Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, Decaf, mcquilkie and 270 guests

Post #501801  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:34 am 

Yes, my comment on them needing to score 2 at Highbury was wrong, on two counts.

Blame the beer and nostalgia for that.

Post #501802  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:30 am 

john1 wrote:
Yes, my comment on them needing to score 2 at Highbury was wrong, on two counts.

Mate, that's not protocol at all on this forum. First of all you must never admit you were wrong and secondly you must defend the indefensible and try and move the debate to some spurious comments that someone else made to deflect. Remember deny and deflect.

Post #501803  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:34 am 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I agree. But I hope we don't underestimate them. Must play right from the start to give them no sniff.

We need to be ruthless when we have opponents on the ropes, then we can use the fringe players, especially Vieira and Nelson who both look very promising but need minutes.

The worry is that the prospects of Saka in particular ever getting a rest are diminishing.

I share your concerns about Saka and even Martenelli being overplayed. One of the problems with Ces being played so much as a young man, he was burning out at 28yo. Injuries kick in with over use. If we got to win the EPL it would be great but if we don't somewhere down the track exhaustion will cost us and them.

Post #501804  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:35 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
john1 wrote:

Mate, that's not protocol at all on this forum. First of all you must never admit you were wrong and secondly you must defend the indefensible and try and move the debate to some spurious comments that someone else made to deflect. Remember deny and deflect.

Good point.

It must be the boat people making me drink too much, and they are also somehow affecting my memory, and causing everything else that is wrong with my life.

Post #501805  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:38 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Decaf wrote:
We need to be ruthless when we have opponents on the ropes, then we can use the fringe players, especially Vieira and Nelson who both look very promising but need minutes.

The worry is that the prospects of Saka in particular ever getting a rest are diminishing.

I share your concerns about Saka and even Martenelli being overplayed. One of the problems with Ces being played so much as a young man, he was burning out at 28yo. Injuries kick in with over use. If we got to win the EPL it would be great but if we don't somewhere down the track exhaustion will cost us and them.

I am surprised at him playing Saka as much. He is irreplaceable, but Martinelli has some back up in Trossard.

Having said that, maybe they are both desperate to play every game, thanks to youthful exuberance?

Post #501806  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:51 am 

john1 wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Good point.

It must be the boat people making me drink too much, and they are also somehow affecting my memory, and causing everything else that is wrong with my life.

That's better, deflect to boat people. I suggest you go online and become a social influencer. Maybe do a tour of the UK, compare your problems to an exiled Prince and keep publishing but ask daily for your privacy.

Post #501807  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:53 am 

john1 wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I am surprised at him playing Saka as much. He is irreplaceable, but Martinelli has some back up in Trossard.

Having said that, maybe they are both desperate to play every game, thanks to youthful exuberance?

I am sure they do want to play every game but maybe the Europa League away is overstretching it.

Post #501808  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:08 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
john1 wrote:

Yes you are letting us all down John!

You should follow Bubblechris' example and bend over and give us both barrels!

Post #501809  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:22 am 

This is how a great many of our fans feel, perhaps a few on here.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoHuXH9o ... MyMTA2M2Y=

I was listening to a football podcast for the first time. An Arsenal fan who was very critical of the club in the past for looking at top 4 as some goal. He said Man Utd look for the title every year, even in bad years. That's in their DNA, they do everything geared toward the title.

We started doing things geared to top 4. And our history demands we look at the league in the same manner as Man Utd and Liverpool as well I think.

Post #501810  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:54 am 

We’ve won 6 league games when conceding twice. The prem record is 8 wins by Man U in 12/13 season.

Post #501811  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:00 am 

Rich wrote:
We’ve won 6 league games when conceding twice. The prem record is 8 wins by Man U in 12/13 season.

For the sake of my already weakened nerves, I hope we don't have to make it quite that hard for ourselves!

Post #501812  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:09 am 

john1 wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Good point.

At last you understand the problem millions of others have. As for being sarcastic, if that's what you are, you aint funny just showing you need locking away in an asylum for your own good. :42laughter:

Post #501813  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:12 am 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Apologies for the delay, it'll be worth waiting for, the shotgun will be ready soon...............

For a taster google 'Labour and Pie', or Labour Councils and Grooming gangs' :58big-emoticons:

Post #501814  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:19 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Apologies for the delay, it'll be worth waiting for, the shotgun will be ready soon...............

For a taster google 'Labour and Pie', or Labour Councils and Grooming gangs' :58big-emoticons:

Ooh Chris is off down one of his rabbit holes to do some ‘reesurch’.

Hope it’s deserving of your shotgun approach Chris, and not your usual popgun nonsense.

Post #501815  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:02 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Sexual assault doesn’t occur in areas with conservative councils folks. We’ve heard it all.

Post #501816  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:06 pm 

Arsenal have 7 outfield players with more than 1900 minutes played in the league. City have 3.

Players like Mahrez, Foden, Dias, Laporte, walker, stones, Ake, Grealish all have only half to 2/3 of a season in their legs

The players who have played less for us are obvious, we’re going to need bit inputs from Emile Smith Rowe, Vieira, Jesus, Nketiah, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Nelson in the run in - these guys will need to get called on to give the main guys a rest and they have to step in and perform straight away

Post #501817  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:14 pm 

So the BBC have suspended Gary Lineker.

Just another day on Brexit island. A country that has chosen to live in an authoritarian parallel dimension committed to only 1 thing, societal decline.

If anything sums up the state of the country I can’t think of anything more than this.

Post #501818  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:26 pm 

Now Ian Wright has refused to appear tomorrow out of solidarity. If you didn’t love the bloke enough honestly

Post #501819  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:29 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Just another day on Brexit island. A country that has chosen to live in an authoritarian parallel dimension committed to only 1 thing, societal decline.

If anything sums up the state of the country I can’t think of anything more than this.

I take my hat off to him. Good man.

The BBC is a disgrace.

Post #501820  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:29 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Now Ian Wright has refused to appear tomorrow out of solidarity. If you didn’t love the bloke enough honestly

I couldn't love him any more but yeah.

Post #501821  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:33 pm 

Shearer and Murphy are going to look right *%^@ if they don’t follow wrighty now :laughing7:

Post #501822  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:35 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

You're still talking bollox. The only thing wrong with this country is the woke left and amongst the woke left you can include Labour. Sir Keir still dorsn't answer when he's asked if a woman can have a penis. FFS would you vote for him?

Fyi the economy is good and nowhere near as bad as has been claimed since Truss was PM. In fact if she hd not been deposed by the lefty Tories and MSM we would have been in an even better place.

Did you google Labour & PIE or grooming gangs?

Post #501823  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:40 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You're still talking bollox. The only thing wrong with this country is the woke left and amongst the woke left you can include Labour. Sir Keir still dorsn't answer when he's asked if a woman can have a penis. FFS would you vote for him?

Fyi the economy is good and nowhere near as bad as has been claimed since Truss was PM. In fact if she hd not been deposed by the lefty Tories and MSM we would have been in an even better place.

I have no desire in engaging someone who gets excitedly giddy over child buggery. Take a look at yourself

Post #501824  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:16 am 

This Lineker thing is mental. The BBC have utterly *%^@** themselves over this. The tories are finished and only a moron would disagree.

Isn’t that right @bubblechris?

Post #501825  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:23 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I see the village idiot is speaking ,as it happens I’m extremely proud to be woke . Means I’m aware and awake , and use great intelligence in my judgement

Post #501826  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:27 am 

Darren wrote:
This Lineker thing is mental. The BBC have utterly *%^@** themselves over this. The tories are finished and only a moron would disagree.

And sort of cancelling 95 year-old David Attenborough it would seem. The same man who was once Controller of BBC 2! Shameless.

Post #501827  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:22 am 

Darren wrote:

Sadly "only a moron would disagree" doesn't quite mean "The tories are finished".
1. Morons
2. The labour party

Post #501828  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:23 am 

Darren wrote:

I don't know ask TG he's the expert. His response to my Grooming gang question was pathetically moronic. I pity his imaginary children.

Post #501829  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:26 am 

Pete on the beach wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

I see the village idiot is speaking ,as it happens I’m extremely proud to be woke . Means I’m aware and awake , and use great intelligence in my judgement

*%^@ me another moron! Does a woman have a penis yes or no? If you're truly woke it means you have no respect for women. :36angers:

Post #501830  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:30 am 

Newcastle have released 1 share (worth 5p) and ‘bought’ it for £57m…..

Post #501831  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:51 am 

:58big-emoticons: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-29421507

Thank the lord for Collinha.

Post #501832  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:59 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:

*%^@ me another moron! Does a woman have a penis yes or no? If you're truly woke it means you have no respect for women. :36angers:

Why are you so obsessed with penises, toilets and child abuse constantly?

You are projecting aren’t you.

Post #501833  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:22 am 

Had a laugh hearing some of these and a few surprises here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/N7cklr70 ... ture=share

Post #501834  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:08 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:

It’s not a black and white issue , it’s something I’m not totally comfortable with. As a 63 year old heterosexual male , but I have a base philosophy , it’s up to the individual how they identify , and for young people this is a whole different situation . I’ve known at least 4 transitioning students over the past 10 years , which has helped educate me ( there is a lot more nuance beyond this , but I really don’t want to go there on here ) .

A wise man ( actually it was James O’ Brien ) often says “ There’s no point having a mind , if you never change it” , that’s probably Woke in yout book and it is in mine too for different reasons . I also know which one of us is right and is probably less angry most of the time

Post #501835  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:09 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Why are you so obsessed with penises, toilets and child abuse constantly?

You are projecting aren’t you.

Think again am I projecting or are you obfuscating, which translated for your little pea brain means you're avoiding answering the question.............

Post #501836  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:17 am 

Pete on the beach wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

It’s not a black and white issue , it’s something I’m not totally comfortable with. As a 63 year old heterosexual male , but I have a base philosophy , it’s up to the individual how they identify , and for young people this is a whole different situation . I’ve known at least 4 transitioning students over the past 10 years , which has helped educate me ( there is a lot more nuance beyond this , but I really don’t want to go there on here ) .

A wise man ( actually it was James O’ Brien ) often says “ There’s no point having a mind , if you never change it” , that’s probably Woke in yout book and it is in mine too for different reasons . I also know which one of us is right and is probably less angry most of the time

Not at all woke it's a good question but what you don't want and I don't want is the Trans question rammed down our throats left right and centre. One more thing the woke Labour Councils are doing is allowing Trans Men, ie dressed up as women, giving sex education lessons in some schools and talking to very young children about anal sex and the 78 different titles a person can use. There are only 2 sexes, possibly 3, that legally exist and nobody should be persuading youngsters that they are in the wrong body and are entitled to demand a sex change operation. It just isn't right and shouldn't be allowed in any situation.

Post #501837  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:33 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:

Not at all woke it's a good question but what you don't want and I don't want is the Trans question rammed down our throats left right and centre. One more thing the woke Labour Councils are doing is allowing Trans Men, ie dressed up as women, giving sex education lessons in some schools and talking to very young children about anal sex and the 78 different titles a person can use. There are only 2 sexes, possibly 3, that legally exist and nobody should be persuading youngsters that they are in the wrong body and are entitled to demand a sex change operation. It just isn't right and shouldn't be allowed in any ones situation.

You know what ? You don’t exclusively get to choose what “ is right “ , I’m not moving too far onto the various points you make here as this is a football forum and I haven’t got the energy or the time. but , partly information you get comes from what media you consume and I think we all know what yours probably are. Also I have a lot of experience around youngsters , and the idea that these processes and decisions are -in the main - influenced by others is , quite frankly ridiculous , I’m no scientist but biological make up is a complex subject , and that suggesting they do these things on a whim , is well .. as laughable as most of the other regurgitated tabloid garbage you come out with

Post #501838  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:48 am 

Arseblog has a really good take on the whole Lineker thing Imo https://arseblog.com/2023/03/mismatch-of-the-day/

Particularly good from an outside of Britain ( or is that little Englander? ) perspective

Post #501839  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:10 am 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Arseblog has a really good take on the whole Lineker thing Imo https://arseblog.com/2023/03/mismatch-of-the-day/

Particularly good from an outside of Britain ( or is that little Englander? ) perspective

Great write up. The slightly liberal point about lineker is somewhat missed by many. He’s not some screaming Owen Jones type.

Post #501840  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:22 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Darren wrote:

I don't know ask TG he's the expert. His response to my Grooming gang question was pathetically moronic. I pity his imaginary children.

You should stick to football instead of making such ill mannered, stupid, and repulsive statements.

[ 514349 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12543, 12544, 12545, 12546, 12547, 12548, 12549 ... 12859  Next