Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, warrior and 415 guests

Post #485161  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:14 pm 

Newcastle really fighting for this win. Ours haven’t even changed gear since going down. No inspiration from the manager who continues to just sit there

Post #485162  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:21 pm 

ZZZZ

Post #485163  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:26 pm 

It is all about Europa. Just play the kids from now until the end of the season.

So many new records being set this season - all negative. We are the ONLY team in the league yet to pick up a point away from home in 2018. 5 straight defeats.

AMN, Willock, Nelson, Nketiah should be playing every prem game now. Give Macey some time in goal, get some other young players in. Keep the European players fit and give them minutes where rewuired to just keep them match ready.

Totally non-plussed by prem results.

The fans need to really turn up for the games v Atletico

Post #485164  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:26 pm 

Oh well, another defeat. Wenger will point to the exhaustion of a midweek away game.

Post #485165  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:41 pm 

It's locked in our DNA , ten minutes to go , we are losing yet we treat it like a kick around at the local park and two throw ins go twenty metres back to a central defender .

Aubameyang cost more than the whole Newcastle team ....... and with that firepower Welbeck , Aubameyang and Lacazette upfront and we don't even test their keeper second half .
We haven't picked up a single away point in 2018 .

The Geordies show how a single long ACCURATE ball over the top creates panic , yet we won't resort to underhand non footballing tactics like that ...No , No , No ......we pass pass pass pass pass pass .

Post #485166  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:46 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
The Geordies show how a single long ACCURATE ball over the top creates panic , yet we won't resort to underhand non footballing tactics like that ...No , No , No ......we pass pass pass pass pass pass .

Apart from our goal :icon_silent: :laughing7:

Post #485167  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:54 pm 

Great day at Craven Cottage - one of football's more rare delights, a draw that feels like a win.

Both defences were better than Arsenal's.

And before anybody starts with the Europa League excuse, it is a *%^@*** terrible way to prepare for massive games by losing away again. I don't agree with playing only the kids, the top players need competitive matches, they need to build some momentum.

That was just piss-poor not some tactical retreat for a bigger battle.

Post #485168  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:03 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Oh well, another defeat. Wenger will point to the exhaustion of a midweek away game.

I can handle a defeat G7 , that happens we don't have divine right to win every game ...... it's the ponsy way we go about things .

As soon as they went in front we were all urgent for about two minutes then we lapse back into that possessional stroll in the park cr**p .
Zero urgency and yet that insipid looking pr**ck with a head like twisted sandshoe ....DOES what .... nothing .

Sits on the bench wiping his nose on the back of his hand .

Any other manager would be up shouting instructions ... screaming "get the f****&%^%** ball forward " .

Anyway 3 am here ... back to bed

Post #485169  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:08 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Apart from our goal :icon_silent: :laughing7:

I didn't start watching until the 35th minute ; Flash Harry :icon_mrgreen: so okay if we scored a goal from a long ball why didn't we do it again .

Post #485170  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:19 pm 

Just read the match report ...we had 72% possession .

That makes things a lot better knowing we bossed the game .

Post #485171  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm 

If by some kind act of the football gods we win the Europa, I really won't be excited about "backing" into the CL. I'll be happy on the day if we were to win it. As much as I try to be disinterested these days.

Easily this season is the lowest point of Wenger's Arsenal career.

Post #485172  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:59 pm 

To think this is the same manager who once managed two entire seasons unbeaten away from home.

Post #485173  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:00 pm 

kiwipete wrote:

The huge majority of that 72% being the defenders passing short balls amongst themselves deep in our own half.

Post #485174  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 pm 

Worst record of consecutive away losses since 1984. Even if Arsenal could win the Europa League we still won't compete in the CL or PL next year anyway.

Post #485175  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:07 pm 

Rich wrote:
Quick survey, two options:
a) win Europa League and Wenger stays for 3 more seasons
b) lose Europa final and Wenger leaves this summer

If you vote a) what about 2 more years of wenger?

If it was win Europa and he sees out his final year - through gritted teeth I’d accept it

B. Except lose the semi final.

Post #485176  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:17 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Worst record of consecutive away losses since 1984.

Another record broken by Arsene.

Post #485177  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:32 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
I didn't start watching until the 35th minute ; Flash Harry :icon_mrgreen: so okay if we scored a goal from a long ball why didn't we do it again .

A very good question.

Post #485178  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:32 pm 

Just noticed that Man U away is between the Atletico matches. A half baked team could be in for a rough time up there.

Post #485179  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:35 pm 

kiwipete wrote:

It didn’t seem like 72% possession. It had all the feel of a pre-season friendly but with less to play for.

Post #485180  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:36 pm 

Bernard wrote:
grantyboy wrote:
Worst record of consecutive away losses since 1984.

Another record broken by Arsene.

Interesting that Wenger who is rigidly driven by player statistics and yet doesn't want to acknowledge the only ones that matter. His performance has well since passed the 67th minute susbtitute mark.

Post #485181  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:50 pm 

Man Utd’s performance today for comparison. From the BBC:

88 mins
Manchester United 0-1 West Brom
Manchester United attempt another attack.

There's no urgency about it even though there's only two minutes remaining of normal time.

They're forced all the way back by West Brom, who are holding firm.

Post #485182  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:55 pm 

That was absolutely disgraceful, 11 away defeats this season, and the manager just sits there doing nothing, sack him now, he's ruining the good name of the club, Allegri is just waiting for the call, with him in charge we could have a chance of the Europa, and C/L next season, at the moment barring a miracle we won't, could even finish below Burnley ffs.Wenger out!!!

Post #485183  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:32 pm 

You've got to hand it to Mourinho. Manages to save United fans from watching City win the title at the Etihad only to deliver it at OT instead. That's world class trolling.

Post #485184  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:37 pm 

The decline continues. What more is left to say. Another piss poor performace but it happens so often you cease caring. Everyone and their pet dog knows that Wenger is done now, yet still he clings on and the club fails to act.
Presumably they're waiting for the Europa League, but as we're clearly an inferior team to Athletico it's hard to see us progressing any further in that.

ZZZZ

Post #485185  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:47 pm 

dec wrote:
You've got to hand it to Mourinho. Manages to save United fans from watching City win the title at the Etihad only to deliver it at OT instead. That's world class trolling.

I read that it's Kieran Gibbs first ever win during his career at old Trafford. He never won there with us and had to move to West Brom to do it.

Post #485186  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:49 pm 

dec wrote:

I think that's a good point. I've seen Arsenal win six league titles and by far the one I felt least satisfaction with, at the point of winning it, was 1991. We'd already won the league when Forest beat Liverpool in the afternoon, before our evening game against Manchester United kicked off.

Post #485187  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:38 pm 

Draytonkid wrote:
Allegri is just waiting for the call, with him in charge we could have a chance of the Europa, and C/L next season, at the moment barring a miracle we won't, could even finish below Burnley ffs.Wenger out!!!

The rumour is that Allegri wants to go to Chelsea.

Post #485188  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm 

The guy is dead and buried in my mind.

What was he doing sending out a team with so many changes. The time to do that if it had to be done was at Man U not the games before that. This was the perfect time to fine hone the squad, make changes during the game which was well within the means and ability of our best team.

This most definitely was not the right time as he has managed to wreck what was a regrowing team spirit amongst our players.

Damn you AW I will spit on you whenever I see you even if by some miracle you manage to win the Europa which I very much doubt now.

Post #485189  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Draytonkid wrote:
Allegri is just waiting for the call, with him in charge we could have a chance of the Europa, and C/L next season, at the moment barring a miracle we won't, could even finish below Burnley ffs.Wenger out!!!

The rumour is that Allegri wants to go to Chelsea.

He's the most highly sought after manager in Europe right now. Why would he come to us ? He would inherit Wengers mess that will take years to fix and meets a board who can't even say wether they want him or not.

Post #485190  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:42 pm 

Words fail me.
Abysmal.
Not a single away point in 2018.
5 away defeats in a row.
Can't even get that angry Any More as it's just pathetic.
Atletico will murder us and that will be that.
If we give Wenger another year then that board will reinforce the fact that they are an absolute *%^@*** joke.
League campaign has been a disaster.
Utter embarrassment.

Post #485191  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 pm 

I think if we were serious then Allegri is very gettable if we showed our intent.
We are still a massive club in London with funds available.
We pay Wenger 10 million a year.
Would think Allegri is getting paid nowhere near that by Juventus.
Money talks.

Post #485192  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:15 pm 

Why do I do it ...watch a Wenger post match interview .

The half wit clucks the same warm fuzzies every bl**dy time ...... " Story of our season we had 70% possession the players played with great attitude , great spirit " ..... groan

:blob8: every f***&&^^ interview no matter what the result ...... "great spirit " gets a mention

Post #485193  Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 am 

kiwipete wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

I can handle a defeat G7 , that happens we don't have divine right to win every game ...... it's the ponsy way we go about things .

As soon as they went in front we were all urgent for about two minutes then we lapse back into that possessional stroll in the park cr**p .
Zero urgency and yet that insipid looking pr**ck with a head like twisted sandshoe ....DOES what .... nothing .

Sits on the bench wiping his nose on the back of his hand .

Any other manager would be up shouting instructions ... screaming "get the f****&%^%** ball forward " .

Anyway 3 am here ... back to bed

With Wenger, we will remain the second best team in North London. But if he does not leave, we might just drop lower and lower.

Post #485194  Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:33 am 

david.d wrote:
Words fail me.
Abysmal.
Not a single away point in 2018.
5 away defeats in a row.
Can't even get that angry Any More as it's just pathetic.
Atletico will murder us and that will be that.
If we give Wenger another year then that board will reinforce the fact that they are an absolute *%^@*** joke.
League campaign has been a disaster.
Utter embarrassment.

It has been reinforced many times over that the Board and Wenger are absolute jokes for too long now. Groundhog Day through and through. There is a nice book to be written about Wenger's declining career. But, will the key man spew truth or spin excuses?

Post #485195  Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:21 am 

Wenger on the problems away from home: "I have to be realistic enough to say that maybe our balance of offensive and defensive doesn’t work."

It’s ok folks he’s worked it out now !!! After 13 years and everyone on the planet telling him

At this point he’s a total embarrassment to the club in every possible way. I hope Madrid destroy us in Europe and united and Mourinho give us a hammering in between the ties. He doesn’t deserve ANY redemption from his lack of competence

Post #485196  Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:29 am 

bubblechris wrote:
The guy is dead and buried in my mind.

What was he doing sending out a team with so many changes. The time to do that if it had to be done was at Man U not the games before that. This was the perfect time to fine hone the squad, make changes during the game which was well within the means and ability of our best team.

This most definitely was not the right time as he has managed to wreck what was a regrowing team spirit amongst our players.

Damn you AW I will spit on you whenever I see you even if by some miracle you manage to win the Europa which I very much doubt now.

Blimey ! Even Chris has joined the dark side :laughing7:

Next target OMOH?

Post #485197  Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:29 am 

david.d wrote:
I think if we were serious then Allegri is very gettable if we showed our intent.
We are still a massive club in London with funds available.
We pay Wenger 10 million a year.
Would think Allegri is getting paid nowhere near that by Juventus.
Money talks.

I don't think its all about money. He'll make a lot of money no matter where he goes. The one huge advantage The Arsenal holds over pretty much every side is that its known we don't like to change managers and he will get a lot of time to get things right. The other top clubs can't claim that for the most part with very few exceptions.
That pressure in having to come in and win right away isn't an issue with us.

Post #485198  Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:38 am 

If we were managerless right now, or even last summer, Wenger surely wouldn’t be on our radar. A manager who’s won 3 fa cups in 4 years but had not won a league for 14 years and was showing a serious decline in performance year after year and a failure to convince in the transfer market.

It beggars belief that this was pretty much the situation we were faced with last summer. We had a choice, the power was out of wenger’s hands and the club decided there was no one better.

Post #485199  Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 am 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Next target OMOH?

On a whirlwind tour of New Zealand apparently.

(Although at least he has some consistency and doesn't change his view on Wenger depending on what the last result was).

Post #485200  Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:55 am 

Mustafi. Not good enough (putting it mildly). Chambers. Not good enough. Koscielny. Past it and injury prone. Bellerin. Probably leaving. Mertesacker. Past it and being a great guy not really enough. Monreal. Good but getting on. Čech. Past it and increasingly error prone.

If you had to rebuild an entire defence I think even Hoy might agree that Arsene Wenger would not really be your go-to manager.

[ 572027 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12127, 12128, 12129, 12130, 12131, 12132, 12133 ... 14301  Next