Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, mcquilkie and 304 guests

Post #472441  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:11 pm 

Andy Green world tour started last night ….flew to Bogota for the in laws 60th wedding anniversary bash
Out of here tomorrow night … red eye to Heathrow and then a few days in Chewton Glen with some mates
I’ve never been and I’m looking forward to it From there to Sussex to hang out with my sister for a few days and see my eldest and the Grandkids
Sunday 16th off to Dubrovnik for a week ….again never been and again looking forward to it
Hope we’ve signed Rice by the time I get back…. and Timber…

Post #472442  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:19 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
Andy Green world tour started last night ….flew to Bogota for the in laws 60th wedding anniversary bash
Out of here tomorrow night … red eye to Heathrow and then a few days in Chewton Glen with some mates
I’ve never been and I’m looking forward to it From there to Sussex to hang out with my sister for a few days and see my eldest and the Grandkids
Sunday 16th off to Dubrovnik for a week ….again never been and again looking forward to it

Chewton glen? Now you’re talking :58big-emoticons: not close to TopG mansions but I know that neck of the woods well. Enjoy that will be a blast Andy

Post #472443  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:00 pm 

Emile Smith Rowe plays for U21s in UEFA Int Cup Final.

Ko 5pm UK time on Channel 4 and UEFA.tv

Starting now .

Post #472444  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:44 pm 

Andy Green wrote:

I was in Dubrovnik last month and within the old walls it’s beautiful, be prepared for a lot of steps. Well worth doing the wall walk which will take you a few hours, depending on how long your beer stops are, some great views across the old town out to sea. We happened across a great secluded bar that’s off the tourist beat. It’s called the Dodo Beach Bar and in a wonderful little cove, outside the walls on the western edge of the old fort. Well worth it just to avoid the “cruisers” and enjoy a cold beer and watch the waves crashing in. Also worth snagging a table at 360 restaurant for some Michelin nosh overlooking the harbour. Have a great trip.

Post #472445  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:24 pm 

Ash wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don’t think it’s tactics it’s just that the coaches and fans have blinkers on when it comes to Eddie. I think it’s because he came through the academy. He’s provided some great moments but if we decided to sell I think he would only command interest from clubs like Palace and Brentford which is telling.

We will sell balogun, keep Nketiah then realise we need a new striker next summer mark my words

I share the opinion that everyone has said here that Balogun probably has the higher ceiling. I think that would be most fans position and I wouldn’t be surprised if the club think that too.

But they’re invested in Jesus being the starting striker, there isn’t a place up for grabs with significant minutes really.

We will sell balogun, keep Nketiah then realise we need a new striker next summer mark my words

I can absolutely see that happening, but I’m not sure Balogun is making much else an option, and fair enough from his point of view. Arsenal is an amazing club if you can get the minutes you want, but like KT it must be so difficult if you’re effectively frozen out.

Eddie will probably get 6/7 games worth of minutes over the season. Balogun wanting to leave makes sense. Going to Chelsea however is not exactly guaranteed minutes, but they might be the only buyers.

I'd be very surprised if the backup striker got only 6/7 games worth of minutes. Apart from rotation and injuries, Jesus shouldn't be playing the full 90 each game. We need fresh legs up front (or different options) in the last 20-30 minutes. Furthermore, each outing is an opportunity for the backup striker to make himself more of a contender to start. Nketiah had a big chance last season.

If Balogun goes to Chelsea is he going to be first choice? Didn't they just buy Nkunku?

Post #472446  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:16 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Ash wrote:

I share the opinion that everyone has said here that Balogun probably has the higher ceiling. I think that would be most fans position and I wouldn’t be surprised if the club think that too.

But they’re invested in Jesus being the starting striker, there isn’t a place up for grabs with significant minutes really.

I can absolutely see that happening, but I’m not sure Balogun is making much else an option, and fair enough from his point of view. Arsenal is an amazing club if you can get the minutes you want, but like KT it must be so difficult if you’re effectively frozen out.

Eddie will probably get 6/7 games worth of minutes over the season. Balogun wanting to leave makes sense. Going to Chelsea however is not exactly guaranteed minutes, but they might be the only buyers.

I'd be very surprised if the backup striker got only 6/7 games worth of minutes. Apart from rotation and injuries, Jesus shouldn't be playing the full 90 each game. We need fresh legs up front (or different options) in the last 20-30 minutes. Furthermore, each outing is an opportunity for the backup striker to make himself more of a contender to start. Nketiah had a big chance last season.

If Balogun goes to Chelsea is he going to be first choice? Didn't they just buy Nkunku?

Yes I did correct that to 6-7 games worth of minutes guaranteed. Which I think is accurate. What if Jesus has hardly any injuries and we go out of minor cups early? It will probably be more but guaranteed it’s not much.

Yeah it’s a weird destination which I’m guessing isn’t Balogun’s idea but probably they’re the top bidders/most interested? Nkunku whilst versatile isn’t really a striker like Balogun. Jackson is, who they’ve just bought, so it doesn’t get any clearer.

Post #472447  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:05 pm 

For those planning on their games this season the Arsenal.com website is reporting 4 changes to game times in the first 2 months. To suit TV of course.

Post #472448  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:05 am 

Congratulations England & Emile Smith Rowe for winning the U21 :53big-emoticons:

That last min penalty save was immense :58big-emoticons:

Post #472449  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:53 am 

Alternate retelling of the Emery to Arteta years. But what if Emery had not been fired? Villa will be a dark horse this season. Villa was a respectable 7th last season only a point behind Brighton who are losing their best players. Who knows if they can replace like for like quality but it wouldn't shock anyone if they struggled more this season. Villa is prime for 6th and if Emery does what he did at Sevilla, we may see them punch above their weight. Cup final perhaps as well. The top 5 places seem pretty much a lock: City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle. I have a feeling its going to be Villa or Chelsea for that 6th spot and if any of the top 5 have a season like Liverpool did, we may see them nip them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bryaQLf8uSU&t=343s

Post #472450  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

I think a new striker next year is the long term plan anyway

Post #472451  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:46 am 

This would be beyond irritating

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... riker.html

Post #472452  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:45 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Britain is *%^@** as long as these arseholes are running it

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnso ... r-12916924

Boris has nothing to do with the current Goverment.

If you speak to anyone who lives and drives in the ULEZ zones then ask them what they think instead of making stupid statements.

The air quality is currently safe in fact safer thasn in most cities of similar populations. ULEZ will change nothing other than boost the numbers of unemployed sole traders who need motorised transport to do their work. Wait till you cannot find a workman willing to come to your address to quote let alone do a job for you.

You seriously need to think before you post.................

Post #472453  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:43 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

If you speak to anyone who lives and drives in the ULEZ zones then ask them what they think instead of making stupid statements.

The air quality is currently safe in fact safer thasn in most cities of similar populations. ULEZ will change nothing other than boost the numbers of unemployed sole traders who need motorised transport to do their work. Wait till you cannot find a workman willing to come to your address to quote let alone do a job for you.

You have embraced stupidity like its a religion. Amazing

Post #472454  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:04 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

If Chelsea want him and we even entertain the idea then the price needs to rise dramatically for them. Might Arsenal use it to get Mudryk....?

Post #472455  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:50 pm 

As I recall, wasn’t the imposition of the wider, revenue-generating ULEZ restriction imposed on the GLA as a condition for the post-Covid bailout of TFL?

Post #472456  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:00 pm 

Congratulations to England - that was a hard-fought Test match that went to the wire.

Back in the game.

Post #472457  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:59 pm 

DHD wrote:
Congratulations to England - that was a hard-fought Test match that went to the wire.

Back in the game.

Would you stick with Bairstow?

Post #472458  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:08 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Oh Chris ! :42laughter: :42laughter:

Post #472459  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:23 am 

I like this....pray it happens

Post #472460  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:18 am 

I didn't know we were close to getting Seedorf at one time.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iO8YFcU7LDU

Post #472461  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:22 am 

Rio reacts...

Post #472462  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:30 am 

DHD wrote:
As I recall, wasn’t the imposition of the wider, revenue-generating ULEZ restriction imposed on the GLA as a condition for the post-Covid bailout of TFL?

First I've heard of it. There is a current court case against the imposition as Khan's calculations were very iffy.

Post #472463  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:31 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

You have embraced stupidity like its a religion. Amazing

Very droll but no facts and all blah blah blah.

Post #472464  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:35 am 

bubblechris wrote:
DHD wrote:

First I've heard of it. There is a current court case against the imposition as Khan's calculations were very iffy.

Thinking about it some may like to know it is an EU plan he didn't have to comply with. Also down to them is the Banks closing people's accounts because they don't like their politics. Woker than woke.I

Post #472465  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:21 am 

Are we caring that Farage had his bank account at Coots closed because he literally didn’t meet the eligibility criteria of a million quid??

I’m sure that’s a terrible high society snub for Nigel, but whatever your politics that’s a non story really?

“Rich man isn’t rich enough to have a status symbol bank account for the super rich and has to NatWest it with the rest of us plebs”

Post #472466  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:56 am 

So is there an outside chance that Rice and Timber might make the pre- season tour to the US. Might be helpful if they actually meet their teammates before the season starts.

Post #472467  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:15 am 

Ash wrote:
Are we caring that Farage had his bank account at Coots closed because he literally didn’t meet the eligibility criteria of a million quid??

I’m sure that’s a terrible high society snub for Nigel, but whatever your politics that’s a non story really?

“Rich man isn’t rich enough to have a status symbol bank account for the super rich and has to NatWest it with the rest of us plebs”

You are right. Imagine thinking that stuff like this is important.

Woke, woke, woke. What imbeciles concern themselves with such nonsense.

Post #472468  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:51 am 

Matt Turner saved 2 penalties in a shoot out for the USA team yesterday. Turner has saved 14 of 35 penalties faced in his career. Makes a good case for subbing him on if we have a penalty shoot out next year

Post #472469  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:19 pm 

Rich wrote:
Matt Turner saved 2 penalties in a shoot out for the USA team yesterday. Turner has saved 14 of 35 penalties faced in his career. Makes a good case for subbing him on if we have a penalty shoot out next year

So, he's NOT the new Petr Čech?

Post #472470  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:12 pm 

In the NBA when prime Shaq was an unstoppable force, teams were buying huge big bodies just to throw at Shaq all game to tire him or slow him down. They would pick up fouls, get subbed out, another body comes in.

If Haaland continues to be unstoppable, we may see teams doing something similar: big, athletic center halves to throw at him and sub out for another.

Post #472471  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:50 pm 

Parkerknoll Gooner wrote:
DHD wrote:

Back in the game.

Would you stick with Bairstow?

Apologies for the delay PG but yes, I would. Bit like asking whether I’d stick with Root. Class is permanent…

Bairstow didn’t have a great match and indeed he hasn’t had a great series. BUT I think he’s a remarkably destructive batsman who will come off at some point. He’s an ok wk who hasn’t kept for a while; I think he’s got the skill to sharpen up.

Foakes is undoubtedly a better keeper and he’s a decent batter but he’ll never dominate an attack like Bairstow can - and as he pretty regularly has. On the basis of recent series before Barstow broke his leg, I agree with the selection policy and I can’t see it changing.

For me, the difference in the 3rd test was Wood. 96mph is a game changer. All of a sudden, we are competing in the bowling department.

Post #472472  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:21 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ash wrote:

You are right. Imagine thinking that stuff like this is important.

Woke, woke, woke. What imbeciles concern themselves with such nonsense.

If banks are closing bqnk accounts because of people's political beliefs that concern everyone.

Post #472473  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:49 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
If banks are closing bank accounts because [someone doesn’t fulfil the basic criteria to hold an account there] then Banks are operating within normal parameters.

There fixed it for you. Why should Nigel Farage be allowed to hold an account at Coots when he hasn’t had a million pounds in the account (the one basic criteria for holding an account there) for 10 years now?

One could argue he’s been given undue privilege for the past 10 years…

I dislike people being shouted down, or ‘silenced’ or ‘cancelled’ whoever they are, and sure it goes on, but this ain’t it.

Post #472474  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:59 pm 

Ash wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
If banks are closing bank accounts because [someone doesn’t fulfil the basic criteria to hold an account there] then Banks are operating within normal parameters.

There fixed it for you. Why should Nigel Farage be allowed to hold an account at Coots when he hasn’t had a million pounds in the account (the one basic criteria for holding an account there) for 10 years now?

I dislike people being shouted down, or ‘silenced’ or ‘cancelled’ whoever they are, and sure it goes on, but this ain’t it.

Couldn’t the country get a ‘go fund me’ page up and get the poor bugger over the line by donations. Imagine how he feels when he talks to his friends and has to admit he hasn’t got an account at that bank. He will be marginalised forever. The mental damage is incalculable. Better get the social workers around his house, all hold hands and hum a tune to calm everyone down.

Post #472475  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:41 am 

1965 NLD

Attachments:

Post #472476  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:41 am 

Saka played way too many games last season. It's one thing I'd like to see changed.

Post #472477  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:05 am 

I'm gonna trust Mikel. He wasn't a bad player overnight. Chelsea were a bad team last season and a good new player to a bad team, ,is often going to look badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9z-8IDsijI

Post #472478  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:06 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Ash wrote:

Couldn’t the country get a ‘go fund me’ page up and get the poor bugger over the line by donations. Imagine how he feels when he talks to his friends and has to admit he hasn’t got an account at that bank. He will be marginalised forever. The mental damage is incalculable. Better get the social workers around his house, all hold hands and hum a tune to calm everyone down.

Fine if it were just Nigel Farage BUT it ISN'T. A Ppriest was told to go forth and multiply because he dissed women having penises, amongst many others.

Post #472479  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:21 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Fine if it were just Nigel Farage BUT it ISN'T. A Ppriest was told to go forth and multiply because he dissed women having penises, amongst many others.

Lol :14laughter:

Back to obsessing about penises again. You’re shot in the head mate :laughing7:

Post #472480  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:27 am 

If anyone's got an Alexa, ask who's going to win the PL this season.

Quick, before someone changes it.

[ 481528 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11809, 11810, 11811, 11812, 11813, 11814, 11815 ... 12039  Next