Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: john1, mcquilkie, Rich and 294 guests

Post #500281  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:41 pm 

If Zurich gets a surprise win tonight, we can win the group by beating PSV next week if my math is correct. A draw would mean the same, after further advanced calculations.

Post #500282  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:43 pm 

I didn’t realise bodo were on a 14 straight game winning run at home in Europe. That’s was not an easy game. Rotation level just about right.

9 points from 9 and in a great position to top the group. In fact if PSV lose or draw tonight I think we can guarantee top spot by beating them in the next game

Post #500283  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:51 pm 

Not a lot of performances that stand out today, but I thought Matt Turner did very well with what he had to deal with. Clearly not that comfortable with his feet compared to Ramsdale, but I honestly can't think of a team where the drop off between the starting goalkeeper and the backup isn't pretty significant so it is what it is I guess.

Post #500284  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:12 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Not a lot of performances that stand out today, but I thought Matt Turner did very well with what he had to deal with. Clearly not that comfortable with his feet compared to Ramsdale, but I honestly can't think of a team where the drop off between the starting goalkeeper and the backup isn't pretty significant so it is what it is I guess.

Turner did fine. Regarding some of the fringe outfield players I felt Lokonga was more than decent. Nketiah was disappointing and Holding looked a bit dodgy. Vieira was unconvincing. But a win is a win. Good result.

Post #500285  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:22 pm 

PSV more than comfortably beat Zurich 5-0 tonight. Perhaps Arsenal will do same at the Ems against PSV next week. Err perhaps. Supposing, possibly.
Well why not. :angel4:

Post #500286  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:04 pm 

I am sick of the whinging f...Liverpool supporters and complaints from our game. I absolutely detest that club. But what I hope in the game against City is that Haaland lifts the ball from about 2 metres into a Liverpool arm and a penalty is given. Not once but 3 times in the game. Given they all reckon it was a nail on penalty when this happened to Gabriel, they can have no complaints. Then an exact situation happens with one of their players bought down like Jesus and no penalty is given. They would have to agree with that situation. I personally hope there club starts to freefall season after season from here. Rant finished.

Post #500287  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:09 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I am sick of the whinging f...Liverpool supporters and complaints from our game. I absolutely detest that club…..I personally hope there club starts to freefall season after season from here.

You’re not the only one. I can’t stand Liverpool. Truly obnoxious fans.

Post #500288  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:30 am 

Speaking of.....

Arsenal and Liverpool plan World Cup glamour friendlies as national team fears emerge

The World Cup kicks off in Qatar in just over one month's time and Premier League clubs including Arsenal and Liverpool have organised to play friendlies during the tournament

Liverpool and Arsenal will face AC Milan in friendlies this winter (

Image: Getty Images)

NEWSPOLITICSFOOTBALLCELEBSTVMONEY

By

John CrossChief Football Writer

17:00, 13 Oct 2022

|COMMENTS

Premier League clubs are organising glamour friendlies during the World Cup.

Liverpool and Arsenal have already agreed to play AC Milan during their warm-weather training camps in Dubai. The Gunners are also looking at another big-name opponent having arranged to base themselves in the Middle East so players can fly in from Qatar once their World Cup campaigns are finished.

Dubai is just a 35-minute flight from Doha and other clubs are going to base themselves there to keep the players not involved in the tournament fit and fresh. Premier League bosses are planning to give those players some time off but then set up training camps before domestic fixtures restart on Boxing Day after the World Cup.

Harry Maguire left in no doubt over England role after more Gareth Southgate talks

Thomas Tuchel 'open to' succeeding Gareth Southgate as England manager after Chelsea exit

Perhaps the bigger concern for some clubs is how to manage players who go to Qatar as part of their nation’s squad but then get hardly any game time. If their country goes deep into the competition, they will be lacking match sharpness by the time they return to the Premier League.

There are plenty of strange quirks about how to manage players and their fitness in this unique season but the biggest challenge and worry remains about fatigue and injuries on the back of squeezing so many games in before the World Cup.

Physios and club medics have been in constant dialogue with national associations about players and their fitness and training levels but it remains to be seen whether performances will be affected in the build-up to the World Cup.

Post #500289  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:39 am 

Link for mcquilkie just in case ...

Post #500290  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:36 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Chris you helmet I wasn’t even talking to you.

You do realise though she’s toast though right ? No way will they let her take an election now. It’s just a case of when they decide to boot her not if. She’s going to get mullered at the next election

…. And if that’s the case how has she not screwed up massively.

The funny thing is if she hadn’t gone through with this crazy plan then she would have still been favourite to win the next election but it doesn’t work like that with tories who think that if they offered magic beans and bribes they could have made sure for certain and it backfired

he plan isn't crazy but the opposition from the off supported by the remoaner Tory MPs has made us looke silly.

We are not, we have the strongest growth in the G7 and well mahead nof them all as far as recovery is concerned.

Leaving your childish comments aside let's wait and see. My money is on Truss surviving and her stature going from strength to strength.

Not long now Chris, even Truss and Kwarteng have realised it’s a bad idea :laughing7:

Press release this afternoon and then after the u turn they can get can get back to tackling the real issues their supporters hold so dear to their hearts ….. …………. unused bus lanes, dinghies and the incorrect categorisation of penises :14laughter: :14laughter:

Post #500291  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:02 am 

Final 20 names shortlisted for the Golden Boy trophy - Saka and Foden not on the list but Fabio Carvalho of Liverpool is on it. He's played 9 games for Liverpool and before that he was in the championship

Post #500292  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:19 am 

What I'd like to see in January is another wide attacker and another central midfielder.
As we seem to target flexible players who can play in multiple positions it would be great if the central midfielder can play the deep 'lone 6' role but also move in to a box-to-box role comfortably (there's not many players who can do this and improve us and be attainable and in budget!). I'd also like a wide player who is comfortable from the right or left.

Then if you're being really greedy we should look for another left-sided CB and another striker - but that may be more realistic for the summer

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statist ... evertraege

There are a lot of players out of contract this summer

Post #500293  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:55 am 

Kwarteng sacked. Bloody remoaners sabotaging everything.

Post #500294  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:21 pm 

The audacity of Truss sacking Kwasi for her leadership promises.

To quote Mike Ermantraut… “no half measures”

They only went half way.

At least now they can get back to doing what they do best. ….. Totally screwing up the country

Post #500295  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:56 pm 

What a shocking press conference by Truss. What chaos we are in, represented by a politician simply out of her depth. She used to be my local councillor but right now even that would be too big a job for her. Please, somebody come to our rescue!

Post #500296  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:13 pm 

We've had a fantastic start to the season. One would think being 8-1 after 9 games a fairly healthy lead but no, Tottenham, Man Utd and Chelsea doggedly close. I don't expect Tottenham or Man Utd to lose over the weekend but Chelsea might drop points at Villa...might.

Right now I'd re-adjust our goals to be runner up and a cup. I'd be happy with top 3. If Liverpool goes on a run, they are a top 4 team again, probably top 3 if they play like Liverpool of recent years. People are counting them out of doing much but I won't.

I think most gooners are like me and are thinking about finishing ahead of Chelsea, Man Utd and Tottenham rather than thinking about Man City. Obviously hoping for a Liverpool win this weekend.

Post #500297  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:28 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
What a shocking press conference by Truss. What chaos we are in, represented by a politician simply out of her depth. She used to be my local councillor but right now even that would be too big a job for her. Please, somebody come to our rescue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhTCOVnU0gY

Post #500298  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:49 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc

Post #500299  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:13 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Turner did fine. Regarding some of the fringe outfield players I felt Lokonga was more than decent. Nketiah was disappointing and Holding looked a bit dodgy. Vieira was unconvincing. But a win is a win. Good result.

And Mikel agrees with you about the keeper, as do I.

Mikel Arteta on Matt Turner’s improvement with distribution:

“He’s improving, he’s getting better, we are demanding things that are different to what other managers have demanded him to do. He was much better in the first half than the second half.”

“We can have more control, he was phenomenal in goal, the way he reads the situation, especially the defending the back of the central defenders, when he needs to control the space there, the way he set himself in the one on one situation he had, was really good”

PS. Hopefully we won’t get to see him in the Premier League anytime soon though.

Post #500300  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:39 pm 

I only caught the end of that press conference but that was painful from Liz.

Post #500301  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:07 pm 

Bored wrote:

Surely as bad as you’ll ever see from a sitting prime minister. The way she cut off the questions and ran off was hysterical :laughing7:

Post #500302  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:22 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:

At least she puts it around a bit.

Post #500303  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:04 pm 

| Jesse Marsch on Mikel Arteta: “I think he’s the most underrated manager in the league. With a young team he’s done an amazing job. It’s taken time, he took a lot of heat in the beginning”

This is becoming a recurring theme…

Post #500304  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:22 pm 

Bernard wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

You could say that of a bull in China shop too.

Post #500305  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:52 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Bernard wrote:

You could say that of a bull in China shop too.

I wasn’t trying to defend her. But it arguably makes her seem a little more human.

Post #500306  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:07 pm 

Bernard wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
I thought she is against redistribution...?

Post #500307  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:03 am 

King Henry...He'll have none of Allardyce's Bolton squad.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/411218464 ... 5x8gs&fs=e

Post #500308  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:54 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bored wrote:

Surely as bad as you’ll ever see from a sitting prime minister. The way she cut off the questions and ran off was hysterical :laughing7:

The way she responded to different questions with essentially the same answer was weird. Like a malfunctioning toy robot

Post #500309  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:41 am 

Bored wrote:
The way she responded to different questions with essentially the same answer was weird. Like a malfunctioning toy robot

Reminds me of Ivan Gazidis.

Post #500310  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:00 am 

Bored wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Yep.

Just keep referring to the energy and Putin and pretend we didn’t do this to ourselves.

Even Harry Cole from the sun turned on her and they are mates then after Pestons question she realised she was getting torn a new one and bailed.

Post #500311  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:26 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I am sick of the whinging f...Liverpool supporters and complaints from our game. I absolutely detest that club…..I personally hope there club starts to freefall season after season from here.

I'll be shouting for them tomorrow, however. No question.

Post #500312  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:24 pm 

Sounds like Nketiah tomorrow as no Jesus

Bit of a blow that

Post #500313  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:05 pm 

Viera after the Palace match saying they played with the hand brake on. Where have I heard that before.

Post #500314  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:12 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I'll be shouting for them tomorrow, however. No question.

It makes me feel dirty wanting Liverpool to win, but so will I.

Post #500315  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:11 pm 

I didn’t realise Everton are moving to a new stadium which is due to open for the start of the 2024/25 season. Will have a capacity of 52,888. Been to Goodison countless times so I want to go to the new one. Always seen Goodison as one of the traditional stadiums of English football.

So many have closed or are being closed now including Highbury, White Hart Lane, Upton Park, Maine Road, Roker Park, Filbert Street, even the Dell and soon Goodison Park.

Only Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge, St Jame’s Park, Villa Park, Hillsborough, Elland Road, Selhurst Park, Molineux, and Craven Cottage left.

Although I’ve no doubt forgotten quite a few, quite possibly many, from each list.

Post #500316  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:01 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Bit of a blow that

Is Jesus out for sure ?

Post #500317  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:09 pm 

warrior wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Bit of a blow that

Is Jesus out for sure ?

That’s what’s being suggested. Khayon edwards has travelled apparently

Feels like we are a bit exposed in that position right.

I think Jesus style of play also lends itself to picking up a few knocks too. He wants to commit players which usually leads to fouls

Post #500318  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:19 pm 

Telegraph admits brexit is an economic disaster. They championed it for so long. Slowly very slowly the realisation that will last years has started

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... ght-along/

Post #500319  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:26 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
warrior wrote:
Is Jesus out for sure ?

That’s what’s being suggested. Khayon edwards has travelled apparently

Just a bit.

Post #500320  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:30 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I was saying that all summer. Two forwards, one of whose reputation was at least partially based on a shortish period of good form towards the end of last season, was always likely to be light considering the number of games Arsenal may have to play being back in Europe.

[ 518931 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12505, 12506, 12507, 12508, 12509, 12510, 12511 ... 12974  Next