Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 275 guests

Post #472281  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:11 pm 

Woooohooo come on Eddie. Save us from this dross.

Post #472282  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:18 pm 

I find myself not caring if we score or not.

Post #472283  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:18 pm 

7 more minutes ....

Post #472284  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:19 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I find myself not caring if we score or not.

Post #472285  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:20 pm 

Huffing, puffing, puffing and huffing

Post #472286  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:22 pm 

Does it really matter? Do we really deserve to? Every club above has gone there and bossed it

Post #472287  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:25 pm 

Please go now. Just go.

Post #472288  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:26 pm 

Wenger cares more about his pride than the club. Hoping Josh is watching and knows the level of cr@p he is watching.
36 years. Lol...you have to laugh to stop yourself from crying.
At least we now truly know how bad we really are.
Fair play to Brighton. They got stuck in. Gave it their all. Far more committed than we were.

Post #472289  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:29 pm 

A happy day for Pete on the Beach and Daz.

Post #472290  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:33 pm 

Lower and lower we go. Teams are breaking their records with us. Just so slow .... pass, pass, pass ..... and lose the ball ... and panic.
Where is your personal pride, Wenger? You still dare to spew your nonsense? BHA played with more heart and purpose than your team. What excuses now? The team is still reeling from the defeat against City?

Post #472291  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:43 pm 

Take your pick.
1. We were a little short today. 2. We made mistakes at the back. 3. The referee made bad decisions 4. AmericanGooner blocked me on the Steve Gleiber forum.

Post #472292  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:49 pm 

Midtable KSE sports franchise.

Told you so.

Post #472293  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:50 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Take your pick.
1. We were a little short today. 2. We made mistakes at the back. 3. The referee made bad decisions 4. AmericanGooner blocked me on the Steve Gleiber forum.

You really are a prize *%^@.

Post #472294  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:54 pm 

This must surely be the end of Wenger.

If he ain't fall on his sword surely someone must push him into it??

Post #472295  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:55 pm 

Once again we prove that we can concede 2 goals to anybody. To have to score 3 goals to win every game especially when your attacking play consists of loads of sideways passes, allowing them to get 11 men behind the ball and then have no shot.

Someone make themselves a hero, grow a pair of balls and sack this pathetic excuse for a manager. His legacy is completely tarnished, every day he stays is making the next guys job harder and harder

Post #472296  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:56 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

Won't be happy until the Europa cup isn't there for him to get out of jail with.

The most galling thing is people still talking as if it all depends on HIM when he chooses to leave and even who his successor will be.

It really is one of the most ludicrous situations I have ever seen when it comes to a football manager.

Well done, Pete, you must have some shredded nails but a worthy victory and the scoreline flattered Arsenal.

Post #472297  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm 

From Henry Winter

If Wenger truly loves #afc, which he undoubtedly does, then he will do what is best for the Club and that is resign. He once lifted Arsenal up. Now he's dragging them down with his stubbornness, failure to recruit leaders & inability to organise them defensively. It's time to go.

Post #472298  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:04 pm 

The longer the board don’t address the managerial situation the more they will look as incompetent as Wenger. Surely they must be aware of that. Perhaps they are waiting for their hand to be forced by a Europa cup exit, and then surely they will announce this is his final season.

Post #472299  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:07 pm 

My guess is one more season. If we start out and have a terrible fall, he may be let go. Terrible meaning we are firmly midtable, looking as if we are not going to qualify for europa and have some embarrassing losses. Stan likes Wenger and wants him to leave with some pride and not be fired. Just my guess. Wenger won't resign. Wenger will make some big buys this summer in hopes of going out with a bang. Or at least top 4 so he can say he left the club in a good position for the new manager.

Post #472300  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 pm 

Rich wrote:
From Henry Winter

If Wenger truly loves #afc, which he undoubtedly does, then he will do what is best for the Club and that is resign. He once lifted Arsenal up. Now he's dragging them down with his stubbornness, failure to recruit leaders & inability to organise them defensively. It's time to go.

Indeed.

If he doesn't win the Europa League there is literally no argument that can be made to board to not sack him.

Post #472301  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:27 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Rich wrote:
From Henry Winter

Indeed.

If he doesn't win the Europa League there is literally no argument that can be made to board to not sack him.

I don’t care if we win every europa league game up to and including the final 4-0. There is no argument period. He has assembled the most spineless and inept rabble I can remember in my 49 years. There is not 1 redeeming feature with this mob and they are taking the absolute piss. The only one I feel any sympathy for is Koscielny who is badly struggling with confidence and form. The rest can *%^@ right off.

Post #472302  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:44 pm 

Again. Stan highly respects Wenger. He will allow jim to leave with his pride intact if possible. I don't see Wenger getting fired unless Josh highly recommends it.

Post #472303  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 pm 

John wrote:
I don’t care if we win every europa league game up to and including the final 4-0. There is no argument period. He has assembled the most spineless and inept rabble I can remember in my 49 years. There is not 1 redeeming feature with this mob and they are taking the absolute piss. The only one I feel any sympathy for is Koscielny who is badly struggling with confidence and form. The rest can *%^@ right off.

I'm always one to find a positive , finished building the wife's planter's wheelbarrow yesterday .

Now how did we go against Brighton .... Hmmm ....lost 1 - 2

Oh well that's football can't win them all .....cue tuneless whistling .

Post #472304  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:08 pm 

arsenal manager Arsene Wenger speaking to Sky Sports:

Caught cold: "It took us a while to get in the game, we were caught cold after playing on Thursday. They started stronger and after in second half we responded very well but couldn't get the goal for at least a point.

"We played Sunday, Thursday and today so it was a combination of a lack of confidence and heavy legs."

Are all the players responding?

"We find it's always difficult to go into individual considerations. We have to get over this period, recover mentally and physically and we have another game on Thursday [against AC Milan] and then on Sunday.

"It's the first time its happened in my whole career and it's not easy. I have enough experience and desire to turn things around. When the team struggles for confidence it's even more difficult."

Top four place gone: "You can say that. I think it has already gone before [today] but mathematically with five team in front of us, we need them to collapse to think it will happen."

Considering his future: "No. I think what I said before focus on the job always you do the right thing and do the things that are right for the team."

Post #472305  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:20 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

Yep,I was there just got back , BHA awesome , Arsenal ?? What more to say that hasn’t been said 1000 times before

Post #472306  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:22 pm 

Europa was always going to be Thursday matches. What did he do to prepare?

Post #472307  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:28 pm 

Daz wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Won't be happy until the Europa cup isn't there for him to get out of jail with.

The most galling thing is people still talking as if it all depends on HIM when he chooses to leave and even who his successor will be.

It really is one of the most ludicrous situations I have ever seen when it comes to a football manager.

Well done, Pete, you must have some shredded nails but a worthy victory and the scoreline flattered Arsenal.

Thanks ; cracking atmosphere , felt a bit guilty at times, that I’ve ended up like this, and had to bite my lip the amount of hatred jack was getting from the home fans ( I guess if he weren’t arsenal we would do the same ), Albion were awesome , can’t believe Kolasinac didn’t get a second yellow for taking schelotto out

Wonder if we can reclaim Arsenal F.C. from Arsene F.C. anytime soon

Post #472308  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:53 pm 

I can see Conte gone before Wenger.

Post #472309  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:02 pm 

People moan about the players but for me wanting player X replaced by player Y, or wanting player A replaced by player B is no more than a side issue.

Let me put it this way. If Wenger had exactly the same players that Guardiola has had this season, including those up to and after the January window, meaning Arsenal and Manchester City had swapped their squads, I honestly believe Guardiola would have got City (with Arsenal's actual players) above Wenger's Arsenal (with City's actual players).

Not by the 33 points that City are above us by, as City do have a stronger squad. But still by a margin. Arsene would have Wengerised City's players at Arsenal to make them worse and a less effective team, while Pep would have Guardiolad Arsenal's players at City to make them better and a more effective team.

Post #472310  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:07 pm 

What on earth is the bloke talking about here....?

Wenger on the players struggling
“When you have just the trousers on it’s easy to take them trousers off as well. When you’re naked completely you have to find a shirt and try to put it on again and then you’re dressed normally again."

Post #472311  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:16 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I can see Conte gone before Wenger.

I wonder what the odds on this would be. Decent bet that

I think he will see out his contract and next season will be a mess. He will never tender his resignation, he's too stubborn and I'm not sure the board has the stones to fire him

Post #472312  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:20 pm 

John wrote:
lomekian wrote:

Indeed.

I'm not saying I'd make that argument. Just that if he wins it, someone (him) could make that argument. If not, he'll have failed by every single measure possible

Post #472313  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:22 pm 

Rich wrote:
What on earth is the bloke talking about here....?

Wenger on the players struggling
“When you have just the trousers on it’s easy to take them trousers off as well. When you’re naked completely you have to find a shirt and try to put it on again and then you’re dressed normally again."

He’s remembering that French rapper he got together with :laughing7:

Post #472314  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:24 pm 

Bernard wrote:
People moan about the players but for me wanting player X replaced by player Y, or wanting player A replaced by player B is no more than a side issue.

Let me put it this way. If Wenger had exactly the same players that Guardiola has had this season, including those up to and after the January window, meaning Arsenal and Manchester City had swapped their squads, I honestly believe Guardiola would have got City (with Arsenal's actual players) above Wenger's Arsenal (with City's actual players).r

Not by the 33 points that City are above us by, as City do have a stronger squad. But still by a margin. Arsene would have Wengerised City's players at Arsenal to make them worse and a less effective team, while Pep would have Guardiolad Arsenal's players at City to make them better and a more effective team.

Agree here.

If you look at Aubameyang, Mhikitaryan and even Kolasanic. These were 3 players extremely rated in Europe who are struggling with us.

I'm less inclined to slag off the players after the latest result. They are pawns in Wengers *%^@ show. Actually it reminds me of this dialogue from Dave Chappeles latest comedy show when discussing apartheid ...

"The end of apartheid should have been a f—ing bloodbath by any metric in human history, and it wasn't. The only reason it wasn't is because Desmond Tutu and [Nelson] Mandela and all these guys figured out that if a system is corrupt, then the people who adhere to the system, and are incentivized by that system, are not criminals.

They are victims. The system itself must be tried. But because of how the system works, it's so compartmentalized as far as information, the only way we can figure out what the system is, is if everyone says what they did. Tell them how you participated."

......basically we are bearing witness to Wengers system

Post #472315  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:25 pm 

Wenger bingo eyes down

Looook!
I beeeleeeve
hostile environment
lack of sharpness
negativity
positivity
30 years
qualiteeeee
heavy legs
sharper
confidence (lack of)
too many games
handbrake (on)

Get your cards out

Post #472316  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:58 pm 

Wenger's says he's the man for the job and he has the quality to shorten this particular crisis. But it ignores the fact that even if the crisis recedes, under his guidance we are weakening year by year as a team.

Post #472317  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:48 pm 

https://twitter.com/nonewcontract/statu ... 57698?s=21

Need to stay till the end

Post #472318  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 pm 

Daz wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I prefer everyone to be against us. It is better if we win because you know for sure the whole world is miserable while you are overjoyed. There is a quiet satisfaction in that.

Oh yes, you guys are always very quiet about your satisfaction when you win. You're admired the world over for your self-effacing reticence in that regard.

Thanks I will pass on the feedback from the homeland. We will continue with our ways having gained your approval.

Post #472319  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:21 pm 

We can’t compete financially with giants like Brighton. One positive -it’s not Bellerin fault.

Post #472320  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm 

Rich wrote:
arsenal manager Arsene Wenger speaking to Sky Sports:

"It's the first time its happened in my whole career and it's not easy. I have enough experience and desire to turn things around.focus

..... focus on the job always you do the right thing and do the things that are right for the team."

yeah I endured this ... in Wengerspeak there is always a little 'out '.... playing the game so soon after etc ....fatigued players , naivety , defence lapse , weren't at the races ; which falls short of grasping the nettle and saying we were sh***t .

I have the experience and desire to turn things around ..... how can you know ..?

You're in uncharted territory first time in your carreer this has happened .

Watched the highlights what a beautiful cross for their second goal ... bisected our two defenders curled in to the blokes head , got to wonder where would we have put that in similar circumstances

........ ten metres over the goal , across the opposite touchline , in a corporate box

[ 559787 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11805, 11806, 11807, 11808, 11809, 11810, 11811 ... 13995  Next