Fixtures Sunday May 19th - Everton - Emirates Stadium - 4:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 68 guests

Post #390801  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:46 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
john1 wrote:

My flight back from Tenerife meant I didn't know the score until we landed - what a great feeling that was.

Have a good time John ? I was in Las America’s few months back. it was like Britain had transported all its societal problems to a volcanic island :laughing7:

Sure the other parts of the island must be great though.

Yes a cracking time thanks. No not las Americas - we were in los Gigantes, all inclusive (but not a mad one) and adults only. Not a lot goinig on outside the hotel we could see, but the hotel itself (Barcelo Santiago) we liked very much.

Post #390802  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 11:43 am 

We'll likely end the season with 28 wins. Amazing. Simply amazing. The scary thing is we can be better. We have a need for up to 3 positions (LB, number 6 and 9) most would agree on. I would suggest a number 6 is a priority to take us to the next level. Then a number 3 but Timber can play there and suspect Arteta will play him there so he can cut in on his stronger foot. Number 9 is a position we can wait on. Could we use one? Sure. But we have been scoring from all angles. I think freeing up Rice to get into the 18 yard box area a bit more and shoot from there or even runs into the box, we'll create so much havoc in the opposition 3rd, it may make a number 9 moot. A number 9 like Isaak or Toney will come in handy when we are playing balls long over the middle. And a tall one is an added threat for corners but we have won 27 games, going on probably 28 games without one.

Post #390803  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:02 pm 

With all the post mortem about the match, any word on Saka? We don't need him for Everton. Jesus is more than capable. But I hope Saka's injury isn't long term.

Post #390804  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:12 pm 

Pre City, it was pretty much a certain if you go 28-5-5 you win the league. Usually at a distance. Oh well

Post #390805  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

haha, picky picky Kiwi
:1laughter:

Just getting you up to speed G7 ...we play in the Premiership , the Championship is a division below .

Don't want you wandering around Heathrow like a headless chicken chanting " I going to Championship game " and they shove you in a cab bound for Millwall . :laughing7:

Anyway ....... my advice would be to really focus on everything . get a photo beside Henry Bergkamp and Adams really savour the moment ,
try and slow time down so to speak ... otherwise the whole ocassion might have a tendency to fly passed in a blur .

Will do so, thanks

Post #390806  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:55 pm 

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
Just getting you up to speed G7 ...we play in the Premiership , the Championship is a division below .

Don't want you wandering around Heathrow like a headless chicken chanting " I going to Championship game " and they shove you in a cab bound for Millwall . :laughing7:

Anyway ....... my advice would be to really focus on everything . get a photo beside Henry Bergkamp and Adams really savour the moment ,
try and slow time down so to speak ... otherwise the whole ocassion might have a tendency to fly passed in a blur .

Also, avoid drinking copious amounts of beer beforehand, or the abiding memory will of your bladder and queuing for the toilet.

Fortunately or unfortunately, both me and missus are tee totalers. Boring folks we are :42laughter:

Post #390807  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Also, avoid drinking copious amounts of beer beforehand, or the abiding memory will of your bladder and queuing for the toilet.

Was going to say same thing. Time will also fly on the grog and it will all be over.

Have a great time G7. :58big-emoticons:

Thanks mate

Post #390808  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:08 pm 

john1 wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
Phew!
That was a very tough win.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be watching a Championship match at the Emirates next week!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time G7, but please, no half and half scarves. :58big-emoticons:

Thanks mate

Post #390809  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:43 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Fortunately or unfortunately, both me and missus are tee totalers. Boring folks we are :42laughter:

Not at all. Very sensible life choice!
Excessive drinking will turn you into a pedant, if Kiwi is anything to go by. :laughing7: :laughing7:
:laughing7:

Post #390810  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:04 pm 

Ha, Martinez has just chucked one in after 1 minute!!! Liverpool 1-0 Villa! Might be a cracking game from here

Post #390811  Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:09 pm 

Ash wrote:
Ha, Martinez has just chucked one in after 1 minute!!! Liverpool 1-0 Villa! Might be a cracking game from here

A reminder that any top gk can have an absolute howler like this. Gk at the bigger clubs will have their errors amplified in the media. But things like playing out from the back and claiming crosses are brushed under the carpet as their positive consequence is not immediately apparent to an armchair fan who pretty much works in goals, assists and errors as the primary metrics to judge every player on

[ 390811 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9767, 9768, 9769, 9770, 9771