Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 303 guests

Post #472361  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 am 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Agree with this assessment.

Well no *%^@, everyone agrees he's a top class player (except maybe for bubblechris). That's why it's important to focus on not having to see his rather stupid face, or his kamikaze dribbles outside his own penalty area.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed Hazuki?

Post #472362  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 am 

bromley gooner wrote:

Not at all, just think it's healthier to focus on his face or terribly dull IG account rather than how good a footballer he is now that he's gone.

Post #472363  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 am 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Not at all, just think it's healthier to focus on his face or terribly dull IG account rather than how good a footballer he is now that he's gone.

:icon_mrgreen: let's hope Mik, Aubameyang or whoever can replace his game-winning qualities.

Post #472364  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 am 

RIP Jimmy Armfield.
A true gent, who's informative insights as a co-commentator will be sadly missed.

Post #472365  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:13 am 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Agree with this assessment.

Well no *%^@, everyone agrees he's a top class player (except maybe for bubblechris). That's why it's important to focus on not having to see his rather stupid face, or his kamikaze dribbles outside his own penalty area.

Haz you are wrong and making untrue statements because you are shortsighted.

Until the beginning of the year I thought he was a great player and to the last game appreciated what he did for the club when he played and put in 100%.

Imo I believe it was around the beginning of the year when I started questioning his contribution to the team and the club. I believe I showed stats that proved he was no longer as efficient as he could have been and was calling for him to be played up front where I believe he scored more goals.

Right or wrong I believe I am a better reader of the player's game than you are. He was a busted flush many many months back and caused many problems to the team. If you can't see that then more fool you ad the others that criticised my concerns.

I know I have been proved right..............

Post #472366  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:20 am 

So Sanchez is a busted flush this season yet Welbeck who falls over his feet 90% of the time in the penalty area is a great “multi functional footballer”

I’ve never read such bollocks, even Sanchez at his very worst this season (when he knew he was leaving and was just auditioning for his next contract) was better than any of our other attacking players with maybe the exception of Özil.

Post #472367  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:35 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Haz you are wrong and making untrue statements because you are shortsighted.

At one point I'm pretty sure you said he was 'currently average' or something to that effect, that's what I was getting at. I also remember you asking what he'd done after christmas (answer being 12 goals in 21 games in the league in the 2017 part of the 16/17 season, and probably a decent number of assists as well).

Don't think it's unfair to say that you rated him lower than most Arsenal fans, or that you didn't always consider him top class.

Post #472368  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
So Sanchez is a busted flush this season yet Welbeck who falls over his feet 90% of the time in the penalty area is a great “multi functional footballer”

I’ve never read such bollocks, even Sanchez at his very worst this season (when he knew he was leaving and was just auditioning for his next contract) was better than any of our other attacking players with maybe the exception of Özil.

Errrr did I not say that Welbeck imo was no longer of value to us? Again I'm not saying he's crap but there are better players out there doing the business where Welbeck has been falling flat on his face recently so maybe a loan spell might help him or a move away as a last resort.

Post #472369  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:32 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I don't know why you have to keep having a go at Welbeck. When on form, he's a bloody good player and is the least of our problems. Sanchez doesn't want to play for Arsenal and at 29, as somebody said (it might even have been you) will probably turn out to be another short-term signing for Manchester United. Mind you, whether he'll be as successful there as van Persie is doubtful, as van Persie did win the league there and it remains to be seen if Sanchez does.

It's time to move on from Sanchez. An outstanding player but not one who was good enough to transform Arsenal from the Wengerised underachievers we've become under Arsene to title challengers. Mind you, that point applies to every other player we've signed over the last decade or so. Hence I'm not saying that's a reflection on him, or any other the others.

Post #472370  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42777794

If this happened it would be a deal worth trying for in the summer.

Post #472371  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
We also have to ask ourselves how Tottenham have been able to keep Kane and Ali, who have to come under the attention of major clubs. Its only been very recent Tottenham have finished above us and we are the bigger club globally. Why do we lose our best players and they keep theirs?
Dunno. Ask Berbatov, Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale and Walker!

Post #472372  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:29 pm 

john1 wrote:
...certainly not someone I recognise as 'Arsenal'.
To be fair, nor did he ever claim to be. He is just the epitome of the modern Premiership player - here for the money and loyalty to a club is a far distant secondary consideration. And who would blame him for that? He has watched his own team manager given *%^@ by certain supporters. So much for loyalty. Sanchez did nothing wrong in declining a new contract. He gave a good account of himself while here and was an important reason for our FA Cup wins and European qualifications.

Post #472373  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
El Nenny and Xhaka never get caught offside. Perfect footballers
And as for Čech and Ospina...

Post #472374  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:43 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
john1 wrote:
...certainly not someone I recognise as 'Arsenal'.
To be fair, nor did he ever claim to be. He is just the epitome of the modern Premiership player - here for the money and loyalty to a club is a far distant secondary consideration. And who would blame him for that? He has watched his own team manager given *%^@ by certain supporters. So much for loyalty. Sanchez did nothing wrong in declining a new contract. He gave a good account of himself while here and was an important reason for our FA Cup wins and European qualifications.

:2laughter: I can just see Sanchez chatting to the dogs, 'I really want to stay at Arsenal guys, but these WOBs and the disrespect they show Senor Wenger, it's driving me away...'.

Post #472375  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:52 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

:2laughter: I can just see Sanchez chatting to the dogs, 'I really want to stay at Arsenal guys, but these WOBs and the disrespect they show Senor Wenger, it's driving me away...'.

Sanchez is the last of the AKB, forcing a move to United as a protest.

Post #472376  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:20 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
And who would blame him for that? He has watched his own team manager given *%^@ by certain supporters. So much for loyalty.

I see Hoy's done his post again.

Post #472377  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:23 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Sanchez is the last of the AKB, forcing a move to United as a protest.

Let's just hope the northern refs don't target him for his previous association with the hottest team in London.

Post #472378  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Sanchez did nothing wrong in declining a new contract.

Such a shame that Wenger didn't do the same.

Post #472379  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:39 pm 

Henry Bolton and Arsene Wenger seem to be cut from the same stubborn cloth. Although Bolton will be gone long before Wenger.

Post #472380  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:52 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Henry Bolton and Arsene Wenger seem to be cut from the same stubborn cloth.

Only way to deal with a noisy minority.

Post #472381  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
We also have to ask ourselves how Tottenham have been able to keep Kane and Ali, who have to come under the attention of major clubs. Its only been very recent Tottenham have finished above us and we are the bigger club globally. Why do we lose our best players and they keep theirs?

lol..omoh, the recent incarnation of the scum. They were weak then. Walker could be the one exception...maybe since they become good.

Post #472382  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don't know why you have to keep having a go at Welbeck. When on form, he's a bloody good player and is the least of our problems.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Welbeck, he's a trier and deserves a place in the squad but he's awful just awful in front of goal and I'm not sure if you can compete at the highest level with someone like him up top if you wish to win a title.

My response was more based on Bubblechris comment which he then deleted that Sanchez was a busted flush. To describe Xhaka and Welbeck as "bloody good players" whilst saying Sanchez has been of permanently offside, overplaying and useless is utterly ridiculous

Post #472383  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:43 pm 

Thought this was a pretty good read:

Why the departure of Alexis Sanchez might open a window for Arsenal to rediscover their identity

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 71326.html

Trigger warning for Daz, as it contains the sentence 'Arsene Wenger put it as eloquently as ever.'

Post #472384  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:04 pm 

john1 wrote:

I think on the whole I won't miss him. Great player, but same reasons as you and also struck me as too selfish a player. Not someone I warmed to, and certainly not someone I recognise as 'Arsenal'.

and which players do you recognise as 'Arsenal " ............ Ramsay

Post #472385  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 pm 

Mkhitaryan has officially signed.

I love how the club is casually trying to make it sound as if they're giving up Sanchez to get Mkhitaryan.

Post #472386  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:15 pm 

News outlets now announcing the Sanchez - Mkhitaryan deal is done.

Post #472387  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I don't know why you have to keep having a go at Welbeck. When on form, he's a bloody good player and is the least of our problems.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Welbeck, he's a trier and deserves a place in the squad but he's awful just awful in front of goal and I'm not sure if you can compete at the highest level with someone like him up top if you wish to win a title.

My response was more based on Bubblechris comment which he then deleted that Sanchez was a busted flush. To describe Xhaka and Welbeck as "bloody good players" whilst saying Sanchez has been of permanently offside, overplaying and useless is utterly ridiculous

Really I deleted it? Try looking for it it's post 489402 fyi.

Post #472388  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:25 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

lol..omoh, the recent incarnation of the scum. They were weak then. Walker could be the one exception...maybe since they become good.
I prefer to wait and see how many of Tottenham's best players are still with them in a couple of years time before engaging in yet more Arsenal bashing. I know that, and wanting us to win matches makes me an awful supporter, but there you go. "Fly me to the moon...''

Post #472389  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:28 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Oh sorry there it is indeed. Apologies you did in fact write a stupidly *%^@ post and left there undeleted

Post #472390  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:30 pm 

Great to see an Armenian at Arsenal. Have we ever had one before? If Obamayang from Gabon is on, then that could be another first. Exciting times.

Post #472391  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:33 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Oh sorry there it is indeed. Apologies you did in fact write a stupidly *%^@ post and left there undeleted

Whatever :icon_silent:

Certainly makes for exciting games to come. Looking very interesting and feel certain we can make 4th now.

Man U will start racking early on imo. Lukaku will get a rest and Sanchez will play up front initially.

What will you all moan about now.............

Post #472392  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:41 pm 

Arsène Wenger added:

“Henrikh is a very complete player. He creates chances, he defends well, he can absorb distances and he’s very committed as well. I must say he’s a player who has all the attributes.”

I'd put "absorbing distances" above scoring goals any day of the week :laughing7:

Post #472393  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:46 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
What will you all moan about now.............
I think there is still plenty of mileage in you-know-who.

Post #472394  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:49 pm 

Can Mkhitaryan play tomorrow?

Anyone know................

Post #472395  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:51 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

He came on as sub v Bristol City so is cup tied

Post #472396  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:08 pm 

Rich wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

He came on as sub v Bristol City so is cup tied

Bugga. Swansea (A) or Everton (H) for his debut then.

Post #472397  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
I know that, and wanting us to win matches makes me an awful supporter, but there you go. "Fly me to the moon...''

The Hoy Variations.

Post #472398  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:31 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
john1 wrote:

I think on the whole I won't miss him. Great player, but same reasons as you and also struck me as too selfish a player. Not someone I warmed to, and certainly not someone I recognise as 'Arsenal'.

and which players do you recognise as 'Arsenal " ............ Ramsay

Hmm, nice try.

Nope, not him neither. (Grammar alert - is it neither? Or should it be either?)

Post #472399  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:33 pm 

john1 wrote:
Hmm, nice try.

Nope, not him neither.

Don't give in so easily, it only reinforces kiwis belief that he's a hard man.

Ramsey certainly feels like 'Arsenal' to me. As does Wilshere, Monreal and a couple of others.

Post #472400  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Don't give in so easily, it only reinforces kiwis belief that he's a hard man.

Still smarting from the CNN jibes ...?

As a mere junior sheep shagger John 1 knows his place ...speaking of hard men , you're little fiesty yourself today ; on the brannvin .

[ 562427 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11807, 11808, 11809, 11810, 11811, 11812, 11813 ... 14061  Next