Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], grantyboy, john1 and 278 guests

Post #472521  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:26 am 

Arsenal youngster Jordi Osei-Tutu to join Cardiff on loan

Post #472522  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:35 am 

HoddGooner wrote:
Haz
Ainsley has cleared up the bollox about “not being given the chance to play in midfield”; this is being totally driven by the club trying raise funds; trust me, Ainsley would rather stay as was excited by the possibility of the project unfolding under Arteta

Thanks for clearing that up, Hodd. He must've not been looked at as a starter then, I assume?

Post #472523  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:29 pm 

If both Bellerin and AMN goes, who is playing RB? I'm at a loss here. I don't get it. Unless we are going with a 3 man back?

Post #472524  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:52 pm 

They must have rated Maitland Niles, he was picked ahead of Saka for the semi and final of the fa cup,

Probably just a case of being able to get a fee for him as opposed to Torreira, kolasinac and the others. Seems a shame, your selling a promising player and good contributor that’s come through the academy because you cant sell Özil who doesn’t even want to play football anymore or Kolasinac who is half the player but has a 100k contract nobody would contemplate

It’s without a question a real shame,

Post #472525  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:04 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
They must have rated Maitland Niles, he was picked ahead of Saka for the semi and final of the fa cup,

Probably just a case of being able to get a fee for him as opposed to Torreira, kolasinac and the others. Seems a shame, your selling a promising player and good contributor that’s come through the academy because you cant sell Özil who doesn’t even want to play football anymore or Kolasinac who is half the player but has a 100k contract nobody would contemplate

That's exactly it. These young british players will always generate a decent fee (unless we let their contract run down!) Ox, Iwobi, AMN. I expect we could get some decent money for Chambers and Holding. But as you say such a shame that the 3 of them should be nowhere near the first out the door.
Still feeling the affects of the disastrous decisions towards the end of Wenger's time on transfer dealings. Even given covid and poor league performances there should be much more money to play with just from generating proper fees from players sold that we could afford to 'write off' those players who contribute nothing AND buy their replacement.

Post #472526  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:08 pm 

There are a few reports saying we've pulled out of the Partey deal as we don't want to pay his full release clause and Atletico won't accept any player plus cash deal.

Boubakary Soumaré is a player mentioned as an alternative. He's also from Lille where we shop regularly now, but Wolves had a bid of 40M euros rejected last year so his price won't be dissimilar to Partey's.

Partey is 27 and Soumare is 21. The later is more the profile of player I think we should be targeting.

Post #472527  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:26 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

That's exactly it. These young british players will always generate a decent fee (unless we let their contract run down!) Ox, Iwobi, AMN. I expect we could get some decent money for Chambers and Holding. But as you say such a shame that the 3 of them should be nowhere near the first out the door.
Still feeling the affects of the disastrous decisions towards the end of Wenger's time on transfer dealings.

It’s just that, you’d only sell chambers or AMN if you can’t sell Kolasinac outright.

Which scouting genius picked him out by the way. There must be better left backs in the championship surely. When his agent got the 110 grand a week contract offer from us he must have fell off his chair.

Post #472528  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:37 pm 

The thing is, Maitland-Niles is at that age where he needs to be a starter. If Arteta doesn't see him as first choice in any position, then it's probably better to move him on, for his own sake as much as ours. Wolves seems like a good club for him, a very good manager and a team that plays football. With the Iwobi fee from last year, that's now about 50m in two years that the academy has made for the club, which is an excellent return. Not all academy players are going to have long Arsenal career, but if we can get a few regulars, and sell some other players here and there for big fees than that's a job well done for the academy.

Post #472529  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:39 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
It’s just that, you’d only sell chambers or AMN if you can’t sell Kolasinac outright.

Which scouting genius picked him out by the way. There must be better left backs in the championship surely. When his agent got the 110 grand a week contract offer from us he must have fell off his chair.

To be fair, Kolasinac was voted into the team of the year in Germany before he joined us. He's not a bad player in my opinion, as long as he's played at left back or left wing back rather than centrally in a back three. Clearly behind Tierney though, so if he's looking to be a starter he should probably find another club.

Post #472530  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:17 pm 

This lad Gabriel seems to have been in a medical for about a week. He must be in BUPA.

Post #472531  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:26 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

To be fair, Kolasinac was voted into the team of the year in Germany before he joined us. He's not a bad player in my opinion, as long as he's played at left back or left wing back rather than centrally in a back three. Clearly behind Tierney though, so if he's looking to be a starter he should probably find another club.

We are going to need a lot of players this coming season with decent cover required in all positions. The compressed season, following on so quickly from the one just finished, is going to put a huge strain on the players. Even if we do avoid our usual injury dramas.

Post #472532  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:30 pm 

Harry Maguire found guilty of resisting arrest, aggravated assault and attempted bribery in a Greek court.

Post #472533  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:33 pm 

It's a serious business for him, but it's hard not to laugh. 'Do you know who I am?' - yes mate, Billy big b*llocks.

Post #472534  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:52 pm 

First, my guess is we didn't really want to sell AMN but had to make a tough choice. The 20 million is needed. Second, I don't think we'll sell Bellerin. Can't see it really happening for a few reasons, one is obvious.
Third, lots of clubs circuling, smelling blood in the water. They know we have to sell, have a lot of talented youth and are going to make bids after turning some of their heads.

Post #472535  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:55 pm 

Tonights friendly on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZufyCMvBVr0

Post #472536  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:02 pm 

socrates wrote:

AMN playing....??

Post #472537  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:07 pm 

Nice finish from Elneny

Post #472538  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:20 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Nice finish from Elneny

Like a new signing.

Nice to see Leno start, there were some reports he had a setback but looks like they were wrong then.

Post #472539  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:27 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Nice finish from Elneny

Like a new signing.

Nice to see Leno start, there were some reports he had a setback but looks like they were wrong then.

Yes Leno looks fine, good to see. My first look at Saliba as well, he's a big unit who looks comfortable on the ball.

Post #472540  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:32 pm 

Great flying header from Holding, unfortunately past Leno.

Post #472541  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:38 pm 

Any other game Elneny's booked for persistent fouling!

Does this mean AMN is staying...?

Post #472542  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:56 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
socrates wrote:

AMN playing....??

Would seem odd if he was about to leave, what if he did his cruciate or something. Very risky.

Post #472543  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:00 pm 

socrates wrote:
Andy Green wrote:
AMN playing....??

Would seem odd if he was about to leave, what if he did his cruciate or something. Very risky.

Strange to me ....would've thought the first half team would start at the weekend against Liverpool

Post #472544  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:28 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
socrates wrote:

Strange to me ....would've thought the first half team would start at the weekend against Liverpool

There were a few starters who I can see being released. Elneny most obviously, but Holding as well. I would prefer AMN to stay, but I’m not sure him starting today means he will be.

Post #472545  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:55 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Harry Maguire found guilty of resisting arrest, aggravated assault and attempted bribery in a Greek court.

Yes happy as opposing fans if it destabilises Utd, but absolutely atrocious decision. Prosecution present evidence in the afternoon, first time the defence has a chance to look at it, then sentenced the same day!? Alright kangaroo court, I mean, Greek justice system. Wouldn’t surprise me if the police are in charge of preparing the prosecution’s case like used to happen here before the CPS was introduced. Expect it to go all the way to European high court if it isn’t overturned on appeal.

Post #472546  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:27 pm 

Ash wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Yes happy as opposing fans if it destabilises Utd, but absolutely atrocious decision. Prosecution present evidence in the afternoon, first time the defence has a chance to look at it, then sentenced the same day!? Alright kangaroo court, I mean, Greek justice system. Wouldn’t surprise me if the police are in charge of preparing the prosecution’s case like used to happen here before the CPS was introduced. Expect it to go all the way to European high court if it isn’t overturned on appeal.

The prosecution evidence was produced the day before the trial. I don't know much about the Greek justice system, perhaps you do. I don't see how you can call it an atrocious decision or a kangaroo court Ash, I'm presuming you don't know any more than me or anybody else. We'll see what happens with the appeal as the defence will have all the time they need.

Post #472547  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:01 pm 

Straight swap ... Guendouzi for Messi

Aubameyang moves central, Willian wide and we deploy Messi as a no10 behind the main striker.

Messi will need to change his mentality though to be part of a hardworking midfield Arteta wants to create rather than the big star.

Worth contemplating probably

Post #472548  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:16 pm 

Arsenal turned down an approach from Monaco for Smith-Rowe. The Monaco transfer guy was at Leipzig when they got Smith-Rowe on loan.
No idea if he'll make it with us but good to see that even in the worst case we should be making £10m plus from him, only going to increase with more exposure.

Post #472549  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:25 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Ash wrote:

The prosecution evidence was produced the day before the trial. I don't know much about the Greek justice system, perhaps you do. I don't see how you can call it an atrocious decision or a kangaroo court Ash, I'm presuming you don't know any more than me or anybody else. We'll see what happens with the appeal as the defence will have all the time they need.

Like he could be bang to rights. That trial process, objectively, was a joke. He didn’t turn up and judge was like ok *%^@ you. How long do you think that process would have taken in the UK regardless of efficiencies or inefficiencies? I’ll give you a clue, more than 2 days.

Post #472550  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:49 pm 

Talking of legal wrangling, Messi has just handed in a transfer request exercising a clause in his contract where he can leave for FREE. Just one issue, it’s only valid if he informs them by 10th of June. His ‘team’ feel that should be extended because the season has only just ended. Good luck with that that! St.Ettiene wanting £2.5M springs to mind...

Post #472551  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:27 pm 

Ash wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Like he could be bang to rights. That trial process, objectively, was a joke. He didn’t turn up and judge was like ok *%^@ you. How long do you think that process would have taken in the UK regardless of efficiencies or inefficiencies? I’ll give you a clue, more than 2 days.

He chose not to appear. In many places across the world you can be dealt with in abstentia. I am not surprised he did not appear as he is trying to avoid jail time. Given on his own story he had been drinking for hours and his version of anything that happened would be suspect I am not surprised. Him and his mates were just being typical wankers abroad. I hope they give him 4 years in jail and issue a warrant for his arrest and seek extradition. f%&$#n Man U wanker and another footballer who thinks they are above the law.

Post #472552  Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:44 pm 

socrates wrote:

Had been on Arsenal Player website as well.

Post #472553  Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:34 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Ash wrote:

He chose not to appear. In many places across the world you can be dealt with in abstentia. I am not surprised he did not appear as he is trying to avoid jail time. Given on his own story he had been drinking for hours and his version of anything that happened would be suspect I am not surprised. Him and his mates were just being typical wankers abroad. I hope they give him 4 years in jail and issue a warrant for his arrest and seek extradition. f%&$#n Man U wanker and another footballer who thinks they are above the law.

I feel sorry for foreign cops who have to deal with p*ssed up Brits on holiday, especially arrogant moneyed entitled ones. Another interesting part of the reporting of this was the description of Albanian 'gangsters', bs stereotyping which is pretty funny given the virtue signalling going on all over football these days.

Post #472554  Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:41 am 

The big non Arsenal question(s).

1. Will Messi demand to leave?
I'd be surprised if he can contractually, but if he 'goes on strike', Barca may have no choice if they can't convince (beg, threaten) him to stay. So, will Messi eventually 'calm down' and stay as it was frustration or will he force a transfer?
2. If Messi leaves, where will he go?
What are the likely clubs?
Juve: It won't happen but wouldn't be a marketing coup if they could persuade him to be Ronaldo's teammate?
City: I have to believe Messi, like most players often wonder what its like to play in the world's most watched league. City have the resources to get him and the team to give him trophies.
PSG: A dream partnership wth Mbappe and trophies.
Bayern Munich: cough..spit..but its a tailor made situation.
Liverpool: Similar to City but they don't have City's resources but their style would suit him.
Real Madrid: Could he pull a 'Figo' ? I would imagine Barca demanding that he doesn't play in Spain if he were to leave and it being a prerequisite to any trade
LA Galaxy: Don't laugh, it could happen.
China: Hmm...not right now but I can see this happening in 2 years time.
The Arsenal: One can dream.

Post #472555  Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:22 am 

Quite funny interview with Luis Van Gaal, he's naming all the players he wanted to sign while he was Man U manager, and is blaming the board for not getting them and one would assume blaming that for his departure and poor results. The list of players is brilliant......Neymar, Lewandowski, Muller, Sergio Ramos, Mats Hummels, Mané, Mahrez, Kante. Almost a list of who's who in the most unattainable players in world football and the best part of £700m worth of transfer fees.

Post #472556  Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:04 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Ash wrote:

Yes clearly he chose not to appear, obviously you can be tried in absentia. Clearly he was pissed up, he may even be guilty of all of it and it might be the right decision, but we’ll never know because the defence team clearly wasn’t allowed to mount an actual defence and the evidence can’t have been examined in that time. The two things, the abuse of process and defendants being guilty, can happen at the same time.

Post #472557  Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 am 

Ornstein now reporting we've rejected the bid from Wolves for Maitland-Niles as we want a higher fee.

Post #472558  Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:06 am 

Ash wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Yes clearly he chose not to appear, obviously you can be tried in absentia. Clearly he was pissed up, he may even be guilty of all of it and it might be the right decision, but we’ll never know because the defence team clearly wasn’t allowed to mount an actual defence and the evidence can’t have been examined in that time. The two things, the abuse of process and defendants being guilty, can happen at the same time.

They would have the right to call evidence and cross examine I feel sure. Just because the prosecution was quick means nothing. I once saw an attempted murder or alternatively GBH with intent to do GBH jury trial take less than 3 hours in Cairns in Australia. There is nothing to suggest abuse of process unless you know more than we do. I hope draw Olympicos next year in the CL.

Post #472559  Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:10 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Ornstein now reporting we've rejected the bid from Wolves for Maitland-Niles as we want a higher fee.

Bid was £20m. He says other clubs (in Germany) interested. It seems like we might have finally grown a pair and read 'selling players for dummies'. We are in a strong position, the player has 3 years left on his deal, plenty of clubs want to take him, he's young and english and the fee needs to represent that. Norwich are talking about £20m for Aarons and £40m for Ben Godfrey, Brighton looking at £40m for Lewis Dunk and bids are rumoured to be around £20m for Ben White a guy who hasn't even kicked a ball in the premier league.

In AMN you're getting a guy who has played 100 games for a big club, has won an FA cup and is versatile to play in a number of positions. I want to keep him but if he does go the fee needs to be a damn sight higher than £20m

Post #472560  Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:31 am 

Really want us to sign a midfielder soon. Not long until the season starts now, and with Ceballos gone, and both Torreira and Guendozi rumoured to be leaving we might be looking at Xhaka as the only senior midfielder who's staying at the club long term. You'd assume anyone coming in would benefit from having a training session or two with the team before playing a game.

[ 529274 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11811, 11812, 11813, 11814, 11815, 11816, 11817 ... 13232  Next