Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Bing [Bot], dec, Decaf, gooner7, mcquilkie, Rich, warrior and 410 guests

Post #482881  Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:50 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Tickets for the League Cup final are still on sale on Arsenal.com. Is this what is happening to the club? Apparently having difficulty selling out a cup final being played in North London.

I definitely wouldn't be welcome. Been there for a League Cup Final, starting with Leeds Utd and then Swindon Town all those years ago (got in by cutting out tokens from my match day programmes - hated doing that) and finishing off with the Birmingham City debacle. I've never been there for a League Cup win.

Post #482882  Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:37 pm 

[quote="long time gooner"][quote="Bernard"]Tickets for the League Cup final are still on sale on Arsenal.com. Is this what is happening to the club? Apparently having difficulty selling out a cup final being played in North London.[/quote]
I definitely wouldn't be welcome. Been there for a League Cup Final, starting with Leeds Utd and then Swindon Town all those years ago (got in by cutting out tokens from my match day programmes - hated doing that) and finishing off with the Birmingham City debacle. I've never been there for a League Cup win.[/quote]
I went to the Leeds and Swindon finals too, as well as the Luton and Birmingham ones. I even went to the Chelsea defeat in Cardiff. Fortunately, however, I also went to the wins against Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday.

Post #482883  Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:59 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Fortunately, however, I also went to the wins against Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday.

Nice. I wish that I'd been able to get to those ones.

Post #482884  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:46 am 

So, all the EPL clubs are still in the CL, will any of them win it this season? Or is Barcelona just too strong? Pep and Mourinho have won it multiple times and know how to win it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see any side win it with the possible exception of Chelsea. But who knows.

Post #482885  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:58 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I wonder if we are the favorites for the Europa cup? Dortmund, Milan, Atletico, Lyon, Napoli, Lazio, Marseille, Sporting Lisbon would have to be the best of the lot.

I could easily see us going out to most of those sides if we don't play decently. Milan is the biggest name but its not the '91 Milan side by any stretch. Atletico I would deem the favorites. Recently in european finals. Second in la Liga ahead of Real Madrid.

With this current lot, and their lackadaisical style of play, I do not see us winning the Europa Cup. Xhaka is the biggest culprit of the lot. He is just too lackadaisical in his approach. And this comes at a time when we are in very serious need of a strong defensive midfielder or an effective offensive midfielder, which he is neither. Sad days for us. I don't like this vein of thinking about Arsenal or our players, but it is all there to be witnessed.

Post #482886  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:15 am 

I'd love to see us break the bank on a dominating defensive center mind like Kante. Or someone in that vein. I'd prefer Coq as center mid to the current crop. He regressed a bit perhaps or so it seems but I would suggest when he seemed so the whole squad was playing badly. Then of course his injuries. Just saying at least he put himself about and got stuck in and tried to protect the back line. Wenger only spends his biggest transfers on attacking players and rolls the dice on defense.

Post #482887  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:39 am 

Apparently we’ve conceded 22 penalties in the league in the past 2 seasons.

Post #482888  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 pm 

Rich wrote:
Apparently we’ve conceded 22 penalties in the league in the past 2 seasons.

edit: read this stat online and it has since been corrected. The stat is total penalties in arsenal games.

For pens conceded it is 4 this season in the league and 10 last season. That's just under 1 in every 4 games

Post #482889  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:05 pm 

Dembele is getting a lot of plaudits recently, he really does make Spurs tick and dictates the pace of the game and can easily up the tempo himself.
Strange that he doesn't have a single goal or assist in the league this season. Shows you need to watch games rather than just rely on stats.

The other one is Kane has a no better strike conversion rate than most of the other strikers in the league, but the shear quantity of shots and chances he has leads to the huge amount of goals he gets

Post #482890  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:17 pm 

I want Ospina subbed on if it seems like its going to go to PKs for the league cup final what should be for obvious reasons.

Post #482891  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:26 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I want Ospina subbed on if it seems like its going to go to PKs for the league cup final what should be for obvious reasons.

Surely Ospina will be in the starting eleven for the League Cup final anyway.

Post #482892  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:37 pm 

Bernard wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Surely Ospina will be in the starting eleven for the League Cup final anyway.

No doubt at all.

Post #482893  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:48 pm 

I see this as a positive - Josh K doing a review on how the club is run.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html

Post #482894  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:59 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I see this as a positive - Josh K doing a review on how the club is run.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html

Be interesting to see what his conclusions are, although they may end up hidden from the likes of us.

Seeing the quarter final draw, I'll be surprised if the four FA Cup semi-finalists aren't Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham and Chelsea. Chelsea look under the most threat, as they've got a difficult tie against Leicester in the next round, even though I still make Chelsea the favourites between them.

Post #482895  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 am 

I can see a case for getting one gun in under certain situations in America. For protection or hunting. Even then it depends on the circumstances. High crime area, etc, as opposed to a suburban area where crime is pretty much non existent.
Anything over one gun and you are a gun enthusiast. A small percentage of people own almost all of the guns. Absolutely no use for automatic weapons other than you have an obsession with them.

Attachments:

Post #482896  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:31 am 

C'mon Rochdale, Brighton and Wigan. Do us all a favor. :icon_mrgreen:

Post #482897  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:19 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:

You really are a *%^@ and still do not understand the game and never will it appears.

We want the top 4 teams to stay in the cup not come out of it now. The more games they have the less likely they are to win all their remaining games. Who wins is of no relevance to us.

Of course you could be neither you could just be adopting Daz tactics which just makes him as bad as you.

Post #482898  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 am 

Sanchez one excellent assist in the game.

Makes him well worth his wages.

Good to see him in his favourite position as wrecking ball for a Mourinho team bereft of balance.

Post #482899  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:01 am 

After 160 games without a goal for arsenal Coquelin has scored for Valencia in his first handful of games!

Post #482900  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:27 am 

Rich wrote:
After 160 games without a goal for arsenal Coquelin has scored for Valencia in his first handful of games!

and it was a good header from a corner.............

Post #482901  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:15 am 

bubblechris wrote:
We want the top 4 teams to stay in the cup not come out of it now. The more games they have the less likely they are to win all their remaining games. Who wins is of no relevance to us.

Can't see them playing more games by not being knocked out has much relevance to us as we're so unlikely to finish in top four.

I don't want Manchester United to win it. If they do, Arsenal will no longer alone be the record winners of the FA Cup.

Post #482902  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:03 am 

bubblechris wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

You really are a *%^@ and still do not understand the game and never will it appears.

Of course you could be neither you could just be adopting Daz tactics which just makes him as bad as you.

Speak for yourself I don’t , obviously cos my affiliation to the Albion on the one hand , and secondly I’m past the point of caring about arsenal getting in the top 4 ( seems I’m not the only one) whilst the odious Wenger stays in charge

Post #482903  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:23 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Rich wrote:

and it was a good header from a corner.............

A prime example of a player that got Wengered.

Post #482904  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:59 am 

Arsenal looking at a sleeve sponsor for the 19/20 season. I think this is when puma and emirates ends.
Apparently we lose £100m per season in commercial revenue on Man U. Now there’s no way we can match Man U, but there is no reason that gap shouldn’t be closed and at least the same as the other big clubs.
Man U get their training tops sponsored. Why can’t we have a training top sponsor? I assume it is because we’d naively ties ourselves 100% in tothe emirates deal - which is why we don’t have sleeve sponsors this year. Chelsea have previously bought themselves out of poor commercial deals taken the penalty and moved forward with a better deal.
£8m per season for sleeve sponsor. All of this off field commercial deals has zero impact on in pitch performance so no reason to go very bullish for them

Post #482905  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:03 pm 

So Kroenke Jr. is on his way over to London for 3 months, I feel better already...

Post #482906  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:42 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Can't see them playing more games by not being knocked out has much relevance to us as we're so unlikely to finish in top four.

I don't want Manchester United to win it. If they do, Arsenal will no longer alone be the record winners of the FA Cup.

I don't want Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea or the Manchester clubs to win anything. In this boring money age, a small team knocking out one of the big guys is as good as it gets. I'd love to see a club like Southampton win the cup.

Post #482907  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:47 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
So Kroenke Jr. is on his way over to London for 3 months, I feel better already...

How Josh views us is what the future of Arsenal will be. His father is 70. Maybe he lives another 15 or 20 years or maybe not. If its shorter, then Josh will be running things. Either way he'll be running things at some point. Will he pee assets like his father has until the future of the market dictates its a better option to cash out or he has different views?

Post #482908  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:58 pm 

When we went 10 years without a trophy the view was pretty much completely universal in the media that we HAD to win a trophy. Now you have Liverpool and Spurs with only 1 league cup win each in the last 10 years and the media is pretty much split down the middle about whether they have to win trophies or that their progression is enough.

Perhaps it was we came from a much higher start or maybe it is a back handed compliment because we are expected to win trophies whereas those two aren't - which is being unfair or very easy going (depending on your viewpoint) on Liverpool at least.

Post #482909  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:03 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Of course we all know that one of my most regrettable characteristics is starting arguments for no reason so imagine my surprise when I saw I was at it again here.

Putting that to one side though, do you think: "you really are a *%^@" is the greatest opener when it comes to a disagreement over rivals staying in the cup?
It feels a very blunt instrument, we're not really in Oscar Wilde territory are we?

I wonder whether you have ever considered a dog? Man's best friend and all that, plus a little walk and maybe throwing them a stick is a good way of releasing the pent-up resentment and anger that you currently expend - wastefully in my opinion - being rude to strangers on the internet.

Free advice: take it or leave it.

Post #482910  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:07 pm 

Daz wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Of course we all know that one of my most regrettable characteristics is starting arguments for no reason so imagine my surprise when I saw I was at it again here.

Putting that to one side though, do you think: "you really are a *%^@" is the greatest opener when it comes to a disagreement over rivals staying in the cup?

It feels a very blunt instrument, we're not really in Oscar Wilde territory are we?

I wonder whether you have ever considered a dog? Man's best friend and all that, plus a little walk and maybe throwing them a stick is a good way of releasing the pent-up resentment and anger that you currently expend - wastefully in my opinion - being rude to strangers on the internet.

Free advice: take it or leave it.

:53big-emoticons:

Post #482911  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:16 pm 

This is still an Arsenal forum as far as I am aware and until it isn't I will continue to believe that AG is talking through his arse and, that anyone who prefers to espouse that AW is the only thing that counts and does not want the best for the team, is likewise a *%^@ and not worthy of anything but derisory comments imo.

If you don't like that Daz then shove it in your pipe and smoke it.............................

Post #482912  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:38 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
This is still an Arsenal forum as far as I am aware and until it isn't I will continue to believe that AG is talking through his arse and, that anyone who prefers to espouse that AW is the only thing that counts and does not want the best for the team, is likewise a *%^@ and not worthy of anything but derisory comments imo.

If you don't like that Daz then shove it in your pipe and smoke it.............................

Well it's not so much that, I just feel that opening a post and calling somebody a *%^@ for not sharing your particular (and, if you'll forgive me for saying so, rather banal) viewpoint is not really what this particular Arsenal forum is about. Sure there's plenty of argy-bargy and for somebody who prides myself on my quiet gravitas I am often there or thereabouts. I am on AG's blocklist along with 90% of the other miscreants on here. But I always think leaven it with a bit of wit or charm you know?

Or get a dog.

Post #482913  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:53 pm 

How the *%^@ are Rochdale 11 pts from safety in league 1?

Post #482914  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:55 pm 

John wrote:

You really are a *%^@.

Post #482915  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:00 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

In that case i’ll Take desirory comments all day long , Arsenal F.C. is on ice for an increasing number under Arsene F.c is flushed out ,

As you said it’s about, opinions for many clubs are treating fans cynically like consumers with the idea that they will just accept it, trouble is over time the goal posts move and that’s where some reach a line in the sand

So yes in your eyes some of us are out of order , but for us many have got the credentials of years and years of support , so we have earned the right

Post #482916  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:05 pm 

Daz wrote:
John wrote:

You really are a *%^@.

Hard to argue with that.

Post #482917  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:07 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

Didn't realise you were a pipe smoker Daz. You *%^@.

Post #482918  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:51 pm 

Yay!!!!!! Nice one Rochdale :1laughter:

Post #482919  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:53 pm 

Rochdale doing the unbelievable. Losing 2-1 with a minute to go they equalise with a second goal.

Comms saying it's a replay at Wembley. Isn't that better than Spurs losing?

Twats........

Post #482920  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:53 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Yay!!!!!! Nice one Rochdale :1laughter:

Looked like spurs had edged it with a late penalty (Ali winning one that was an actual foul for once), but then Rochdale pump the ball in the box in the 93rd minute and snatch a 2-2. Deserve their trip to Wembley.

[ 572030 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12070, 12071, 12072, 12073, 12074, 12075, 12076 ... 14301  Next