Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Googlebot and 55 guests

Post #321  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:38 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
Am I in

You'll have to ask the missus about that. :icon_mrgreen1:

Post #322  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:38 pm 

Thanks Rog.Love my new avatar My all time favourite Peter Storey in his prime(with the old manual scoreboard in the background)

Post #323  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:42 pm 

Seems strange but when I look to see who is on line it shows google [bot] now thats either a very strange name or we have a robot trying to sign in....

Post #324  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:44 pm 

Darren wrote:
See the swear filter isn't up to speed!!! Whoops!

I tweaked it a bit more ...
It edits differently than the other board (Sigh - like most things on this one) ...

Post #325  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:51 pm 

hoxton square wrote:
Seems strange but when I look to see who is on line it shows google [bot] now thats either a very strange name or we have a robot trying to sign in....

Yes - Google now indexes this page and updates it's database about this place - it does this *very* often

So when people do searches in Google, then it can list this page if their are any search 'hits'.

Actually, anyone can create a search engine (Yep - anyone) - the real trick to it is to have the money to be able to afford the bandwidth to constantly index the web for new content. Poor search companies cannot search the web as often as it costs more $$ - this is why Google has the best search results as it updates very frequently (some sites hourly') while other search companies cannot afford to do so.

Post #326  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:52 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
Thanks Rog.Love my new avatar My all time favourite Peter Storey in his prime(with the old manual scoreboard in the background)

Cool - I thought that was the right one ...

Post #327  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:59 pm 

harlow steve wrote:
Does not look so big after Emirates...

Here's a shot - from our very own Steve Gleiber !

Attachments:
north_b8.jpg
north_b8.jpg [ 52.32 KB | Viewed 6903 times ]

Post #328  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:01 pm 

HoddGooner wrote:
Warrior
How do I make the font smaller on the forum? It's not exactly work friendly in the large font I'm currently seeing :icon_cry:

Bernard wrote:
Darren wrote:
Everything feels really big in here, like it's a forum for the partially sighted or something.
It is all very vivid isn't it.

I will try and fix the IE7 problem after when there are fewer on the forum ... IE7 is not HTML compliant (What a surprise)
The font is perfect in Firefox - Ie 7 is a disaster though .. :sad10:

Post #329  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:16 pm 

Tupac wrote:
Warrior, I cannot fix my avatar. Either its too small or too big. What shall I do?

Is that one still ok ?

Rog ..

Post #330  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:40 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Seems like the swear filter is something you can turn on or of on the Display options? I like that.

I think I just broke that 'feature' :icon_blackeye:

Post #331  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:47 pm 

warrior wrote:
I think I just broke that 'feature' :icon_blackeye:

*%^@!

Post #332  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:50 pm 

Spencer wrote:
Hi all, are we using this forum now? and does anyone know how to use the signature thingy where i can change the text size and font???? do i highlight it all and then click on it?

Hi

I did your font size already for you. I changed the board settings to 140 characters to accommodate the font changes for your signature - (it was already at the previous limit.)

Rog ..

Post #333  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:50 pm 

Seems we were trying to sign Becks a few years ago:

David Beckham nearly returned to England in 2004. According to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, he tried to sign the England international after his first season at Real Madrid but Becks decided to stick it out in Spain.

Le Boss addressed the near move to the Daily Express:

David almost came to Arsenal a couple of years ago when things did not go too well during his first season with Real. I even met the people who took care of his career, but in the end, David decided to remain at Real.

Beckham is now training at Arsenal while he works to keep his place at England and he's years past when AW wanted him. But it is interesting to think that Golden Balls could have been a Gooner

Post #334  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:52 pm 

Blackburn Rovers midfielder David http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3043548,00.html Bentley has revealed that he considered quitting football.

Bentley has admitted that during his time at former club Arsenal he lost his love for the game.

After making just one league appearance for The Gunners, the 23-year-old questioned whether he was in the correct profession.

Post #335  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:53 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Seems we were trying to sign Becks a few years ago:

But it is interesting to think that Golden Balls could have been a Gooner

Judging by the reaction he got before the game on Saturday many in the crowd think that he now is.

Post #336  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:54 pm 

Warrior can you load my old avator for me,I kinda miss the little guy!

Post #337  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:55 pm 

How do I encode links?

Post #338  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:55 pm 

goonerguru wrote:

Whoops and there he is!
How ya doing old mate?

Post #339  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:57 pm 

HoddGooner wrote:
Next problem - trying to use my old avatar, but it now says it's too big!
Any chance you could upload it for me? :happy3:

Fixed ..

Post #340  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:00 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
How do I encode links?

Paste the link within the message - highlite it - click URL at the top - Done

If you mouse over the url, there are other instructions that popup for variations on it - like if you want to embed a word in there as well

Rog ..

Post #341  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:04 pm 

goonerguru wrote:
Whoops and there he is!
How ya doing old mate?
Yes - some people have noticed that avatars don't appear every single time the page is refreshed.

Usually the next page refresh it appears ok though .. - I will try and isolate the problem further in a while ..

Post #342  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:21 pm 

Spencer wrote:
Cheers rog, much appreciated. You can tell me to **** right off after all the work youve put into the new forum, but is there anyway to reduce the number of white lines in between posts by different posters? just seems a little busy....

Yeah - I was gonna try and adjust that but I think internet Explorer and Firefox have some major differences in reading the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) and thus don't share the same outlook on things. The white line reads as a table background - I will try and ditch it if I can but I think that makes the posting boxes have a non-white background.

Post #343  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:41 pm 

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_neutral1: :icon_pirat: :icon_smile11: :tongue1:

Post #344  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:48 pm 

I'll try posting again - no sign of previous effort. :glasses2: :icon_razz1: :sad9:

Attachments:

Post #345  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:51 pm 

Ah good - that worked.
Question to the forum - it's being touted on some news threads that Theo may be loaned out - West Ham mentioned. On the old forum I wondered if he would make it with us. I've seen him play maybe a dozen times over the past two years, and I'm not too convinced if I'm honest. Would a loan out to somewhere so he's less in the spotlight be good or bad for him?

Post #346  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:52 pm 

:confused5:

still not sure about the new forum! (sorry warrior dont mean to risk your upset after all your efforts!)

The layouts a bit odd and its a bit like some sort of communicating tool for deaf people and mute people.

any way of making the fonts smaller as well?

However the smilies are wicked! :icon_spiderman:

and i love my new avatar!

Post #347  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:00 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

still not sure about the new forum! (sorry warrior dont mean to risk your upset after all your efforts!)

The layouts a bit odd and its a bit like some sort of communicating tool for deaf people and mute people.

Look it's of course down to personal choice... But it's a forum... Can't see it looks that bad...Like everything in life, nothing is going to keep everyone happy... For every 1000 people given a million, I'm sure someone would complain about it not being 1,000,001 pounds...

Oh! and one last thing Toppy, your avatar is quality...

Post #348  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:02 pm 

Tupac wrote:
Yea Warrior that is ok. Thanks for your assistance.

FAO AmericanGooner. What did you think of Alex Ferguson advising Alex Mcleish on how to get a result against us? Do Man Utd have a hidden/unfair advantage in that many of Ferguson's disciples now work in the EPL as managers? Many of their teams dont play against Man Utd in the same intensity that they do against us. I feel at times they are more motivated by a potential pat on the back/well done by Fergie than they are actually getting their team a result! I even heard Sam Allayrdce told his team not to show up in the 2nd half against Utd when he received his p45 :)

Saw 'No Country for Old Men' the other day. Very deep film and the baddie in it is the greatest bad ass in film since Denzel's character in Training Day!

First of all Tupac, good to have you back on the forum. Its not against the rules for Fergie to advise our opponents. I do think (and most would) its unsporting. There is a double standard. If Wenger had done the same, he'd be called unsportsmanlike and rightfully so. The press gives him a pass. Fergie thinks he's above the game at times which doesn't shock me. He's got a history. He talked to Allardyce before our match with Bolton in '03 and with Jewell before the 2nd leg of the league cup semi final as well in hopes that man yoo wouldn't face us in the league cup final. I would not be surprised if there were other incidents. I think he spoke to O'Leary before a Leeds match in '99 I think as well. The press says nothing. They see it as the actions of a wily old fox instead of being unsporting.

Allardyce likes beating the top clubs. He beat man yoo in consecutive season 1-0 a few years ago (i think it was '03 and '02, not sure).

Post #349  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:08 pm 

harlow steve wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Look it's of course down to personal choice... But it's a forum... Can't see it looks that bad...Like everything in life, nothing is going to keep everyone happy... For every 1000 people given a million, I'm sure someone would complain about it not being 1,000,001 pounds...

Oh! and one last thing Toppy, your avatar is quality...

:thebirdman:

calm down i was just commenting, not slagging it. Just needs a little getting used to thats all.Like you said theres good and bad points to anything.

:thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman:

Post #350  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:11 pm 

Folks i'm looking to buy a new motor i want to get a reasonably fast coupe on a budget of 14-18k? Anyone got any recommendations ?

Post #351  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:21 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

It's still a work in progress - plus it's still early days -I can't modify the font (for Internet Explorer) until it gets quieter in here (The style sheet needs to be done 'live')

For now, a super quick fix for Internet Explorer users is to hold down your control key on your keyboard, then roll your mouse wheel to adjust the size to what you like.

When viewing other web pages, you may want to put it back using the same method.

Post #352  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm 

Darren wrote:
Your avatar is scaring me a bit John. It's f**ing ginourmous.

Imagine a giant leprechaun. Crazy or what.

Post #353  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:33 pm 

John wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Edit: Managed to find some YouTube clips. Her accent is like music to my ears!

We Dubs have a World Class accent, no doubt about it. Unfortunately the same can't be said for our bogger and northie relations.

The Dublin is hideous and reeks of criminality which is why in most adds and spoofs the thieves and chancers always have Dublin accents. :41laughter:

Post #354  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:39 pm 

Chippys Chisler wrote:
I have found that too, even in a country as small as Ireland you find more articulate people the futher south you travel. Its obvious even in Dublin where Southsiders are generally deemed to be more intelligent and understandable than Northsiders.

Yeah, the exception in Sweden is the most southern part, Skåne (Scania). The people there are even harder to understand than our northeners for some reason.

Post #355  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:41 pm 

I‘m sure I speak for everyone when I offer a huge thankyou to Rog and the admin team for updating the forum. Design is a very subjective thing so there will always be some disagreement concerning the visual quality of the site, but suffice to say, that even if you are complaining, that is testament to the efficiency of the site - it works and eveybody has access to other forum people. I can only imagine how much work has gone into all this - absolutely first rate!

Post #356  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:42 pm 

Nothing to suggest from this that Vela is coming to Arsenal this month.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... n+and+Vela

Post #357  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:45 pm 

Someone posted this last year - time it was seen again . . .

Attachments:

Post #358  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:47 pm 

Mee wrote:
I‘m sure I speak for everyone when I offer a huge thankyou to Rog and the admin team for updating the forum.!

Agreed but would love to get the old return to last post you read. It's a pain wading through posts to locate the last one. :angry6:

Post #359  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:47 pm 

try again

Attachments:

Post #360  Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:51 pm 

Mee wrote:
I‘m sure I speak for everyone when I offer a huge thankyou to Rog and the admin team for updating the forum. Design is a very subjective thing so there will always be some disagreement concerning the visual quality of the site, but suffice to say, that even if you are complaining, that is testament to the efficiency of the site - it works and eveybody has access to other forum people. I can only imagine how much work has gone into all this - absolutely first rate!

Thanks .. :toothy6:

[ 390287 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 9758  Next