Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, mcquilkie and 277 guests

Post #471721  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:42 pm 

Damn still around 10 mins to go for Newcastle

Post #471722  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:42 pm 

Newcastle 2-1 city

Surely city can’t gift Liverpool the title

Post #471723  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:44 pm 

Fulham were 2-0 down Callum Chamber scores inspires comeback and they win 4-2 against Brighton.

Can we not get him back?

Post #471724  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:48 pm 

Hold on Burnley!!

Post #471725  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:49 pm 

Lacazette and Aubameyang have been getting us off the hook all season.

If they both got injured at the same time we’d be really stuck.

Post #471726  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:50 pm 

United equalise................

Post #471727  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:57 pm 

Man U snatch a late draw. Still 2 big points dropped at home for them

Post #471728  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Lacazette and Aubameyang have been getting us off the hook all season.

If they both got injured at the same time we’d be really stuck.

If only we had some dynamic wingers and creative players who could feed these lethal strikers better?

Post #471729  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:59 pm 

Aside from us unable to click on to gear, Mike Dean was his usual ‘look at me’ self. Far too many stoppages in the game. Seemed to have a vendetta against Lacazette. Denied him 2 pens, 1 as clear as day.

Post #471730  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:08 pm 

Rich wrote:
Newcastle 2-1 city

Not a gift. Liverpool's points total is title winning form in any season except maybe last year.
They've only lost one game.

Post #471731  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:17 pm 

Rich wrote:
So much surgery needed on this squad.

With Kroenke as owner, I expect you'd have more chance of winning the Euromillions jackpot three weeks running.

Post #471732  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:52 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

With Kroenke as owner, I expect you'd have more chance of winning the Euromillions jackpot three weeks running.

Not sure about that Bernard, even allowing for the exaggeration. Six of tonight's starting 11 were not at the club two years ago. Five of them joined in the last 12 months.

Post #471733  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:07 pm 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:
Newcastle 2-1 city

Not a gift. Liverpool's points total is title winning form in any season except maybe last year.

True gift was a bit strong but city should be 8 points better off and Liverpool a point worse off if cityscore their last minute pen at Anfield to win the game (big points swing) and city shouldn’t be losing at home to palace or away to Newcastle. Those 2 games and the last minute pen are gifts to Liverpool. That would put city 4 points clear right now

Post #471734  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

At least you’d hope with a grip of new guys in charge they will want change to the squad and not blindly believe in the same players year in year out and this be too scared to sign anyone new.

I can see a big turnover in the playing squad, the question will be what level of quality can we bring in

Post #471735  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:51 am 

The stats prove the suspicion- only 5 players have been fouled more than Guendouzi this season. Also seem to be plenty on him not given and he has played nowhere near the full season. Tough guy and still only 19. The media will obviously hush over Harry Winks who is 3 years older and not as good

Post #471736  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 am 

Away to City will be interesting to see what Emery has learnt and whether he can install a tactical plan in these players. Hopefully AMN and Koscielny will be back. If he plays the midfield diamond and two up top then the workrate from either the notional wide men in the diamond or the front two tracking back is going to have to be very high because City tend to keep their wide men very wide, overloading one side before quickly switching play to leave the wide man 1v1 against the full back. Sane/Mahrez/Sterling will have our full backs on toast if they get them 1v1.

I think there are two ways to beat City. 1 a savage and brave high press like Liverpool did to them last year or 2. sitting deep and releasing balls over the top of their defence in to the huge spaces left by their full backs.

At the moment I can't see anything but a heavy defeat because we aren't disciplined enough to defend, concentrate, track runners - and we take too many unnecessary risks in defensive positions.

Post #471737  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 am 

Rich wrote:
Newcastle 2-1 city

:22cry: :22cry:
When the three big money club (City, United, Chelsea) are handing out gifts we allow the likes of Leicester and Liverpool to be ahead of us in the queue ...

Post #471738  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:53 am 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:
Newcastle 2-1 city

True. But City are making it a lot easier for them than most people would have predicted.

Post #471739  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 pm 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ian-yifang

We're after Carrasco.

Post #471740  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:55 pm 

Arsenal really have to do something about attendance at games. Last night had 59k tickets sold (and announced as the attendance) but there was easily 10k less than this.
The club need to make it easier to sell/exchange tickets back to the club – surely there should be an app for this and potentially there needs to be a use it or lose it motivation for season ticket holders. Obviously not everyone can make every game so there should be a % of games to attend otherwise the ticket should go to someone who is going to show up and support the team

Post #471741  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:38 pm 

Rich wrote:
Arsenal really have to do something about attendance at games. Last night had 59k tickets sold (and announced as the attendance) but there was easily 10k less than this.
The club need to make it easier to sell/exchange tickets back to the club – surely there should be an app for this and potentially there needs to be a use it or lose it motivation for season ticket holders. Obviously not everyone can make every game so there should be a % of games to attend otherwise the ticket should go to someone who is going to show up and support the team

Also let’s be honest what is happening on the pitch affects this as well and if our product is substandard and our team only has 2 world class players then really you could be offering a free Thai massage with some tickets and they still wouldn’t sell

Post #471742  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:22 pm 

Oh my God . I'm biting my lips and chewing on my tongue..................

Post #471743  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:41 pm 

Bournemouth 4 Chelsea 0 FT

Post #471744  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:53 pm 

Totts jammy as ever. Losing 1-0 till 80th min then win 2-1

Leaves Liverpool drawing 1-1 with Leicester.............
Klopp losing it big time.

Post #471745  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Bournemouth 4 Chelsea 0 FT

:14laughter:
And Arsenal go fourth. At least until we play City.

Post #471746  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:09 pm 

Suarez signed, loan with option to buy according to BBC.
Well, if he's half as good as the last Dennis we bought everyone will be happy.

Post #471747  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:35 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

Also let’s be honest what is happening on the pitch affects this as well and if our product is substandard and our team only has 2 world class players then really you could be offering a free Thai massage with some tickets and they still wouldn’t sell

Hi Rich, I'm afraid Top Gun is right. If you start taking season tickets away from people who don't attend a fairly high percentage of games, I really don't think enough of them would be re-sold to make it a sensible policy. I agree that season ticket holders should be able to re-sell their seats if they don't go. But isn't there something already in place to enable it? I've never used it; is it called the ticket exchange scheme, or something like that?

Post #471748  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:30 am 

We'll likely lose our place in the table at City. It would be great if we could eke out a draw somehow, no matter how unlikely despite City's recent results.

Post #471749  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 am 

Nketiah going on loan to Augsburg
Smith-Rowe going on loan to RB Leipzig

Emile Smith Rowe loan is earning us £1m according to reports. We should absolutely be doing this, as Chelsea have proven there is easy and good money to be made in the loan market. Just don’t do it the usual Arsenal way and send a player on loan for the last 2 years of his contract with no intention of him coming back and eventually he leaves for free.

Chelsea have made £15m from 2 loan fees for Zouma in the last 2 seasons. That covers the cost of signing him in the first place and you still have the player and his value of you want to sell him.

Great experience for these two to play 6 months in Germany.

Post #471750  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:15 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
you could be offering a free Thai massage with some tickets and they still wouldn’t sell

I hear they offer cunnilingus on Bryantwood Road and that's still not enough for some punters, eh Bernard?

Post #471751  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:20 am 

Apparently the attendance at sp*rz vs Watford was 29,000.

Post #471752  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:07 am 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

Hi Rich, I'm afraid Top Gun is right. If you start taking season tickets away from people who don't attend a fairly high percentage of games, I really don't think enough of them would be re-sold to make it a sensible policy. I agree that season ticket holders should be able to re-sell their seats if they don't go. But isn't there something already in place to enable it? I've never used it; is it called the ticket exchange scheme, or something like that?

Actually, another point I'd make on this issue is this. The stadium filled up a lot in the 10-15 minutes before kick off, as it did in the Manchester United game last Friday when it looked deserted a quarter of an hour before kick off. There were far more empty seats in some games towards the end of last season when there was the 'Wenger effect' than in the Cardiff match.

If there were around 50k in the ground against Cardiff, I see that as a pretty good attendance. We're not competing for the title, we were playing relegation strugglers who under a dinosaur like Warnock aren't known for entertaining football, it was an evening game on an icey cold night, and heavy snow was forest for 9.00 pm (so my wife told me before I left). Even though the snow didn't happen, the forecast may have put some off going as it could make getting home problematic for fans who live a distance from North London, as plenty do.

I really don't think 50k against poxy Cardiff taking account of the above is anything to moan about.

Post #471753  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 am 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
you could be offering a free Thai massage with some tickets and they still wouldn’t sell

I hear they offer cunnilingus on Bryantwood Road and that's still not enough for some punters, eh Bernard?

Not when Crimewatch is coming on.

Post #471754  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 am 

Rich wrote:

Use it or lose it?? With all due respect Rich, that's naive. You can encourage and cajole, but you can't force supporters to attend. Success is the only driver. Unless the team is doing well or it's attractive opposition, there can never be an expectation of a full house.

It has always been the prerogative of the ST holder to attend or not attend, indeed it was the mass non-attendance of ST holders in recent seasons that finally did for AW. It was - still is - about the only way that's left to make a meaningful protest; the wider support should be grateful for the significant financial sacrifice that was made to make the point about the need for change. If they're again choosing to stay away, it's a strong indication that all is not well!

On another point, ST holders who can't or don't wish to attend a game can put their tickets up for sale via the Arsenal.com Ticket Exchange - BUT - the Club only activate the Ticket Exchange once all other tickets have been sold - i.e. when the Club has sold all their tickets. They also take 15% of the sell-on price. In this way, the Club prioritise the value of the their tickets at the expense of the ST tickets. I occasionally use the TE scheme to soften the blow if I can't (or can't be arsed) to attend. Once the Club announce that a match is 'Sold Out' and the TE scheme is activated, my tickets usually sell quite quickly.

That tells me that the Cardiff game wasn't a sell-out and frankly, I'm not surprised. Is anyone? It wasn't just the ST holders who stayed away, it was the prawn sandwich brigade and indeed the wider support. If supporters won't buy the available tickets, how can ST holders be blamed? It's a simple fact that there's reduced interest in some games.

The best example is the Europa Cup where tickets cost buttons in relative terms - less than £20 for adults - but the Club can't give them away. Hence the TE scheme is never activated, most ST holders, myself included, wouldn't cross the road to watch any of the fixtures so far, so the net result is a stadium that's at best two-thirds empty.

But make no mistake, be it Cardiff or Qarrierbag, those empty seats should make plenty of noise somewhere in Denver (though somehow, I doubt it).

Post #471755  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:06 am 

DHD wrote:
Rich wrote:

But make no mistake, be it Cardiff or Qarrierbag, those empty seats should make plenty of noise somewhere in Denver (though somehow, I doubt it).

I really don’t think it matters, all he needs is sponsorship and tv money to drive up his share price. I think Wenger got sacked because the PR and image of Arsenal’s empty stadium looked soooo bad it wasn’t the financial implications.

I’d suggest doing something like reducing beer prices to cost plus 10% to try and get more people in the stadium but I don’t think that does it.

You need some exciting players, people get excited by footballers who can put a defender on their backside and get the crowd out of their seats. We just don’t have that right now.

I remember sitting at Wembley for the game againest Swedish minnows AIK solna on a Wednesday and 75,000 odd people turned up and the place was packed. I remember thinking bloody hell there are so many of us and that’s why we had to leave Highbury despite what people have said. But the reason is people can come to watch bergkamp, overmars and an Henry but Iwobi and Myhikitaryan ? They aren’t as much of a draw

Worth remember football is entertainment and people don’t pay money to watch bad entertainment. (Apart from Barnet fans)

Post #471756  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:50 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

:7laughter:

Post #471757  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:05 pm 

Attachment:

Post #471758  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 pm 

Can’t recall a transfer window where I’ve cared less.

Any of the names being mooted to join us wouldn’t be coming if it was a summer window and probably have major question marks over them and all of their respective clubs who are trying to rip us off.

Were desperate for players but paying excessive fees for average talent doesn’t work.

Post #471759  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:45 pm 

Martial has signed a new contract earning him £250k pw. Shows how far ahead Man U (and obviously City) are when they can give that size contract to a footballer who isn't even a nailed on first 11 player.

Post #471760  Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:33 am 

dec wrote:
Martial has signed a new contract earning him £250k pw. Shows how far ahead Man U (and obviously City) are when they can give that size contract to a footballer who isn't even a nailed on first 11 player.

Oh I don't know, Dec.

We've got one on £350k pw.

[ 548398 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11791, 11792, 11793, 11794, 11795, 11796, 11797 ... 13710  Next