz sometimes.

So Rich (and others), you've been far more involved in transfers in the league this summer. How would you rank/gauge our transfer business against the top 6 clubs and, although its impossible, try anyway to guess-ti-mate where we should end up?

Right now in the top 6 you'd maybe have to say on paper Spurs have improved their squad the most, although I think if we get Zinchenko through then we could have that title.
Liverpool and Chelsea have so far replaced like-for-like. City have moved out two goal-scoring wide players and replaced with 2 goal-scoring No.9's - seems a very un-Pep-like set up, whether City are weaker or stronger depends solely on Haaland (who has had some injury issues as well). City also still have a surprisingly thin squad.
Man U for me had the most work to do and haven't done it yet. In a way the best piece of busienss they could do is finding a way to move Ronaldo on, I think most of their forward players play better without Ronaldo - Rashford, Martial, Sancho as a front 3 has decent potential and is the modern way of playing with 3 quick, versatile and direct forwards

Post #497600  Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:20 pm 

Not sure I would agree spurs have strengthened best. Bissouma yes, Richarlison meh but yes the rest don’t really impress me much.

I think by the time the season starts chelsea would be the one to keep an eye on with Sterling, koulibaly and possibly others about to arrive.

I think Gabriel Jesus is a real upgrade for us but Vieira is something of an exciting but unknown quantity and our new Ukrainian really fixing the problem of availability for a very good current fullback. It feels like we have only really enhanced one part of our first team.

I’d say the club have made a decisive but big call in signing vieira for 30 million I mean that money could have bought tielemans or Bissouma.

Right now I’m not doing a disservice to our new lads but My gut feel is unless a couple more major signings are made you won’t unseat anyone in the top 4.

[ 520210 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12437, 12438, 12439, 12440, 12441, 12442, 12443 ... 13006  Next