Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 282 guests

Post #471841  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:49 pm 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... Wenger/amp

More on Aubameyang.

Post #471842  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:50 pm 

Niall wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Makes one realise just what an awesome achievement it was for our Invincibles to be invincible

It's all we have to cling to these days.

It was a very long time ago

Post #471843  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:51 pm 

4 -3 and a few mins left still.

Post #471844  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 pm 

Niall wrote:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/904578/Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-Arsenal-Alexis-Sanchez-Arsene-Wenger/amp

More on Aubameyang.

It doesn't matter who comes in if Arsene remains in place

Post #471845  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 pm 

Well - A far more interesting game that then the last one I just watched.

Post #471846  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 pm 

Phew. That was closer than it looked like it was going to be. Good job that City borrowed our defence for a short period in that game.

Post #471847  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm 

Better that Mbappé never came to Arsenal. Would've been ruined.

Post #471848  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Niall wrote:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/904578/Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-Arsenal-Alexis-Sanchez-Arsene-Wenger/amp

More on Aubameyang.

It doesn't matter who comes in if Arsene remains in place

We still have to bring quality in though. Amazing effort from City there, glad they were beaten.

Post #471849  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:57 pm 

Mixed emotions.
Glad our unbeaten season is safe for another season.
Feared if City avoided today then I fancied them to do it.

We are a fading force as much as it pains me to say.
Imagine Liverpool had a defence and a decent keeper they would be pushing City for the league.
We are miles behind the likes of Liverpool and City who play the thrilling football we used to.
No direction , or structure or pattern to our play.
We are on a downward spiral while the likes of Liverpool and City are on an upward one.
Wenger is slowly destroying us.
Doesnt matter who we bring in.
They just get sucked in and absorbed into a shower of shite.
In a wierd way defeat doesnt hurt as much anymore. Just indifferent to it all.
In a strange sort of way all it does is increasingly unify all the fans to want to see the back of Wenger.

Post #471850  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:00 pm 

I think it was disgraceful how Ox burst through and took a shot from distance to score his goal. There were at least a couple of two yard sideways passes that he could have made.

Post #471851  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:00 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Phew. That was closer than it looked like it was going to be. Good job that City borrowed our defence for a short period in that game.

Post #471852  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:08 pm 

Firminio , Mané and Salah all magnificent signings.
Where the fck were we?????
Whats happened to our scouting.

Lets hope Sven can find some similar players.

Id take Klopp every day of the week over our hapless has been.

Post #471853  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:15 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
That Gullim Balague is tweeting aubameyang has been left out of the Dortmund squad as he is close to signing for us.

This is a new one, would make no sense as it's probably the only position we have a decent player in. We need defenders midfielder and wingers

I don't want poxy Wenger spending the next manager's transfer budget. Also, it gives Kroenke a reason to trust Wenger's assurances that he sees what's been going wrong so should get his contract extended as he's the man to put things right Anyway, we probably won't get fourth place with or without Aubameyang.

Post #471854  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:22 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
That Gullim Balague is tweeting aubameyang has been left out of the Dortmund squad as he is close to signing for us.

This is a new one, would make no sense as it's probably the only position we have a decent player in. We need defenders midfielder and wingers

I don't want poxy Wenger spending the next manager's transfer budget. Also, it gives Kroenke a reason to trust Wenger's assurances that he sees what's been going wrong so should get his contract extended. Anyway, we probably won't get fourth place or win the Europa League, with or without Aubemeyang.

Having watched Lacazette today I would agree Bernard

Your not going to convince me he's a bad player, he can finish, is hard working but his confidence is clearly destroyed by the mess Wenger has created. He could have gone to Madrid or elsewhere and now he has Arsenal fans accusing him of not being good enough. He's made a very bad decision coming to us.

As me and you suggested some time ago we could sign Messi or Ronaldo and still wouldn't win the league

Post #471855  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:26 pm 

david.d wrote:

I'd take Jack the bloody Ripper over our hapless has been. And that's (a) not knowing who Jack the Ripper was, and (b) whoever it was, he'd be dead by now.

Post #471856  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:43 pm 

Niall wrote:

More on Aubameyang.

£53m on a 28 year old. Good player but that is a shed load of money for zero return.

We need to realise where we are. We are in the Liverpool and spurs tier of transfers. Except we don’t think we are. The model should be the same as those two, and Dortmund and athletico. Buy young and exciting players, improve them and then crucially you will need to sell them for absolute top price when those top level teams come in with silly bids. Look at the money generated by Liverpool and spurs with recent transfers out - let alone thinking what price assets they have in their squad for when the big clubs come again.

With Sanchez and Özil gone what player is our squad is attracting interest from any team bigger than us? What player in our squad would even get in the first 11’s of the 5 teams above us?

Post #471857  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:44 pm 

david.d wrote:
Firminio , Mané and Salah all magnificent signings.
Where the fck were we?????
Whats happened to our scouting.

Lets hope Sven can find some similar players.

£30-35m for each of the 3.
Cheap as chips in today’s market and all covered by coutinho’s fee with £50m change

Post #471858  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:47 pm 

Rich wrote:
Niall wrote:

More on Aubameyang.

£53m on a 28 year old. Good player but that is a shed load of money for zero return.

We need to realise where we are. We are in the Liverpool and spurs tier of transfers. Except we don’t think we are. The model should be the same as those two, and Dortmund and athletico. Buy young and exciting players, improve them and then crucially you will need to sell them for absolute top price when those top level teams come in with silly bids. Look at the money generated by Liverpool and spurs with recent transfers out - let alone thinking what price assets they have in their squad for when the big clubs come again.

With Sanchez and Özil gone what player is our squad is attracting interest from any team bigger than us? What player in our squad would even get in the first 11’s of the 5 teams above us?

Aubameyang is one of the best strikers in Europe. If we are seriously in with a chance of landing him we have to be in like Flynn.

Post #471859  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:55 pm 

Ya. Liverpool are amazing. Amazing manager. Amazing players,. Amazing fans. Just amazing.

Post #471860  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:57 pm 

Anyway Balague and the Express are leading on it, so huge dose of salt needs to be applied I think.

Post #471861  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:57 pm 

Maybe city losing will convince pep he really does need Sanchez and sticks another £10m on their bid

Post #471862  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm 

Niall wrote:
Rich wrote:

Aubameyang is one of the best strikers in Europe. If we are seriously in with a chance of landing him we have to be in like Flynn.

And totally change the formation to play 2 up front.
I’m all for signing top class players but we’re not in the luxury position of trying to find the final piece of the jigsaw. We have a £50m striker.

If I had the confidence that we would go and get Aubameyang AND go and sort our defence, central midfield and creative woes then I’d be all for it.

Above all I don’t want wenger to spend any money the next man might have. If the new guy for Dortmund takes control of transfers then that is better. But wenger still picks the team and he seems to have thrown his toys out of the pram with players being pushed on him that he hasn’t identified

Post #471863  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. One important characteristic of true greatness is knowing when it's time to go, move on, retire or however else you want to put it. The game not only caught Wenger's juddering Skoda up but passed him by in its Ferrari without even bothering to give him a casual wave goodbye as it accelerated away.

Knowing when it's time to leave is a characteristic that Wenger simply doesn't have.

Post #471864  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:02 pm 

Thank God I went back to bed ..... Wenger promising to look at the result "harshly ".

:laughing7: Please .......... it's not in your DNA to take harsh action , remember your utterance last month "criticised players might get worse ".
Ask for help or f**** off you half wit ...... preferably the latter . :26encouragement: Citeee beaten Halleluhah

Post #471865  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:03 pm 

Liverpool concede a lot but score loads. If we can’t win stuff hen I’d rather we went back to that kind of football. It is fun to watch. Pace, pressing, tempo - and it isn’t turned on or off. The intensity is generally here all game. Yes they have brain farts that stop them winning the league but I think they could be 20 points ahead of us by the end of the season

Post #471866  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:08 pm 

Rich wrote:
Niall wrote:

I’m all for signing top class players but we’re not in the luxury position of trying to find the final piece of the jigsaw. We have a £50m striker.

If I had the confidence that we would go and get Aubameyang AND go and sort our defence, central midfield and creative woes then I’d be all for it.

Above all I don’t want wenger to spend any money the next man might have. If the new guy for Dortmund takes control of transfers then that is better. But wenger still picks the team and he seems to have thrown his toys out of the pram with players being pushed on him that he hasn’t identified

We haven't got anyone who scores goals, Rich.
If Aubameyang is available and willing to come to us, it is exactly the type of signing we need. To give the club a lift and prove we can still attract top targets despite Sanchez's departure and the possible departure of Özil.
If we land Aubameyang and Malcolm this week then we'd have two new committed players that I would wager any possible incoming manager would welcome having in the squad should that be the case.
We have loads of money, part of the problem has been the inability or reluctance to spend it on quality players.

Post #471867  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:11 pm 

Niall wrote:
Anyway Balague and the Express are leading on it, so huge dose of salt needs to be applied I think.

The only thing that lends an element of credibility to it is that our new scout has just come from Dortmund and discovered the player I think. Also may influence the Armenian winger at united coming as part of the Sanchez deal who was also at Dortmund.

However PEA and Lacazette can't both play in the same side as others are suggesting. Both players play on the shoulder of the last man, surely not a good combination and it would have to be one or the other

Post #471868  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Niall wrote:

The only thing that lends an element of credibility to it is that our new scout has just come from Dortmund and discovered the player I think. Also may influence the Armenian winger at united coming as part of the Sanchez deal who was also at Dortmund.

However PEA and Lacazette can't both play in the same side as others are suggesting. Both players play on the shoulder of the last man, surely not a good combination and it would have to be one or the other

Yes the last point could well be valid. But we could rotate the two players in the squad. With Giroud probably off and Walcott too we haven't got any other strikers bar the youngster Eddie.

We really are a mess.

Post #471869  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:23 pm 

Rich wrote:

Agree completely with this. Malcom, Lemar, Goretzka, Keita, Bakayoko and Draxler are the type of player we should be going for, not Aubameyang (who I suspect may fall of the proverbial cliff in the near future) and Mkhitaryan.

Get young, talented players in who are hungry to make a name for themselves, and a manager who has an idea of what to do with them. Look at the way Liverpool are playing now after a couple of seasons with Klopp and the team he has built. This was their squad the season before Klopp arrived - mediocre pretty much all the way through, with a couple of bright spots. Fast forward to now and they're one of the most exciting teams to watch in Europe. And who knows, if Van Dijk is the player he's hyped up to be and Keita is successful they might be ready to properly challenge next season.

Post #471870  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Rich wrote:

Agree completely with this. Malcom, Lemar, Goretzka, Keita, Bakayoko and Draxler are the type of player we should be going for, not Aubameyang (who I suspect may fall of the proverbial cliff in the near future) and Mkhitaryan.

Get young, talented players in who are hungry to make a name for themselves, and a manager who has an idea of what to do with them. Look at the way Liverpool are playing now after a couple of seasons with Klopp and the team he has built. This was their squad the season before Klopp arrived - mediocre pretty much all the way through, with a couple of bright spots. Fast forward to now and they're one of the most exciting teams to watch in Europe. And who knows, if Van Dijk is the player he's hyped up to be and Keita is successful they might be ready to properly challenge next season.

Nobody is going to disagree with a policy of bringing in young, hungry, potentially top players. Problem is, who is going to replace Sanchez's 20 goals now? None of those names scream goals to me like PAE does. For me, it's a no brainer, you take the top striker all day long.

Post #471871  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 pm 

Niall wrote:
Rich wrote:

If Aubameyang is available and willing to come to us, it is exactly the type of signing we need. To give the club a lift and prove we can still attract top targets despite Sanchez's departure and the possible departure of Özil.
If we land Aubameyang and Malcolm this week then we'd have two new committed players that I would wager any possible incoming manager would welcome having in the squad should that be the case.
We have loads of money, part of the problem has been the inability or reluctance to spend it on quality players.

I agree, scoring goals is now our biggest problem I think. Our ratio of goals to possession must be the worst in the league.

Not sure how he'd fit in but we are in no position to turn away potential goal threats.

My only concern is, like Lacazette, why have none of the big boys taken a punt on him before now. He's no spring chicken.

A top quality CF and a top quality CB and maybe we'd at least have the beginnings of a team again.

Post #471872  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:35 pm 

Niall wrote:
Nobody is going to disagree with a policy of bringing in young, hungry, potentially top players. Problem is, who is going to replace Sanchez's 20 goals now? None of those names scream goals to me like PAE does. For me, it's a no brainer, you take the top striker all day long.

I wouldn't expect any one player to replace what Sanchez brought to the team. Think our success depends more on finding a new balance where we simply create more chances and several players can chip in with the goals.

Post #471873  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:35 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Rich wrote:

Never mind that bollocks !

Did you see Xhaka for the 2nd goal today ! :1laughter: :glasses12: :1laughter:

One for your magic list as you forget quickly

Post #471874  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:36 pm 

Hazuki wrote:

Get young, talented players in who are hungry to make a name for themselves, and a manager who has an idea of what to do with them.

I absolutely agree with this Haz, but we need some short of short term fix as well if Wenger intends seeing out the rest of his contract.

Post #471875  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:37 pm 

socrates wrote:
Niall wrote:

I agree, scoring goals is now our biggest problem I think. Our ratio of goals to possession must be the worst in the league.

Not sure how he'd fit in but we are in no position to turn away potential goal threats.

My only concern is, like Lacazette, why have none of the big boys taken a punt on him before now. He's no spring chicken.

A top quality CF and a top quality CB and maybe we'd at least have the beginnings of a team again.

Post #471876  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Niall wrote:

I wouldn't expect any one player to replace what Sanchez brought to the team. Think our success depends more on finding a new balance where we simply create more chances and several players can chip in with the goals.

Everybody wants that. No one is claiming that signing Aubameyang is the only signing required.

The problem is we need a player who is capable of scoring 20 goals plus .. we have lacked this player since Van Persie left and Lacazette unfortunately up to now has not delivered the goods.

It seems strange to me that some people would rather we didn't sign a striker of the quality of Aubameyang if we have the change of landing him.

Post #471877  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:44 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I didn't say he hasn't cost us goals - I even gave examples myself of when this has happened. But you know what, at least I'm stating my honest opinion about the player, and debating your points at face value. Have you ever made an intellectually honest point on here? Or debated someone without distorting what they say in an attempt at being funny or clever (you're neither)?

Finding it very hard to come to any other conclusion than you simply being a *%^@.

Post #471878  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:46 pm 

Niall wrote:
It seems strange to me that some people would rather we didn't sign a striker of the quality of Aubameyang if we have the change of landing him.

Apart from my idea of what our transfer strategy should be, I'm just not sure there's that much top quality football left in Aubameyang. Turning 29 later this year, and his game is based on speed. Those type of players tend not to age well.

Post #471879  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I didn't say he hasn't cost us goals - I even gave examples myself of when this has happened. But you know what, at least I'm stating my honest opinion about the player, and debating your points at face value. Have you ever made an intellectually honest point on here? Or debated someone without distorting what they say in an attempt at being funny or clever (you're neither)?

Finding it very hard to come to any other conclusion than you simply being a *%^@.

Yes you bloody did.

:1laughter:

Post #471880  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:50 pm 

http://news.arseblog.com/2018/01/report ... ubameyang/

Various reports this evening suggest that Arsenal are trying to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund.

The Gabonese international was left out of their 0-0 draw with Wolfsburg today, because of apparent disciplinary issues, and with the Gunners looking to replace Alexis Sanchez and possibly Theo Walcott, his name is doing the rounds as a potential recruit.

Some might say that it’s designed to take the focus off the team after a dismal 2-1 defeat to Bournemouth, however the stories are not coming from the Arsenal press pack and thus briefed by the press office, but journalists based on the continent.

Arsene Wenger would not be drawn on his transfer plans after the game, but did say Sanchez’s future would be decided in the next 48 hours with Man City or Man Utd his choice of destination.

The club are also believed to have held talks today with Bordeaux forward, Malcom, having had permission from the Ligue 1 side to discuss a move to North London.

Aubameyang, who will turn 29 in June but until that point remains 28, has been a consistent scorer in the Bundesliga, nevertheless, in the current circumstances it feels a bit panicky.

We’ll give this one a 6 for now, because if Arsenal aren’t planning on doing something about the state of this team and its lack of goals, we might as well pack up and go home.

[ 562427 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11794, 11795, 11796, 11797, 11798, 11799, 11800 ... 14061  Next