Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf and 293 guests

Post #497761  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:16 am 

Zed wrote:
Emi Martinez has a trophy.

Plus he made a very important save late on. I am glad Messi won something for the national team.

Post #497762  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:52 am 

Andy Green wrote:
Feisty old game. Some battles with club team mates going on. The PSG crowd were at it De Maria for Argentina ,Neymar Marquinhos ThiagoSilva (ex I know)for Brazil
Maybe Gooner 7 you’re right that Neymar was gracious at the end but for such a talent (and I wish he played for AFC) he’s a right wind up merchant

You are right about him being a wind up merchant in the game.
He was targeted throughout the match though.
It was nice to see him being a gracious Captain after a highly emotional defeat.

Post #497763  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:53 am 

Zed wrote:

Next up, Saka gets his trophy :angel8:

Post #497764  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:12 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I am glad Messi won something for the national team.

Has Messi never won the Copa America before? I didn’t know that. Wish Brazil had won it as I can’t stand Messi. I know how wonderful a player he’s been. But I find him impossible to like. Assuming the next World Cup will be his last, I really hope Argentina don’t win it to stop him from getting a World Cup winner’s medal. There’s only one team I’d want Argentina to beat in a final.

Post #497765  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:34 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I am glad Messi won something for the national team.

Has Messi never won the Copa America before? I didn’t know that. Wish Brazil had won it as I can’t stand Messi. I know how wonderful a player he’s been. But I find him impossible to like. Assuming the next World Cup will be his last, I really hope Argentina don’t win it to stop him from getting a World Cup winner’s medal. There’s only one team I’d want Argentina to beat in a final.

They haven’t won this since the 1990’s I think. I know you have mentioned your dislike of him before. Each to their own although you should know by now that TG does not allow people to have views. You may need to contact him to find out what your views should be.

Post #497766  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:59 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
They haven’t won this since the 1990’s I think. I know you have mentioned your dislike of him before. Each to their own although you should know by now that TG does not allow people to have views. You may need to contact him to find out what your views should be.

You could be in a bit of trouble now.

Post #497767  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:21 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
So to avoid sounding nationalistic: great to see that Queenslander Ash Barty won the women’s Wimbledon title. Also great that in a world of over inflated egos she remains basically a nice person.

She comes across as a really nice person. Much easier to cheer her on (as I did) than say Krygios.

Post #497768  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:24 am 

david.d wrote:
Hi Warrior
Whenever I load the forum the posts come up so small.
Is there anything I can do to return to larger font.
Only seems to happen with this website so wondering if I have a wrong font setting for the forum.
Can you help??

If nooone else answered this. Click on 3 dots top right of window and change zoom level. Simples :58big-emoticons:

Post #497769  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:01 am 

david.d wrote:
Hi Warrior
Only seems to happen with this website so wondering if I have a wrong font setting for the forum.
Can you help??

Hi

If you're using Windows, you can sometimes press Ctrl 0 at the same time to reset it or just hold down the Control key and then move the mouse wheel back and forth to suit.

Post #497770  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:25 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
So to avoid sounding nationalistic: great to see that Queenslander Ash Barty won the women’s Wimbledon title. Also great that in a world of over inflated egos she remains basically a nice person.

She comes across as a really nice person. Much easier to cheer her on (as I did) than say Krygios.

Mentioning them in the same sentence is unkind. I understand she had a chat to Kate and William afterwards. She is very clear that many people helped her and she recognises that and it’s not all me me me.

Post #497771  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:27 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I am not worried. TG is at home getting his laser ready for the big game.

Post #497772  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:37 am 

Probably in a minority of one, but I think Andros Townsend has shown himself to be a decent pundit during the Euros. I also think Ally McCoist is good.

Just did a questionnaire asking me to name my three best and three worst pundits during the Euros from the same list of all those who have appeared in the role. Arsenal loyalty made me vote for Alex Scott, Ian Wright and Lee Dixon (in no order) as the three best. If I’d had a fourth vote it would have been Patrick Vieira, also due to Arsenal loyalty. But if I was voting honestly, my top three would be Scott, McCoist and Townsend.

My three worst were Rio Ferdinand, Emma Hayes and Ashley Cole. I know Cole and Hayes (the current Chelsea women’s team manager) have previously been at Arsenal but I genuinely think they’re both dreadful pundits.

Post #497773  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:44 am 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/11/i ... nce-today/

So much love for Martinez. And I'm also one of them.

Post #497774  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:49 am 

gooner7 wrote:
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/11/ill-never-forgive-arteta-some-arsenal-fans-react-to-20m-players-performance-today/

The thing is, that article includes the following paragraph.

“As it were, Martinez had a stunning first season at Villa Park and Leno had a bit of a mare under Arteta last term, it has to be said.”

Seriously, how the hell can Leno’s season be called “a bit of a mare”? If Saka and Tierney get the gold and silver medals (first and second place) for our player of the season, I think a decent argument can be made that Leno is a more than serious candidate for the bronze medal (third place). I’m sorry, but for me the paragraph I copied from it cost the article much of its credibility.

My own impression of the report was that is was trying to pretend Martinez is the best keeper of all time while Leno is the worst. However much I may have exaggerated with that personal observation (as clearly neither are even close to being the case), that slant in the piece just isn’t true. Villa conceded goals that Martinez should have kept out, and as the better shot stopper of the two (in my view), Leno kept out shots that I think Martinez would have struggled to.

Post #497775  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:26 am 

Bernard wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/11/ill-never-forgive-arteta-some-arsenal-fans-react-to-20m-players-performance-today/

The thing is, that article includes the following paragraph.

“As it were, Martinez had a stunning first season at Villa Park and Leno had a bit of a mare under Arteta last term, it has to be said.”

Seriously, how the hell can Leno’s season be called “a bit of a mare”? If Saka and Tierney get the gold and silver medals (first and second place) for our player of the season, I think a decent argument can be made that Leno is a more than serious candidate for the bronze medal (third place). I’m sorry, but for me the paragraph I copied from it cost the article much of its credibility.

My own impression of the report was that is was trying to pretend Martinez is the best keeper of all time while Leno is the worst. However much I may have exaggerated with that personal observation (as clearly neither are even close to being the case), that slant in the piece just isn’t true. Villa conceded goals that Martinez should have kept out, and as the better shot stopper of the two (in my view), Leno kept out shots that I think Martinez would have struggled to.

Arsenal fans are literally daft on this subject. If Leno let in 2 of the goals Martinez did at West Ham this season they would be screaming for his head.

There’s not much between the keepers and Leno shaves it from my perspective but some of our fans behaviour is daft. The comment on that report saying that fan would never forgive Arteta for selling him. I mean ffs were these fans about when we sold overmars and petit to Barca at the same time. I wonder how they would have coped.

Post #497776  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:47 am 

gooner7 wrote:

Bernard & TG, you might have read too much into what I am opining. I am merely highlighting my love for Martinez. Hope there is nothing wrong about that :42laughter:

Not making any comparison of him with Leno. I rate Leno as a good GK too. If I was going to make comparisons of the 2, I would have directly stated it. Then again, we all have our opinions.

Post #497777  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:57 am 

gooner7 wrote:
...we all have our opinions.

Ok, your gonna kick yourself when I point out what you’ve done wrong here..

Post #497778  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:01 am 

gooner7 wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Bernard & TG, you might have read too much into what I am opining. I am merely highlighting my love for Martinez. Hope there is nothing wrong about that :42laughter:

Not making any comparison of him with Leno. I rate Leno as a good GK too. If I was going to make comparisons of the 2, I would have directly stated it. Then again, we all have our opinions.

Sorry mate my comments weren’t really directed at you but the writers and people being described in the article.

Post #497779  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Sorry mate my comments weren’t really directed at you but the writers and people being described in the article.

Understand mate ... cheers! :12hello-bye:

Post #497780  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:09 am 

Ash wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

ouch! I felt that! :22cry:

Post #497781  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:11 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Same with me. I was actually having a go at the author of the linked report, although I agree with Top Gun’s thoughts about the moron who said he’d never forgive Arteta.

Post #497782  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:46 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Zed wrote:

Plus he made a very important save late on. I am glad Messi won something for the national team.

Yes he did. Even 3 good saves actually.

Post #497783  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:50 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Zed wrote:

Next up, Saka gets his trophy :angel8:

Indeed at such a young age. :angel8:

Post #497784  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:04 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I am not worried. TG is at home getting his laser ready for the big game.

A ha! Now we know!

:14laughter:

Post #497785  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:34 pm 

Suggestion is Saka has been dropped to go 5 at the back.

Not sure I can see England winning this but it will be a tight game

Post #497786  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:44 pm 

Ash wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

:1laughter:

Post #497787  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:44 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Apparently according to Football 365, Saka has been dropped in favour of Trippier. Grealish, Foden and Sancho not featuring either. Seems Southgate might go with a setup he had against Germany. Well this is not Germany, it's Italy, with a succession of good runs overall. England winning it would be awesome, but not sure now. Hopefully I'll be surprised and 100% wrong.

Post #497788  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:45 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
david.d wrote:
Hi Warrior
Can you help??

If nooone else answered this. Click on 3 dots top right of window and change zoom level. Simples :58big-emoticons:

Thank you Bubblechris

Post #497789  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:48 pm 

warrior wrote:
david.d wrote:
Hi Warrior
Can you help??

Hi

If you're using Windows, you can sometimes press Ctrl 0 at the same time to reset it or just hold down the Control key and then move the mouse wheel back and forth to suit.

Hi I should have said this is on my mobile!
Any ideas?

Post #497790  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:00 pm 

Zed wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Apparently according to Football 365, Saka has been dropped in favour of Trippier. Grealish, Foden and Sancho not featuring either. Seems Southgate might go with a setup he had against Germany. Well this is not Germany, it's Italy, with a succession of good runs overall. England winning it would be awesome, but not sure now. Hopefully I'll be surprised and 100% wrong.

I think he should have stuck with the same line up personally but there you go. Not feeling confident

Need to win it in the 90 minutes. I don’t fancy Pickford in a penalty shootout AT ALL.

Post #497791  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:10 pm 

david.d wrote:
warrior wrote:
Hi

Any ideas?

Yes. Get a PC or an iPad. :15laughter:

Post #497792  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:33 pm 

david.d wrote:
Any ideas?

What web browser are you using on the phone ?

Can you 'pinch-zoom' it ?

Post #497793  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:46 pm 

david.d wrote:
warrior wrote:
Hi

Any ideas?

If it's an android phone go into settings type in by the question mark font side and boost it there to the size you want.
If it's an apple someone else will have to advise, I hate em :42laughter:

Post #497794  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:01 pm 

I hope I'm wrong but dropping Saka and going even more defensive doesn't seem right approach to me.

Post #497795  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:04 pm 

ffs

Post #497796  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:04 pm 

What a goal from Shaw!

Post #497797  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:07 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Same with me. I was actually having a go at the author of the linked report, although I agree with Top Gun’s thoughts about the moron who said he’d never forgive Arteta.

No worries mate

Post #497798  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 pm 

England dominant so far fully deserve the lead.

Post #497799  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:22 pm 

Goodness, Kane drops himself at the slightest touch when he knows he has lost the ball

Post #497800  Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:13 pm 

Italians were too ponderous in the first half. Attacks so slowly.

[ 537937 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12442, 12443, 12444, 12445, 12446, 12447, 12448 ... 13449  Next