Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: bubblechris, Decaf, Rich and 281 guests

Post #471881  Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:32 pm 

https://www.justarsenal.com/van-persie-picks-two-arsenal-men-among-his-most-talented-teammates/277938

van Persie when asked the most talented player he's ever played with

“I would go for Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney and Ruud van Nistelrooy.”

Post #471882  Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:08 pm 

Niall wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I love David Rocastle dearly but he’s not getting in my best ever Arsenal 11. Your dropping World Cup winners or seriously talented wingers to slot him in.

All personal preference understood though

Agree, Ljungberg has to be on the right hand side.

:53big-emoticons:

Post #471883  Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:31 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
https://www.justarsenal.com/van-persie-picks-two-arsenal-men-among-his-most-talented-teammates/277938

van Persie when asked the most talented player he's ever played with

“I would go for Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney and Ruud van Nistelrooy.”

A twilight giggs and scholes but no Vieira or Pires?

*%^@ of the highest order (decent player though)

Post #471884  Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:59 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Niall wrote:
Agree, Ljungberg has to be on the right hand side.

:53big-emoticons:

Niall shows Dave Allen isn’t the only great Irish comedian.

Post #471885  Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:14 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Like I just said I do I just checked !

I’m addressing your point saying I’m repetitive. I’m not after checking on my posts on him. That’s it, I’m not saying I will post when others are discussing the individual.

Actually you know what BAN Lifted, I’ll discuss what I want thanks and if It’s a problem then block me as Decaf suggested.

I see blocking other posters as a weakness, even if I find them repetitive and boring because of that. Also I think when you discuss other issues your points can be worth reading.

I agree with that. I've block AG because I find that his posts irritate me and I am tempted to respond ... which would be pointless as he has blocked me. It is a weakness on my part that I can't leave his posts alone otherwise.

I enjoy many of Top Gun's post and can take the rough with the smooth.

Finally, my suggestion about blocking Top Gun was to BubbleChris, since he is clearly badly triggered by Top Gun's politics to the point of bursting a blood vessel or two.

Post #471886  Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I love David Rocastle dearly but he’s not getting in my best ever Arsenal 11. Your dropping World Cup winners or seriously talented wingers to slot him in.

Just being a World Cup winner is not enough to get in my best ever Arsenal team. As good as Mertesacker was, I’d put Campbell and Adams ahead of him but neither were World Cup winners. Would Podolski and Özil get into my best ever Arsenal team? No. But they were also World Cup winners.

Rocastle’s all round game was immense. Brilliant dribbler, superb ball control, great passer, and tackled like a midfield ball winner.

Post #471887  Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Just being a World Cup winner is not enough to get in my best ever Arsenal team. As good as Mertesacker was, I’d put Campbell and Adams ahead of him. Would Podolski and Özil get into my best ever Arsenal team? No. But they were all World Cup winners.

Rocastle’s all round game was immense. Brilliant dribbler, superb ball control, great passer, and tackled like a midfield ball winner.

The 3 World Cup winners I was thinking of were Vieira, petit and Gilberto. All midfielders like Rocastle or his other position wide like i said your looking at some pretty amazing wingers

I wasn’t really thinking of Mertesacker when contemplating my best ever arsenal side. :laughing7:

Post #471888  Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:18 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Just being a World Cup winner is not enough to get in my best ever Arsenal team. As good as Mertesacker was, I’d put Campbell and Adams ahead of him. Would Podolski and Özil get into my best ever Arsenal team? No. But they were all World Cup winners.

The 3 World Cup winners I was thinking of were Vieira, petit and Gilberto. All midfielders like Rocastle or his other position wide like i said your looking at some pretty amazing wingers

I wasn’t really thinking of Mertesacker when contemplating my best ever arsenal side. :laughing7:

Your comment gave me the impression World Cup winners would automatically get in your best ever Arsenal team. That’s a ridiculous idea. Vieira and Petit both would as my central midfield, and they both were World Cup winners. Rocastle would get into mine as the right sided midfielder. Shame you decide to mock Mertesacker because he was an outstanding player for the club with a mocking smiley. A cheap and snidey thing to do. He’s not worthy of mocking smiles in my opinion.

Post #471889  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:37 am 

The Metro reporting Ødegaard and Ceballos up for sale this year. Would only consider buying Ødegaard.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/02/real-mad ... wsnow-feed

Post #471890  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:26 am 

Guendouzi's body double scores

Post #471891  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:28 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
The Metro reporting Ødegaard and Ceballos up for sale this year. Would only consider buying Ødegaard.

Obviously Ødegaard is the ‘I would much rather us sign’ player. But Ceballos has been a more than decent loan signing. I’ve never had any problem seeing him in the team. A good player. I’ll remember him as overall making a positive contribution while here.

Post #471892  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:30 am 

Found this in the unpublished FAQs file :42laughter:
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/the-five-annoying-habits-of-people-who-dont-know-how-to-argue-20210401206720?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR33hQOygL51nnqFgVZNCF_2KH0W57-FmYWhr_5EqfJcA4Udhd_HpjGpa_M#Echobox=1617266107

Post #471893  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:32 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Obviously Ødegaard is the ‘I would much rather us sign’ player. But Ceballos has been a more than decent loan signing. I’ve never had any problem seeing him in the team. A good player. I’ll remember him as overall making a positive contribution while here.

I don’t think there have been enough good games for us to pay a transfer fee.

Post #471894  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:24 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I understand your view, although I would qualify your comment “a transfer fee” with some sort of word relating to the size of it. After all, a few quid can be taken as a transfer fee. But regardless of that, I still believe he deserves to overall be considered a good loan signing. As was Benayoum, and I reckon Ceballos has contributed more positive things to Arsenal than he did.

Post #471895  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:03 am 

Following the recent comments by Arteta and Merson, on other Arsenal chat rooms there are plenty of fans getting excited about the possibility of signing Aguero. Must admit, I’m not one of them. He has his 33rd birthday in just two months (2nd June), so will be 33 before he plays for his next club. He’s been a great player for City, but let’s face it they’re getting rid of him because he’s so far past his peak.

Even without a transfer fee, he will surely cost a lot in wages even if it’s not the money he was on at City. Sorry, I think Aguero is completely the wrong age profile that we should be looking at for signings on high wages. Look what a disappointment Willian has been and I wonder if Aguero would become Willian Mark 2 (Aguero is a little older than Willian). Another player miles past his once outstanding best who we’d be committing high wages to.

Post #471896  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:51 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I understand your view, although I would qualify your comment “a transfer fee” with some sort of word relating to the size of it. After all, a few quid can be taken as a transfer fee. But regardless of that, I still believe he deserves to overall be considered a good loan signing. As was Benayoum, and I reckon Ceballos has contributed more positive things to Arsenal than he did.

I would put him down as a disappointment. I'm actually flabbergasted he is a Real Madrid player and a Spanish international.

Post #471897  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:13 am 

Dreadful personal news for Torreira. Tough for him.

https://www.kosovari.net/2021/04/emotio ... sFMllulN6o

Post #471898  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:36 am 

I could see the 2002 board granting Torreira a move but frankly, I don't know about this Kroenke owned side. I would think they'd do the right thing but I wouldn't bet on it.

Post #471899  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:06 pm 

Niall wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I would put him down as a disappointment. I'm actually flabbergasted he is a Real Madrid player and a Spanish international.

I agree, I’ve never seen a player flatter to deceive as much. He’s quite slick and mobile on the ball and provided energy and mobility but whilst he looks good as doesn’t actually affect the game meaningfully usually and hasn’t scored a premier league goal.

When we have a limited budget why would we contemplate making such a signing ?

Post #471900  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:12 pm 

Niall wrote:

Dare I suggest the managerial hierarchies at Real and Spain have all made handsome livings from judging players whereas you, nor anyone else here, have. Perhaps they are better judges of players, including Ceballos, than you and everyone else here?

We all have a right to hold our opinions on players. No argument about that. But my guess is managers at Real and Spain are more likely to be correct than you, me and everyone here.

Post #471901  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Niall wrote:

Dare I suggest the managerial hierarchies at Real and Spain have all made handsome livings from judging players whereas you, nor anyone else here, have. Perhaps they are better judges of players, including Ceballos, than you and everyone else here?

We all have a right to hold our opinions on players. No argument about that. But my guess is managers at Real and Spain are more likely to be correct than you, me and everyone here.

Yeah Niall your not allowed an opinion on this !!

Btw the managerial hierarchies at Arsenal aren’t picking the guy unless Partey gets injured and won’t sign him and Madrid want rid! Draw your own conclusions on what you think !

Post #471902  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
We all have a right to hold our opinions on players. No argument about that.

Presuming the individual concerned isn’t intellectually deficient, it would take someone who skim reads posts to write that. And a hypocrite if the person has accused others of skim reading.

Post #471903  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:49 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Presuming the individual concerned isn’t intellectually deficient, it would take someone who skim reads posts to write that. And a hypocrite if the person has accused others of skim reading.

You edited my quote ! THATS ILLEGAL !!!!!!!!!!!

Apologise please

Post #471904  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:27 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Niall wrote:

Despite being head hunted on numerous occasions I never applied for the post at Madrid. I always preferred to work gratis for the forum. :26surprise:

My view on Ceballos is he has been largely disapointing and I don't think we should renew for another year unless the financial situation means its impossible to bring in a better player in his place.

Post #471905  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:59 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

Very sad.

I see that he's from Fray Bentos, which brings to mind tinned Fray Bentos steak and kidney pudding which I haven't tasted since I was a boy. I wonder if they still make them and they are as good as I remember them? The way the gravy had soaked into the stodge ...

Post #471906  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:03 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Niall wrote:

But aren't Real trying to sell him? Has he featured recently for Spain?

Post #471907  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:18 pm 

Decaf wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Very sad.

I see that he's from Fray Bentos, which brings to mind tinned Fray Bentos steak and kidney pudding which I haven't tasted since I was a boy. I wonder if they still make them and they are as good as I remember them? The way the gravy had soaked into the stodge ...

Ah yes they are still about.

A rare British delicacy :laughing7:

Post #471908  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:27 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Bernard wrote:

No he’s not featuring for Spain making Bernards claims ill informed or bizarre and real obviously want to sell him.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/sp ... rnationals

Post #471909  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:33 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Apologise please

I didn’t. You’re a liar.

Post #471910  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:37 pm 

Decaf wrote:

They still rated him highly enough to sign him, and he was rated highly enough to play for Spain.

Post #471911  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:40 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Apologise please

I didn’t. You’re a liar.

You did. You altered the quote in my post so it didn’t include

“Btw the managerial hierarchies at Arsenal aren’t picking the guy unless Partey gets injured and won’t sign him and Madrid want rid! Draw your own conclusions on what you think !”

You owe me an apology

Post #471912  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:52 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I didn’t. You’re a liar.

“Btw the managerial hierarchies at Arsenal aren’t picking the guy unless Partey gets injured and won’t sign him and Madrid want rid! Draw your own conclusions on what you think !”

You owe me an apology

The first paragraph of your post was verbatim. An independent paragraph clearly in response to the second paragraph of my post. My God, how the hell can you accuse me of lying and saying I owe you an apology when you recently deleted the majority of the same paragraph of one of my posts to deliberately change the meaning of it. I left your entire paragraph as it stood, so not changing the meaning of it.

Do you understand what the word ‘hypocrite’ means?

Post #471913  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:58 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You owe me an apology

The first paragraph of your post was verbatim. An independent paragraph clearly in response to the second paragraph of my post. My God, how the hell can you accuse me of lying and saying I owe you an apology when you recently deleted the majority of the same paragraph of one of my posts to deliberately change the meaning of it. I left your entire paragraph as it stood, so not changing the meaning of it.

Do you understand what the word ‘hypocrite’ means?

You have 3 options here

1) you apologise for altering my post just now

2) you apologise for over reacting when I altered your post Midweek in similar circumstances

3) failure to action option 1 & 2 result in an automatic instant indirect apology for me due to the fact both things can’t be wrong. I will instantly accept this apology immediately because I’m a gentlemen.

... in addition to this I need a separate apology because you called me a liar saying you hadn’t done it when you had.

Post #471914  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:04 pm 

Decaf wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Very sad.

Those pies smelt like cat food in their raw state - much nicer after 30 minutes in the oven

Post #471915  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:12 pm 

Rich wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Very sad.

Those pies smelt like cat food in their raw state - much nicer after 30 minutes in the oven

Remarkably low on meat content I found

Post #471916  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:22 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Btw the managerial hierarchies at Arsenal aren’t picking the guy unless Partey gets injured and won’t sign him and Madrid want rid! Draw your own conclusions on what you think !

This was your post number 526386. Your first paragraph was clearly a response to my point to Niall about us having a right to our own opinions. That in itself makes your response idiotic. Your second paragraph looks to me like a separate point. That’s presumably why you put it in a different paragraph. Hence I did not change the meaning of that paragraph or re-edit it, that’s why your claim that I did is a lie.

But that you recently changed the meaning of a recent post by me by deleting the majority of a single paragraph can only make you a hypocrite as well as a liar.

Post #471917  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:24 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

This was your post number the 526386. Your first paragraph was clearly a response to Niall about us having a right to our own opinions. That in itself makes your response idiotic. Your second paragraph looks to me like a separate point. That’s presumably why you put it in a different paragraph. Hence I did not change the meaning of that paragraph or re-edit it, that’s why you claim that I did is a lie.

But that you recently changed the meaning of a recent post by me by deleting the majority of a single paragraph can only make you a hypocrite as well as a liar.

Automatic response: You have selected Option 3. Apology is accepted. This matter is now closed.

Post #471918  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:02 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
This was your post number the 526386. Your first paragraph was clearly a response to Niall about us having a right to our own opinions. That in itself makes your response idiotic. Your second paragraph looks to me like a separate point. That’s presumably why you put it in a different paragraph. Hence I did not change the meaning of that paragraph or re-edit it, that’s why you claim that I did is a lie.

Automatic response: You have selected Option 3. Apology is accepted. This matter is now closed.

Automatic response. Your last post is you admitting you’re a liar and hypocrite. The matter is now closed.

Post #471919  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:16 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Automatic response. Your last post is you admitting you’re a liar and hypocrite. The matter is now closed.

Nope done now. You did precisely the same thing you threw a tantrum about. Your hypocrisy is exposed.

Post #471920  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Nope done now. You did precisely the same thing you threw a tantrum about. Your hypocrisy is exposed.

You’re delusional. Hypocrisy is accusing someone of something you have blatantly done yourself by deleting the majority of someone’s single paragraph earlier post to deliberately change the meaning of that post.

So I agree. The issue is now closed.

Unless of course you’re obsessive by emotionally needing to do the last post. Let’s see.

[ 517581 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11795, 11796, 11797, 11798, 11799, 11800, 11801 ... 12940  Next