Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: AmericanGooner, Bing [Bot], Decaf, warrior and 274 guests

Post #510081  Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:30 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Seems Elneny has tested positive for COVID-19.

Big increase this week with 16 new cases.

Lots of travel probably not helping much here as players move outside of their Premier League bubbles.

Post #510082  Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:03 pm 

:laughing7:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co ... 06195/amp/

Post #510083  Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:41 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

If it’s true, which judging by most transfer gossip it probably isn’t, it can only mean Inter’s manager thinks Xhaka is better than Eriksen.

Post #510084  Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:48 pm 

It's nice to reminisce sometimes.

Post #510085  Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:32 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

If it’s true, which judging by most transfer gossip it probably isn’t, it can only mean Inter’s manager thinks Xhaka is better than Eriksen.

Yeah it’s definitely made up !

Post #510086  Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:34 pm 

Eddie misses pen but scores 2 in England u21's 5-0 victory over the mighty Albanians.

Post #510087  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:39 am 

Willian has to have a Covid test after returning from Dubai, before he can train with first team. He had no call up for the Brazil side. He went to Dubai for a steak dinner.

Post #510088  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:49 am 

Zed wrote:
Willian has to have a Covid test after returning from Dubai, before he can train with first team. He had no call up for the Brazil side. He went to Dubai for a steak dinner.

I saw that, he went to that Salt Bae guys place. Utterly ridiculous

If he tests positive he should be docked 2 weeks wages whilst he isolates and he should be dropped regardless. Arsenal are in the *%^@ right now how about a bit of focus and replenishment.

Post #510089  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:37 am 

Zed wrote:

In 2016, went to Edinburgh specifically for a dinner (at Tom Kitchin’s Michelin Star restaurant). As we do now, we lived in Hertfordshire so it was one hell of a way to go for dinner.

But Edinburgh is a damn site nearer than Dubai.

Post #510090  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:46 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Zed wrote:

If he tests positive he should be docked 2 weeks wages whilst he isolates and he should be dropped regardless. Arsenal are in the *%^@ right now how about a bit of focus and replenishment.

You are generous - 2 weeks is not enough.

Post #510091  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:56 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Zed wrote:

Wow. Willian is an utter moron.

Why would you even do that?

Post #510092  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:01 am 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Because he is a professional footballer earning huge amounts of money. Living in a bubble is about right.

Post #510093  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:10 am 

dec wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Because he is a professional footballer earning huge amounts of money. Living in a bubble is about right.

Getting paid huge amounts of money, more like. Earning? No.

Utterly loathsome and out of step with ‘ordinary’ people.

Post #510094  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:50 am 

If you were stuck locked down for months anyway and all of a sudden could go anywhere in the world would you really pick Dubai anyway.

To put my hands up the place has never appealed to me and I think it’s likely I will exit this world without visiting it. The people who tend to go there are a certain type. If anyone has been and disagrees feel free to pull me up on this.

Be interesting to see what Arteta does with this, if it was Alex Ferguson or George Graham then Black eyed peas would be dropped for the foreseeable (which he should be anyway in my opinion)

Post #510095  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:59 am 

Bernard wrote:
Zed wrote:

In 2016, went to Edinburgh specifically for a dinner (at Tom Kitchin’s Michelin Star restaurant). As we do now, we lived in Hertfordshire so it was one hell of a way to go for dinner.

How was the grub Bernard ?

Reason for asking was I went to my first proper Michelin star restaurant a few months back (Marcus Wareings place ) and I have to say it was a big let down. I do appreciate good food and drink But it was every criticism anyone ever usually makes about these places. 7 courses Pretentious, some tasty some over complicated and the bill was hysterically astronomical :laughing7: however we expected that.

That said I’d rather go there than Salt Baes divvy steak restaurant in Dubai

Post #510096  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:10 am 

I’m puzzled. Marcus Rashford is now getting plaudits for an initiative to ‘make books available to all children’.

Isn’t that what libraries do?

Post #510097  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:16 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Reason for asking was I went to my first proper Michelin star restaurant a few months back (Marcus Wareings place ) and I have to say it was a big let down. I do appreciate good food and drink But it was every criticism anyone ever usually makes about these places. 7 courses Pretentious, some tasty some over complicated and the bill was hysterically astronomical :laughing7: however we expected that.

It’s the best restaurant we’ve been to. We love fine dining and have been to many Michelin Star restaurants, including those with two stars. The Kitchin was the equal of any two star restaurant I’ve been to, and better than some.

You have to put aside at least a hundred quid per head if you’re going to one, though at some places that can be brought down if you avoid wine. Even in a bog standard non-Michelin Star restaurant, the cost of the wine is excessive. In a bog standard restaurant I’ve paid £35 for a bottle you can get for £5 or £6 from a supermarket.

I’ve been to Marcus Waring’s place when it had two stars. It’s since lost a star, so is now only a one Michelin Star restaurant. Ironically, Marcus had given a semi-critical interview about the Michelin system when he said not enough restaurants lose stars. I wonder if that’s why they took one from his place?

There’s one a short walk from Chelsea’s ground, the Harwood Arms. A couple of times when Arsenal have played there, me and an Arsenal supporting friend (a former member of the forum) went there before (last season’s 2-2 draw) and after (our 3-5 win a few years back when van Persis got a hat trick) the game.

One I haven’t been to yet is Glynn Purnell’s restaurant in Birmingham. My intention is to go there when Arsenal are playing Villa away. But the behind closed doors doors policy is putting that idea at risk this season.

Post #510098  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:30 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

It’s the best restaurant we’ve been to. We love fine dining and have been to many Michelin Star restaurants, including those with two stars. The Kitchin was the equal of any two star restaurant I’ve been to, and better than some.

You have to put aside at least a hundred quid per head if you’re going to one, though at some places that can be brought down if you avoid wine. Even in a bog standard non-Michelin Star restaurant, the cost of the wine is excessive. In a bog standard restaurant I’ve paid £35 for a bottle you can get for £5 or £6 from a supermarket.

I’ve been to Marcus Waring’s place when it had two stars. It’s since lost a star, so is now only a one Michelin Star restaurant. Ironically, Marcus had given a semi-critical interview about the Michelin system when he said not enough restaurants lose stars. I wonder if that’s why they took one from his place?

There’s one a short walk from Chelsea’s ground, the Harwood Arms. A couple of times when Arsenal have played there, me and an Arsenal supporting friend (a former member of the forum) went there before (last season’s 2-2 draw) and after (our 3-5 win a few years back when van Persis got a hat trick) the game.

One I haven’t been to yet is Glynn Purnell’s restaurant in Birmingham. My intention is to go there when Arsenal are playing Villa away. But the behind closed doors doors policy is putting that idea at risk this season.

I think the bill we ran up up Marcus Wareings was about 1300 quid between the 4 of us for their testing menu cocktails and wine flight.

The one everyone raves about is the fat duck but I don’t like their ideas of doing dirty stuff to food with nitrogen and liquorice and stuff

For the cost of Marcus Wareings we could have flown to New York and gone to Peter Lugers and had more fun

Post #510099  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:50 am 

Deutschland über alles, :42laughter:

Post #510100  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:17 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I think the bill we ran up up Marcus Wareings was about 1300 quid between the 4 of us for their testing menu cocktails and wine flight.

The one everyone raves about is the fat duck but I don’t like their ideas of doing dirty stuff to food with nitrogen and liquorice and stuff

For the cost of Marcus Wareings we could have flown to New York and gone to Peter Lugers and had more fun

Nando's is very good. :laughing7:

Post #510101  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:53 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Nando's is very good. :laughing7:

It’s very popular in our house but it’s Pizza Express for the win !

Post #510102  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:39 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

We have tried to book a table at the Fat Duck but never been able to. The earliest you can book is three months in advance and whenever we have tried, all the tables have gone so quickly three months in advance that we have always failed to get one.

Another good thing about The Kitchin is that Tom still works there. The kitchen is visible from the tables and you could see him directing the kitchen staff. So many Michelin Star chefs never set foot inside their restaurants.

Post #510103  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:46 pm 

We got to eat here, and also have day’s cooking tuition last year. It was gratis - all part of a free holiday to Sicily that my wife won in a The Times competition. Thought it was a scam when they sent details through.

https://guide.michelin.com/en/sicilia/r ... n-serafino

Edit : Just checked from the photos that I took. They were 2 star last year. Looks like I messed it up for them.

Post #510104  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:54 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Got to eat here, and also have day’s cooking tuition last year. It was gratis - all part of a free holiday to Sicily that my wife won in a The Times competition. Thought it was a scam when they sent details through.

Edit : Just checked from the photos that I took. They were 2 star last year. Looks like I messed it up for them.

That looks awesome ! Would love to do something like that

I visited Syracuse once, lovely old place that probably hadn’t altered a bit since the war. The food was literally mouth watering, if you love seafood you’ll love Italy.

Post #510105  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm 

Kolasinac positive

https://www.skysports.com/share/12135544

Post #510106  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:09 pm 

Willian Dubai trip being investigated. Apparently he wasn't given approval to go there. May have to self isolate.

Post #510107  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:18 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Zed wrote:

He got himself into this. Ridiculous to go that far just to sample extravagant steak seasonings.

Post #510108  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:21 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Zed wrote:

But Edinburgh is a damn site nearer than Dubai.

At least you didn't need approval to go to Edinburgh Bernard. :icon_razz:

Post #510109  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:23 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

Let's face it, if you had to choose one to join Elneny on the covid list he'd have been near the top.

Post #510110  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:24 pm 

dec wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

This on top of Kola testing positive now for C19. Leeds should be a thrill of a match. I'm being partially sarcastic.

Post #510111  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:05 pm 

Apparently we agreed a £800k deal for 18 year old CB Omar Rekik from Hertha Berlin as part of the deal that took Guendouzi there on loan. Rekik is meant to be joining us in January, would either go in to the U23 squad or go straight back out on loan

Post #510112  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:18 pm 

Watching England.

Have to say Grealish is some player. He reminds me a bit of merson In the way merse used to always run on his front foot looking to go forward. We are absolutely desperate for this type of player

Post #510113  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 pm 

Rich wrote:
Apparently we agreed a £800k deal for 18 year old CB Omar Rekik from Hertha Berlin as part of the deal that took Guendouzi there on loan. Rekik is meant to be joining us in January, would either go in to the U23 squad or go straight back out on loan

Another centre back. Just what we need.....

Post #510114  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 pm 

Bored wrote:
Rich wrote:

Another centre back. Just what we need.....

3 of our current lot are out of contract this summer. I’m expecting us to be in the market for a right sided CB in the summer. This lad is 18, probably won’t be in the first team for a while

Post #510115  Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 pm 

Saka good for england again tonight. I want to see him in a left wing role for us. Get Tierney behind him as a natural full back, or if Arteta wants to play a back 3 get Tierney or AMN behind him as a wing back

Post #510116  Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:54 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Got to eat here, and also have day’s cooking tuition last year. It was gratis - all part of a free holiday to Sicily that my wife won in a The Times competition. Thought it was a scam when they sent details through.

That looks awesome ! Would love to do something like that

I visited Syracuse once, lovely old place that probably hadn’t altered a bit since the war. The food was literally mouth watering, if you love seafood you’ll love Italy.

Certissimo!

Post #510117  Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 am 

Tierney-Saka on the left side, could be the 2nd coming of Cole-Pires. :58big-emoticons:

Post #510118  Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:48 am 

When I watch old clips in color, 70s and prior, the GK wore green on both sides. This was tradition or the rule?

Post #510119  Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:59 pm 

https://www.thefocus.news/football/on-l ... onal-duty/

That meant the likes of Jonny Evans were rested, with young defender Daniel Ballard among those brought in.

He has never made a senior Arsenal appearance – and is currently on loan at Blackpool in League One – but shone in the 1-1 draw with Romania.

Post #510120  Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:03 pm 

At the risk of opening up a political can of worms (which may be impossible), I just heard on the news Johnson is 'dramatically' increasing military spending.
Are there specific reasons such as Russia, China, etc? Or no specific reason. I was just surprised to hear it on the news.

[ 563337 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12750, 12751, 12752, 12753, 12754, 12755, 12756 ... 14084  Next