Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: bubblechris, Decaf, john1, mcquilkie, Rich, warrior and 286 guests

Post #505561  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:52 am 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1627027672411906052

Wonderful celebrations

On a sadder note, I worry KT will be leaving us. Look at his body language.

Post #505562  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:53 am 

I thought there was a lot of positives to be taken from the Villa game but have a go at these clowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYNBaGv ... =LeeGunner

Post #505563  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:29 am 

kiwipete wrote:
I thought there was a lot of positives to be taken from the Villa game but have a go at these clowns

Gosh what are they like when we lose?

Eddie wasn't great at all, but you do need to be fair--singling out that headed 'miss' (offside, and possibly he didn't even get the final touch) and then just breezing past the one he set up for Ødegaard. What is the point of slating a player who we know is a backup player and we have no choice by to rely on until Jesus come back?

Also, our left side is clearly not working smoothly at present. So no surprises that Trossard had little impact. Similarly, Xhaka's poor form is as much effect as cause.

Post #505564  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:17 am 

Not only curious as to why Tom Hanks is a football fan since growing up in an era where the sport had very low popularity except a brief stint early 70s but also how he became a Villa fan?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... ldbpwwdBHU

Post #505565  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:58 am 

Wow. I wonder if he will make it or burn out? Edu, where are you? haha

Post #505566  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 am 

kiwipete wrote:

Jez seems a massive bellend

These you tubers get paid off being miserable about Arsenal. Positivity doesn’t get views

Post #505567  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:01 am 

I see that Lee Mason got the boot from VAR

Post #505568  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:34 am 

Yesterday was *%^@*** orgasmic!!!
I was not confident before the game.
The Emery factor.
The Martinez factor.
Tricky game. Good villa team and partisan crowd.
Allied to the fact we hadn't been ourselves and poor results.
Wasn't confident at all and this was only strengthened going down after 5 minutes.
Was fuming with Zinny for losing the ball but boy did he redeem himself for 2 2.
At 1 0 I feared the absolute worst but was jumping around going mental at 1 1. Saka!! What a beauty.
Back to hurting when the *%^@ that had scored 1 goal in 32 and was starting first game in months decided that he was going to end his sodding bad run against us.
Infuriating. How often does a player or frigging team end their bad run against us ffs.
Anyway back to Zinny and what a strike for 2 2!!
For first time in the match I started to believe, we were playing well then that miss by Ødegaard.
How does he not score???
At 2 2 my TV stream went at about the 87 minute mark.
Frantically trying to get it back and once I did I could see Rob Holding was being brought on
For some reason the scoreline at the top was obscured and I'm wondering why holding is coming on and telling myself Arteta usually only brings him on to hold onto a lead.
Have we scored!!??????
Full TV screen was now clear and I literally started jumping around like a demented *%^@ when I saw the magical 2 3 in the top left hand corner.
YESSSSSSSSS WE HAD SCORED.
OH MY DAYS.
I WAS SO SO.HAPPY.
To see us get the 4th was wonderful and loved Gabby with His celebration before rolling it into the net.
Grown man of 52 but Arsenal can reduce me to this jibbling moody depressed then absolute buzzing crazy demented shouty screamy nutcase.
Martinez.
Karma for this arrogant prick who I actually didn't want to see us let go. Was fuming when we sold him but what a classless total wanker he has since become.
Loved his tears for us when we beat Chelsea in 2020 but horrible horrible man he is now.
The way he couldn't stop putting the boot in after we sold him.
Talking himself up and us down made me go right of him then His classless behavior at the world cup.
Beautiful karma yesterday with the ball bouncing off that massive egotistical head of this into the net and the beauyy of him being caught in no man's land for our 4th.
Poetic justice you absolute turd.
Thank you Arsenal
Yesterday was just brilliant.
Getting a result when I wasn't confident made it all sweeter.
And city dropped points too!!!

Post #505569  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:41 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Not only curious as to why Tom Hanks is a football fan since growing up in an era where the sport had very low popularity except a brief stint early 70s but also how he became a Villa fan?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... ldbpwwdBHU

Whatever the specifics of Hanks' case, the underlying reason is that the EPL (and before it the first division) is absolutely brilliant. It's competitive, is well-marketed and run, and most of all, has managed to keep up with the times while not allowing the marketing men to completely destroy the community roots, traditions and identities of the clubs.

Which is why the creation of a European super league would be an absolute travesty.

Post #505570  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:42 am 

I was expecting City to go on a several game run of wins at some point but they seem to pull a bad results randomly to sides you'd never expect them to recently.

If we win the title, it may be that City drop points unexpectedly as we've seen recently. They had the opportunity to put their foot on our necks and squandered it in a game they should have easily won.

Post #505571  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:08 pm 

Here you go:

https://en.as.com/soccer/why-does-tom-h ... 20Stoke%3F

James Alexander Gordon reading the football results on the radio.

Aston Villa 2 ... Arsenal six

Marvellous and enough to get anyone intrigued!

Post #505572  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:09 pm 

Anyone notes Xhaka getting booked? When our third went in, he couldn’t contain himself. Though he’d been subbed 15 mins earlier, he sprinted across the pitch in a frenzy of joyous excitement to join his mates celebrating in the corner below us.

Silly booking but great to see.

Post #505573  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:17 pm 

david.d wrote:
The Emery factor.
The Martinez factor.
Wasn't confident at all and this was only strengthened going down after 5 minutes.
Was fuming with Zinny for losing the ball but boy did he redeem himself for 2 2.
At 1 0 I feared the absolute worst but was jumping around going mental at 1 1. Saka!! What a beauty.
Back to hurting when the *%^@ that had scored 1 goal in 32 and was starting first game in months decided that he was going to end his sodding bad run against us.
Infuriating. How often does a player or frigging team end their bad run against us ffs.
For first time in the match I started to believe, we were playing well then that miss by Ødegaard.
How does he not score???
Frantically trying to get it back and once I did I could see Rob Holding was being brought on
For some reason the scoreline at the top was obscured and I'm wondering why holding is coming on and telling myself Arteta usually only brings him on to hold onto a lead.
Have we scored!!??????
Full TV screen was now clear and I literally started jumping around like a demented *%^@ when I saw the magical 2 3 in the top left hand corner.
OH MY DAYS.
I WAS SO SO.HAPPY.
To see us get the 4th was wonderful and loved Gabby with His celebration before rolling it into the net.
Grown man of 52 but Arsenal can reduce me to this jibbling moody depressed then absolute buzzing crazy demented shouty screamy nutcase.
Martinez.
Karma for this arrogant prick who I actually didn't want to see us let go. Was fuming when we sold him but what a classless total wanker he has since become.
Loved his tears for us when we beat Chelsea in 2020 but horrible horrible man he is now.
Talking himself up and us down made me go right of him then His classless behavior at the world cup.
Beautiful karma yesterday with the ball bouncing off that massive egotistical head of this into the net and the beauyy of him being caught in no man's land for our 4th.
Thank you Arsenal

Spot on!

That game, and this season, doing this to grown men :laughing7: :laughing7: :
https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/3070417

Post #505574  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:15 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I was expecting City to go on a several game run of wins at some point but they seem to pull a bad results randomly to sides you'd never expect them to recently.

If we win the title, it may be that City drop points unexpectedly as we've seen recently. They had the opportunity to put their foot on our necks and squandered it in a game they should have easily won.

I think when City are on it they are more capable than we are of blowing teams away 4 or 5-0, but I also think they might just be more susceptible to a poor performance that drops points. A higher ceiling and a lower floor.

Leicester next is another tough one but they are a team that tends to score and concede a few. More of a rollercoaster game than us pounding away at a 10 man defence and getting done by a set piece. I feel more confident in those types of games.
After that we have 4 winnable home games in the next 5, also Fulham away. We need to be aiming for 5 wins and a draw minimum in that run

Post #505575  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:56 pm 

Interesting to see how things are going for Mudryk at Chelsea. He was on the bench for the defeat to Southampton. There is a talented player there but he’s been thrown in to a shambles of a team with far too many new faces and has no set up to perform. I think he’s been massively badly advised, the kid wanted us no doubt, he was desperate for us and now he’s having to ride it out at Chelsea. With us he could have been eased in and played in a solid functioning team with a clear and set style of play. Look how easy Trossard and Jorginho have settled

Post #505576  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:19 pm 

I’d read something recently about Arteta pushing for wins if we’re drawing games. The chance to get the extra two points is worth the risk of losing one. I have no idea if it is a true thing Arteta does because I’ve also heard him say ‘if you can’t win it make sure you don’t lose it’

But if you are the dominant team then it does make sense to really go for it. If you took 4 drawn games and won two and lost two because of this cavalier attitude you’d have more points.

The attitude is e seemed to be there for the team when Zinchenko scored, a back to kick off lads this isn’t enough approach. And we certainly left ourselves 2v2 at the back when Villa could have undeservedly nicked it

Post #505577  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:01 pm 

Although losing Leicester are playing some good stuff …a couple of De Gea saves kept Utd in the game …. we have another tough game coming up against them

Evidently AMN had a very good game at right back yesterday against Chelsea. Chilwell then Mudryk we’re ineffective against him
Not sure what the terms of his loan is but does anyone see a return to us as an experience squadee who can play both full back positions and defensive mid
Or is MA not a fan

Post #505578  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:22 pm 

Might have spoke too soon! Not for the first time Utd 3 up against Leicester

Post #505579  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:25 pm 

Not even a yellow card for Sabitzer?

Attachments:

Post #505580  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:33 pm 

I have to think Man Utd is back in the title race. Not in pole position but close enough if either us or Man City go on a bad run of games not to be picked off. They did win several games in a row to get to here till we beat them.

Rashford is in his best form, cocky but that's normal for strikers of his age and form right now.

Post #505581  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:48 pm 

Man U stay 5 points back with a game more played. We know play 3 league games before Man U play again. A real chance to go 14 points in front of them. Man U would need to better us by nearly a point per game for the rest of the season to finish ahead of us

Post #505582  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:25 pm 

Richard Keys just said that Spurs can match Arsenal fan for fan, maybe even better them!

Haha. Whatever we’ve done to Key’s he has an irrational hatred of us in a way that I don’t see across any media outlet unless there is some clear historic rivalry

Post #505583  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:30 pm 

Rich wrote:
Richard Keys just said that Spurs can match Arsenal fan for fan, maybe even better them!

Haha. Whatever we’ve done to Key’s he has an irrational hatred of us in a way that I don’t see across any media outlet unless there is some clear historic rivalry

First class prick.
The hatred for us is so clear to see.
Andy Gray seems rational and fair but keys just comes across as a total lower.

Post #505584  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:41 pm 

kiwipete wrote:

City just scored and he's thinking about his frigging soccer 6 bet.
He was actually disappointed. Clown.
After 4 years he can't se the process.
We are top of the league. Utter clown

Post #505585  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:45 pm 

Decaf wrote:
david.d wrote:
The Emery factor.
The Martinez factor.
How does he not score???
Have we scored!!??????
OH MY DAYS.
I WAS SO SO.HAPPY.
Martinez.
Thank you Arsenal

Spot on!

That game, and this season, doing this to grown men :laughing7: :laughing7: :
https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/3070417

Thanks Decaf.
Love Wrighty.
Would love to meet him.
One of our ex players I'd most like to meet along with Thierry and Bergkamp.

Post #505586  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:56 pm 

Yes, he needs the rest of the season to adjust but Mudryk isn't playing particularly well. I think its a combination of getting settled and Chelsea are just inconsistent.

Trossard is playing well comparatively at the moment. The other question is should Trossard start until Martinelli gets his prior form back? Martinelli is great off the bench. The full backs don't have enough time to get used to his pace and he's running at the full back when his legs are tired.

Post #505587  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:23 pm 

Rich wrote:
Man U stay 5 points back with a game more played. We know play 3 league games before Man U play again. A real chance to go 14 points in front of them. Man U would need to better us by nearly a point per game for the rest of the season to finish ahead of us

But they are undoubtedly not out of it.

Post #505588  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:04 pm 

david.d wrote:
The Emery factor.
The Martinez factor.
How does he not score???
Have we scored!!??????
OH MY DAYS.
I WAS SO SO.HAPPY.
Martinez.
Thank you Arsenal

Abso-bloody-lutely

Post #505589  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:47 pm 

https://twitter.com/JeffSears4/status/1 ... 4808261633

The latest cheating by Kane. He got Antonio booked because of his reaction to this. The guy is untouchable, his terrible fouls go unpunished (the Robertson one is talked about but Google his forearm smash to Gabriel) and the level of over protection is just weird.

Even more frustrating when you see what Saka has to put up with with no punishment for those who deliberately try to kick him off the pitch

Last edited by warrior on Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broken Link Fixed

Post #505590  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:24 am 

Decaf wrote:
Rich wrote:

But they are undoubtedly not out of it.

They’re definitely in it. They have 3 tough games in their next 4. Liverpool, Brighton and Newcastle away. If they come out of those 3 with 7 or 9 points then I’ll get really worried

One injury to Rashford ends it though

Post #505591  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:53 am 

Rich wrote:

Other than north London, do sperz have a sizeable presence anywhere else in London? I have long heard Arsenal is popular in the Brixton, Streatham areas of south London and although not the main club of choice, are popular with many people in the City, even east London.

Also, are there any sizeable sperz fans outside of London, surrounding cities and counties?

Post #505592  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:32 am 

Watched the Man U v Leicester highlights. The game kind of went exactly as I thought. Leicester would carry a threat going forward but would also be quite open at the back. I think they suit us as an opponent more than a sit deep and counter type of opponent.

The most stark thing was how Man U were able to play Rashford in to space behind Leicesters high defence - I mean it is literally their best weapon with the league's most in form player and Leicester seemed to play right in to it.

It isn't something we do very often or even that well to be honest, but it could be a game for Martinelli to come back in as long as we're looking for that kind of ball in behind early.

Post #505593  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:36 am 

Saw someone point out that maybe we had recognised that Villa have a problem dealing with short corners following the Stevenage cup game where they were knocked out with a late goal almost identical to the one Zinchenko scored.

We did take a lot more short corners at the weekend. Perhaps someone was paying attention!

Post #505594  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:42 am 

Rich wrote:
Saw someone point out that maybe we had recognised that Villa have a problem dealing with short corners following the Stevenage cup game where they were knocked out with a late goal almost identical to the one Zinchenko scored.

We did take a lot more short corners at the weekend. Perhaps someone was paying attention!

I'd like to think we were that clever but...

Post #505595  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:43 am 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21438314 ... lyst-slap/

Arsenal analyst Molina was 'slapped' by Villa's counterpart when Arsenal's scored our 3rd goal. Villa bloke seemed upset by the boisterous reaction to Arsenal scoring.

Haha. We are triggering so many people this year, it shows we're back, people are jealous, we're doing it with the youngest manager, the youngest team and playing a high quality brand of attacking football. All of this is available and achievable to many clubs if they made better decisions - this isn't City or Chelsea just stockpiling loads of players for £75m it is good old fashioned recruitment, skill, intelligence, hard work and teamwork. 100% the reaction we're getting is complete jealousy.

Ask any fan that if they were to win the league how they'd like that team to be made up and they wouldn't say a team of £100m signings, they say young players, academy players, players plucked from obscurity and trained to be better. This Arsenal team is the team every fan wants for their own team - and that is where the jealousy comes from.

Post #505596  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:12 pm 

Rich wrote:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21438314/arsenal-aston-villa-analyst-slap/

Arsenal analyst Molina was 'slapped' by Villa's counterpart when Arsenal's scored our 3rd goal. Villa bloke seemed upset by the boisterous reaction to Arsenal scoring.

Haha. We are triggering so many people this year, it shows we're back, people are jealous, we're doing it with the youngest manager, the youngest team and playing a high quality brand of attacking football. All of this is available and achievable to many clubs if they made better decisions - this isn't City or Chelsea just stockpiling loads of players for £75m it is good old fashioned recruitment, skill, intelligence, hard work and teamwork. 100% the reaction we're getting is complete jealousy.

Ask any fan that if they were to win the league how they'd like that team to be made up and they wouldn't say a team of £100m signings, they say young players, academy players, players plucked from obscurity and trained to be better. This Arsenal team is the team every fan wants for their own team - and that is where the jealousy comes from.

I think the over the top celebrations are something I don't like in modern football. Quick hand clap and pat on the back and get on with it. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

Post #505597  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:16 pm 

Watched the Forest goal against MiddleEast City. It's a very well worked goal.

Post #505598  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:20 pm 

I'd actually like to see a Party-Odegaard-Jorginho midfield with Jorginho playing in Xhaka's role. He's a better dribbler and passer than Xhaka and a better shooter. Xhaka gives intangibles such as leadership and he has a booming shot. Both lack a bit of pace although I'd probably guess Xhaka is a step faster maybe.

If we lose out by 2 points, there won't be any tears for us. Still its criminal something so blatant by VAR is missed. Occum's Razor, the simplest explanation is he didn't want to rule in our favor no matter the evidence.

Post #505599  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:39 pm 

Rashford has 16 goals from 8.65xG since the world cup - that is astonishing finishing ability - and something you'd think is impossible to keep up long term

Post #505600  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:57 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
Watched the Forest goal against MiddleEast City. It's a very well worked goal.

Yep, pointed out on MOTD how Bernardo Silva in his notional left-back role jumped out of position with no chance of really winning the ball. City could get exploited by other teams here, and if they put Ake at left-back - a very good defender, they lose a lot in progression and domination of the ball. Makes you wonder why they sold us Zinchenko

[ 518931 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12637, 12638, 12639, 12640, 12641, 12642, 12643 ... 12974  Next