Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Bing [Bot], dec, Decaf, gooner7, mcquilkie, Rich, warrior and 413 guests

Post #489281  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:47 am 

“KSE's ambitions for the club are to see it competing consistently to win the PL and the CL, as well as the major trophies in the women's senior game and at youth level.” statement reads

Post #489282  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:47 am 

“KSE believes moving to private ownership will bring the benefits of a single owner better able to move quickly in furtherance of the Club's strategy and ambitions."

Post #489283  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:49 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxWfhJOP0E

Little treat for Kiwi Pete - we know he likes a conspiracy.

My favourite moment is right at the end: "we have an idiot on the programme".

Post #489284  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:54 am 

No my favourite moment is when Aaronovitch says "I'm here to testify your head was not cut off" and Andrew Neil says "well are you sure about that?"

Post #489285  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 am 

The funny thing is of course that he says infowars.com a few times and I'm distributing this for him so who's the idiot here?

Post #489286  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:58 am 

Darren wrote:
We’re going to be the cash cow that funds his American sports teams. We’re *%^@**. RIP Arsenal.

Let's be honest, it's been gone for a while now.

Post #489287  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:03 am 

Stan Kroenke agrees £600m deal to take full control of Arsenal and end feud

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/stan-kroenke-agrees-600m-deal-to-take-full-control-of-arsenal-and-end-feud-lhgbzpw6n

Post #489288  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:14 am 

Football was *%^@** the day we thought it was more important to laugh at United over the Glazers than to see what was coming. I'm genuinely sorry that Bernard will have his shares now compulsorily expropriated by this weirdo vampire - you can invest your profit in some fine wine at least, B.

*%^@ 'em all though - the battery chicken farmers, the sheikhs, the oligarchs, all the global robber barons who treat a football club like a yacht.

*%^@ them all.

Post #489289  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:19 am 

Biggest winners will be Everton

Post #489290  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:26 am 

...although I suppose you could construct an argument that says if KSE have had a long term plan to own the totality of the club, mediocrity would suit their purposes as a means of driving down the value. £1.8 billion? Imagine what the Club would be worth if we were successful. Could this be the start of something big?

I think I know the answer.

Post #489291  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
socrates wrote:
If we loan Chambers to Fulham and buy this Vida guy (a very average defender by the way) then we will have spent £35m+ on two ageing, mediocre defenders.

What about Mina at Barca?

Bit concerned that Sven's diamond eyes do not extend to defensive players.

On the other hand - Mina didn't impress at Barcelona where he became seen as a defensive liability. Chambers has had some good games but hasn't looked top class in my view, nothing more than a squaddie at best. And Vida looked a decent player at the World Cup, although that's all I've seen of him. And he'd bring a bit of much-needed nastiness to the squad (I'm sure Daz would agree).

Hi Brom,

I seem to recall one of the WC games where I thought Vida looked really awful. I think it may have been the first half against England where balls were being played in behind him and he couldn't cope with Sterling's pace.

By the same token Mina looked a monster against England, winning everything in the air.

In truth, WCs are not great places to judge players but Vida's relatively moderate career so far does not suggest he's a diamond in the rough. At least Mina has age on his side.

I hope I am wrong big time but the likes of Sokratis and Vida do not looks like the kind of topclass defensive signings we need to move us up a level.

Post #489292  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:40 am 

"Arsenal update: CEO Ivan Gazidis has to give Arsenal 1 year’s notice to leave the club. Current salary: £1,767,500 plus bonuses & benefits, including £20,000 company car allowance".

I wonder if he's been told Josh Kroenke is going to be taking over the CEO role.

Post #489293  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:44 am 

socrates wrote:
I hope I am wrong big time but the likes of Sokratis and Vida do not looks like the kind of topclass defensive signings we need to move us up a level.

Hi Soc

I would agree with you here. Neither are exactly Sol Campbell, are they.

Post #489294  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 am 

socrates wrote:
"Arsenal update: CEO Ivan Gazidis has to give Arsenal 1 year’s notice to leave the club. Current salary: £1,767,500 plus bonuses & benefits, including £20,000 company car allowance".

I wonder if he's been told Josh Kroenke is going to be taking over the CEO role.

I thought others had said his contract expires in September so I am struggling to understand how he would have to give such notice. Maybe he had signed an extension.

In relation to the takeover - it is a total disaster but of course there can be no excuse for Kroenke to inject vast amounts of money as a gift.

I expect until people start ripping their seats out & throwing them on the field the downhill spiral will continue.

I have real concerns about our defensive capacity this season. In the PSG Chelsea and a bit of Lazio game we gave up a lot of very easy chances which were not converted. Will man City be so sloppy or even Chelsea next time. I was hoping to see some defensive solidarity by now but I think we look worse than last season.

Post #489295  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:25 am 

socrates wrote:

Surely if he resigned though he’s being asked to leave or being put on gardening leave ? He would be going to a competitor and keeping him for 12 months would create conflicts of interest all over the place.

Post #489296  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:08 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Apparently Perez is about to sign for West Ham for 3 million quid + a further potential 1m in bonuses. An absolutely nothing fee and the reason is that hes being sold so cheaply is because he is on a 90k a week contract and the board need him off the wage bill. It will have to go down as as financially the worst piece of transfer business conducted during Wengers tenure.

As said previously Wenger was a complete douchewaffle and it will take us years to repair the damage caused at the end of his tenure.

There has been a transfers team in place for many years. Wages and fees were not Awa to decide so stop blaming him for the Sun rising.

His was not an easy job as shown by Emery sticking with a lot of positions we all disliked. AW knew what he was doing 75% of the time unfortunately his tactics let him down though at times he did make some excellent decisions so can't we stop blaming him for everything.

Your talking rubbish as usual. Many years ?

Mislintat was appointed last year.

Wenger signed Perez, despite being decent barely played he looked ok but we have had to offload him on the cheap because Wenger ran his value down. Disastrous signing

Post #489297  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:28 pm 

A worrying vision of what a 100% Kroenke owned Arsenal will mean.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/100-kroenke-ownership-can-move-arsenal-to-los-angeles/

Post #489298  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:56 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
There has been a transfers team in place for many years. Wages and fees were not Aw's to decide so stop blaming him for the Sun rising.
His was not an easy job as shown by Emery sticking with a lot of positions we all disliked. AW knew what he was doing 75% of the time unfortunately his tactics let him down though at times he did make some excellent decisions so can't we stop blaming him for everything.
Feels like the continuing bleating about Arsene Wenger is really a case of preparing the excuses should old Dick not get off to the great start we hope for? Whether the new regime can please us remains to be seen, but it is stretching it mightily to characterise the club as being left in a bad state by the previous manager. A reasonable benchmark for the new management is a top four finish and one trophy within two years. That is less than Arsene achieved early days.

Post #489299  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:10 pm 

Attachment:
ollie pope.JPG
ollie pope.JPG [ 27 KB | Viewed 2316 times ]

Anyway, great to see The Pontiff selected for the next Test match. He is a really good young prospect. From Surrey...

Post #489300  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:15 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
A worrying vision of what a 100% Kroenke owned Arsenal will mean.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/100-kroenke-ownership-can-move-arsenal-to-los-angeles/

Kroenke FC. Just saying. Needs more assets to funnel to his pet project, LA Rams.

Post #489301  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:25 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
There has been a transfers team in place for many years. Wages and fees were not Aw's to decide so stop blaming him for the Sun rising.
Feels like the continuing bleating about Arsene Wenger is really a case of preparing the excuses should old Dick not get off to the great start we hope for? Whether the new regime can please us remains to be seen, but it is stretching it mightily to characterise the club as being left in a bad state by the previous manager.

Mate your living in cloud cuckoo land. He’s left us in a terrible state

That defence needs about 150 million quid spent on it to compete on any level. Our only 2 decent natural defenders are the wrong side of 33 and Emery is having to patch it up without spending big due to the bloated wage bill he inherited from that cum guzzler Wenger.

Post #489302  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:41 pm 

Good article on the Kroenke thing

http://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2018 ... -gives-in/

Post #489303  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:41 pm 

TG I bow to your superior knowledge of all things football. You know better than Wenger, better than Emery and better than all the football brains working at the Arsenal.

Why don't you stfu and let them get on with what they know rather than doing a Brexit type all doom and gloom scenario every time you post.

When Emery leaves why don't you apply for his job?

Post #489304  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:43 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TG I bow to your superior knowledge of all things football. You know better than Wenger, better than Emery and better than all the football brains working at the Arsenal.

Thanks mate. Means a lot.

Post #489305  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:31 pm 

This is a dark, dark day in the history of Arsenal FC.

I see no future other than mediocrity under the Kroenke regime, I'm afraid any last vestige of hope is lost, I am done with the club until the day he sells up, which will probably be never.

R.I.P.

Post #489306  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:55 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Mate your living in cloud cuckoo land. He’s left us in a terrible state. That defence needs about 150 million quid spent on it to compete on any level. Our only 2 decent natural defenders are the wrong side of 33 and Emery is having to patch it up without spending big due to the bloated wage bill he inherited from that cum guzzler Wenger.
So, Dick will be Manager of the Season if he keeps us in the Premier League? You are awful...

Attachment:

Post #489307  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:57 pm 

I do wonder what it actually means for the club in reality.

I guess the best case scenario is that Kroenke simply takes something like 5-10 million quid out of the clubs revenue per annum to cover the loan from Deutsche Bank. This will hit our transfer budget and wouldn’t be visible to us anymore due to no AGM and annual report. It’s incredible to think this is the best thing that could happen.

Worst case would be if he tried something like the FA with Wembley selling off our stadium and renting it back from somebody else. If that ever happened I would be totally done and finished with everything about Arsenal.

Post #489308  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:04 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
This is a dark, dark day in the history of Arsenal FC...
Not as bad as the days when we let David Herd and Frank Stapleton sign for United...

Post #489309  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:06 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I guess the best case scenario is that Kroenke simply takes something like 5-10 million quid out of the clubs revenue per annum to cover the loan from Deutsche Bank. This will hit our transfer budget and wouldn’t be visible to us anymore due to no AGM and annual report. It’s incredible to think this is the best thing that could happen.

Worst case would be if he tried something like the FA with Wembley selling off our stadium and renting it back from somebody else. If that ever happened I would be totally done and finished with everything about Arsenal.
Be interesting to hear from Dein and Lady Nina right now?

Post #489310  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:15 pm 

I don't suppose anybody out there has a spare season ticket they want to let me use occasionally or buy.

I probably won't be able to make the midweek evening games but am willing to take them on and if it suits you you can have first dibs on them.

Come on chaps here's your chance to recover some of your costs if you have more than one season ticket.

Post #489311  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:29 pm 

Darren wrote:
We’re going to be the cash cow that funds his American sports teams. We’re *%^@**. RIP Arsenal.

I doubt that, simply because our earning potential and global reach are so much greater than any of those. Also it would be a massive departure from form.

Not that I'm not deeply uneasy about today's development and still furious at our ex custodians and their complete disregard for fans in most of their decisions.

Post #489312  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:33 pm 

Daz wrote:
No my favourite moment is when Aaronovitch says "I'm here to testify your head was not cut off" and Andrew Neil says "well are you sure about that?"

:53big-emoticons:

Post #489313  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:34 pm 

"Call me old-fashioned but we don't need Kroenke's money and we don't want his sort. Our objective is to keep Arsenal English, albeit with a lot of foreign players. I don't know for certain if Kroenke will mount a hostile takeover for our club but we shall resist it with all our might.

"We are all being seduced that the Americans will ride into town with pots of cash for new players. It simply isn't the case. They only see an opportunity to make money. They know absolutely nothing about our football and we don't want these types involved."

Peter Hill-Wood 2007

Post #489314  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Nina tweeted two hours ago.
'It is truly a sad day for Arsenal Football Club'.

Post #489315  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:00 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Did you read the responses to her tweet! She was absolutely savaged for being the hypocritical sloshpot she is.

Post #489316  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:16 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Did you read the responses to her tweet! She was absolutely savaged for being the hypocritical sloshpot she is.

No, fair to say it didn’t go down well! Did she sell to Kroenke or Usmanov? Can’t remember.

Post #489317  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:28 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
No, fair to say it didn’t go down well! Did she sell to Kroenke or Usmanov? Can’t remember.

She sold to Kroenke, along with Fiszman.

Post #489318  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Darren wrote:

I doubt that, simply because our earning potential and global reach are so much greater than any of those.

Doesn't "our earning potential and global reach" support Darren's view?

Post #489319  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:42 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

It would be insane for him to sell the ground. He's not cash poor, and the real estate value alone is increasing at a rate that far outstrips most investments. This isn't some out of town half-empty bowl in the midlands - this is prime property quite near the centre of one of the most valuable cities in the world property wise. I mean he could sell it, but he'd have to be a moron.

Post #489320  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:46 pm 

Bernard wrote:
lomekian wrote:
I doubt that, simply because our earning potential and global reach are so much greater than any of those.

Doesn't "our earning potential and global reach" support Darren's view?

It depends - If he and his family see Arsenal purely as an investment and have no interest in the sporting element, it would. But to spend the money he did at the time he did would be an incredibly round about way of doing things. But then even if his interest is purely financial, he would surely recognise how much more earning potential the club would have had ditching Wenger 2 years ago and with a little more squad investment.

[ 572031 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12230, 12231, 12232, 12233, 12234, 12235, 12236 ... 14301  Next