Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Gaz from Oz, warrior and 410 guests

Post #478801  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 pm 

We have the entertainment value of the Three Tenors performing from wheelchairs after throat operations while Spurs seem to be in full flow ; exciting young manager , exciting team Kane , Ali , Son , Erikson scoring at will

.......and yet we are two points in front of them .... :icon_scratch: ?????

Post #478802  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:44 pm 

So our next three games are West Ham League Cup & Liverpool both at home and then away to Palace.

Not feeling optimisic atm......................

Post #478803  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Just saw this

Minutes played by Lacazette in each start for Arsenal:

65, 90, 74, 65, 82, 70, 67, 76, 80, 72, 78, 90, 45, 71, 72..

What's Wengers problem with him.

Wenger got some money on with bookies that he could make Lacazette a player who was subbed at more different minutes than any other player in the history of the epl

Post #478804  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:46 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Never seen a Star Wars movie in my life and couldn’t pick any of the characters out of a police line up.

That makes two of us. Nor have I, and nor could I.

Post #478805  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:28 am 

Yes, not that bothered about Star Wars (although I'll probably go and see the new one at some point) but if that's a real spoiler then that's genuinely not funny and extremely dickish. There are people who genuinely care about those things. Further proof why people who are not funny shouldn't try to be.

Post #478806  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:41 am 

....and just for clarity. I, and almost certainly my son too, do not give one iota of f#ck about kylo ren or luke skywalker or any of that nonsense. We are at stages of our lives where the well-being or otherwise of movie characters is not a huge concern.

We just wanted to go and enjoy a stupid movie during the holiday season coz we don't get to do enough of that so much any more.

"Spoiler Alert" is the convention for a reason.

Post #478807  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:20 am 

I've removed the star wars spoiler post and as I'm on a mobile, all quoted posts too.

Not a fan myself but that's poor form.

Post #478808  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:38 am 

Couldn't give a toss if City get the title. Rather them than MU and having Mour gloating all over the media he'd done a "Fergie". Spurs can just plain stuff it. Arteta winning a trophy is better.

Post #478809  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:42 am 

Griezmann demonstrates that a professional footballer's capacity for being a total *%^@*** moron knows no bounds.

Post #478810  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:45 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Never seen a Star Wars movie in my life and couldn’t pick any of the characters out of a police line up.

I'm pretty sure you would both recognise Darth Vader.

Post #478811  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:59 am 

dec wrote:
Bernard wrote:

White helmet? But not like you see at the MotoGP.

Now I am going to test the mods patience about spoilers. Are u ready Arsenal will not win the EPL this season. You heard it here.

Post #478812  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:11 am 

dec wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I doubt I could. I've heard of the name 'Darth Vader' but pay no attention to publicity given to stuff like that. I couldn't even tell you who won Strictly Come Dancing. I saw a photo of the winning couple on the front page of a paper but didn't recognise who either was and didn't read the report to discover their names.

By the way, what's a Star Wars spoiler post that Niall thinks was poor form?

Post #478813  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am 

dec wrote:
Griezmann demonstrates that a professional footballer's capacity for being a total *%^@*** moron knows no bounds.

What's remarkable is that Patrick Barclay a journalist who always seemed to have his head screwed on was defending it on twitter. Remarkable example of lack of awareness and prejudice

Post #478814  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:56 am 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Nobody asked you. If you actually engaged with the rest of the forum maybe someone would have.

Are we going to get this routine from American after every single City game from now until either the end of the season if they remain unbeaten, or the point when they are defeated if they don't? We all know how much he doesn't want them, or anyone else, to not lose during a season. Is there any point in him keeping on telling us?
ZZZZ

Post #478815  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:59 am 

kiwipete wrote:
We have the entertainment value of the Three Tenors performing from wheelchairs after throat operations while Spurs seem to be in full flow ; exciting young manager , exciting team Kane , Ali , Son , Erikson scoring at will

Did you watch them against City? They were seriously outclassed and one or two of their players ended up trying to break legs. A good team yes, but some way off the greatness their hopeful fans want.

Post #478816  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:02 am 

Zed wrote:
Couldn't give a toss if City get the title. Rather them than MU and having Mour gloating all over the media he'd done a "Fergie". Spurs can just plain stuff it. Arteta winning a trophy is better.
Agreed! Anything that gets up Mourinho's nose is good.

Post #478817  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Did you watch them against City? They were seriously outclassed and one or two of their players ended up trying to break legs. A good team yes, but some way off the greatness their hopeful fans want.

Dele Alli is nasty prick. He gets away with far too much. That was a horrible tackle on DeBruyne. He's also one of the most prolific divers in the league.

Post #478818  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:15 am 

Bernard wrote:
dec wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I doubt I could. I've heard of the name 'Darth Vader' but pay no attention to publicity given to stuff like that. I couldn't even tell you who won Strictly Come Dancing. I saw a photo of the winning couple on the front page of a paper but didn't recognise who either was and didn't read the report to discover their names.

You would probably have been living in a galaxy far far away not to know this was a Star Wars character.

A spoiler is a term which means giving away details of a movie, show, book before someone has viewed or read the original work.

Attachments:

Post #478819  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 am 

dec wrote:
You would probably have been living in a galaxy far far away not to know this was a Star Wars character.

A spoiler is a term which means giving away details of a movie, show, book before someone has viewed or read the original work.

Is that Darth Vader then? Also is he the only character in Star Wars?

Post #478820  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
ZZZZ

What do you find find so sleeep inducing?

Post #478821  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:49 pm 

Bernard wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
ZZZZ

What do you find find so sleeep inducing?

Bernard I believe he finds it inappropriate that a few people on the forum.... actually feck it absolutely EVERYONE keeps pointing out Americans own sleep inducing posts are actually sleep inducing.

Post #478822  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:10 pm 

I've never seen us lift the league cup. I'd like to see us do it. We came close a couple times. A quick google says we last won was 1993 against Wednesday.
This year doesn't seem likely not with both Manchester sides and Chelsea still in it. Anything can (and often does) happen. We got past City and Chelsea in last season's FA Cup so who knows. Most likely two big clubs in the final. Hopefully we are as well.
Out of curiosity I watched highlights of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-txYwvKYZc

I truly envy you all who were around in those days and years before. The atmosphere seems better, purer back then. Maybe it wasn't but it just seems that way. The game has changed visibly since I first fell in love with our club as well as the sport.

Post #478823  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm 

City winning the title doesn't bother me. Its City going undefeated that worries me. Admittedly, its too early to be "worried" but I'm like this every season till the last team (other than us) loses. Silly but we all have our idiosyncracies.

Hope Man Utd win nothing.

Post #478824  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:54 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Indeed, Hoy, and I'd wager you have a Tottenham team in mind when you make that observation?

*finger poised over Z key*

Post #478825  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:06 pm 

...forgot to mention. I had no idea Markes played in England. Older Americans will remember him. He scored Wednesday's first goal. Perhaps the first American in the league? Not sure. Wednesday hit the post a few times, could have went either way but we played the better football..if the highlights are anything to go by.

Anyway, wonder what kind of squad Wenger will field? Assuming Giroud and Walcott start. Özil and Sanchez sit it out...just a guess.

Post #478826  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:37 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Are we going to get this routine from American after every single City game from now until either the end of the season if they remain unbeaten, or the point when they are defeated if they don't? We all know how much he doesn't want them, or anyone else, to not lose during a season. Is there any point in him keeping on telling us?
ZZZZ

I hope you’re getting medical advice for your narcolepsy Hoy. Best of luck with that.

Post #478827  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 pm 

Bernard wrote:
dec wrote:

Yep. The biggest movie franchise in history. Nine movies, several animated series and a merchandising leviathan. All based on one enormous soliloquy......

Post #478828  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:39 pm 

dec wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Yep. The biggest movie franchise in history. Nine movies, several animated series and a merchandising leviathan. All based on one enormous soliloquy......

Great monologues though, some even rival the best efforts from AG.

Post #478829  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
dec wrote:

Great monologues though, some even rival the best efforts from AG.

Steady on now...

Post #478830  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:31 pm 

Bernard wrote:

Think you need to put a little more thought into this one ...... its called Star Wars , how often does a war involve just one person ...?

Post #478831  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:

No Old Man I didn't ...... my sporting tastes have changed , top three used to be tennis , English soccer , rugby union in any order
Top level soccer $$$$$$$$$ rule so interest has dwindled , never watch tennis can't stand the grunting and inspection of eight balls before every serve , bit ho hum as far as rugby goes except for the All Blacks and the ocassional Super 15 game

Aussie rugby league , cricket and V8 Supercars get the nod these days .

Post #478832  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Think you need to put a little more thought into this one ...... its called Star Wars , how often does a war involve just one person ...?

Even if the war may involve more than one person a film on it could still focus on one character.

Post #478833  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
...forgot to mention. I had no idea Markes played in England. Older Americans will remember him. He scored Wednesday's first goal. Perhaps the first American in the league? Not sure. Wednesday hit the post a few times, could have went either way .

John harkes !there’s a name , I lived in New Jersey back then and saw the final in his dads bar ( who was a Scot) in Kearney NJ. loads of Americans in sheff W shirts, when he scored the place went nuts

Post #478834  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:03 pm 

dec wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Okay I actually thought he wore white. Maybe I have just seen the photos of people in the white outfit. I have seen the dark character before but I did not realise who he was or indeed how he fits into the story. I use the word story very loosely. Dr who and a bit of Star Trek was as far as I went. I don’t like and never have liked that type of fiction. I like a very limited type of historical movies. Never seen ET not titanic. I think the last time I went to a theatre for a movie was Hunt for Red October which was without doubt one of the poorest movies of all time.

Post #478835  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I think the last time I went to a theatre for a movie was Hunt for Red October which was without doubt one of the poorest movies of all time.

I went to the cinema to see the Hunt for Red October too. Not sure if it's the last time I went to the cinema but if it wasn't, I've not gone often since and not since around that time. Was it the late eighties as I think I went with my wife when she was my girlfriend. Wasn't it about a Russian submarine with Sean Connery?

I don't count it as bad as you obviously do, but it wasn't much good. It's been on telly plenty of times and I've not bothered watching it again.

Post #478836  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:03 am 

Bernard wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Even if the war may involve more than one person a film on it could still focus on one character.

Sort of like .... " Robinsoe Crusoe visits Ursa Major " .... ?

Post #478837  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I think the last time I went to a theatre for a movie was Hunt for Red October which was without doubt one of the poorest movies of all time.

I went to the cinema to see the Hunt for Red October too. Not sure if it's the last time I went to the cinema but if it wasn't, I've not gone often since and not since around that time. Was it the late eighties as I think I went with my wife when she was my girlfriend. Wasn't it about a Russian submarine with Sean Connery?

I don't count it as bad as you obviously do, but it wasn't much good. It's been on telly plenty of times and I've not bothered watching it again.

It was about a sub. After about 30 minutes I was hoping the Russians would sink them & put me out of my misery. The problem was all the critics told us how great it was. I think it was the 1980s but I am not 100 percent sure. I likened it to watch a Mourinho team against another top 5 club.

Post #478838  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 am 

'Manchester City to fend off suitors by offering Kevin De Bruyne new deal'

All of football can only hope the plucky men in blue succeed.

Post #478839  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I liked the Hunt for Red October....

Post #478840  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:31 am 

Niall wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I liked the Hunt for Red October....

Thats fine. I am not sure we have to agree on everything in life. You probably don't like some of the movies I enjoy. On to more important matters.

In under 1000 words please tell me how worried you are about Man City going undefeated this season. It makes really interesting reading for others on the forum.

[ 572039 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11968, 11969, 11970, 11971, 11972, 11973, 11974 ... 14301  Next