Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf and 295 guests

Post #500281  Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:08 pm 

Burnley leading Spurs 1-0. Just over 10 minutes remaining. Go Burnley!

Post #500282  Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:22 pm 

Burnley beat Spurs. Yay!!!!!!!!

:22encouragement:

Post #500283  Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:36 pm 

Nobody wants 4th.

A win tomorrow would be superb but a point is absolutely essential and not the end of the world as a result

Post #500284  Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:42 pm 

Spurs bought down to earth with a bump. The lucky last minute winners don’t hold up when you’re fundamentally not playing well, these things are not sustainable and catch up with you.

4 defeats in 5 games for Spurs

Post #500285  Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:46 pm 

Thing is our goal difference in itself is plus 10 to their minus 1. Unless they utterly batter us at their place then that’s worth a point on its own.

Post #500286  Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:48 pm 

https://youtu.be/Dvxh9PkyesQ

So Liverpools 2nd penalty, Mané is clean through on goal, Ayling puts a hand on his shoulder pulls him back and then trips him without ever making an attempt to make a tackle or play the ball. The rules are that is a penalty and red card - it is the thing Luiz was sent off for 3 times for us. Once again an example of the benefit of the doubt being applied to others and Arsenal being treated with the full weight of the laws.

An arsenal player would get a straight red for that

Post #500287  Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:52 pm 

Strong Mourinho vibes about Conte’s post match interview.
“Tottenham called me to change things” “I am open to every decision because I want to help Tottenham”
“4 out of 5 defeats is not good enough, this doesn’t happen to me”

doesn’t sound like a man who is committed to the job. Sounds like a ‘Tottenham are to blame rather than Conte who can only do so much with what he has inherited’

Post #500288  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:56 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Thing is our goal difference in itself is plus 10 to their minus 1. Unless they utterly batter us at their place then that’s worth a point on its own.

This is an important point. Goal difference matters throughout the season, with every goal scored and conceded in the first match having the same impact on goal difference for the season as goals scored and conceded in the final match. That’s why I’ve never gone for this ‘equal top’ claim, or equal any position, unless the goal difference of the clubs is genuinely identical with the same number of goals scored and conceded at any point in the season.

Arsenal still have fifteen matches left and Tottenham have fourteen remaining. So it’s not impossible for them to overturn our advantage. But an eleven goal difference is a significant lead for us to have and if we maintain it, that’ll become an increasingly important advantage for Arsenal.

Post #500289  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:11 am 

Rich wrote:
“Tottenham called me to change things” “I am open to every decision because I want to help Tottenham”

doesn’t sound like a man who is committed to the job. Sounds like a ‘Tottenham are to blame rather than Conte who can only do so much with what he has inherited’

Such a self-centred person

Post #500290  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:22 am 

gooner7 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Well I can tell you something for nothing Decaf ..... all this posturing and grandstanding by the West is going to hurt Europe a hell of a lot more than Russia .

Russia has some very Big Boys backing them India , Saudi Arabia , China , Brazil , Iran

All this Ukraine bollocks ....is a distraction; designed to take American minds off Biden's abysmal performance at home [ and of course to sell their own LPG ]

Couldn't agree more with you Kiwi. Biden is trying to show that US is still in control of world affairs. Wake up USA, you no longer have as much pull as previously. Not especially with Presidents like Trump and now Biden.

I'm on your team G7 ... well done ... the Straits Times must have some decent journalists :laughing7:

Post #500291  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:16 am 

Decaf wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Couldn't agree more with you Kiwi. Biden is trying to show that US is still in control of world affairs. Wake up USA, you no longer have as much pull as previously. Not especially with Presidents like Trump and now Biden.

[ 1] Putin's expansionism has got absolutely nothing to do with America! It is the most ridiculous tail wagging dog exercise to think that the yanks have somehow riled them up.

[2] The last thing Biden needs is a demonstration of how ineffective Western Power has become. That is all that can happen here.

[ 3] As you note, Biden's domestic agenda is on the rocks, not because of incompetence . Biden isn't terribly impressive. But he's not stupid. He's been pushed into a corner

[ 4] I'm appalled at the misinformation that the alternative media peddles,

Okay let's quickly sort out this mish mash .
[1] Expansionism my arse .... he is protecting Russians ... why has he sent troops only into the Donbass / Luhansk . Why aren't tanks streaming across the border towards Kiev .
Nothing to do with America :14laughter: it's common knowledge they organised the 2014 Midan coup to get rid of the democratically elected Yanokovich .
[2] Ineffective it maybe but that wont be how it will be painted in the US UK media .. ""Biden faces down Putin , crippling sanctions Russia back s down ""
His poll ratings will sky rocket .

[3] Are you kidding ...Biden is stupid to the extreme .

Throwing in 2 trillion $$$ into an economy that was already thriving ??? = inflation

First day in office , THE VERY FIRST DAY ..he cancelled the Keystone Pipeline ... 22 ,000 US jobs lost ...... so no oil from Canada but now imports it from Russia .......??????

He's allowed 2 . 3 million illegal immigrants to cross the Rio Grande

James Baker US Secretary of State promised Gorbachev on the USSR break up ...NATO will not move one inch eastwards . Since then Poland , Hungary , Estonia , Latvia , Lithuania , Rumania have been admitted ; along with US troops and missiles .
Look at the hysteria that erupted when Krushchev threatened to do the same in Cuba . If you cant see Russia has a legitimate beef then God help you .

[4] :laughing7: I don't know what alternative media you are referring to ...... but anything would be an improvement on what you are currently digesting

Post #500292  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:01 am 

Rich wrote:
Spurs bought down to earth with a bump. The lucky last minute winners don’t hold up when you’re fundamentally not playing well, these things are not sustainable and catch up with you.

4 defeats in 5 games for Spurs

Winner scored by Mee. :58big-emoticons:

What I am noticing is that all of a sudden Burnley has become a tough game. Over the last couple months they have drawn with us and Man Utd, "only" lost to Liverpool 1-0 and have beaten mid table Brighton and top 4 challenger Tottenham. They are likely going to stay up at this rate, currently 18th. They have Chelsea next weekend.

Post #500293  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:03 am 

Rich wrote:

Mourinho is toxic. Completely toxic. You put up with it in the past if you hired him because he got results. The 'Special One' moniker is gone. He's tarnished. Even if he starts with good results he eventually goes bad. Sometimes by his own mouth and attitude, ruining his own players confidence.

If Arteta was to go, I wouldn't want Mourinho even if he wanted to come for free. I'm happy to see him humbled.

Post #500294  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:59 am 

Rich wrote:

He’s speaking about Tottenham in distant quotes it’s not “us” or “we” it’s “Tottenham”

This is happening sooner than I thought. This summer I reckon especially if he doesn’t get top 4

Thank the lord we didn’t get this a****** would have been a disaster

Post #500295  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:00 am 

Hoping we can put some distance between us and the challengers so we have some insurance against an unexpected bad result such as a loss to a bottom half table side.

And if that comes to fruition, and Chelsea messes up, we are in striking distance of 3rd. Imagine that? I'm afraid to even think it. Arteta should get manager of the season for that achievement.

And as you all know, since the EPL started, with one exception, Leicester in 2017, no team has won the PL without finishing at least 3rd the prior season. So, we finish third, next year win the title. Easy peasy. :1laughter:

Anyway, I think I said a couple weeks ago, its not that we are playing particularly well, is that all the challengers have not been playing well.

Post #500296  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:47 am 

Games in hand, yadda, yadda, Wolves are actually our closest challengers for 4th.

Post #500297  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:50 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Decaf wrote:

[ 1] Putin's expansionism has got absolutely nothing to do with America! It is the most ridiculous tail wagging dog exercise to think that the yanks have somehow riled them up.

[2] The last thing Biden needs is a demonstration of how ineffective Western Power has become. That is all that can happen here.

[ 3] As you note, Biden's domestic agenda is on the rocks, not because of incompetence . Biden isn't terribly impressive. But he's not stupid. He's been pushed into a corner

[ 4] I'm appalled at the misinformation that the alternative media peddles,

Okay let's quickly sort out this mish mash .
[1] Expansionism my arse .... he is protecting Russians ... why has he sent troops only into the Donbass / Luhansk . Why aren't tanks streaming across the border towards Kiev .
Nothing to do with America :14laughter: it's common knowledge they organised the 2014 Midan coup to get rid of the democratically elected Yanokovich .
[2] Ineffective it maybe but that wont be how it will be painted in the US UK media .. ""Biden faces down Putin , crippling sanctions Russia back s down ""
His poll ratings will sky rocket .

[3] Are you kidding ...Biden is stupid to the extreme .

Throwing in 2 trillion $$$ into an economy that was already thriving ??? = inflation

First day in office , THE VERY FIRST DAY ..he cancelled the Keystone Pipeline ... 22 ,000 US jobs lost ...... so no oil from Canada but now imports it from Russia .......??????

He's allowed 2 . 3 million illegal immigrants to cross the Rio Grande

James Baker US Secretary of State promised Gorbachev on the USSR break up ...NATO will not move one inch eastwards . Since then Poland , Hungary , Estonia , Latvia , Lithuania , Rumania have been admitted ; along with US troops and missiles .
Look at the hysteria that erupted when Krushchev threatened to do the same in Cuba . If you cant see Russia has a legitimate beef then God help you .

[4] :laughing7: I don't know what alternative media you are referring to ...... but anything would be an improvement on what you are currently digesting

Golly. Beginning with point 1, will you actually admit you are completely wrong?

Otherwise there really is no point discussing your other steaming hogwash.

Post #500298  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:53 am 

gooner7 wrote:
Burnley beat Spurs. Yay!!!!!!!!

:22encouragement:

I was actually considering a flutter on Burnley ... stirrings of life in the corpse, and huge bananaskin for spurs after their downing of City.

Post #500299  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:39 am 

Decaf wrote:
I was actually considering a flutter on Burnley ... stirrings of life in the corpse, and huge bananaskin for spurs after their downing of City.

I think any of the bottom seven could realistically go. At the moment their positions, games played, points won, and goal difference (GD) is:

(14) Brentford 26 games, 24 points, GD -15.
(15) Leeds 25 games, 23 points, GD -27.
(16) Everton 23 games, 22 points, GD -12.
(17) Newcastle 24 games, 22 points, GD -19.
(18) Burnley 23 games, 20 points, GD -8.
(19) Watford 25 games, 18 points, GD -22.
(20) Norwich 25 games, 17 points, GD -38.

I reckon Watford and Norwich will both go. In 18th place, Burnley are currently in the relegation places. But if I was a betting man my money would be on them surviving. Not only are they picking up some decent results and have played fewer games than everyone except Everton, but I suggest Dyche’s football philosophy might be well suited to relegation scraps. An almost modern day Mr Allardyce?

Furthermore Burnley currently have the best goal difference of the relegation strugglers. Almost to the level of it being worth an extra point on everyone else except Everton who, along with Newcastle, are one of the two sides I’m most confident will stay up.

Apart from Norwich and Watford, the club who I’d say could well be in most danger is Leeds. Only Norwich have a worse goal difference than them and the sole fellow struggler their hammering at Liverpool last night made their goal difference worse than was Watford.

Sure, Leeds still have a chance of getting out of trouble, but I can see them joining Norwich and Watford in the Championship next season.

Post #500300  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:06 am 

https://tbrfootball.com/very-soon-mikel ... few-games/

Unselfish or toothless in front of goal :42laughter:

Post #500301  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:24 am 

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... n-23200754

At least 1 experienced midfielder to come in this summer

Post #500302  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:28 am 

kiwipete wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

I'm on your team G7 ... well done ... the Straits Times must have some decent journalists :laughing7:

Straits Times is only good for collecting my dog's poo. Worst journalism I've read. Skewed, spinned etc etc, to bring forth the agenda of the gov,ment.

Post #500303  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:32 am 

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard Emile Smith Rowe
Martinelli

Would love to see this line-up tonight. Let the youngsters get at Wolves from the go.

Post #500304  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:17 pm 

Best of luck, Oleg. Stay safe, moose man.

Post #500305  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:48 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

I think any of the bottom seven could realistically go. At the moment their positions, games played, points won, and goal difference (GD) is:

(14) Brentford 26 games, 24 points, GD -15.
(15) Leeds 25 games, 23 points, GD -27.
(16) Everton 23 games, 22 points, GD -12.
(17) Newcastle 24 games, 22 points, GD -19.
(18) Burnley 23 games, 20 points, GD -8.
(19) Watford 25 games, 18 points, GD -22.
(20) Norwich 25 games, 17 points, GD -38.

I reckon Watford and Norwich will both go. In 18th place, Burnley are currently in the relegation places. But if I was a betting man my money would be on them surviving. Not only are they picking up some decent results and have played fewer games than everyone except Everton, but I suggest Dyche’s football philosophy might be well suited to relegation scraps. An almost modern day Mr Allardyce?

Furthermore Burnley currently have the best goal difference of the relegation strugglers. Almost to the level of it being worth an extra point on everyone else except Everton who, along with Newcastle, are one of the two sides I’m most confident will stay up.

Apart from Norwich and Watford, the club who I’d say could well be in most danger is Leeds. Only Norwich have a worse goal difference than them and the sole fellow struggler their hammering at Liverpool last night made their goal difference worse than was Watford.

Sure, Leeds still have a chance of getting out of trouble, but I can see them joining Norwich and Watford in the Championship next season.

The biggest advantage Burnley have on all the rest is an actual ability to defend. If I had to put any money down on any of those 7 teams to keep a clean sheet I’d be picking Burnley every time.
Similar to our chase for 4th and the advantage I think we have over all the others (bar Wolves) is the ability to keep clean sheets. You just need one moment to win a game. Get your nose in front and have confidence you can hold out and win

Post #500306  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:52 pm 

Where does Salah currently stand in the greatest Prem players of all time? I think Henry is top, a combination of goals, assists, skill, trophies and just being utterly unplayable makes him first. Most of those now apply to Salah, he needs a few more domestic trophies which he’s got a very good chance of getting this year.
19 goals and 10 assists so far this year.

I think Henry had a 24 goal and 20 assist season, I can’t think of many who have come close to 20+ for goals and assists since

Post #500307  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:50 pm 

I wonder if Abramovich and Usmanov are amongst the oligarchs who will be impacted by these sanctions?

Post #500308  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:10 pm 

Darren wrote:
I wonder if Abramovich and Usmanov are amongst the oligarchs who will be impacted by these sanctions?

Hi Darren,
That and other factors occurred to me about those two. Especially finances related to Chelsea and Everton. Both are billionaires, so sanctions may not impact club monies too much. No doubt it's a bit of a concern currently to the clubs anyway.

Post #500309  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:15 pm 

But then again....Abramovich could be removed from Chelsea's ownership.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/24/chelsea- ... -16164648/

Post #500310  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:46 pm 

Darren wrote:

Don’t bank on it Darren. Those evil oligarchs own or control large chunks of our capital city.

Sanctions? That horse has long since bolted.

Post #500311  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:48 pm 

Zed wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi Darren,
That and other factors occurred to me about those two. Especially finances related to Chelsea and Everton. Both are billionaires, so sanctions may not impact club monies too much. No doubt it's a bit of a concern currently to the clubs anyway.

Usmanov doesn’t own an English club, so it’s more a question that’s relevant to Abramovich and Chelsea. Usmanov’s business partner Moshiri owns Everton, but last time I saw an estimate of his wealth he had £2m. A bare pittance compared to City’s Sheikh Mansour, Abramovich and Kroenke. And indeed his business partner Usmanov who doesn’t own an English club.

Post #500312  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:48 pm 

If Britannia had bollocks, Russia would have a firm grip on them.

Post #500313  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:49 pm 

Post #500314  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:50 pm 

No Emile Smith Rowe or Tomiyasu in the squad at all

Post #500315  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:55 pm 

Rich wrote:

Very unexpected.

Post #500316  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:12 pm 

Tonight’s ref has given 15 penalties against arsenal and only 5 for in all his time refereeing us.

Post #500317  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:13 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Rich wrote:

Very unexpected.

Emile Smith Rowe is sick, not covid and Tomiyasu still recovering from his calf complaint

Post #500318  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:36 pm 

DHD wrote:
Darren wrote:

Don’t bank on it Darren. Those evil oligarchs own or control large chunks of our capital city.

Sanctions? That horse has long since bolted.

That's what I thought yesterday. But I wonder if Putin has simply gone too far now.

Post #500319  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:37 pm 

Rich wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Very unexpected.

Emile Smith Rowe is sick, not covid and Tomiyasu still recovering from his calf complaint

Pity, I would have loved to see us giving Martinelli a start up front.

Let's hope that Lacazette gets a goal and finds a bit of form.

Post #500320  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:46 pm 

Rich wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Very unexpected.

Pity, I would have loved to see us giving Martinelli a start up front.

Let's hope that Lacazette gets a goal and finds a bit of form.

[ 529274 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12505, 12506, 12507, 12508, 12509, 12510, 12511 ... 13232  Next