Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: AmericanGooner, Bing [Bot], warrior and 410 guests

Post #504441  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:23 pm 

Saw their pen again and have to agree it wasn't a penalty. Zaha's standing leg isn't touched, his right leg doesn't touch Chambers and he clearly dives. Ref was right VAR was wrong.

Chambers did nothing to merit being penalised for the winning goal if anything he should have had a pen for the shove on him. VAR ref should be punished for his error and Atkinson also for not looking at it on the screen if not why did he pull out the card?

They are wrecking the game not making it better but wtf do we expect when Riley is their leader........

Post #504442  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:33 pm 

richie wrote:
VAR in principle is a good thing but it's not being used correctly. If the on field ref is any doubt about a goal, foul etc then seek a second opinion or use the pitch side monitor. If the ref is happy with his initial decision then that should be final. It's a shambles at the moment. Fans have no idea why goals are being chalked off. Players celebrating goals will be a thing of the past as they won't know if it's a legitimate goal or not. It's farcical.

That won’t stop bad decisions though. Referees can be certain they were right even when they were wrong. I accept goal line technology isn’t part of VAR. I mentioned it because it works on the same principle as Hawkeye in cricket or tennis, which does work.

If a penalty for handball now has nothing to do with whether it was deliberate, that should make things straightforward and, in terms of the current rules of the game, easier to get right. What’s more debatable is whether the current rules are right. Is it fair to give a penalty when a defending player genuinely had no intention of handling the ball? For example when an attacker blasts the ball straight at his hand from a short distance.

Post #504443  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:39 pm 

richie wrote:
I don't think VAR has anything to do with the ball crossing the line or not. That's goal line technology which has been around a couple of years now.

Re handball, it's a penalty regardless if it's accidental or not. That's new for this season onwards.

VAR in principle is a good thing but it's not being used correctly. If the on field ref is any doubt about a goal, foul etc then seek a second opinion or use the pitch side monitor. If the ref is happy with his initial decision then that should be final. It's a shambles at the moment. Fans have no idea why goals are being chalked off. Players celebrating goals will be a thing of the past as they won't know if it's a legitimate goal or not. It's farcical.

VAR works fine. There'll be some teething problems but we need technology to make sure we get the right decisions.

Post #504444  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:46 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
richie wrote:
I don't think VAR has anything to do with the ball crossing the line or not. That's goal line technology which has been around a couple of years now.

Re handball, it's a penalty regardless if it's accidental or not. That's new for this season onwards.

VAR works fine. There'll be some teething problems but we need technology to make sure we get the right decisions.

It certainly doesn't. It's application is hugely inconsistent. I have no issue with their penalty yesterday but the disallowed goal was a farce. So are the endless replays attempting to discern if a player is a milimeter offside or if the ball has made the most minor contact with a player or not. And then you get incidents which are inexplicably ignored. Wolves should have had a nailed on penalty against Newcastle yesterday. VAR is bloody awful right now.

Post #504445  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:49 pm 

Bernard wrote:
If a penalty for handball now has nothing to do with whether it was deliberate, that should make things straightforward...
True, but also very unfair on defenders? If a penalty can be given for non-deliberate handball (are we sure about this?) then all forwards will be developing the skill of passing a ball onto an opponents arm. I remember Henry doing it a few times and getting us a pen. In a crowded box it may even be an easier option than finding your own man. Defenders will presumably have to learn how to remain balanced and mobile with arms behind their backs. That really isn't easy. Mertesacker must be well pleased he has retired...

Post #504446  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:49 pm 

Bernard wrote:
richie wrote:

That won’t stop bad decisions though. Referees can be certain they were right even when they were wrong. I accept goal line technology isn’t part of VAR. I mentioned it because it works on the same principle as Hawkeye in cricket or tennis, which does work.

If a penalty for handball now has nothing to do with whether it was deliberate, that should make things straightforward and, in terms of the current rules of the game, easier to get right. What’s more debatable is whether the current rules are right. Is it fair to give a penalty when a defending player genuinely had no intention of handling the ball? For example when an attacker blasts the ball straight at his hand from a short distance.

I don't think that is the rule. We have had refs talk to us about the handball rule before schoolbous matches this season. If a player is running along in a normal fashion and the ball is whacked off his hand, it is not a foul, for example.

Post #504447  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:50 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:
Exactly the point I’ve made on here countless times when it comes to refs costing us games that we played poorly in. No matter how well or badly you play you deserve the correct ref calls, I hate the idea of ‘we shouldn’t have needed a ref decision to beat X team’ sometimes you will beat a team by only 1 goal and you don’t expect a ref to chalk off that perfectly good goal. 2 points stolen no doubt.
Add it to the pen not given at sheff Utd as well, changes the course of the game if that is given

I thought the match day ref didn’t give the penalty and even booked Zaha for diving (rescinded when VAR gave the penalty as a yellow card didn’t appear next to his name on the ground’s scoreboard). The match day ref wasn’t to blame for VAR giving the penalty. Similarly, the match day ref allowed Sokratis late goal. It was again VAR that subsequently disallowed it.

I suspect people were hoping VAR would work like Hawkeye in cricket or tennis. Sadly that was probably naive. Where it does work in football is establishing whether the ball crossed the line fully for a goal, which uses a similar principle to whether the ball was hitting the stumps etc in cricket or whether a shot landed in or out in tennis.

But what is or isn’t a foul in the penalty area in football is far more down to personal interpretation and opinion. This is because penalties should be given for a foul in the box. The easy bit is whether the incident was in the box. The harder bit is defining if it was a foul or merely contact, because football is a contact sport and not all contact is a foul. The match day ref decided Zaha dived, which Rich said an experienced former ref Clattenberg agreed with after seeing it on video. The VAR ref, who is presumably an experienced current ref, felt it was a foul as I noticed various people did on here last night. Do you see what I mean? It’s down to individual interpretations and opinions. It isn’t an undeniable decision either way.

Penalty decisions for hand ball will be easier to get right if a penalty has to be given when a defending player touches the ball in the area. What makes such decisions more controversial is whether the hand ball was deliberate or accidental comes into the equation. I’m not up on the current rules enough to know which is the case these days.
An Australian ref who has never reffed a prem game and only a couple of ChampionshIp games, that was the var guy.

Post #504448  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:52 pm 

dec wrote:
I don't think that is the rule. We have had refs talk to us about the handball rule before schoolbous matches this season. If a player is running along in a normal fashion and the ball is whacked off his hand, it is not a foul, for example.
Yes that seems how it should be.

Post #504449  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:42 pm 

Tough weekend. Draw when we should have won and Tottenham does what Keane says about them. 'You can always count on Tottenham to let you down'.

Re-group and lets keep trying. I don't see us beating Liverpool in the league cup even with a weakened LFC side but one never knows. It's why we play the game. I definitely feel Liverpool could win all the domestic trophies fairly comfortably if they avoid major injuries.

Anyway, I've been doing some scouting...lol..and watching the FIFA youth tournament that's been going on. I recall I spotted Messi and Obi Mikel years ago and said I may be criticized for it but Messi was 'Maradonna-esque'. After that tournament Barcalona put him on a much improved contract and locked him up. I assume there was a huge interest in him after that.

Post #504450  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:16 pm 

Get rid of Riley and put a decent ref in charge of the referees and things will improve immediately.

Reintroduce some of the retired refs who were much muuch better than the current bunch and the problem will no longer be there.

Stop changing things during the season it doesn't help. Make the rules last all season god or bad, this changing the way they are interpreted could only have been Riley's fault.

Post #504451  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:50 pm 

goonerguru wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I thought the match day ref didn’t give the penalty and even booked Zaha for diving (rescinded when VAR gave the penalty as a yellow card didn’t appear next to his name on the ground’s scoreboard). The match day ref wasn’t to blame for VAR giving the penalty. Similarly, the match day ref allowed Sokratis late goal. It was again VAR that subsequently disallowed it.

I suspect people were hoping VAR would work like Hawkeye in cricket or tennis. Sadly that was probably naive. Where it does work in football is establishing whether the ball crossed the line fully for a goal, which uses a similar principle to whether the ball was hitting the stumps etc in cricket or whether a shot landed in or out in tennis.

But what is or isn’t a foul in the penalty area in football is far more down to personal interpretation and opinion. This is because penalties should be given for a foul in the box. The easy bit is whether the incident was in the box. The harder bit is defining if it was a foul or merely contact, because football is a contact sport and not all contact is a foul. The match day ref decided Zaha dived, which Rich said an experienced former ref Clattenberg agreed with after seeing it on video. The VAR ref, who is presumably an experienced current ref, felt it was a foul as I noticed various people did on here last night. Do you see what I mean? It’s down to individual interpretations and opinions. It isn’t an undeniable decision either way.

Penalty decisions for hand ball will be easier to get right if a penalty has to be given when a defending player touches the ball in the area. What makes such decisions more controversial is whether the hand ball was deliberate or accidental comes into the equation. I’m not up on the current rules enough to know which is the case these days.
An Australian ref who has never reffed a prem game and only a couple of ChampionshIp games, that was the var guy.

I don’t have a problem with the VAR ref not having reffed a prem game, as long as he’s qualified, has reffed at a decent level, and understands the rules he has time and replays to come to a correct decision. Experience is probably more important in terms of dealing with onfield reffing where you need to manage the occasion, a large crowd, bigger egos, greater pressure etc. Having said that it is strange that you wouldn’t have prem refs for prem games

Post #504452  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:57 pm 

My take on how var needs to be implanted to work properly. Everything they have said should be done is exactly right, it’s just that they’re not doing it as they’ve said they would. The only exception I’d make is for the pitch ref to review his own decisions on the pitch side monitor, and for the decisions to be fully explained to the match day fans.
Var is not meant to re-referee the game, and is not there to correct minor calls that have little bearing on he game, it looks at goals, penalties and red cards. All fine. Now crucially, the video ref only over rules the onfield ref for clear and obvious errors. This can be matters of fact like offside or a very clear foul missed by the ref. Where any decision requires lots of time, multiple angles and multiple replays there must be some doubt and it is too subjective to over rule therefore not clear and obvious, so you go with the on field call. In many ways like LBW in cricket

Post #504453  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 pm 

On the commentary I listened to yesterday they were fuming at Guendouzi’s rugby tackle on Zaha at the end. Saying it should be a straight red (which wouldn’t have been a massive surprise as it’s happened to us before) but their comments went way over the top, they actually said “kids will be watching this” “we may as well stop playing if that’s how professionals treat each other” and other such hyperbole statements. The odd thing with this is this was a rugby tackle where Zaha’s wellness was never ever put in harm, as opposed to the dangerous high, 2 footed or over aggressive tackles we’ve had to suffer.....when the reaction was normally greater sympathy for the tackler than the injured party.
One is as cynical as it gets and premeditated but causes no injury. The other is seen as part of the ‘mans’ game. It is similar to the diving argument, it’s seen as the worst thing a player can do by many. I don’t get it

Post #504454  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:29 pm 

Welbeck our for 3 months possibly more. When I thought we only had £40m to spend this summer I was in favour of him getting a new deal, pay as you play or similar, all on the basis that we needed defenders and him being with the squad was better than no one coming in. Given we signed Pépé and Martinelli it was the right decision to part ways, as it was with Wilshere.
Also worth noting that other regular injured players Ramsey and Ox have been injured at their new clubs as well. I don’t know how Ox will end up but so far his career with Liverpool is much like he had with us, 1-2 great games or great goals followed by inconsistency and long periods on the bench and longer periods on the treatment table. At the moment we definitely have the better end of that £35m deal - not that any Liverpool fan would admit it

Post #504455  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm 

You can add Jack Wilshere to that list of players as well. I feel sorry for Welbeck. It seems to be one setback after another. We were right to let him go however.

In fact, the players we have sold or released haven't been setting the world alight. Walcott and Iwobi at Everton, Sanchez, the Ox and Wilshere. It's early days for Ramsey but I guess he won't be a stranger to the treatment room.

Post #504456  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:56 pm 

Bernard wrote:

But what is or isn’t a foul in the penalty area in football is far more down to personal interpretation and opinion. .

It should solely be for case were the referree's mistake is so clear that it is not down to personal interpretation and opinion. Why not do it like rugby or cricket, where everyone in the stadium can see the footage the var adjudicator is watching?

Sure you are going to get cases where even watching the incident in slowmo from three angles isn't going to resolve the doubt ... In that case you go with the onfield call. The Var official must be 100% convinced that the onfield officials got it wrong. It should be for indefensible calls only. That was not the case for either incident last night. Similarly the Var official must make public exactly what the mistake was. I still have no idea what was wrong with Sok's goal.

Post #504457  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:59 pm 

Still no apology from Xhaka then.

We should loan the guy to spurs

Post #504458  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:22 pm 

VAR is a mess as even Stevie Wonder and the Blind Boys of Alabama can see, nevertheless despite what has been said by some on here we threw that 3 points away having gone 2 up in 9 minutes. Aubameyang has been having a little dip recently and it's showing clearly how his goals have carried the team. The midfield is a complete shitshow.

Post #504459  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 pm 

I've identified a few promising players from watching the FIFA under 17 tournament. Who can be kind enough to run my prelimintary, unsolicited but important scouting report to to Colney in a folder titled 'For Emery's Eyes Only"?

Post #504460  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:27 pm 

Watching Spain vs Argentina. I've seen more stepovers than navigating a dog park.

Post #504461  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:29 pm 

I wish there was some how we could have kept Ramsey.

Post #504462  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:02 pm 

Thinking about Guendouzi’s rise this season, often being the driving force and leader of the team, he’s 20, that is kudos for him for the level he’s achieving but he should be the icing on the team cake at that age, not having to be the glue that holds it all together.

Post #504463  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:02 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
VAR is a mess as even Stevie Wonder and the Blind Boys of Alabama can see, nevertheless despite what has been said by some on here we threw that 3 points away having gone 2 up in 9 minutes. Aubameyang has been having a little dip recently and it's showing clearly how his goals have carried the team. The midfield is a complete shitshow.

Indeed. VAR is a mess and the disallowed goal was a nonsense, but we should have coasted to victory after that start. The way we are playing now, we haven't a hope of finishing in the top 4.

Also, just on Aubameyang as you brought it up, he's one of the best strikers in Europe and easily our best player. But once Lacazette is back Aubameyang gets shunted out wide again. Another inspired move by Emery.

Post #504464  Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 pm 

dec wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Indeed. VAR is a mess and the disallowed goal was a nonsense, but we should have coasted to victory after that start. The way we are playing now, we haven't a hope of finishing on the top 4.

Also, just on Aubameyang as you brought it up, he's one of the best strikers in Europe and easily our best player. But once Lacazette is back Aubameyang gets shunted out wide again. Another inspired move by Emery.

Have you seen the Mourinho clip where he discusses the Arsenal front in relation to the Liverpool front 3. He basically says Aubameyang scores kids for Arsenal as a centre forward, but he also thinks he’d score loads in Liverpool’s system as a wide left player. Jose says the key is firminho who drops deeper, knots things together and allows salah and Mané to make out to in runs to end up in central attacking positions - that space out wide is taken by very attacking full backs. He says Lacazette is not the same type of player as Firminho but I feel like it could be worth a try. Of all our forwards Lacazette has shown the best work rate offending tackling back, he can play with his back to goal and can come deeper to look for the ball. Then with Aubameyang coming from the left on to his right foot and Pépé coming from the right on to his left foot you have something quite dangerous.
Jose also talks about playing a back 4 but building from the back with a 3, for example by pushing your right back very high and very wide which could mean Pépé coming in to the half spaces, closer to goal.
I don’t like Jose, or his style of management of tactics but he is interesting to listen to when he is talking tactics. Far more knowledgeable and interesting than half the ex footballer pundits anyway

Post #504465  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:19 am 

Apparently Torreira was really upset about the crowd’s treatment of Xhaka yesterday. Following the game it made me wonder how badly players such as Aubameyang and Tierney, who came from clubs like Dortmund and Celtic with a reputation for loyal and passionate support (I’d have said the same had Tierney joined from Rangers), would react to it. Might they lose respect for Arsenal fans? But Torreira, who we got from Sampdoria whose support does not have the same sort of reputation, never crossed my mind.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport. ... xhaka/amp/

Post #504466  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:36 am 

The positive I'm taking away from this is that that Josh gives a damn. Unlike his father.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-20741540
Josh Kroenke 'visits Unai Emery's office' after Raul Sanllehi speaks to Arsenal players

Post #504467  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 am 

Bernard wrote:
Apparently Torreira was really upset about the crowd’s treatment of Xhaka yesterday. Following the game it made me wonder how badly players such as Aubameyang and Tierney, who came from clubs like Dortmund and Celtic with a reputation for loyal and passionate support (I’d have said the same had Tierney joined from Rangers), would react to it. Might they lose respect for Arsenal fans? But Torreira, who we got from Sampdoria whose support does not have the same sort of reputation, never crossed my mind.

While I don't think fans booing Xhaka off is probably the best move, I honestly don't see what other alternative fans have to express their frustration when he keeps under performing and keeps getting selected by Emery anyway. Also he was ambling off at 2-2 when time wasting was not what was required and that was just more evidence of his lack of game awareness.

Post #504468  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:03 am 

richie wrote:
You can add Jack Wilshere to that list of players as well. I feel sorry for Welbeck. It seems to be one setback after another. We were right to let him go however.

In fact, the players we have sold or released haven't been setting the world alight. Walcott and Iwobi at Everton, Sanchez, the Ox and Wilshere. It's early days for Ramsey but I guess he won't be a stranger to the treatment room.

I still want to see what Ox or Wilshere could do with a bit of an injury free run. Walcott, Welbeck and Iwobi are performing as expected.

Post #504469  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:13 am 

grantyboy wrote:
Bernard wrote:

While I don't think fans booing Xhaka off is probably the best move, I honestly don't see what other alternative fans have to express their frustration when he keeps under performing and keeps getting selected by Emery anyway. Also he was ambling off at 2-2 when time wasting was not what was required and that was just more evidence of his lack of game awareness.

A respected team mate getting booed may well piss off other players. To be honest I was there and it made the fans look somewhat pathetic. On your ambling off point, he was probably shocked by it, as was I. How often do players run off anyway? It’s not something I’ve noticed.

I’m sorry but booing your own players is a negative thing, and I don’t consider it acceptable however bad you think they are. I didn’t boo Gus Caesar, arguably the worst player I’ve seen play for the club.

Post #504470  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:17 am 

Bernard wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

A respected team mate getting booed may well piss off other players. To be honest I was there and it made the fans look somewhat pathetic. On your ambling off point, he was probably shocked by it, as was I. How often do players run off anyway? It’s not something I’ve noticed.

I’m sorry but booing your own players is a negative thing, and I don’t consider it acceptable however bad you think they are. I didn’t boo Gus Caesar, arguably the worst player I’ve seen play for the club.

I didn't say it was right. What I can understand is the overwhelming frustration from fans who spend a packet to go every week and are constantly sold kid stories about how things are different, we're going to change, we're going to learn, etc. If the crowd had cheered his departure it could also have been interpreted negatively.

Post #504471  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:24 am 

Bernard wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

I would say it is pretty much standard practice for any team losing a game, or drawing a game they should be winning for the guy subbed to run/jog off so the game can get restarted asap. Put it this way, I bet the palace players took as long as possible to walk off when they were subbed.
On the booing, I don’t like booing players but I can understand it from our fans after years and years of under performance, being sold lies and the same mistakes being made over again. Xhaka has become a lightening rod for the general frustrations of the fans. I dare say there are plenty of players who have performed as badly as him or made plenty of mistakes leading to goals but not many of those are a permanent fixture in the team or the captain. Many of the boos would have been for Emery but it’s difficult to direct boos at a manager

Post #504472  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:46 am 

Since Xhaka joined the club no player in the entire league has made as many errors directly leading to goals. He has 41 yellow cards and 2 reds in 141 appearances. Seeing him dive in to that tackle on Son earlier this season shows once again that he will not learn. If I made such a huge mistake in my work I’d probably be supported the first time, maybe sent on some extra training, but if I kept making that exact same mistake time and time again I’d get sacked.
Xhaka’s ‘efforts’ to stop the cross for Palace’s 2nd goal was non existent. He is dribbled last more than any defensive mid I’ve ever seen in the prem, he’s frequently out of position and doesn’t sense danger. I think you could take holding mids from the championship who would protect our defence better

Post #504473  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:47 am 

Rich wrote:
Since Xhaka joined the club no player in the entire league has made as many errors directly leading to goals. He has 41 yellow cards and 2 reds in 141 appearances. Seeing him dive in to that tackle on Son earlier this season shows once again that he will not learn. If I made such a huge mistake in my work I’d probably be supported the first time, maybe sent on some extra training, but if I kept making that exact same mistake time and time again I’d get sacked.
Xhaka’s ‘efforts’ to stop the cross for Palace’s 2nd goal was non existent. He is dribbled last more than any defensive mid I’ve ever seen in the prem, he’s frequently out of position and doesn’t sense danger. I think you could take holding mids from the championship who would protect our defence better

People thought Arteta was too limited to play as a defensive midfielder. He’s like Pele next to Xhaka. The MOTD clip showing he was unable to move into space to receive possession I mean ffs. I think your right, there would be few teams in the premier league this guy would get into

Personally I think it’s simply bad football management that leads to a scenario like this. The manager should have identified he’s not good enough to start regularly and acted appropriately

Post #504474  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:08 am 

Bernard wrote:

Hi Bern.

I said on Sunday I disagreed with the booing but on your point about ambling off, I think any player subbed when a winning goal is needed and there is very little time left has to run or at least jog off so that no more precious time than is necessary is wasted before the game can be restarted.

Post #504475  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:10 am 

I hear that Emery is consulting the players to see what punishment they think Xhaka should receive.

I mean come on, Emery needs to show more balls and get his ship in order. It seems like the lunatics are running the asylum.

Post #504476  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:13 am 

I think the Xhaka situation may prove to be a defining moment in Emery's tenure. How he handles it, especially in light of how he has handled the Özil situation, is going to be very interesting. In terms of fan support Emery is running on empty and the decision to make Xhaka captain in the first place was silly in my opinion.

Post #504477  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:29 am 

socrates wrote:
I hear that Emery is consulting the players to see what punishment they think Xhaka should receive.

I mean come on, Emery needs to show more balls and get his ship in order. It seems like the lunatics are running the asylum.

That and the fact he let the players voyte on who's captain makes me question whether he has the cojones for the job.

Post #504478  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:38 am 

Özil being forced out. No sign of Aubameyang & Lacazette signing new deals. (Mark my words one of them is playing at Old Trafford next year if we keep this up) The club captain situation is a joke. Fans booing players. Players cant understand our manager. No fixed style of settled team. Defence still doggy. Torreira frozen out and low on confidence.

Post #504479  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:05 am 

The Times say Arsenal’s players want Xhaka to retain the captaincy even after the midfielder appeared to swear at home fans on Sunday. The squad voted for him to be given the armband in a ballot last month & believe that he should continue in the post.

Post #504480  Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 am 

Apparently both Lacazette and Aubameyang have liked an Instagram post which says “Emery Out”. It’s almost hilarious that’s it got to this point.

Also worth posting this again. A twitter thread from when the manager was appointed.

[ 572035 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12609, 12610, 12611, 12612, 12613, 12614, 12615 ... 14301  Next