Fixtures Sunday May 12th - Manchester United - Old Trafford - 4:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 74 guests

Post #441  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:50 pm 

Never "threatened" to post anything of me and Frank.

The picture you've just posted is out of order Cannon. Different forum but the same old idiot.

Post #442  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:53 pm 

Yep, it's not rocket science how about that one of you and Frank that you keep threatening to post?
A mystery to solve - for some reason someone sent this picture to me , does anyone know who it is ?

Cannon, you know full well a few of us know who that is... I would ask that you delete it...

Post #443  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:56 pm 

Incidentally, someone (American Gooner ?) was asking about adding Urls in a message.

It is very simple to do now. Merely paste a full URL into a message and it will automatically be converted into a clickable link.

If it doesn't work for you, ensure "Do not automatically parse URLs" is unticked before viewing or submitting the message.

This works for email addresses (Although posted addresses will be picked up by the Googlebot searcher and this is what spammers use to obtain email addresses from.)

Post #444  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:56 pm 

Darren wrote:
Oh god, he's discovered how to post pictures.

Darren, your avatar is very strange, you can do better than that... And stop moaning at me... I like my bouts with Gunny... :icon_mrgreen:

Post #445  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:04 pm 

Anyway I get up this morning and the water was not on so cold shower... Then car would start, flat battrey as Leah (My Daughter) had left the back seat light on... Pouring down with rain and I mean pouring... Called taxi for 8.40 now running late to get 9.06 to Liverpool Street... Got call from mate at Harlow, he'd been there since 8am and no trains running... All station staff were off sick so no annoucements... Rumours of flooding, tree on line and Overhead power failure... Taxi turned up at 9.10... Got to Harlow, mate still there... No trains running from Harlow... Told by Ticket office who would not make announcements as it was not their job to o so, buses were being laid on from Stanstead... These were being delayed due to Major accident on M11 and buses were full so not stopping at Harlow... Finally Inspector came down from Bishops Stortford and told us all in simple terms to use London Underground at Epping, like 7/8 miles away and how do we get there... Rubbish Service...

Finally called Neighbour to pick me up and take me to Cheshunt to get into London,,, Arrived in office at 11.40... Still raining and too much work...

Post #446  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:06 pm 

Mee wrote:
Marseille wonderkid Andre Ayew has been watched by Arsenal - various. More paper talk and who is he?

Mee he joins a long list of players eligible for a Tree Team. I go with this one - have included a few old ones that you might recall.

Baobab Wilson

Bob Hazell
Yewgo Eghiogu
Trevor Cherry

Alan Oakes
Barry Rowan
Willo Flood
Lime Brady

Doug Allder
Poplar Robson
Eduardo da Silva Birch

Post #447  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:08 pm 

Yep, it's not rocket science how about that one of you and Frank that you keep threatening to post?
A mystery to solve - for some reason someone sent this picture to me , does anyone know who it is ?

Image[/quote]

Danny Baker?

Post #448  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:09 pm 

So, here we are on the new site. Just like the move from Highbury to the Emirates.
Great work mods !

Just why is every player we are linked with the new wonderkid ? it doesn't matter which country they're from, it's always that country's next best thing.

Apparently we're very close to signing Freeman, the latest English wonderkid and we're now being linked to Ghana's latest wonderkid Andre Ayew (who?).

Post #449  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:11 pm 

harlow steve wrote:
Finally called Neighbour to pick me up and take me to Cheshunt to get into London,,, Arrived in office at 11.40... Still raining and too much work...

Isn't it just lovely to start a day like that?

Yesterday started with me accidentally locking in my apartment keys in the laundry room. To get back in, I had to walk to my parents house, where I've strategically placed spare keys. They live about 25 minutes away, it was three degrees outside, and all I had on was a t-shirt and a pair of pretty thin training trousers...

Post #450  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:40 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Sorry if this question has been asked and answered - if so i missed it.
On the former site there was a Last Post You Read function which i found very useful. Does this new site have the same?

Quite a few of us have raised that OMOH, so I'd say quite a few of us are possibly missing it.

I think it was Vince who seems to be the only one who said he isn't missing it, so either he's found a way of finding the last read post as quickly as he did before, or he's got some spare time to find it. Thinking about it, it didn't seem to bother Harlow too much either.

Post #451  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:50 pm 

Not a very good idea to buy tickets for matches that you can't attended. I see also from your back pages that you have done this before and asked others on here to buy your tickets.
Not as clever then as you think you are Monsieur X, eh?

The alternative is to miss out on tickets completely. I'd rather buy tickets to games I am not 100% sure I can go to than miss on the ones I end up being able to go to. Since I have only realised recently that I could not go to that game, had I been able to go it would be impossible to buy a ticket now that it's sold out. QED.
If you have gone to my back pages you can probably count on one hand the ones I had to miss, so not that stupid, eh?

Post #452  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:59 pm 

Xav T wrote:
Don't you have the slightest sense of humour at all? This was a reference to past threads about people suggesting you and Choc might want to go to games sometimes. I did not intent to imply that you never went to any game, just that if I had the good fortune of being in the country on a weekday, or not unable to come for both work and family reasons,

In Cannon's defence it did overly sarcastic. I wouldn't like to be mentioned in the same sentence as Choclate Gonad.

Post #453  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:03 pm 

Well, then my advice to you is to try and be a little less patronizing about it. And to get your facts right before making ill judged comments with no basis in truth.[/quote]
Like I said, I was alluding to arguments others had with you, nothing more. Anyway, bored with this already, so that's it from me.

Post #454  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:08 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Quite a few of us have raised that OMOH, so I'd say quite a few of us are possibly missing it.

Bernard,

I saw your post earlier on harlow steves "trick" with saving the page as a favorite everytime you log off. I think the reason it didn't work was that the URL was incorrect. If you follow the "Supporters Forum"-link on the forums startpage, the URL will always be for the last post of the forum, not for the last post you read. In order to make sure the bookmark always takes you to the last post, you should click on the little icon of the last post you read (I've highlighted the icon on the attached picture - I'm so educational!), before shutting down your web browser.

In this case you're post (the one I'm replying to now) was #728, so the URL should be http://forum.stevegleiber.com/viewtopic.php?p=728#p728.

Just make sure that's the URL in your web browsers adress field when you save the page as a bookmark, and that bookmark will take you to that post everytime you click on it.

A bit more work than on the former forum, but once you got the hang of it, it's a quite good temporary solution.

Attachments:

Post #455  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:15 pm 

harlow steve wrote:
Darren, your avatar is very strange, you can do better than that... And stop moaning at me... I like my bouts with Gunny... :icon_mrgreen:

You've said that before about my avatar. It's one of Banksy's finest. I like it!

You're loving this site aren't you?! You're like a kid in a candy shop!

Post #456  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:23 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
In this case you're post (the one I'm replying to now) was #728, so the URL should be http://forum.stevegleiber.com/viewtopic.php?p=728#p728.

Where do you get the post number from?

Post #457  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:29 pm 

Tupac wrote:
I apperciate your efforts in fixing the forum. However, sometimes when I write a post I get logged off. Is there any reason for this?

Yes - press delete board cookies or just logoff and back on again

Should be good now

Post #458  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:35 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Where do you get the post number from?

I'm not sure why it's the number 728 (since there hasn't been 728 posts), but it's the ID of your post. On the picture I attached, I made a little red circle around an icon (it looks like this: Image). It's right next to the date and time of the post. Just click on that, and the URL will change to highlight that post.

I don't know what the number represents though.

Post #459  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:50 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
It's right next to the date and time of the post. Just click on that, and the URL will change to highlight that post.

Regrettably I can't open your link. Thanks anyway.

Post #460  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:18 pm 

Darren wrote:
You've said that before about my avatar. It's one of Banksy's finest. I like it You're loving this site aren't you?! You're like a kid in a candy shop!

Good goalie too, back in the day... Still think he save from Pele better than his art work...

I love new things... Change for me is as good as a rest, I get invigortated... I have to say one hting on the Canno Photograph of you know who!

You know who writes books and Tv shows and has his name on plenty of google sites... Hardly seems like the bloke who wnats to keep his name secret does it... I understand it is his wish on here, but what does he think people are going to do, hound him... A bit presumptious would you not say...

I reckon the Mob at the end of Spooks got him and we've seen the last of him...

He thought he was the dogs anyway... Always thinking he was superior to the rest of us... Could write a bit, grant him that, but bit of a d**k head...

If that does notg et him back, nothing will..

Post #461  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:25 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Hi Warrior, having pasted the URL, how do I make it into a keyword like on the old Forum? For example in my previous post I pasted the full link but wanted to call the link Myles rather than its full address?

Hi

Hold the mouse over the URL icon, the syntax comes up below it. It's the part after "or"

EG:

http://www.arsenal.com/index.asp

or

Arsenals Home page here

Rog ...

Post #462  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:37 pm 

Spencer wrote:
Hi Rog, Id like to change the colour of my signature, how can i do it? i know the area and ive got the colour chart but i cant seem to do it. Do i highlight (click & drag) all the text i want to change the colour of and then click on the colour?

Cheers

Yes - Highlite it, then click a colour

Rog ..

Post #463  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:41 pm 

Spencer wrote:
can someone help me please, its driving me nuts ... Im reply to a question from Hodd and everytime i click on submit it goes to the top of the screen where it says "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this."
whats going on?

I believe that when someone posts while you are writing yours, it goes to that message to give you the option of changing what you've written. I honestly can't see much point in it and it'll make it very time consuming to send a post during some of our more busy times, I'd imagine.

Post #464  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:44 pm 

Hi

Although not finished yet, are Internet Explorer users seeing *any* difference to the font size, particularly quoted text ?

It displays perfectly when the style sheet is local now in all browsers but still shows some bold when it comes off the server.

Rog ..

Post #465  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 pm 

Yo American and any others Stateside.Two episodes in and The Wire is up to its normal brilliant standard.This is the last series....I'll miss it but like they say its always best to go out on top.

Post #466  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:53 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
As you can see Rog it took me 5 attempts to get it right, I am a bit thick but it is much more complicated. Maybe I will get the hang of it but it is not as easy as before. Dont mean to complain by the way I am trying to be constructive!!!!!! :toothy5: :toothy6: :toothy5: :toothy6: :toothy5: :toothy6:

All I do is:

1) Paste the url
2) Highlite the Url - then click the Url icon.
3) Change the second square bracket ' ] ' to an equals sign
4) Go to the end of the url, add a square bracket there "]"
5) Type in some text to describe the link - Leaving the end [/URL] there ..
Code:
 [url=http://www.whatever.com]Link to that page[/url]

There are just multiple ways to post links now so it gives more choices.

Post #467  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:59 pm 

It has been widely reported that Pompey are closing in on a £5.5 million deal for Arsenal midfielder Lassana Diarra . Unlike most other transfer rumours, this one has gathered a head of steam recently for various reasons.

Diarra was initially poised to join Pompey after watching the team at Fratton Park, only to join Arsenal instead. However, he has featured even less for the Gunners than what he did for Chelsea and wants to move again in search of regular first team football.

Link

Still haven't figured out how to link to a word.

Edit by warrior

Post #468  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:11 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Still haven't figured out how to link to a word.

Hey Ag, re edit your post and have a look at how it's done

Rog ..

Post #469  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:48 pm 

I think it was Vince who seems to be the only one who said he isn't missing it, so either he's found a way of finding the last read post as quickly as he did before, or he's got some spare time to find it. Thinking about it, it didn't seem to bother Harlow too much either.[/quote]
I find it a good feature -allows you to quickly pick up where you left off and saves having to remember which page you were last on before closing down or going shopping for Icelandic Blue paint.

Post #470  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:01 pm 

We've bought a 17-year old Russian defender according to this. Won't be arriving until the summer though.

Anyone seen anything else on this?

Post #471  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:06 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
Yo American and any others Stateside.Two episodes in and The Wire is up to its normal brilliant standard.This is the last series....I'll miss it but like they say its always best to go out on top.

This is the 4th time I'm posting this response, hopefully it takes. I've been watching it. Philly looks like Balitmore, especially the row houses. The next episode can be seen a week early in 'On Demand' (channel 1).

Post #472  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:25 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Yeah, can you imagine what it will be like after a signing is announced or after an important match, it will be like a dogfight trying to get a posting on. Maybe priority should be given to posters alphabetically?

Good idea that. Abu agrees it is as well.

Post #473  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:44 pm 

What is the name of the new Arsenal channel that started yesterday? I thought there was something about Arsenal on every day, looked in the paper but cant find any reference to it and yesterday it was showing Arsenal question time for 1/2 hour but nothing else.

Post #474  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:49 pm 

goonerguru wrote:
What is the name of the new Arsenal channel that started yesterday? I thought there was something about Arsenal on every day, looked in the paper but cant find any reference to it and yesterday it was showing Arsenal question time for 1/2 hour but nothing else.

Arsenal TV. It's on 423.

Post #475  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:53 pm 

Wenger“You try to get as many guarantees as you can but when you see a player you can know his character,” remarked the 58-year-old.

“There is no better study than to watch somebody play. When he goes on the football pitch he becomes who he really is.

“In normal life you can hide. On the football pitch you show who you really are. That is why you should watch a player well so you can see behind his character because he delivers that with his performance.”

Post #476  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:54 pm 

Arsenal TV. It's on 423

Is there any progs on today?

Post #477  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:09 pm 

Arsenal - Brum replay is on. The picture is actually quite poor, its a little fuzzy. strange. Not impressed as its costing 10 quid a month.[/quote]
All the games I've watched on Sultana have been poor quality.

Post #478  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:11 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I believe that when someone posts while you are writing yours, it goes to that message to give you the option of changing what you've written. I honestly can't see much point in it and it'll make it very time consuming to send a post during some of our more busy times, I'd imagine.

Yeah, can you imagine what it will be like after a signing is announced or after an important match, it will be like a dogfight trying to get a posting on. Maybe priority should be given to posters alphabetically?

I have disabled this default functionality now (as it seemed to be such a big hit !)

Messages posted will now go thru immediately even if other members have made postings in the meantime.

There will no longer be any preview of new messages before a user submits their message.

Rog ..

Post #479  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:17 pm 

Steve c/o Colditz wrote:
Hallo Warrior,how do I get my avator picture in? was it not in the user control panel-thank you-steve.

Hi

I uploaded it for you ... :alien:

Post #480  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:18 pm 

Now the picture Cannon posted a lot of us know who it is... Of course sadi person would like to keep his name secret on the forum...

Yet said bloke writes books and does TV can be found easily on the Internet search engines... Blimey talk about cake and eat it...

What does he think is going to happen, we're all going to erect tents outside his house and stalk him...

The guys a 100% D**k head, who needs a reality check... Coming on here giving large about his education and using his grammer like a stick to beat the rest of us!!! He is full of himself and his knowledge of Arsen could be put on a pin head... His books are full of himself as well and he does not even reference the forum on Spooks...

I say to the tower with him and lop of his head...

Do you reckon that's enough to drag him back..

[ 390612 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 9766  Next