Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf and 289 guests

Post #497601  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:01 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Rich wrote:
Most of the talk today is that Saka will come back in to the side for England's Semi Final. Sometimes we need to step back and realise how talented Saka is. 19 years old and potentially being picked ahead of the likes of Sancho, Foden, Rashford and Grealish is phenomenal.

Amazing what he's done. I hope England win for his sake and because Italy England would be pretty tasty. I've always had an aversion to the azzurri so it's England all the way! :5encouragement:

I love the Italians. Always have. Their passion verges on lunacy and they seem to endure tragedy and elation in equal measure despite winning most of their games.

Also,Chiellini laughing his head off at the coin toss before the penalties last night. Fabulous.

Post #497602  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:24 pm 

You can smell another England goal coming.

Post #497603  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:29 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
You can smell another England goal coming.

Give me a pointer where to sniff

Post #497604  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:31 pm 

Typical Kane, cheating to get a penalty. Disgusting.

Post #497605  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:34 pm 

gooner7 wrote:

He got the ball first, the defender didn’t.

Post #497606  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:48 pm 

Having come on for Saka (whom I thought was excellent) I find myself wanting show-pony Grealish to fukup.

How bad an Englishman am I?

Post #497607  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:49 pm 

Southgate has not covered himself in glory tonight. Saka off for Grealish was pointless. Mount has been poor and Sterling ineffective on the right. Please lift the curse of ITV.

Post #497608  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:54 pm 

Extra time. Fair play to the Danes they're a tough nut to crack.

Post #497609  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:56 pm 

Ash wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

He's been diving all game.

Post #497610  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:01 pm 

dec wrote:
Ash wrote:

He has. The comms call it 'winning fouls'.

Post #497611  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:09 pm 

dec wrote:
Ash wrote:

Sure. It’s Harry Kane, my favourite is where he feels the defender gently breathe on him and goes down :laughing7: Got to the ball before the defender there though.

Post #497612  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:20 pm 

The Danes has lost steam. Don't think they can get an equaliser.

Post #497613  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:39 pm 

Penalty rebound and an OG :laughing7: Italy must be quaking in their Armanis

Post #497614  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:50 pm 

Probably not a pen and lucky with the rebound but deserved the win on the balance of play.

The Danes actually became less effective and more disjointed after they made that raft of subs.

I would say that england can feel a little fortunate not to have had to play Spain, Italy, France or Belgium on route to the final because any one of those would have been very tricky games.

Sterling was brilliant, unplayable at times and Kane was his usual potent mix of amazing strength, skill and blatant simulation.

Italy are probably a better all round side but in Sterling and Kane we have players with pace and power who can both create and score out of virtually nothing.

I fancy us against them. They are very good technically, have a great defence and midfield but their forwards are quite wasteful and not in the class of Kane or Sterling.

Post #497615  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:32 pm 

socrates wrote:
...Italy are probably a better all round side but in Sterling and Kane we have players with pace and power who can both create and score out of virtually nothing. I fancy us against them. They are very good technically, have a great defence and midfield but their forwards are quite wasteful and not in the class of Kane or Sterling.
I can never go against Italy as they are masters of international football, and in Chiesa they have a diamond. But yes, you have to think England are in with a decent shout - varied attacking options, good game management and Pickford aside, an outstanding defence. The keeper worries me, but so far his distribution mistakes have gone unpunished, and he is generally a tidy shot-stopper. As my mate said tonight, if only Schmeicel was English!

Post #497616  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:45 pm 

An evening of pure revulsion and disgust occurred at Wembley this evening, a national disgrace of people cheering, smiling and hugging.

Pure filth.

Post #497617  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:48 pm 

Ash wrote:
Penalty rebound and an OG :laughing7: Italy must be quaking in their Armanis

The og was a very good goal actually. Showed the intelligence of our lad. 2 against the Germans, 4 Ukraine, 2 Denmark. The Italians will know we can score.

Post #497618  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:02 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
An evening of pure revulsion and disgust occurred at Wembley this evening, a national disgrace of people cheering, smiling and hugging.

Pure filth.

It was truly disgusting, I nearly choked on my bratwurst.

Post #497619  Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:31 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Pure filth.

Interesting that you think that way.

Post #497620  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:22 am 

socrates wrote:
Probably not a pen and lucky with the rebound but deserved the win on the balance of play.

The Danes actually became less effective and more disjointed after they made that raft of subs.

I would say that england can feel a little fortunate not to have had to play Spain, Italy, France or Belgium on route to the final because any one of those would have been very tricky games.

Sterling was brilliant, unplayable at times and Kane was his usual potent mix of amazing strength, skill and blatant simulation.

Italy are probably a better all round side but in Sterling and Kane we have players with pace and power who can both create and score out of virtually nothing.

I fancy us against them. They are very good technically, have a great defence and midfield but their forwards are quite wasteful and not in the class of Kane or Sterling.

It was unfortunate Damsgaard was substituted. And it was a double whammy as Poulsen was offering nothing.

Post #497621  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:22 am 

Well done to the manager. Kept his powder burning and held off substituting anyone till the last moment. Like he knew they would crumble.

Non existent in extra time but we were awesome.

Still think Saka was patient and saw little of the game first half because Sterling was the main point of attack. Was thinking how good it would be if he joined us rather than Pep going all out for Saka now. Kate had a great game too and never stopped.

Post #497622  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:12 am 

Their number 24 was pushing into Sterling's hip.Even if you think it was weak what about the earlier pen shout that wasn't given it was a nailed on penalty imo.

Post #497623  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:35 am 

Lots of reports that the Ben White deal is close. I’m still not confident about it. Tavares and Lokonga seem like done deals for around £23-25m for the pair.
The priority positions to sort out then will be central attacking midfield, gk and right back. As well as sorting the future of at least 6-7 players

Post #497624  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:36 am 

I thought Kane had a better shout for a penalty than the one Sterling got. If that Sterling penalty had been against Arsenal I’d have been fuming.
I also think if the ref hadn’t given the penalty then VAR wouldn’t have over turned his decision

Post #497625  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:42 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Their number 24 was pushing into Sterling's hip.Even if you think it was weak what about the earlier pen shout that wasn't given it was a nailed on penalty imo.

I look forward to us getting those penalties next year

Post #497626  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:44 am 

Rich wrote:
Lots of reports that the Ben White deal is close. I’m still not confident about it. Tavares and Lokonga seem like done deals for around £23-25m for the pair.
The priority positions to sort out then will be central attacking midfield, gk and right back. As well as sorting the future of at least 6-7 players

We probably can’t do the deals until we find a buyer for Saka

Post #497627  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:11 am 

Rich wrote:
I thought Kane had a better shout for a penalty than the one Sterling got. If that Sterling penalty had been against Arsenal I’d have been fuming.
I also think if the ref hadn’t given the penalty then VAR wouldn’t have over turned his decision

To be honest, I’m certain you would have been fuming if the Kane one was given against Arsenal.

Post #497628  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:21 am 

Rich wrote:

Hi Rich,

I thought the Sterling one looked like a pen in real time and without the benefit of slow motion replays. This is where I think VAR has to say to the ref look I am not sure there was any actual contact but go and have a look at the monitor and see what you think. Especially so in the context of such a big game. That way the ref, and both sets of players, can be reassured that he has seen the incident in both real time and slo-mo and any decision has thus been properly scrutinised.

Infact, you might argue that for any pen that is actually given the ref should automatically have a look at the monitor just to make sure. Just as VAR checks when a potential pen is not given.

Post #497629  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:24 am 

DHD wrote:
Having come on for Saka (whom I thought was excellent) I find myself wanting show-pony Grealish to fukup.

I don’t think the coaching team trusts Grealish and his defensive side.

On Saka it’s so great to watch a young lad having such success. Arsenal need to lock him down to another huge contract ASAP.

He reminds me a bit of one of my favourite Arsenal players Anders Limpar in as much as he’s good at playing on the shoulder of his full back and can do that well but many of his best moments comes from when he drops into midfield and overloads it so runners start appearing and all of a sudden things open up. Anders was very good at that part of his game. 2 very good players. Hope that kid makes a ton of money and has tons of success

Post #497630  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:04 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:

The trouble is, big and more successful clubs will start casting envious eyes on Saka very soon. They probably already are. Having said that, it would astonish me if Saka was sold this summer. But sorry for my negativity about Kroenke, I think it’s only a matter of time before Saka is sold.

His current contract expires 2024 so another three years. I would hope there’s a decent possibility he’ll sign another with Arsenal. The impression I get is that contracts go to a 30th June in the future from when the new one is signed rather than the date the old (or current) one expires.

If that’s right and it’s extended in 2022 for four years, that takes it to 2026. If he extends it in 2023 that takes it to 2027. But I’m much less confident about another being signed after that, unless somehow things improve to such an an extent at Arsenal that I personally doubt is likely.

Hence my guess is Saka will probably be sold for the maximum price two years before the expiry of his next, not current, contract. If so he’ll be sold in either 2024 or 2025. So in three or four years.

Post #497631  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:41 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

The trouble is, big and more successful clubs will start casting envious eyes on Saka very soon. They probably already are. Having said that, it would astonish me if Saka was sold this summer. But sorry for my negativity about Kroenke, I think it’s only a matter of time before Saka is sold.

His current contract expires 2024 so another three years. I would hope there’s a decent possibility he’ll sign another with Arsenal. The impression I get is that contracts go to a 30th June in the future from when the new one is signed rather than the date the old (or current) one expires.

If that’s right and it’s extended in 2022 for four years, that takes it to 2026. If he extends it in 2023 that takes it to 2027. But I’m much less confident about another being signed after that, unless somehow things improve to such an an extent at Arsenal that I personally doubt is likely.

Hence my guess is Saka will probably be sold for the maximum price two years before the expiry of his next, not current, contract. If so he’ll be sold in either 2024 or 2025. So in three or four years.

I wasn't actually being serious, but likewise I think Saka will be with us for a little while longer. If we get CL next season, he will be happy but I am not sure that people won't be in his ear if we fail to be in the CL in the near future. It would only make sense for someone who is still developing to want to test himself against better players than you get in the League/FA Cups and even Europa league. Dundalk and the group last year failed to inspire me. In fact we never played a top team at all
in the last 2 years of Europa and still bombed out.

Post #497632  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:50 am 

This is brilliant f365 have had to put up a separate mailbox today to cover all the fans who posted in from Ireland consumed by bitterness about last nights game

https://www.football365.com/news/englan ... ng-penalty

Post #497633  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:51 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Arsenal has 2 seasons to show ambition and be chasing for the EPL, and also achieve ECL qualification. Saka will be gone if we don't progress during these 2 years. And not just Saka.

Post #497634  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:16 am 

As an Irish man I was supporting England and will do for the final.

Post #497635  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:18 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
This is brilliant f365 have had to put up a separate mailbox today to cover all the fans who posted in from Ireland consumed by bitterness about last nights game

Some Irish, some English, by the look of it.

Post #497636  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:32 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Some Irish, some English, by the look of it.

Mostly Irish they’ve been inundated throughout and the comments are *%^@*** hysterical :laughing7:

Like .

Can the mailbox editor not stop Irish emails coming in until England have won? I mean, I know we're terrible and we didn't give you enough potatoes a while back, but can't we move on until at least after the final?

Post #497637  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:43 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
...Hope that kid makes a ton of money and has tons of success
Yes, he is a special talent, and like the young Viera, already has you thinking "I was lucky to see him play."

Post #497638  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:43 am 

Ben white transfer increased to 48 plus 6 in add ons

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/statu ... 67872?s=20

Post #497639  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:48 am 

Bernard wrote:
...Hence my guess is Saka will probably be sold for the maximum price two years before the expiry of his next, not current, contract. If so he’ll be sold in either 2024 or 2025. So in three or four years.
There will always be bigger clubs who will offer big money to Arsenal for our best players, so you are probably right. I say let us enjoy this young man while he is with us.

Post #497640  Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:13 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
DHD wrote:

I don’t think the coaching team trusts Grealish and his defensive side.

On Saka it’s so great to watch a young lad having such success. Arsenal need to lock him down to another huge contract ASAP.

He reminds me a bit of one of my favourite Arsenal players Anders Limpar in as much as he’s good at playing on the shoulder of his full back and can do that well but many of his best moments comes from when he drops into midfield and overloads it so runners start appearing and all of a sudden things open up. Anders was very good at that part of his game. 2 very good players. Hope that kid makes a ton of money and has tons of success

Fully agree with that .
Have to tie him down to another one fast to reflect his new status.
Absoloutely love the kid.
So humble and just comes across as a very respectful young man.

[ 537937 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12438, 12439, 12440, 12441, 12442, 12443, 12444 ... 13449  Next