Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 73 guests

Post #361  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:52 pm 

Mee wrote:
try again

I'm thinking there is an error with that file ?

Post #362  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:53 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Chippys Chisler wrote:
I have found that too, even in a country as small as Ireland you find more articulate

In the most Southern parts of Ireland, Cork and Kerry, the accents are almost inpenetrable but that is to do with the inbreeding rather than any geographical phenomenon.

I had a camping holiday in Kerry - very similar to the wilder parts of this peninsula

Post #363  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:57 pm 

It seems all is not well in Manchester after all...

Post #364  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:00 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
In the most Southern parts of Ireland, Cork and Kerry, the accents are almost inpenetrable but that is to do with the inbreeding rather than any geographical phenomenon.

Always wanted to visit Ireland, but I'll take it I should stay away from those parts then?

Post #365  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:01 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Looks like most posters have moved over from the old forum, hope someone tells the flouncers so they can eventually find their way back.

Yes - This is quite the test run ..

I 'spose if this one blows up, (or I do something to ruin it accidentally) the other one is still working away happily.

I still have some things to do in the background before that happens. I will recreate a new forum off line and build the CSS on it so the forum won't have skin adjustments done 'live' to it.

This will delay the IE fix but might be safer. The Style Sheet is tricky at best (and for some reason much harder than the old forum.) and, oh yeah, I hate style sheets. I edit them all in a text editor and manually type in all the Html myself for them.

Post #366  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:05 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Warrior, I should explain that I get that error when trying to post, sometimes the post works, sometimes I get that error.......

Yes - The PhpBB people know that one - I mentioned that on one of the first few pages and added it to the Faq section Here. Just ignore it - the post still posts fine and the next page after 5 seconds is always ok..

Post #367  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:12 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
No Hazuki, some of the most beautiful and hospitable parts of Europe down there. Stay away from Limerick City but the whole West Coast is beautiful.

If you make it to Dublin give me a shout and I will bring you to my local pub which has the Highbury Jumbotron and a few other bits and pieces.

If all Dubliners talk like Cecelia Ahern, I'll be sure to pay a visit!

Post #368  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:12 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Is there a smilie for 'nodding sagely in agreement and full understanding'?

No - I didn't think there would ever be a need for smilies representing "Agreement" or "full understanding' on here .. :icon_wink1:

Post #369  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 pm 

hello people. its deserted on the old forum

Post #370  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:22 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Warrior, in the old forum, you could see who was writing a post as they were in italics, is this the same here, haven't noticed it yet?
Yes, that feature was very specific and unique to the previous forum (I didn't add that bit) - I have not seen any other forums that do it (Except the same type as the last one) - I have however seen a mod(ification) which might do the trick for this one but I might wait a while to add more hacks to it, There are nearly 3000 requests for mods from people for the developers for this board and only about 20 or so completed. I also need to see if any errors surface before changing the base software any further (Eg: The php error, IE font size, etc). It is a brand new version of software but is *really* well supported and updateable which is why it was chosen. So, if something is possible and worth doing, then I'll add it.

Post #371  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:27 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
david.d wrote:
hello people. its deserted on the old forum

Evening David, how are you doing? Yes it seems thst the old forum has had its day.

hey chips good mate
watched our new channel yet today
theres a guy who is going to be presenting a programme called arsenal today where he will be watching matches interviewing players and attending training. he's a gooner but he must be getting paid as well.
what a lucky git. dream job or what. im so jealous

Post #372  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:29 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Cant guarantee that Haz, but she lives in the houses behind me here and is often in the local pub. She is usually in one of the local restaurants on Sunday evenings for dinner with her Dad. I met her at a function once and she is a lovely woman both physically and personalitywise.

Good enough, Chippy, good enough!

Post #373  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:43 pm 

Sadly, as it is now, no Swedish TV channel will show Arsenal TV. Viasat owns the right to broadcast Chelsea TV and MUTV in Sweden, and work is in progress to convince them that there is enough interest in Arsenal TV as well. I doubt it will happen though. Would be cool to be able to watch some reserve games from time to time.

Post #374  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:48 pm 

testing......

Post #375  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:48 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
Would it be any different if, say, a mediocre Swede was playing for us?

Probably. Sadly, there are no mediocre Swedes - they're all crap.

Except for Sebastian Larsson, he is quality.

Post #376  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:50 pm 

]

Is it free or do you have to subscribe Gaz?[/quote][/quote]
have to subscribe to setanta chips
wierd you say that . i have a chipped ntl box i used to use where i subsribed to the basic package and the box gave me all the premium channels. was bloody brilliant
might have to find it. sky are rip offs but aluxury u cant do without

Post #377  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 pm 

hi warrior im getting confused with the reply part of the forum . when you reply to a poster does the trail of the previous quotes get included as well.
i tried to post but it said only 3 quotes can be embedded in your quote????how do you know what quote you are replying to

Post #378  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:56 pm 

15 hours straight on this one today - nearly 9 am now so I might disappear for a little while - back later :sad5:

Post #379  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:59 pm 

also warrior is there a way of going straight back to the forum once you hav posted without having to click on the last page of the link to take you back to the forum. on the old one once you had posted it took you stright back o the forum.

you have done a FANTASTIC JOB in creating this. will take time to get used to but you are a credit to this forum mate

Post #380  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:04 pm 

Gaz ( B/Wood ) wrote:
Is it free or do you have to subscribe Gaz?

Evening mate. It comes as part of our Setanta package-but of course its a tenner a month to subscibe to that. I'm currently watching a question time stle programme with questions being answered by Ray Parlour, Martin Keown, Matt Lucas, and a french guy, wenger I think his name was!

:11adore-boo: :11adore-boo: :11adore-boo:[/quote]
hey gaz
did you sss that mitchell guy who will be presenting arsenal today/. what a lucky lucky bloke. dream job or what. to get paid for interviwing players watching matches and training!!!

Post #381  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:20 pm 

Gaz ( B/Wood ) wrote:
I love this new forum but the only thing I cant get used to is when replying to one post (as I was just trying to do) it brings up three other replies linked to it. I think this may be one of the mods Warrior's going on about as if it went back to how it is on the present/old version this site would be brilliant.

You can edit this manually when you're replying to a post, but it takes a little more work! I myself prefer to only include the post I'm replying to, so I delete all the others manually. It's easy to get lost in all the text, but it should look like this:

[quote ="Nickname of poster whose post you're replying to"] Post you're replying to. [ /quote]

Post #382  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:26 pm 

i see john terry writing us off today. lets ram the words down his ****ing throat and win the league!!!!

Post #383  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:34 pm 

warrior
how can i set it up to go to last post read everytime i log in?

Post #384  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:55 pm 

Rog, I mentioned earlier that the fonts were larger than on the previous forum. Just for your info, I'm using the Safari browser on a mac, as you were implying it's an IE7 issue.

Post #385  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:56 pm 

The more players write us off the more it emboldens our squad to prove them wrong. A bunker mentality based on 'no one likes us and wants us to win' is a good way to galvanize the squad.

I want to echo the fantastic job warrior has done as well as LTG, NJM and others. Its largely a thankless job.

Need some help though, how can I get Arsenal not to overlook weaker sides? :icon_cheesygrin: Can the admin sort that out?

Post #386  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:56 pm 

david.d wrote:
warrior
how can i set it up to go to last post read everytime i log in?

Hi David.

I don't think there is a way to do that just yet, but on an earlier page harlow steve suggested a temporary solution, which requires a bit more work:

harlow steve wrote:
I think for the moment, if you save it [this web page] to favourites each time before logging out, when logging back in you'll go to your last post...

Just checked it works... All you have to do each time is OK the over-write when asked that you already have it stored.

Post #387  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:13 pm 

Warrior suggested that I post this on the new forum as the old one is a bit deserted at the moment. As I was saying there, I have some trouble believing that not one of you is interested or has a mate who would be interested in going to the second leg of the Spurs CC semi (face value in the away section!). Come on Cannon and Choc, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Post #388  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
I don't think there is a way to do that just yet, but on an earlier page harlow steve suggested a temporary solution, which requires a bit more work:

When I tried what Harlow suggested it didn't work. Quite a few of us have mentioned the loss of this 'last post you read' facility. I hope there's a way of getting it back because it's quite a serious loss in my view.

Post #389  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:57 pm 

This unofficial club policy business is frustrating. I understand but it is frustrating. Keown left and came back but that was pre Wenger and this policy is his, not the clubs. Look how many former players who left are back in some sort of capacity for the club? Charlie George, Liam Brady.

Post #390  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:00 am 

Xav T wrote:
I have some trouble believing that not one of you is interested or has a mate who would be interested in going to the second leg of the Spurs CC semi (face value in the away section!).

I guess many of us have already got one mate. I have, and so have the freinds I've checked with for you.

Post #391  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:02 am 

Bernard wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

When I tried what Harlow suggested it didn't work. Quite a few of us have mentioned the loss of this 'last post you read' facility. I hope there's a way of getting it back because it's quite a serious loss in my view.

I agree Bernard, I think this is the single most important feature, particularly if you haven’t posted for a few hours and are looking for a response to an earlier question you may have posted.

Post #392  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:02 am 

Nightmare situtation. Flamini goes and so does Diarra as well as Silva. Or worse yet, Silva stays..hehehe...anyway, assuming that all 3 go, it leaves Denilson and Diaby and if Diaby goes then it really gets shaky. I like Denilson but we'll have to go shopping for center mids again or blood a youth player. Not sure if there is anyone up to it. Although Djourou did look comfortable in the positin last season and there is Song as well.

Post #393  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:03 am 

John wrote:
Must be doing something wrong Bernard, it's worked for me. Again before logging off just save the current page to favourites and use that page to log back in tomorrow. You'll start up where you left off.

I'll try it again by going out now. Hopefully it'll work this time.

Post #394  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:19 am 

Bernard wrote:
I'll try it again by going out now. Hopefully it'll work this time.

It didn't. There are lots of positive features for the new forum, but I think there are two quite important negative ones. Firstly, the loss of being able to return to the last post you read. Secondly, having to continually re-post messages you've written to get it through if someone else has posted in the meantime, meaning as you were writing it. The third negative feature isn't that important, but it was nice on the last one when people writing a message were shown in italics.

Let me emphasise this isn't a criticism, but I think the forum would be enhanced if these changes could be rectified.

Post #395  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:20 am 

richie wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
This unofficial club policy business is frustrating. I understand but it is frustrating. Keown left and came back but that was pre Wenger and this policy is his, not the clubs. Look how many former players who left are back in some sort of capacity for the club? Charlie George, Liam Brady.

Eh?

Policy of not hiring back players who left. Sorry.

Post #396  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:25 am 

Rooney Stripped Of Arsenal Goal

The mysterious members that make up the Dubious Goal’s Committee have ruled against striker Wayne Rooney in ruling the first Manchester United goal’s scored against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium earlier in the season as a William Gallas own-goal.

A memo circulated last Friday from the panel revealed that the 44th minute goal would be chalked down as an own-goal for the Arsenal captain rather than to Rooney whose sliding shot at the far-post rebounded off Gallas and into the net.

The ruling leaves Rooney’s on nine goals for the 2007/08 season and means he is on 68 goals for the club.

Lumtingi Virk, Goal.com

Post #397  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:31 am 

John wrote:
I know we're all very grateful for the amount of time and effort they put into this.

Indeed.

Post #398  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:57 am 

Wenger has said he won't sign an active player who voluntarily leaves the club, like Anelka. You can come back if you've retired in some non playing role. My point is that there is not much difference in allowing someone back who left the club voluntarily and only hiring them back if they have since retired as opposed to still being an active player.

Post #399  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:38 am 

When I got into football, I was amazed at how well the host countries did. I have a question though, how much do you attribute the success of a lot of the home sides to being the host country mostly and playing out of their skins, much better than they actually are or were they good sides who had the added bonus of playing in front of their own people?

How would Sweden have done if they played somewhere else in '58? Were they a good side? Also, if England wasn't hosting the WC in '66, how well would they have done anyway?

Certainly S. Korea getting as far as they did was down to playing at home I imagine.

Post #400  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:49 am 

Is anyone willing to pay this?

Tottenham Hotspur are willing to accept in the region of £12.5 million for Darren Bent, who has been made available for transfer. Bent has scored three goals in 14 appearances, half made from the substitutes’ bench, since he moved for an initial £15.5 million from Charlton Athletic in the summer. West Ham United are interested in Bent, but are not willing to pay the fee.

[ 390317 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 9758  Next