Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], john1, mcquilkie and 271 guests

Post #497641  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:41 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Rich wrote:
Arsenal Mexican talent Marcelo Flores will join Real Oviedo on loan deal valid until June 2023.

Arsenal Mexican talent eh?

Brings to mind Carlos Vela.

Who is now a teammate of our (as in Wales') greatest ever footballer at Los Angeles FC.

Post #497642  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:45 am 

Tierney and Tomiyasu both missing again. The number of comments on the internet about our first half defence was noticeable. Instead of criticising Nuno (who played over 80mins) they should be asking where is Tierney, who has failed to get himself fit since 31 March. Is Tomiyasu even a viable starter for early in the season? Zinco can't get to the club soon enough but then he will need to bed in. I see Zinco as our early season LB - lets hope he is good enough. It is hard to bed in Saliba if a number of the players who potentially could be first choice are absent, and he has no idea how they play.

Until November there are a lot of games and our squad isn't looking that strong. The LB, RB, & Partey's position are all essential and all where we are most vulnerable.

Post #497643  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:47 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Artetas comments after the game definitely lend gravitas to the suggestion we have to sell before we buy again.

I read it like that as well. Which is a shame because we could struggle to get the money in for all our cast offs combined to get another serious player.

Hopefully it is something like £25m Tielemans. We should be able to scrape that together. We should be getting at least £10m for Leno, Torreira must find a home for £8-10m, Mari is probably a free, Bellerin might struggle to get £5m, If Nelsen is under £3m or so then you might as well keep him with us for Europa group stages at least. Pépé, feels like that will need to be a loan.

Post #497644  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:56 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Artetas comments after the game definitely lend gravitas to the suggestion we have to sell before we buy again.

What did he say then? If you’re right (and I’ve not heard or read his comments), it surely supports the conclusion that he gave a much bigger priority to signing players in various other positions than deep midfield.

For example, firstly a new striker (completely understandable with Jesus). Secondly a creative midfielder Vieira who for all we know might end up as being a backup to presumably the next club captain Ødegaard. Thirdly, Zinchenko who may well be used mainly as cover for Tierney (assuming we do get him and our interest in Martinez was genuine). Fourthly a wider or more mobile attacking player if our interest in Raphina was genuine.

Have I forgotten anyone? Turner, who at most will be the new cup keeper and cover for Ramsdale, and if Leno’s move to Fulham doesn’t transpire then probably not even that.

With us not even competing with Tottenham for Bissouma and Tielemans allegedly being available for as little as £25m to £30m and apparently nothing having been done in getting the latter on board with the season a fortnight from starting (fifteen days to be pedantic), it does make me wonder if Arteta is happy with Partey and Xhaka as the deeper midfielders covered by Lokonga and possibly Maitland-Niles.

It’ll be fascinating to see whether we recruit Tielemans, if he’s seen as the deeper midfielder. Is it possible Arteta simply doesn’t fancy him and will make do with Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga and possibly Maitland-Niles? I would be very surprised if we change our playing style and Vieira is a regular starter with Ødegaard and one of Partey or Xhaka. Apart from against the weakest opposition or if we desperately need a substitute to create a late goal.

EDIT: I forgot Marquinhos. That presumably pushes Tielemans ever further down Arteta’s list of priorities.

Post #497645  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:29 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Tierney and Tomiyasu both missing again. The number of comments on the internet about our first half defence was noticeable. Instead of criticising Nuno (who played over 80mins) they should be asking where is Tierney, who has failed to get himself fit since 31 March. Is Tomiyasu even a viable starter for early in the season? Zinco can't get to the club soon enough but then he will need to bed in. I see Zinco as our early season LB - lets hope he is good enough. It is hard to bed in Saliba if a number of the players who potentially could be first choice are absent, and he has no idea how they play.

Until November there are a lot of games and our squad isn't looking that strong. The LB, RB, & Partey's position are all essential and all where we are most vulnerable.

Zinchenko was at the game sat next to Edu, he's already training with the squad. Expect Arsenal to officially announce it in about 3 weeks!

Right Back is important because Tomiyasu is not consistently fit
Right Wing is important to give Saka a break, Saka is very robust but that may be down to a fair bit of luck because he comes in for some rough treatment - its only a matter of time.
Def Mid is important because Partey is the most important cog in our entire system

Post #497646  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:35 am 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I read it like that as well. Which is a shame because we could struggle to get the money in for all our cast offs combined to get another serious player.

Hopefully it is something like £25m Tielemans. We should be able to scrape that together. We should be getting at least £10m for Leno, Torreira must find a home for £8-10m, Mari is probably a free, Bellerin might struggle to get £5m, If Nelsen is under £3m or so then you might as well keep him with us for Europa group stages at least. Pépé, feels like that will need to be a loan.

I don’t know if you read my last post above, but is it possible Arteta might be bending the truth? Perhaps Arteta simply doesn’t fancy Tielemans?

As you imply Rich, if Tielemans is around the £25m mark, in Premier League standards that’s pretty close to being peanuts. Indeed, a small bag of peanuts. So much so that if Edu contacted Josh to say Arteta is desperate to sign him so can you ask your dad if he’ll meet the cost, I honestly believe considering our expenditure so far this summer and last summer, that if Josh did that Stan would now say go ahead.

That wouldn’t have always been the case. But now I reckon it probably is.

Post #497647  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:41 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

What did he say then? If you’re right (and I’ve not heard or read his comments), it surely supports the conclusion that he gave a much bigger priority to signing players in various other positions than deep midfield.

For example, firstly a new striker (completely understandable with Jesus). Secondly a creative midfielder Vieira who for all we know might end up as being a backup to presumably the next club captain Ødegaard. Thirdly, Zinchenko who may well be used mainly as cover for Tierney (assuming we do get him and our interest in Martinez was genuine). Fourthly a wider or more mobile attacking player if our interest in Raphina was genuine.

Have I forgotten anyone? Turner, who at most will be the new cup keeper and cover for Ramsdale, and if Leno’s move to Fulham doesn’t transpire then probably not even that.

With us not even competing with Tottenham for Bissouma and Tielemans allegedly being available for as little as £25m to £30m and apparently nothing having been done in getting the latter on board with the season a fortnight from starting (fifteen days to be pedantic), it does make me wonder if Arteta is happy with Partey and Xhaka as the deeper midfielders covered by Lokonga and possibly Maitland-Niles.

It’ll be fascinating to see whether we recruit Tielemans, if he’s seen as the deeper midfielder. Is it possible Arteta simply doesn’t fancy him and will make do with Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga and possibly Maitland-Niles? I would be very surprised if we change our playing style and Vieira is a regular starter with Ødegaard and one of Partey or Xhaka. Apart from against the weakest opposition or if we desperately need a substitute to create a late goal.

EDIT: I forgot Marquinhos. That presumably pushes Tielemans ever further down Arteta’s list of priorities.

I think Arteta currently sees Elneny as the Partey back up in the system we play with a single defensive mid. I think if Xhaka or Lokonga play deeper they play as part of a pair - or at least I think they need to!

Tielemans can and has played deeper but again I see him as part of a deeper two, or a 'double pivot' as football hipsters call it.

I think Arteta has been clear his preference is for a 4-3-3 and the 3 in midfield being a lone deep player and 2 No.8's, much like City have played for a number of years. Last year Xhaka played that advanced left sided 8, his position was much higher once Arteta switched. But Xhaka is not what Arteta really wants as that 8, potentially this is why Vieira was recruited but also why we are looking at someone like Tielemans for that position - or even using Zinchenko there as I think he's capable

Post #497648  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:45 am 

I think it's simply economics Bernard. Vieira sounded like it was a deal that required the club to act decisively and quickly. I don't think this necessarily means Tielemans isn't favoured or fancied by Arteta, it could simply mean that he knows he can get him at any point in this window so it wasn't one of the pressing deals. Once he frees up some space he may make is move.

I think you may be overthinking the rationale behind it. That's not to say you're wrong, just the way I read it is that it's just about freeing the space in the squad both physically and financially.

Post #497649  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:50 am 

Rich wrote:
I think Arteta currently sees Elneny as the Partey back up in the system we play with a single defensive mid. I think if Xhaka or Lokonga play deeper they play as part of a pair - or at least I think they need to!

Tielemans can and has played deeper but again I see him as part of a deeper two, or a 'double pivot' as football hipsters call it.

I think Arteta has been clear his preference is for a 4-3-3 and the 3 in midfield being a lone deep player and 2 No.8's, much like City have played for a number of years. Last year Xhaka played that advanced left sided 8, his position was much higher once Arteta switched. But Xhaka is not what Arteta really wants as that 8, potentially this is why Vieira was recruited but also why we are looking at someone like Tielemans for that position - or even using Zinchenko there as I think he's capable

What makes you think Xhaka “is not what Arteta really wants as that 8”? Do you not see Xhaka as a first choice starter next season?

Post #497650  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:54 am 

Darren wrote:
I think it's simply economics Bernard. Vieira sounded like it was a deal that required the club to act decisively and quickly. I don't think this necessarily means Tielemans isn't favoured or fancied by Arteta, it could simply mean that he knows he can get him at any point in this window so it wasn't one of the pressing deals. Once he frees up some space he may make is move.

I think you may be overthinking the rationale behind it. That's not to say you're wrong, just the way I read it is that it's just about freeing the space in the squad both physically and financially.

Perhaps I am overthinking it Darren.

Post #497651  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:13 am 

Maybe Arteta sees Zinchenko as a CM who can fill in at LB or LM if required. Pep says he seems him more as a creative midfielder and he only really played left back to help the team out.

Just saying.

Post #497652  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:15 am 

Bernard wrote:
Darren wrote:

Yes, give that braincell a rest Bernard. :laughing7:

Post #497653  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:15 am 

Thoughts?

Post #497654  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:41 am 

socrates wrote:
Maybe Arteta sees Zinchenko as a CM who can fill in at LB or LM if required. Pep says he seems him more as a creative midfielder and he only really played left back to help the team out.

Just saying.

He may well play there a bit but despite pep saying that he didn’t play him there at all and regardless if we loan out Tavares he will start a decent number of games at left back. I guess with only a few weeks to go we could see Ben white and Zinchenko start as fullbacks in our first game.

Post #497655  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:15 am 

socrates wrote:

Just saying.

Morning Soc.

I do think we're looking to bring in a CM, but I think we may see deals now being done late in the window. We may not have them in place for the start of the season, which isn't ideal, but I think we can only control part of what we want to do. The rest is a case of waiting to see how the dominoes fall I guess?

Post #497656  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:28 pm 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Yes, give that braincell a rest Bernard. :laughing7:

Afternoon socrates. I just think there’s a danger in under estimating how highly Arteta rates Xhaka. These are quotes I’ve seen attributed to Xhaka.

“Without Arteta, I would not be here at Arsenal anymore. He helped me a lot when I was completely down.He took me aside, helped me with small things, tactically, as a person, between the team and the club, tried to help me as well with the fans."

Xhaka on almost joining Roma in 2021 "It was very close. Mikel was the guy with Edu, they didn't let me go because they wanted to keep me here. The door was open for me to leave the club as well. But in the end, people decided to keep me here."

Xhaka " I love Arsenal, I love the people around it. They treat me every time with a lot of respect, I try to give the respect back."

Xhaka on Mikel Arteta "He is a freak in a positive way. Tactically, he knows everything. How he prepares the team before training, before the games, is unbelievable. I had a lot of coaches, but I have to put Mikel as one of the top ones in my career."

Back to me. I realise the comments if they’re genuine are by Xhaka rather than Arteta himself. But Arteta must have acted in such a way to give him those opinions. I strongly suspect Xhaka is one of the first names Arteta puts on the team sheet. Hence I really believe if anyone thinks Arteta is going to replace Xhaka with Tielemans anytime soon, they’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

Post #497657  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:08 pm 

Arsenal's Granit Xhaka talks to ESPN about Arteta's influence, fixing relationship with fans, Europa League goals

https://www.espn.com.au/football/arsena ... ague-goals

Post #497658  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:51 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

What makes you think Xhaka “is not what Arteta really wants as that 8”? Do you not see Xhaka as a first choice starter next season?

With the current squad I do think he's a certain starter, and I also think his contribution to the team is rated higher by Arteta than 99% of Arsenal fans - however, (and this is just my opinion) if as I suspect Arteta wants to truly replicate the Man City 2 No.8s, then Xhaka's skillset is not what any City player who played in those positions had. In that system I think of players at City like De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Foden - even Gundogan. Xhaka has his worth but he's better deeper for me than he is in a left side position, high up to mirror Ødegaard

Post #497659  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:32 pm 

Uwe Seeler dies. Farewell you deadly striker - you broke our hearts in 1970, but you were a great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3JBN1vAe0

Post #497660  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:46 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Uwe Seeler dies. Farewell you deadly striker - you broke our hearts in 1970, but you were a great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3JBN1vAe0

That is sad.

Post #497661  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:20 pm 

Rich wrote:
Bernard wrote:

With the current squad I do think he's a certain starter, and I also think his contribution to the team is rated higher by Arteta than 99% of Arsenal fans - however, (and this is just my opinion) if as I suspect Arteta wants to truly replicate the Man City 2 No.8s, then Xhaka's skillset is not what any City player who played in those positions had. In that system I think of players at City like De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Foden - even Gundogan. Xhaka has his worth but he's better deeper for me than he is in a left side position, high up to mirror Ødegaard

Someone accused me of trying to overthink things earlier. I wonder if you’re doing exactly the same with stuff like wanting to replicate two number 8s. I suspect it’s far easier. Arteta rates Xhaka and will put him in the team.

Post #497662  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:08 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

Someone accused me of trying to overthink things earlier. I wonder if you’re doing exactly the same with stuff like wanting to replicate two number 8s. I suspect it’s far easier. Arteta rates Xhaka and will put him in the team.

Possibly, but on the flip side so many of the moves Arteta has made re-building our squad have been similar to the philosophy Pep has had/currently has at City.
Installing a ball playing GK
Playing a lop sided formation with an inverted full back
Attacking in a 3-2-5 formation
Moving from a double pivot to a lone 6 as an elite holding mid (Fernandinho....Rodri....Partey)
Ensuring width is maintained at all times when attacking, even the winger on the opposite side of the ball stays high and wide (listen to Henry talk about this from his time working with Pep)
I wouldn't be unrealistic to think Arteta wants to move to 2 players in his central midfield with a skillset more like Ødegaard's.

Post #497663  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:11 pm 

https://www.planetfootball.com/trending ... ng-arteta/

There are flashes we've already seen from Jesus that really make me quietly excited. He comes alive in the box, and not just in a 'tap in' way. Dribbling, link play, fast feet, gets his shots away. I think both he and Nketiah will surprise people this season.

Post #497664  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:12 am 

Yet we can’t admit the problem. We trot on ignoring the damage

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 28542.html

Post #497665  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:33 am 

On the formation I don’t think its even a question Rich is right. It’s also one of the most interesting points to watch for this season.

Arteta has been on record before talking about his preferred midfield system and that it requires very specific players. He’s a graduate of la Masia and used to be a roommate of iniesta. How Barca and the guardiola teams have set themselves up for a long time now is with a midfield 3, one player who holds and assumes the defensive burden (Busquets, Fernandinho) and 2 who have more freedom (Iniesta, de bruyne)

This is what arteta seems to want and has played this last season. I still don’t think we have the right players as it requires a fast aggressive holding player who can beat the press and I’m not sure that’s xhaka or even Partey possibly. We are also missing the 8 player LCM and this could be Tielemans (they will probably try vieira there too at some point)

Therefore I think we are still missing 2 players essential to the system required. Now we may be able to bring one in but I doubt 2 and the player who plays deepest is a very expensive buy as rodri cost 62 million and a -player like neves would cost similar.

I anticipate if we sign Tielemans we may try the system again this year but it still may not work and we have to revert to the 2 player pivot in which case xhaka will get a lot of games alongside partey in a 2 with Ødegaard taking the creative burden.

Post #497666  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:35 am 

Rich wrote:
https://www.planetfootball.com/trending/gabriel-jesus-arsenal-turn-run-shot-orlando-city-signing-arteta/

There are flashes we've already seen from Jesus that really make me quietly excited. He comes alive in the box, and not just in a 'tap in' way. Dribbling, link play, fast feet, gets his shots away. I think both he and Nketiah will surprise people this season.

Hi Rich,

I think Nketiah and Lokonga might both surprise a few this season. Especially if Lokonga plays a little further up the field where he looks far more at home.

I am hoping for a breakout season from Martinelli. However, I think that is mostly hope at the moment rather than any strong conviction that it will be. He has the talent but he needs to start turning that into more goals and assists.

Post #497667  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:38 am 

Can somebody explain Jesse lingard signing for forest.

Makes no sense. They must have literally offered him so much money he didn’t care anymore. Even Newcastle and West Ham baulked

Post #497668  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:42 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
On the formation I don’t think its even a question Rich is right. It’s also one of the most interesting points to watch for this season.

Arteta has been on record before talking about his preferred midfield system and that it requires very specific players. He’s a graduate of la Masia and used to be a roommate of iniesta. How Barca and the guardiola teams have set themselves up for a long time now is with a midfield 3, one player who holds and assumes the defensive burden (Busquets, Fernandinho) and 2 who have more freedom (Iniesta, de bruyne)

This is what arteta seems to want and has played this last season. I still don’t think we have the right players as it requires a fast aggressive holding player who can beat the press and I’m not sure that’s xhaka or even Partey possibly. We are also missing the 8 player LCM and this could be Tielemans (they will probably try vieira there too at some point)

Therefore I think we are still missing 2 players essential to the system required. Now we may be able to bring one in but I doubt 2 and the player who plays deepest is a very expensive buy as rodri cost 62 million and a -player like neves would cost similar.

I anticipate if we sign Tielemans we may try the system again this year but it still may not work and we have to revert to the 2 player pivot in which case xhaka will get a lot of games alongside partey in a 2 with Ødegaard taking the creative burden.

I may be wrong but it feels we are missing that strong, midfield enforcer who can intimidate but also play in equal measure, a modern day Graeme Souness if you like.

I know people might say those kinds of players are extinct now but they are pure gold on a cold night up north where the opponents try to rattle you physically.
Too often we've capitulated in those kinds of games, probably not since the days of Vieira and Petit have we been physically intimidating in the centre of the park.

Midfield enforcers may not be Arteta's cup of tea but unless you are loaded with absolute top quality technical players all over the pitch like City and Guardiola's previous Barca sides you can't get away with not having a few big, powerful players. Even then Barca had a genius as the fulcrum of the side.

Don't ask me who fits that bill of a midfield enforcer, certainly not Tielemans as good a player as he is.

Post #497669  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:49 am 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I may be wrong but it feels we are missing that strong, midfield enforcer who can intimidate but also play in equal measure, a modern day Graeme Souness if you like.

I know people might say those kinds of players are extinct now but they are pure gold on a cold night up north where the opponents try to rattle you physically.
Too often we've capitulated in those kinds of games, probably not since the days of Vieira and Petit have we been physically intimidating in the centre of the park.

Don't ask me who fits that bill, certainly not Tielemans as good a player as he is.

The only player I usually watch who fits the profile and who is attainable who seems to have great technical ability but also gives it out is Reuben Neves. He’s not an enforcer but a combative player whose passing can launch attacks. With an unlimited budget he would probably be the one I’d plump for. Kavlin Phillips would have added mobility and aggression. Yes I think we are still lacking in this area and it will hurt us.

Post #497670  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:51 am 

Saliba is an interesting one. He has a physical presence and pace but plays in a really calm, measured way.

He's certainly not the finished article and will make mistakes but I like his skillset.

My big concern is him not signing a new deal before the season starts. If he does well the big clubs will be all over him next summer.

Post #497671  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:04 am 

Okay, maybe I don't have the eagle for skills as most people, but I've seen nothing that justified Saliba not getting any minutes before now.
Until its proven otherwise, I will still assume it wasn't about his football skills or lack thereof but something else: attitude, whatever.
I hope the documentary clears it up.

Post #497672  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Yep and it’s going to cost us all another £300 per person. The ‘critical incident’ being declared in Dover due to the gridlock causing huge border control issues is hilarious. They voted to remove freedom of movement and they now literally can’t move. *%^@ them. Brexit Is and will always be a total disaster.

But I repeat, it will take years for people to see it fully. And it has to be allowed to play out. Many people think the only reason it’s so bad is that it’s being executed badly. They need to connect the dots fully for themselves however long that takes.

Post #497673  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:30 pm 

A bit of talk on the Partey back-up/replacement. It is a really difficult one because there are so few players in world football who can play that lone 6 to such a high level. The amount of ability you need is outrageous.
There are all the defensive attributes of a holding midfielder....
Defensively aware
break up play
cut off passing lines
physically strong
aerially good
great anticipation
winning second balls

but then on top of that you have to have the skills of a traditional attacking midfielder
receive the ball in tight areas
immaculate first touch
play one touch a lot of the time
progressive passing up the pitch short and long
ability to dribble out of pressure

If you can identify those skills in a young player then great. I think that was our plan for Lokonga, who doesn't look quite comfortable in the role yet. Camavinga and Tchoumeni were two others but Madrid have snapped both of them up

Post #497674  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:51 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Yep and it’s going to cost us all another £300 per person. The ‘critical incident’ being declared in Dover due to the gridlock causing huge border control issues is hilarious. They voted to remove freedom of movement and they now literally can’t move. *%^@ them. Brexit Is and will always be a total disaster.

But I repeat, it will take years for people to see it fully. And it has to be allowed to play out. Many people think the only reason it’s so bad is that it’s being executed badly. They need to connect the dots fully for themselves however long that takes.

Off on holiday next week. Not looking forward to potential chaos at the airport, not sure my 8 year old considers waiting around for delays an acceptable trade off for her sovereignty. I’ll try explaining it though.

Post #497675  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:26 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

Off on holiday next week. Not looking forward to potential chaos at the airport, not sure my 8 year old considers waiting around for delays an acceptable trade off for her sovereignty. I’ll try explaining it though.

Same, I'm off to Stockholm for a few days. I've told my kids it's a small price to pay for straight bananas and having control of our borders even through we had complete control of them before. They understand.

Post #497676  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:01 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Same, I'm off to Stockholm for a few days. I've told my kids it's a small price to pay for straight bananas and having control of our borders even through we had complete control of them before. They understand.

Gonna be a challenge next week trying to get the kids to eat those weird bananas then in stockholm then. I’m off to North America and the kids are looking forward to escaping the EU’s bureaucracy that specifies their pizzas have to be a certain size. Excitement has reached boiling point In our house on this.

Always wanted to go to Stockholm, ashamed to say it’s a European city I’ve never visited. Heard it’s great and the people are super friendly which is certainly the case when I’ve met swedes on my travels

Post #497677  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

Gonna be a challenge next week trying to get the kids to eat those weird bananas then in stockholm then. I’m off to North America and the kids are looking forward to escaping the EU’s bureaucracy that specifies their pizzas have to be a certain size. Excitement has reached boiling point In our house on this.

Always wanted to go to Stockholm, ashamed to say it’s a European city I’ve never visited. Heard it’s great and the people are super friendly which is certainly the case when I’ve met swedes on my travels

Stockholm is fab. My girlfriend is from there and it's everything you want from a European city. The people are really nice too, but they will also speak their minds, which I love.

Careful with those deregulated pizzas. Could turn nasty.

Post #497678  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:43 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

I’ve been there a few times on business and was very glad that it wasn’t me paying for the alcohol. I hope that you’ve been saving up.

Wonderful city.

Post #497679  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:47 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I’ve been there a few times on business and was very glad that it wasn’t me paying for the alcohol. I hope that you’ve been saving up.

Wonderful city.

Was there last year and it's not that much more expensive than London now for booze. You're right that it's wonderful though.

Post #497680  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:36 pm 

Two updates from Fabrizio Romano
"Arsenal are really tough on the market on selling players. They want to sell some players, but at their conditions.

He also gave an update on Tielemans, he said Arsenal are really sold on the player and the player has Arsenal as his "priority", but said we have to act fast.

[ 520210 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12439, 12440, 12441, 12442, 12443, 12444, 12445 ... 13006  Next