Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, mcquilkie and 312 guests

Post #472481  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:40 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Couldn’t the country get a ‘go fund me’ page up and get the poor bugger over the line by donations. Imagine how he feels when he talks to his friends and has to admit he hasn’t got an account at that bank. He will be marginalised forever. The mental damage is incalculable. Better get the social workers around his house, all hold hands and hum a tune to calm everyone down.

Fine if it were just Nigel Farage BUT it ISN'T. A Ppriest was told to go forth and multiply because he dissed women having penises, amongst many others.

Farage does look and act in a way that suggests male genitalia, .. but I am struggling to see how women and priests come into it.

Post #472482  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:20 pm 

So who is this tv presenter then?

Post #472483  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:23 pm 

socrates wrote:

You don’t have twitter then I guess soc :laughing7:

Surely a damning indictment of Britain that everyone cares about a TV personality taking a picture of his own a****** than anything Important. Obviously of course it isn’t at all a planted diversion to take the focus off Boris refusing to give his mobile phone over to the covid enquiry.

Post #472484  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:52 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

Surely a damning indictment of Britain that everyone cares about a TV personality taking a picture of his own a****** than anything Important. Obviously of course it isn’t at all a planted diversion to take the focus off Boris refusing to give his mobile phone over to the covid enquiry.

I do TG, I just haven't seen who it is.

Post #472485  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:15 pm 

This is a surprise. The guy is quality. Pulisic

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66167900

Post #472486  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:36 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Couldn’t the country get a ‘go fund me’ page up and get the poor bugger over the line by donations. Imagine how he feels when he talks to his friends and has to admit he hasn’t got an account at that bank. He will be marginalised forever. The mental damage is incalculable. Better get the social workers around his house, all hold hands and hum a tune to calm everyone down.

Fine if it were just Nigel Farage BUT it ISN'T. A Ppriest was told to go forth and multiply because he dissed women having penises, amongst many others.

A priest was also turned away from Coots?? Why does a priest have over a million in disposable income??

The tragedy is there are places where the current culture war does throw up genuine questions that require thought and reasoned debate and there aren’t easy answers. I’m not sure I’ve seen you actually nail one. Please whisper it quietly but I’m inclined to agree with TG, the distractions take up the public discourse and the important things get lost in the outrage.

Post #472487  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:38 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Evening Soc,

Weren’t you disbarred from Twitter the other day?

I thought they’d finally seen what the rest of us have seen and they’re finally coming after your Coots account too.

Post #472488  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:42 pm 

DHD wrote:
Parkerknoll Gooner wrote:

Would you stick with Bairstow?

Apologies for the delay PG but yes, I would. Bit like asking whether I’d stick with Root. Class is permanent…

Bairstow didn’t have a great match and indeed he hasn’t had a great series. BUT I think he’s a remarkably destructive batsman who will come off at some point. He’s an ok wk who hasn’t kept for a while; I think he’s got the skill to sharpen up.

Foakes is undoubtedly a better keeper and he’s a decent batter but he’ll never dominate an attack like Bairstow can - and as he pretty regularly has. On the basis of recent series before Barstow broke his leg, I agree with the selection policy and I can’t see it changing.

For me, the difference in the 3rd test was Wood. 96mph is a game changer. All of a sudden, we are competing in the bowling department.

Seems the selectors are of same mind. As you say he will come good again with bat in hand, hopefully he’ll add a bit of glue to his gloves. Would be great to keep it alive until the Oval.

Post #472489  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:53 pm 

Ash wrote:
socrates wrote:

Evening Soc,

Weren’t you disbarred from Twitter the other day?

I thought they’d finally seen what the rest of us have seen and they’re finally coming after your Coots account too.

:laughing7:

Yep, I spent most of my Coots account money on women, booze and gambling.....the rest I squandered

Post #472490  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:38 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
DHD wrote:
As I recall, wasn’t the imposition of the wider, revenue-generating ULEZ restriction imposed on the GLA as a condition for the post-Covid bailout of TFL?

First I've heard of it. There is a current court case against the imposition as Khan's calculations were very iffy.

https://www.transportxtra.com/publications/evolution/news/70727/tfl-gets-fourth-funding-bailout-after-agreeing-to-cost-saving-measures/

This is an extract from the deal:

“Khan has outlined plans to generate around £500m a year by introducing a £2 a day “clean air charge” by May 2024 or expanding the ultra-low emission zone (ULEZ) from the suburbs to the Greater London boundary - or potentially doing both.

He would later scrap the ULEZ and Congestion Charge and replace them with a London-wide system of road user charging by the end of the decade”

Post #472491  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:07 pm 

Is there a shortage of writing supplies in the UK. It was reported on Sky yesterday that Westham were ready to sign off on the Rice deal. FFS can someone drop a pen into their club.

Post #472492  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm 

DHD wrote:
Apologies for the delay PG but yes, I would. Bit like asking whether I’d stick with Root. Class is permanent…

Bairstow didn’t have a great match and indeed he hasn’t had a great series. BUT I think he’s a remarkably destructive batsman who will come off at some point. He’s an ok wk who hasn’t kept for a while; I think he’s got the skill to sharpen up.

Foakes is undoubtedly a better keeper and he’s a decent batter but he’ll never dominate an attack like Bairstow can - and as he pretty regularly has. On the basis of recent series before Barstow broke his leg, I agree with the selection policy and I can’t see it changing...
You are right, it won't change, although a case could be made for playing both Bairstow and Foakes, with the latter taking the gloves and the former as a batsman. Main problem with that is Bairstow wouldn't like it and more importantly he is not looking agile enough as an outfielder in Test cricket. This series his keeping has proved costly and so far his batting has been largely insignificant - only one score over 20 in six knocks. I really hope you are right about him coming off, but it needs to be before The Oval.

I see a lot of Foakes and he is a very gifted cricketer.

Post #472493  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:58 pm 

Another report that it is our lawyers who are delaying the deal by failure to work out the final wording on the contract. What are they working to union rules or something. Work thru the night and weekends and get it done.

Post #472494  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:17 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Another report that it is our lawyers who are delaying the deal by failure to work out the final wording on the contract. What are they working to union rules or something. Work thru the night and weekends and get it done.
Not very seriously, but apart from your good self who cares about this? Also remember, people need their sleep...

Post #472495  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:23 pm 

Anyone know what the local time is for kick off for this game ?

https://www.arsenal.com/fixture/arsenal ... match-news

Their page is 6 days out and I can't be bothered to work it out. ;-)

Post #472496  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:53 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

Not sure I believe that,

He’s on holiday in Portugal and is instagramming pictures of himself. That seems to be the issue

Post #472497  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:31 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Not very seriously, but apart from your good self who cares about this? Also remember, people need their sleep...

Obviously you have not worked in the law. If he doesn’t make the US tour it’s not exactly a great start to integrating with the team.

Post #472498  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:14 am 

warrior wrote:
Anyone know what the local time is for kick off for this game ?

https://www.arsenal.com/fixture/arsenal ... match-news

Their page is 6 days out and I can't be bothered to work it out. ;-)

6pm UK time

Post #472499  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:21 am 

Ash wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

A priest was also turned away from Coots?? Why does a priest have over a million in disposable income??

The tragedy is there are places where the current culture war does throw up genuine questions that require thought and reasoned debate and there aren’t easy answers. I’m not sure I’ve seen you actually nail one. Please whisper it quietly but I’m inclined to agree with TG, the distractions take up the public discourse and the important things get lost in the outrage.

Now you're beginning to sound like TG as well.
Who said the priest was a Coutts banker? What makes you think it's only Coutts doing this?

Boris'sphone was taken by the police iirc and only the known where it is!

Post #472500  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:35 am 

Ash wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Reasonable debate, actually debate, is only being denied by the left. It is the extreme me trans lefties that are trying to stop the screenings of a film about child kidnapping. It is the lefties Uni's that are supporting them.

Post #472501  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:16 am 

I forgot about a few of these.

Post #472502  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:50 am 

Ash wrote:
Are we caring that Farage had his bank account at Coots closed because he literally didn’t meet the eligibility criteria of a million quid??

I’m sure that’s a terrible high society snub for Nigel, but whatever your politics that’s a non story really?

“Rich man isn’t rich enough to have a status symbol bank account for the super rich and has to NatWest it with the rest of us plebs”

It's not just Farage. Other people have had accounts closed.

Post #472503  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:51 am 

Ash wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
If banks are closing bank accounts because [someone doesn’t fulfil the basic criteria to hold an account there] then Banks are operating within normal parameters.

There fixed it for you. Why should Nigel Farage be allowed to hold an account at Coots when he hasn’t had a million pounds in the account (the one basic criteria for holding an account there) for 10 years now?

One could argue he’s been given undue privilege for the past 10 years…

I dislike people being shouted down, or ‘silenced’ or ‘cancelled’ whoever they are, and sure it goes on, but this ain’t it.

And you based this on. Also I have come to dislike people amending other people's posts. It looks like I posted the above.

Post #472504  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:22 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Obviously you have not worked in the law. If he doesn’t make the US tour it’s not exactly a great start to integrating with the team.

Exactly. Whenever my lawyers are poring over a nine figure contract, not only do I keep them in a state of complete exhaustion but I constantly drum into them that the speed of their work is the only thing I care about. Time is money and attention to detail is for pussies.

Post #472505  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:48 am 

Gunfire wrote:
Ash wrote:

There fixed it for you. Why should Nigel Farage be allowed to hold an account at Coots when he hasn’t had a million pounds in the account (the one basic criteria for holding an account there) for 10 years now?

I dislike people being shouted down, or ‘silenced’ or ‘cancelled’ whoever they are, and sure it goes on, but this ain’t it.

And you based this on. Also I have come to dislike people amending other people's posts. It looks like I posted the above.

I own a Nigel Farage duvet don’t you know.

Do you ?

Post #472506  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:53 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

I own a Nigel Farage duvet don’t you know.

Do you ?

Have to confess I own several 'Donald J Trump' belts bought many years ago in America in a time before we knew.

Post #472507  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:01 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
Ash wrote:

Also I have come to dislike people amending other people's posts. It looks like I posted the above.

I think Ash's brackets (especially square brackets) made it pretty obvious it wasn't a quote from you. I certainly didn't find it confusing.

Post #472508  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:02 pm 

Vince Ordinaire wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Exactly. Whenever my lawyers are poring over a nine figure contract, not only do I keep them in a state of complete exhaustion but I constantly drum into them that the speed of their work is the only thing I care about. Time is money and attention to detail is for pussies.

I have to say whilst this made me lol. It’s taking quite a long time

Post #472509  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:57 pm 

Yeah reminder. Don’t buy the sun folks.

A newspaper with literal blood on its hands

Post #472510  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:10 pm 

Pau Torres signs for Villa for about £31m. He was touted at double that to much bigger clubs than villa only a few years back.
Having Emery as manager must have been a big factor there

Post #472511  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:52 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Ash wrote:

Reasonable debate, actually debate, is only being denied by the left. It is the extreme me trans lefties that are trying to stop the screenings of a film about child kidnapping. It is the lefties Uni's that are supporting them.

Speaking as a lefty-ish person. Would love to try to debate ... but need to be able to have clue what you are talking about first. Babbling, lack of attention to grammar, and free association does not lead to clarity. For example, what are "extreme me trans lefties", and how is this related to Farage's bank account?

Post #472512  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:33 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Speaking as a lefty-ish person. Would love to try to debate ... but need to be able to have clue what you are talking about first. Babbling, lack of attention to grammar, and free association does not lead to clarity. For example, what are "extreme me trans lefties", and how is this related to Farage's bank account?

:42laughter: :42laughter: we’ll said !, :53big-emoticons: :53big-emoticons:

I know I figured it out with this guy long ago

Post #472513  Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:52 pm 

Rich wrote:
Pau Torres signs for Villa for about £31m. He was touted at double that to much bigger clubs than villa only a few years back.
Having Emery as manager must have been a big factor there

Or he has been found out to be a "Pépé"? :42laughter:

Post #472514  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:51 am 

Lots of reports West Ham are now not happy with us for delaying the announcement of Rice, I assume because they want to crack on and spend the Rice money and fear missing out on targets.
What goes around comes around I’m afraid.

Arsenal respected West Ham by waiting until after their European final before we bid for Rice, West Ham we’re the ones who leaked everything to the media, West Ham we’re desperate to drag City in to the race to bump up the price, West Ham stalled the deal in the early stages, West Ham wanted every penny they could get from us on the most favourable terms for them…..and now they’re still not happy.

Post #472515  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:17 am 

Linked with Bitello, 23 year old midfielder playing for Gremio. Fee is £8.5m

Post #472516  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:27 am 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Pedant when it suits you.

Take out the me, hopefully even you can make out what I'm saying!

Post #472517  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:29 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:

Pedant when it suits you.

Take out the me, hopefully even you can make out what I'm saying!

Nope.

It seems to me you want to blame everything on a work lefty liberal trans agenda, including Farage's financial embarrassments, Boris Johnson's various indiscretions, etc.

However, I don't think you are utterly stupid, so I feel I must be misunderstanding something.

Post #472518  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:00 pm 

Deli Ali’s interview with Gary Neville is pretty hard hitting stuff. Didn’t know what he’s been through as a kid

Post #472519  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:43 pm 

Rich wrote:
Deli Ali’s interview with Gary Neville is pretty hard hitting stuff. Didn’t know what he’s been through as a kid

It's made me stop and think.

Post #472520  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:09 pm 

john1 wrote:
Rich wrote:

It's made me stop and think.

I have a friend who knew his adoptive family – and Dele – quite well. The parents of his best friend in the M K Dons youth set-up could see he was being dragged down by a corrosive family set-up, so they just took him in. He became one of their family and living in a stable and comfortable household, he flourished. The team-mate, whom he regards as a brother, didn’t make the grade but I believe he became (and still is) Dele’s manager.

[ 481528 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11810, 11811, 11812, 11813, 11814, 11815, 11816 ... 12039  Next