Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, mcquilkie and 291 guests

Post #472001  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:04 am 

Parkerknoll Gooner wrote:
Quite a good set of opening fixtures for us, fully expecting maximum points from the first six games COYRs

A stroll .... :12hello-bye:

Post #472002  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:25 am 

West Ham have turned down our initial bid for Rice according to Jacob Steinberg and City now in for him according to Ornstein.

Post #472003  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:55 am 

Full set of fixtures.

Looks pretty good to me. Nice first 3 games, home finish.

The only tough part is having to play 4 of our toughest away games of the season in the last 9 games!

Attachments:

Post #472004  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:55 am 

Easy start to the year but Spurs and Man U away in our last 4 games.

Post #472005  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:57 am 

Darren wrote:
West Ham have turned down our initial bid for Rice according to Jacob Steinberg and City now in for him according to Ornstein.

Supposed offer was £80m plus £10m add ons - West Ham want at least £100m

Don't like the idea of City getting involved. Lots of talk that Rice wants to stay in London. Is that enough to persuade him not to go to City?

Post #472006  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:40 am 

Get it done lads this is going to be such a *%^@*** pain if this gets mudrykd

Post #472007  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:51 am 

If you want an understanding of how West Ham do business I would urge you to read the book ‘legacy”by Michael Gillard. Details the tactics employed to ensure West Ham got the London stadium deal also their links to some seriously ‘proper” people.

You’ll need to move quickly and not dwell because those people are born spivs and will want to create an auction.

Post #472008  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:49 am 

Each of our champions league games is followed by a home match. That’s quite good because we’ll be more fatigued and although there are no easy games in the league there are some that the best teams can win even if they’re at 80% or need to rotate a bit

Post #472009  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:03 pm 

warrior wrote:
I have it on good authority that these are next seasons EPL fixtures. Dates to be confirmed.

Seems about right.

Forest - Home
Manchester City - Away
Liverpool - Away
RB Leipzig - Away
Benfica - Home
PSG - Away
Barcelona - Away
Napoli - Away
Real Madrid - Home
Bayern Munich - Away
RB Leipzig - Home
Liverpool - Away
Benfica - Away
PSG - Away
Barcelona - Home
Napoli - Away
Real Madrid - Away
Bayern Munich - Home
Manchester City - Away
RB Leipzig - Away
Liverpool - Away
Benfica - Home
PSG - Away
Barcelona - Away
Napoli - Away
Real Madrid - Home
Bayern Munich - Away
Manchester City - Away
RB Leipzig - Home
Liverpool - Away
Benfica - Away
PSG - Away
Barcelona - Home
Napoli - Away
Real Madrid - Away
Bayern Munich - Home
Manchester City - Away
AFC Richmond - Home
Be careful of Richmond. A dangerous team.Their captain is that bloke we never managed to sign - Tot Ali Uzelez. How Arsene tried but could never convince The Bored to splash the cash on him.

Post #472010  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:06 pm 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... city-offer

Quote:
Rice is Mikel Arteta’s top target and it is likely Arsenal will improve their bid. However West Ham, who expect to sell their captain, have had indications that City could try to sign the England international. A source predicted the champions would “blow Arsenal out of the water” with their offer for Rice.

:8angers:

Post #472011  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:06 pm 

The scythe takes its daily toll, but news of Glenda Jackson's passing will be sad for "My Generation." Women in Love - she was magnificent.

Post #472012  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:42 pm 

You won't hear Sky Sports or ESPN say this

Attachments:

Post #472013  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:58 pm 

We've pulled out of the Caicedo race. He's off to Chelsea.

*Edit - Although Fabrizio Romano says nothing fully agreed yet.

Post #472014  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:02 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
The scythe takes its daily toll, but news of Glenda Jackson's passing will be sad for "My Generation." Women in Love - she was magnificent.

What an actress she was. Very sad news.

Post #472015  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:11 pm 

What the hell does Mikel and Edu see that the rest of us are missing regarding Havertz that is worth at least 70 mil?

Post #472016  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:14 pm 

Who chooses these songs? Still looking through Mikel tinted glasses, still not seeing the 'it' factor. 24 is a good age. Play where?

Post #472017  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:41 pm 

Why would we cool our interest in caicedo if we wernt confident on Rice

Post #472018  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:50 pm 

Darren wrote:
We've pulled out of the Caicedo race. He's off to Chelsea.

*Edit - Although Fabrizio Romano says nothing fully agreed yet.

Id rather we spent our money on Caicedo than Havertz. As much as I'd like another forward we scored more goals last year than any year since 1964, and that was with Jesus injured for 3 months.

Even if Rice and Caicedo were our only bits of business this summer it would be phenomenal

Post #472019  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:26 pm 

Wow, we were that bad?! Tottenham as well and how did Carlisle even make it up in the first place?

Final Division One table 1974/75.

Attachments:

Post #472020  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:44 am 

Rich wrote:
Full set of fixtures.

Looks pretty good to me. Nice first 3 games, home finish.

The only tough part is having to play 4 of our toughest away games of the season in the last 9 games!

Imagine clinching the title at Old Trafford? That would be great day.

Post #472021  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:45 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

I believe Spurs will not be a serious threat in the new season

Post #472022  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:29 am 

gooner7 wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I believe Spurs will not be a serious threat in the new season

They need a rebuild. Not sure Ange is the person who they will have the patience with. But I never write any team off before the season commences.
I would never want a NLD away in the last couple of games.

Post #472023  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:22 am 

Whatever position we need to be in, we better have it sewn up by mid April. Going to WHL and Old Trafford among the last 4 fixtures doesn't bode well.

Post #472024  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:57 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Whatever position we need to be in, we better have it sewn up by mid April. Going to WHL and Old Trafford among the last 4 fixtures doesn't bode well.

No point analysing it too much the fixtures all get moved around anyway!

Post #472025  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:54 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Wow, we were that bad?! Tottenham as well and how did Carlisle even make it up in the first place?

Final Division One table 1974/75.

1974/75 was an incredible season. With four or so games left (42 in the season at the time, two points awarded for a win), there were at least six clubs still in contention for the title. Meanwhile, we were a scary two points clear of the relegation zone, despite only having conceded 43 goals in 36 games (more or less our record last season). Sorry the pic is a bit blurry.

Attachments:

Post #472026  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:38 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
How did Carlisle even make it up in the first place?
Manager Alan Ashman had a lot to do with it.

Post #472027  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:07 pm 

The Arsenal 1st team squad with the FA Cup at Highbury, August 1979. Back row (left-right): Terry Neill (manager), Don Howe (coach), Liam Brady, Steve Gatting, John Devine, Steve Walford, Pat Jennings, Paul Barron, David O'Leary, Sammy Nelson, Malcolm MacDonald, Fred Street (physiotherapist), Wilf Dixon (assistant coach). Front row: Alan Sunderland, Brian Talbot, Graham Rix, Richie Powling, Frank Stapleton, Pat Rice, Willie Young, David Price, John Hollins.

Attachments:

Post #472028  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:09 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
How did Carlisle even make it up in the first place?
Manager Alan Ashman had a lot to do with it.

I love looking at old stuff (old to me, maybe not to some of you) and its always a rabbit hole. I see something interesting and then start looking it up, etc.

Post #472029  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:12 pm 

C'mon Carlisle!

It's only Chelsea, c'mon.

Post #472030  Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:05 pm 

Seeing the passing of Gordon McQueen took me back to that brilliant Cup Final day at Wembley.

Me and my mates all met up at the Swiss Cottage pub for a couple of swift pints. While there we all chipped in a tenner and had in on AFC to win 2:0

Off we went to Wembley....Bakerloo Line....?..... and were comfortably in control....two up with a few minutes to go ....then McQueen scores....ah well we've done our bet but so what we are going to win the Cup....(it was a much bigger deal back then).....aargh no McIlroy equalizes.....ah bollocks....then the inestimable Chippy drives on knocks it to Rixy who crosses for the (in my opinion) under rated Alan Sunderland at the back post. 3:2 Cup Final Magic

Oh what a day....back up the West End for a proper drink.....I think I finished up in The Cavalier in Russell Lane in Whetstone rather the worse for wear

Post #472031  Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:43 pm 

Brexit update. It’s great !

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... brexit-tax

Post #472032  Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:52 am 

Andy Green wrote:
Seeing the passing of Gordon McQueen took me back to that brilliant Cup Final day at Wembley.

Me and my mates all met up at the Swiss Cottage pub for a couple of swift pints. While there we all chipped in a tenner and had in on AFC to win 2:0

Off we went to Wembley....Bakerloo Line....?..... and were comfortably in control....two up with a few minutes to go ....then McQueen scores....ah well we've done our bet but so what we are going to win the Cup....(it was a much bigger deal back then).....aargh no McIlroy equalizes.....ah bollocks....then the inestimable Chippy drives on knocks it to Rixy who crosses for the (in my opinion) under rated Alan Sunderland at the back post. 3:2 Cup Final Magic

Oh what a day....back up the West End for a proper drink.....I think I finished up in The Cavalier in Russell Lane in Whetstone rather the worse for wear

My recollection and viewing of the Cup were somewhat different.
I was working in Longreach -about 700kms inland from Rockhampton. Small western town but Rugby league followers generally. Saturday got up did the shopping and went to the pub mid afternoon after doing some study for upcoming exams. I had already checked that our only TV channel (ABC) would have the cup on live starting around midnight. Drank with mates thru until closing time 10pm. I mentioned I would be watching the cup so about 5 of them came around with a couple of cartons. Just to spite me they decided to barrack for United. By the time the cup started a few blokes were asleep. By the second half I was the only one awake surrounded by empty tinnies. WE were strolling it and I felt great and then of course the McQueen goal accompanied by my loud swearing. Woke a couple of them up and then United equalised and they gave it to me big time. To be quickly silenced by our winner. I had a last drink to watch us lift the cup and went to bed leaving the sleeping dead for the morning. No one to really talk about it with the next day as they were not really football fans. Still it was a good night.

Post #472033  Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:26 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

Surely they can just recover that from the £350 million a week they are saving now ?

Post #472034  Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:05 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Andy Green wrote:

I was working in Longreach -about 700kms inland from Rockhampton. Small western town but Rugby league followers generally. Saturday got up did the shopping and went to the pub mid afternoon after doing some study for upcoming exams. I had already checked that our only TV channel (ABC) would have the cup on live starting around midnight. Drank with mates thru until closing time 10pm. I mentioned I would be watching the cup so about 5 of them came around with a couple of cartons. Just to spite me they decided to barrack for United. By the time the cup started a few blokes were asleep. By the second half I was the only one awake surrounded by empty tinnies. WE were strolling it and I felt great and then of course the McQueen goal accompanied by my loud swearing. Woke a couple of them up and then United equalised and they gave it to me big time. To be quickly silenced by our winner. I had a last drink to watch us lift the cup and went to bed leaving the sleeping dead for the morning. No one to really talk about it with the next day as they were not really football fans. Still it was a good night.

Nice one Gaz thanks for sharing…. An interesting comparison!
The Arsenal family as represented on this forum is spread far and wide as well as being multi generational

In other news Happy Fathers Day to all you Arsenal pops

Post #472035  Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Your ignorance of financial political matters outshines your total ignorance of all things football.

Is there not a Dandy Football forum you could join to get the kicks you obviously desire.

The Guardian sheeeesh what a tossers newspaper...... :12hello-bye:

Post #472036  Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:39 am 

Andy Green wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Nice one Gaz thanks for sharing…. An interesting comparison!
The Arsenal family as represented on this forum is spread far and wide as well as being multi generational

In other news Happy Fathers Day to all you Arsenal pops

Great times. Its sad how devalued the FA Cup is now.

Post #472037  Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:48 am 

Non football but interesting nonetheless. Luc Longley, an Aussie that was part of the MJ era Bulls. I hadn't realized just how much of a cultural and personality difference he was to the team. A gentle giant thrown into a league where most of the players came from very tough, inner city playgrounds and that mentality was used to fuel how they played the sport.

It didn't matter if you didn't grow up in that environment. There was a player on the Detroit team in the '80s and '90s named Bill Laimbeer. At the time it was a joke that he was the only player whose father was richer than he was. His father was a former big company exec worth millions. Bill grew up in the very rich area of LA area called Palos Verdes. Beautiful area overlooking the ocean on cliffs. Laimbeer was known as the dirtiest player in the league and the only player Larry Bird hated and would never ever be friendly with.

Philly was no different growing up. Basketball at the playgrounds was rough and tumble no matter the area of the city. The Black, Italian, Irish, Puerto Rican and Jewish areas of the city played similarly. It was a Philly thing, a gritty city.

I didn't realize at the time watching the Bulls just how tough it was for Luc. I liked him. The European players who come into the league are fully aware of the style and know they have to adapt. And similarly did, they played tougher than they did in Europe.

Post #472038  Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:07 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Your ignorance of financial political matters outshines your total ignorance of all things football.

Is there not a Dandy Football forum you could join to get the kicks you obviously desire.

Are there any factual inaccuracies in the Guardian article? You don't mention any.

Post #472039  Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:07 am 

Looks like Chelsea are going to be saved by various Saudi deals to purge their squad. I’m sure I read something about the Saudi’s having some form of stake in Chelsea and suddenly Koulibaly who is 31 and who Chelsea signed for £30m odd and on huge wages is now being offloaded to Saudi. Kante and Ziyech off there as well.

Post #472040  Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:27 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Are there any factual inaccuracies in the Guardian article? You don't mention any.

Do i take it you're not UK based? The Guardian is as pro Labour as the BBC is anti Conservative.
Take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

[ 481528 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11798, 11799, 11800, 11801, 11802, 11803, 11804 ... 12039  Next