Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 274 guests

Post #500081  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:22 pm 

Football authorities are going to be in a real pickle trying to sort this mess out if lock down runs into the summer months. I wonder if they may put it to the clubs to vote whether to sacrifice the current league season and start afresh come all clear, or sacrifice the 20/21 league season and complete the current one. The cup competitions can continue as there will be ample space.

Post #500082  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:38 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I know you fishing again because your bored but Jesus

Corona is ten times more likely to kill than flu.

As for Bubblechris questioning the system! My goodness, he’s just quoting what Boris said after he did a complete about turn from the strategy of infecting 60% of us that would have killed many.

I wasn't fishing ..... I was legless .

After drinking God knows how much vodka .... I don't even want to check the bottle it might make me feel worse ; woke Mrs Kiwi up when I decided to listen to Duanne Eddy's "Peter Gunn" at 3 am so the temperature in our house at the moment is about - 20 .

Not a tune that one would tend to put on at low volume (and being intoxicated it wouldn't have occurred to you to use headphones).

Mrs Kiwi must have been livid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKG0p6Tv9Q

Post #500083  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:36 pm 

warrior wrote:
Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes reveals why Portuguese joined Manchester United over Arsenal

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/footbal ... &ocid=iehp

Wenger did say he was being closely watched. I read another story that Man Utd had played Sporting and told Ferguson they need to sign him because he was roasting them.

Maybe that's what prompted Fergie to act.

Post #500084  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:17 am 

First person I personally know to have contracted it. Former coworker, reported she had it about 3 days ago and reported flu symptoms and was in the ER. Appeared to have somewhat mild symptoms at the time. Then several minutes ago.
She was very heavy when I worked with her. She lost a lot of the weight. My guess at the time it was bypass surgery because the weight was lost very quickly despite eating nothing but salads and fruits on the job. So, I think she had some pre-existing issues from those days that never left. This thing becomes scarier the closer it affects people you know.

Attachments:

Post #500085  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:41 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
First person I personally know to have contracted it. Former coworker, reported she had it about 3 days ago and reported flu symptoms and was in the ER. Appeared to have somewhat mild symptoms at the time. Then several minutes ago.
She was very heavy when I worked with her. She lost a lot of the weight. My guess at the time it was bypass surgery because the weight was lost very quickly despite eating nothing but salads and fruits on the job. So, I think she had some pre-existing issues from those days that never left. This thing becomes scarier the closer it affects people you know.

Stay safe, AG.

Post #500086  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:11 am 

Parkerknoll Gooner wrote:
Football authorities are going to be in a real pickle trying to sort this mess out if lock down runs into the summer months. I wonder if they may put it to the clubs to vote whether to sacrifice the current league season and start afresh come all clear, or sacrifice the 20/21 league season and complete the current one. The cup competitions can continue as there will be ample space.

Here's an interview on Liverpools current situation.

Not looking good.

Post #500087  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:43 am 

In the real world 61 doctors have died in Italy from the COVID 19. Good thing Trump told the US it was all overblown and they would be at church for Easter. Yep those first couple of weeks may make a real difference to control processes to slow the advance.

On the other hand - here is Wrighty getting inside Kane's head. - too good not to win trophies, give it one more year
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 02271.html

Post #500088  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:10 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
warrior wrote:
Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes reveals why Portuguese joined Manchester United over Arsenal

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/footbal ... &ocid=iehp

Wenger did say he was being closely watched. I read another story that Man Utd had played Sporting and told Ferguson they need to sign him because he was roasting them.

Maybe that's what prompted Fergie to act.

From what I recall, AG, the deal was virtually done with Arsenal. He'd been to the training ground, terms were agreed and he was even pictured with an Arsenal shirt. Then, for whatever reason, Arsenal decided they couldn't or wouldn't pay the asking price, United swooped in after he impressed in a friendly against them and the rest is history.

Post #500089  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am 

I heard about the friendly story. The players were raving about him that they couldn't stop him. I never heard the story of him visiting. I'd love to see those pictures (wearing the shirt, etc).

We never would have been able to hold onto him for a long time but it would have been nice while it lasted.

Post #500090  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 am 

I was just thinking. This was 2003! Imagine us with him at that time? My god! Okay, even given a year to mature and adjust. Wow.

Post #500091  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:30 am 

Arsenal 3rd kit for next season to be "Legend Marine / Light Flash Orange".......slow news day

Post #500092  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:15 am 

Rich wrote:
Arsenal 3rd kit for next season to be "Legend Marine / Light Flash Orange".......slow news day

What date does that season start?

Post #500093  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:

What date does that season start?

Post #500094  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:04 pm 

Rich wrote:

:icon_eek1:

I would be very curious to have a video of the selection process from original proposal to final sign off.

Post #500095  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:17 pm 

This is Todd, our new kit designer. We nicked him from Tottenham.

Post #500096  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:41 pm 

At the risk of sounding alarmist.
http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article ... Idx=286970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU&t=639s

Post #500097  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

Post #500098  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:16 pm 

The headline in my head reads "Merson Agrees With American Gooner That Fabregas Shouldn't Be Blamed For Leavng" :42laughter:

I still hold up hope he'll be remembered as a club legend. Brady gives me hope.

https://www.football365.com/news/arsena ... a-transfer

Post #500099  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 pm 

Sagna said he left when the club failed to keep RvP. Robin was determined to go, was there anything we could have done?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-21781165

Post #500100  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Why are you applauding this? The death toll is already 31 000 and the rate of increase of infection is still exponential.

And what on earth is Bubblechris reading?

And what scientists and saying this? John R. Brinkley, Manto Tshabalala-Msimang, Jessica Biel, Dr Oz, and who else? Trump's super genius uncle who used to teach science?

Decaf are you confused or what?

31000 deaths in UK? So far we're under 2000 still and the growth rate has fallen.

As far as TG's mad ideas go can he tell us what is going to happen when the lockdown is lifted? Does he think they will wait for an anti virus serum before they lift it?

ffs they have to lift it soon or the whole worlds economy will fall flat on it's face. Protect the vulnerable make sure they cannot be infected. Lift the lockdown and there will be very very few deaths but things will go back to normal sooner rather than later.

If you can't see that you are thicker than I thought you were.....

Brexit doesn't mean you are no longer part of planet. So you do need to specify if you are only referring to the UK when talking about a pandemic. Which you didn't.

If you think the growth rate has fallen I suggest you look at today's figures. Not looking so good in the UK.

Please do tell us which scientists you are getting your information from.

Post #500101  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:36 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Why are you applauding this? The death toll is already 31 000 and the rate of increase of infection is still exponential.

And what on earth is Bubblechris reading?

And what scientists and saying this? John R. Brinkley, Manto Tshabalala-Msimang, Jessica Biel, Dr Oz, and who else? Trump's super genius uncle who used to teach science?

31000 deaths in UK? So far we're under 2000 still and the growth rate has fallen.

As far as TG's mad ideas go can he tell us what is going to happen when the lockdown is lifted? Does he think they will wait for an anti virus serum before they lift it?

ffs they have to lift it soon or the whole worlds economy will fall flat on it's face. Protect the vulnerable make sure they cannot be infected. Lift the lockdown and there will be very very few deaths but things will go back to normal sooner rather than later.

You do realise that these figures are massaged, doctors are told that anyone who dies without being tested must be certificated as having pneumonia. Those who die in hospital and have been Tested are certified as Corona. As a matter of interest where do you get your information from? Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph?

Post #500102  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:56 pm 

[quote="bubblechris"]Lift the lockdown and there will be very very few deaths but things will go back to normal sooner rather than later.[/quote]
Very very few deaths?

On average, 1500 people die in the UK every day. That's deaths from road traffic accidents, cancer, heart disease, suicide, aneurysm, homicide, drowning.....all causes of death. 1500 on average. 380 deaths from COVID 19 reported today.

The hospitals are filling up with COVID patients. There is a huge global demand for ventilators and PPE. Medical professionals are contracting the virus in horribly high numbers.

Left unchecked, the fatalities would be colossal.

Post #500103  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:00 pm 

For those interested. Sweden are doing what I'm saying to date successfully but anything could happen..............

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/sweden- ... urope.html

Post #500104  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:13 pm 

Dafatone wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

You do realise that these figures are massaged, doctors are told that anyone who dies without being tested must be certificated as having pneumonia. Those who die in hospital and have been Tested are certified as Corona. As a matter of interest where do you get your information from? Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph?

Think more along the lines of

The beano, Breitbart, the voices inside his head, Jackaonory, anything Britain first or Tommy Robinson sticks on the Internet

Post #500105  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 pm 

Awful,. Simply tragic, people under playing this need to stop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52114476

Post #500106  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:05 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Does this help................

United Kingdom Coronavirus: 25,150 Cases and 1,789 ...www.worldometers.info › coronavirus › country › uk
12 hours ago - United Kingdom Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active ...

Dickheads....................

Chris, I have never been disrespectful towards you. Why do you have to debate with insults. Please debate with facts and without name calling.

Post #500107  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:37 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
For those interested. Sweden are doing what I'm saying to date successfully but anything could happen..............

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/sweden- ... urope.html

The reason being the Swedes are self isolating very successfully. Bars, etc are empty and people are generally staying at home hence no necessity to enforce a lockdown. Also, sweden is far less populated than the UK, Spain, Italy etc.

One of my closest friends is from Stockholm and is currently back there whilst this situation continues. She says they are taking a very cautious and diligent approach to the virus there. People are social distancing willingly.

Post #500108  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:03 am 

DHD wrote:
For obvious reasons, you can pause subscriptions to Sky Sports.

I'm sure many will have done so already but it was pretty straightforward.

If you pause Sky Sports what then happens to the other entertainment channels?

It’s not clear from the Sky website, nor from elsewhere. Over the years Sky have made the bundling of their products really complex and confusing (quite deliberately I suspect).

Post #500109  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:29 am 

long time gooner wrote:
DHD wrote:

It’s not clear from the Sky website, nor from elsewhere. Over the years Sky have made the bundling of their products really complex and confusing (quite deliberately I suspect).

Hi ltg,

I paused my Dad's sports subscriptions last week, and I haven't noticed any difference.

It's just the subscriptions that are paused; you still get the sports channels and everything else you pay for. Or at least we do so far.

Post #500110  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:39 am 

john1 wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Hi ltg,

I paused my Dad's sports subscriptions last week, and I haven't noticed any difference.

It's just the subscriptions that are paused; you still get the sports channels and everything else you pay for. Or at least we do so far.

Ah thanks for that. Very helpful.

The whole thing is complex by the time that one has added in Entertainment, HD and UHD. In fact UHD is bizarre - you can’t buy it as an add on like HD but you have to get Multi Room. How weird is that?

This morning I’ve just dealt with the BT Sport situation. They are giving a month’s credit. And I was able to do that online.

Post #500111  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:45 am 

long time gooner wrote:
john1 wrote:

Hi ltg,

The whole thing is complex by the time that one has added in Entertainment, HD and UHD. In fact UHD is bizarre - you can’t buy it as an add on like HD but you have to get Multi Room. How weird is that?

This morning I’ve just dealt with the BT Sport situation. They are giving a month’s credit. And I was able to do that online.

I'm sure there is (financially beneficial to them) method in the madness somewhere

Post #500112  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 am 

long time gooner wrote:
DHD wrote:

Sky Sports Customer Services borrowing Soc's computer.

We can see from our records that you currently subscribe to the "Sky Sports + Porn" package and we understand that you are wanting to pause just the Sky Sports bit?

Post #500113  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:55 am 

long time gooner wrote:
john1 wrote:

Hi ltg,

Hi LTG - I can back up what John1 says - pretty straightforward in fact I think there was a prompt. All you had to do was agree.

How did you deal with BT Sports?

Post #500114  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:43 am 

Dafatone wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Does this help................

United Kingdom Coronavirus: 25,150 Cases and 1,789 ...www.worldometers.info › coronavirus › country › uk
12 hours ago - United Kingdom Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active ...

Dickheads....................

Chris, I have never been disrespectful towards you. Why do you have to debate with insults. Please debate with facts and without name calling.

I only insult those that insult me and that cannot accept that there is always another view.

Apologies IF i insulted anyone else but as with Brexit I cannot accept pigheadedness that amountsd to refusing to acknowledge that another view could be correct.

Why just attack me though DFO is it because you agree with TG who has been more insulting than me on several occasions and is the current biggest troll on the forum?

Post #500115  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 am 

DHD wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Hi LTG - I can back up what John1 says - pretty straightforward in fact I think there was a prompt. All you had to do was agree.

How did you deal with BT Sports?

BT Sports will now let you do it online (a change of policy)

Post #500116  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:48 am 

Hmmm. Just tried the Sky pause and got this repeatedly

Sorry but we are having technical difficulties

Unfortunately, we have not been able to proceed with your order. Please try again later.

Start again

Post #500117  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:51 am 

Ah. My fault (sort of). The system had logged me out in the interim. Logging back in resolved it and the details that I had been looking for in advance were then displayed:

You just paused your Sky Sports subscription...
So you are no longer paying for Sky Sports.

The discount will apply from today and will appear on your next bill.
Your Sky Sports channels plus your recordings will remain available.
As soon as the action returns, we will reinstate your Sports subscription. You don’t need to do anything.

Post #500118  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:55 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Why just attack me though DFO is it because you agree with TG who has been more insulting than me on several occasions and is the current biggest troll on the forum?

Hi bubblechris. By TG you obviously mean Top Gun. But what does DFO stand for? Takes me back to when I worked in the NHS and a DFO was a Deputy Finance Officer. I’d have thought the obvious shortening of Dafatone was Daf.

Post #500119  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am 

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Hi bubblechris. By TG you obviously mean Top Gun. But what does DFO stand for? Takes me back to when I worked in the NHS and a DFO was a Deputy Finance Officer. I’d have thought the obvious shortening of Dafatone was Daf.

Because (I believe) it stands for Da Fat One. In which case the acronym would be spot on.

Post #500120  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:16 am 

I see it’s gone without comment on here It was reported spurs are applying for Government cash to pay non-football staff during the sport’s lockdown.

Is it me or does that just typify that poxy, lowly, small minded football club. It’s so so Tottenham.

I sincerely hope Arsenal wouldn’t go down a similar route at least for the time being and would take extreme measures to avoid it at all costs. Surely a last resort.

Irvine Welsh a favourite author of mine tweeted this yesterday. I have to say I agree now....

“It effectively means that the taxpayers would be paying the salaries of multimillionaire footballers. Maybe this is the time football fans finally tell the corrupt, dull and overhyped premiership to get *%^@**”

[ 560837 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12500, 12501, 12502, 12503, 12504, 12505, 12506 ... 14021  Next