Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 281 guests

Post #500281  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:08 pm 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Mustafi is in Rich-purgatory? No mention.... :26surprise:

Ah....an oversight as he’s off to Barcelona in January anyway.... :58big-emoticons:

Other than on holiday, I'll believe it when I see it.

Post #500282  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:37 pm 

Lac-a Xhaka Saka :58big-emoticons:

Post #500283  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:00 pm 

Watching some of the Liverpool vs Wset Brom match. I suspect that we are going to find it hard going against this Allardyce organised outfit. Hope not.

Post #500284  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:09 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Watching some of the Liverpool vs Wset Brom match. I suspect that we are going to find it hard going against this Allardyce organised outfit. Hope not.

And now they’ve just equalised. Proper Sam rope a dope tactics.

Post #500285  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:44 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

Doesn't matter who he manages. Fat Sam has it for us. It's very personal for him. His squads usually know he wants our scalp and play accordingly. I hope Arteta knows this. My guess is he'll press and kick us and try and bully us. Fat Sam is a bully and will have his squad playing like his personality.

Post #500286  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:47 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

Mr Allardyce is cut out for keeping poor sides up. It’s what he does. Personally I hope Fulham survive, but under him I think WBA have a decent fighting chance.of avoiding relegation. For any side fighting to stay up I see Mr Allardyce as an understandable appointment.

Post #500287  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:00 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Doesn't matter who he manages. Fat Sam has it for us. It's very personal for him. His squads usually know he wants our scalp and play accordingly. I hope Arteta knows this. My guess is he'll press and kick us and try and bully us. Fat Sam is a bully and will have his squad playing like his personality.

Sounds as though you like him as much as I do.

Post #500288  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:11 pm 

Journeyman manager. Bitter Wenger led the charge of foreign managers for the bigger clubs believing it hurt him from managing the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea or Leeds back in the day. Had a modicum of success with Bolton, rode that for years. Ironically built his side on key foreign players.

Who ever the referee was that managed our game there in 2003, should be strapped to a chair, eyes forced open and made to read all 30,000 of my posts.

Post #500289  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:42 pm 

Quite possibly could still get Rafa Benitez.

Post #500290  Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:46 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Decaf wrote:
I'll be pleasantly surprised if Willian and Aubameyang aren't straight back into the side as soon as they're available.

Aubameyang yes, Willian no and not till he has greatly improved or we have a use for him. Aubameyang because Martinelli is still not sharp enough. Two bad misses amongst others, two too many.

OMG- no wonder you don’t want young players in the team. Better to stick with underperforming players who apparently are allowed the luxury of misses.

Post #500291  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:14 am 

Spurs on a 4 game winless streak ........... long may they continue along this path :53big-emoticons:

Post #500292  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:15 am 

Please Arteta, stick with Martinelli & Emile Smith Rowe for the next few matches (at the least)

Post #500293  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:55 am 

I'm inclined to start the squad Arteta has been playing with players from the Chelsea game on the bench. I assume they will know if they don't play well their starting position are in jeopardy. If the subs change the game positively, there you have it. No excuses.

Post #500294  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:56 am 

Rich wrote:
Linked with Julian Brandt from Dortmund.

Post #500295  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:03 am 

warrior wrote:
Rich wrote:
Linked with Julian Brandt from Dortmund.

Nice to have, would Arsenal go for it ..... and with urgency?

Post #500296  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:04 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Who ever the referee was that managed our game there in 2003, should be strapped to a chair, eyes forced open and made to read all 30,000 of my posts.

There is severe discipline and there’s over harsh punishments. But there’s also sheer, unadulterated cruelty that overlaps enormously with inhumane torture.

Post #500297  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:39 am 

I thought Tierney was the best player on the park v Chelsea. He's been one of the few shining lights through a dismal period.

I like his attitude, his energy and the fact that he never gives up no matter how hopeless things look. Martinelli is a bit like that too. Their combination down the left seems to work well, with Martinell's preference to play as an inside forward allowing Tierney to overlap at will.

Post #500298  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:43 am 

I realise that Martinelli's game time will have to be carefully managed given the injury he's come back from but him, Saka, Smith-Rowe and Tierney give extra energy and urgency to a side that has so often looked one-paced and lacking any dynamism.

I am still bemused by the treatment of Saliba because the options in front of him are not exactly worldbeaters.

Post #500299  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:09 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Aubameyang yes, Willian no and not till he has greatly improved or we have a use for him. Aubameyang because Martinelli is still not sharp enough. Two bad misses amongst others, two too many.

OMG- no wonder you don’t want young players in the team. Better to stick with underperforming players who apparently are allowed the luxury of misses.

So are you saying we shouldn't play Aubameyang until Martinelli is injured and leave a frustrated player on the pitch when he is obviously not quite 100% fit?

Are you saying Aubameyang should leave because of a bad spell more due to the lack of assists than a lack of quality in his play?

Were you saying Sanchez should stay?

Wtf do you know anyway you...............................

Post #500300  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:29 am 

socrates wrote:
I thought Tierney was the best player on the park v Chelsea. He's been one of the few shining lights through a dismal period.

I like his attitude, his energy and the fact that he never gives up no matter how hopeless things look. Martinelli is a bit like that too. Their combination down the left seems to work well, with Martinell's preference to play as an inside forward allowing Tierney to overlap at will.

Future captain as we gradually get rid of the older players

Post #500301  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:32 am 

Touch map from the first half v Chelsea. So much better. No gaping hole in midfield. Xhaka not sat on top of his centre backs. Front players better connected and forming partnerships.
Saka tucked inside and Emile Smith Rowe naturally drifted left, but he follows the ball still as he popped up on the right side to assist Saka’s goal. That’s the positional intelligence we need, you can get away with it if you have the workrate to back it up, which Emile Smith Rowe, Saka and Martinelli definitely have

Attachments:

Post #500302  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:24 am 

Attachment:

Attachments:

Post #500303  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:14 pm 

Never gave it a thought but the suggestion of Tierney being a future captain sounds very good.

Post #500304  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:47 pm 

I would love to know internally who pushed for Pépé over Zaha?

Post #500305  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:17 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

I don’t think either were the answer. Pépé as I understand was pushed forward ahead of Zaha because of his age, he’s 3-4 years younger.
Spending £75m on Zaha would have been ridiculous as well for us, he’d have maybe had more of an impact than Pépé but that is not a wise spending of money for a team who are short of money, had multiple positions to fill, a lot of players on too high wages and an already ageing squad

Post #500306  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:22 pm 

Even if we win our next 4 we might struggle to climb too many places up the table. 4 wins takes us to 29 points. Southampton in 9th have 25 points at the moment so realistically we’re probably only looking at 10th at best after those games, but it brings us back in the middle pack and away from relegation.

4 wins would still be an absolute miracle as far as I’m concerned. 2 draws and 2 wins wouldn’t actually be the worst considering that we’ve only won 1 game in a terrible run

Post #500307  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:23 pm 

david.d wrote:
Stunned by that win yesterday.
Watching it unfold and to see us go 3 0 up and could have been more was incredible. To see the trio of Martinelli, Smith Rowe and Saka so fluid and pressing and pushing was a joy to behold.
Smith Rowe just keeps it simple but there is just something about him and what struck me was how strong he looks.
Martinelli......love this kid! Has balls in abundance and cant believe we got him for 6m!
These are the type of hungry young players we need to be looking at not the past it underwhelming Willian types we keep throwing money at.
Saka is a dream of a player. So young but so classy. These are who Arteta needs to build the team around going forward.
Would he have picked that team if Covid hadn't forced him to? I doubt it but sometimes fortune points you in a certain way and he must not ignore it.
I will be *%^@*** livid if we see Willian and Luiz back in the team on tuesday.
Reward good performances and stop playing the favourites.
Major decision and crossroads for Arteta on tuesday. His team selection will tell us a lot.
Dont *%^@ it up Mikel. Pick the right road.....

Hi David,
Yesterday's win was very much a necessary one. All in all a major boost for the younger players. MA cannot afford to slip up again.

Post #500308  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:36 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Rich wrote:
Ah....an oversight as he’s off to Barcelona in January anyway.... :58big-emoticons:

Oh maybe a swap deal, Mustafi to Barca for Riqui Puig. Apparently Riqui's had falling out with Koeman.

Post #500309  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:39 pm 

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Mr Allardyce is cut out for keeping poor sides up. It’s what he does. Personally I hope Fulham survive, but under him I think WBA have a decent fighting chance.of avoiding relegation. For any side fighting to stay up I see Mr Allardyce as an understandable appointment.

Yep. Just call Allardyce the scrub up king.

Post #500310  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:38 pm 

Zed wrote:
david.d wrote:
Stunned by that win yesterday.
Watching it unfold and to see us go 3 0 up and could have been more was incredible. To see the trio of Martinelli, Smith Rowe and Saka so fluid and pressing and pushing was a joy to behold.
Smith Rowe just keeps it simple but there is just something about him and what struck me was how strong he looks.
Martinelli......love this kid! Has balls in abundance and cant believe we got him for 6m!
These are the type of hungry young players we need to be looking at not the past it underwhelming Willian types we keep throwing money at.
Saka is a dream of a player. So young but so classy. These are who Arteta needs to build the team around going forward.
Would he have picked that team if Covid hadn't forced him to? I doubt it but sometimes fortune points you in a certain way and he must not ignore it.
I will be *%^@*** livid if we see Willian and Luiz back in the team on tuesday.
Reward good performances and stop playing the favourites.
Major decision and crossroads for Arteta on tuesday. His team selection will tell us a lot.
Dont *%^@ it up Mikel. Pick the right road.....

Hi David,
Yesterday's win was very much a necessary one. All in all a major boost for the younger players. MA cannot afford to slip up again.

Hi Zed
Agreed.
He cant afford to slip up again.
I know the fixtures are coming thick and fast but the same team deserves to start on Tuesday.
I dont give a *%^@ who you are. You dont deserve to just walk back into the team after a good performance like that , Aubameyang included.
Gooners up and down the country will be shaking their heads in disdain if Willian iis back in at expense of Smith Rowe.

Post #500311  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:43 pm 

Zed wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Yep. Just call Allardyce the scrub up king.

I cannot stand that fat *%^@.
You know he is absolutely rubbing his hands at the prospect of playing and beating us.
Will never forget how much glee he took in his Bolton days when they did us over time and again.
Especially that 2 2 ??that helped to mess up our title bid.
Would love for him to get relegated and spoil that poxy record of never being relegated.

Post #500312  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:49 pm 

George Graham was rightly maligned for taking that bung back in the day though he will always be a legend for those title wins especially 89.
So why is it after the bung fat Sam took while England manager he seemed to wriggle out of it after a little bad press and bounced back with his reputation more or less intact.
Media *%^@*** Darling thats why. It sucks.
Especially after what the honorable likes of Graham Taylor and Bobby Robson had to go through as England manager.
Fat Sam is a cretin.

Post #500313  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:47 pm 

In the new year Martinelli will need to be added to the Europa league squad meaning a player who is currently in will need to drop out. Hopefully that is done for us with some exits in jan, I’d expect Mustafi or Kolasinac to drop out of Europa for Martinelli anyway

Post #500314  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:49 pm 

I wonder if the signing of Bale on loan will start to get more scrutiny by the media now some of the results have turned for spurs. There are reports spurs are paying his wages (£650k) or paying half his wages (£325k) per week. Either way that is an extraordinary outlay for spurs for a player who is contributing nothing and is regularly on the bench every week.

Post #500315  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:51 pm 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

I don’t think either were the answer. Pépé as I understand was pushed forward ahead of Zaha because of his age, he’s 3-4 years younger.
Spending £75m on Zaha would have been ridiculous as well for us, he’d have maybe had more of an impact than Pépé but that is not a wise spending of money for a team who are short of money, had multiple positions to fill, a lot of players on too high wages and an already ageing squad

Palace put a crazy price tag on Zaha. Nobody was going to pay that and Zaha himself was pissed off because he wanted to join Arsenal. Pépé has a higher ceiling. Who knows if he will fulfil his potential but at the time his signing made more sense.

Post #500316  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:53 pm 

Zed wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Oh maybe a swap deal, Mustafi to Barca for Riqui Puig. Apparently Riqui's had falling out with Koeman.

I'd prefer that little No.10 they have. Handy player.

Post #500317  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:49 pm 

Gabriel has tested positive for covid after self isolating last week due to close contact with someone close to him who tested positive.

Post #500318  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:27 pm 

Express are implying Stan won’t allow money to be spent without players being sold. Trouble is those who many see as surplus to requirements will probably bring in little more than a pittance if sold.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... er-SNT/amp

Post #500319  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:32 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

So are you saying we shouldn't play Aubameyang until Martinelli is injured and leave a frustrated player on the pitch when he is obviously not quite 100% fit?

Are you saying Aubameyang should leave because of a bad spell more due to the lack of assists than a lack of quality in his play?

Were you saying Sanchez should stay?

Wtf do you know anyway you...............................

Thanks for your positive feedback- I will file it in an appropriate place. You may have read a tad too much into my post. Martenelli should become intergrated into the team. Because he missed 2 chances he should not go on Arteta’s list of unplayables as you seem to hint. But Aubameyang should be on notice that he is replaceable. In fact I would pick him for Brighton. By the end of the season I would like to see Martello with around 10 starts in the EPL if he stays fit and likewise for SR.

Frankly Aubameyang has look dispirited and lacking in effort recently. On his wages he needs to do better.

Post #500320  Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:06 am 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Fair enough Rich, that said, and we could wind back the clock. Still the right call? Who knows. Well, at least Palace has him, and I like him there. :58big-emoticons:

[ 551322 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12505, 12506, 12507, 12508, 12509, 12510, 12511 ... 13784  Next