Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mcquilkie and 297 guests

Post #472521  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:19 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
I'm starting to change my opinion here. Maybe if you just repeat your claim one more time I'll be completely convinced?

I couldn't care less about convincing you or not. Just exposes you as a bit of a prat if you think otherwise

Post #472522  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:21 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I couldn't care less about convincing you or not.

Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't keep on responding.

The simple fact is that you haven't provided a single shred of evidence for your claim. You have an opinion and you think just repeating it is enough. The fact that pointing this out rattles you so much tells its own story.

Post #472523  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:27 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Top Gun, then perhaps you should wait until Wenger writes his book before making such claims. As things stand, I can't see much evidence for what you claim. Also, I'm absolutely positive that when he joined Everton I saw Walcott described as a good (or other positive words) finisher. I'm not saying you said it, but I saw his finishing described positively on this forum. It might interest you that in club football and full internationals, Walcott has scored one goal every 3.9 appearances. Welbeck has scored a goal every 4.1 appearances in club football and full internationals. They both have played most of their football in wide positions. Does a difference of a goal every 0.2 appearances really justify having some people describe Walcott's finishing so positively, while others (or maybe in some cases the same people) describe Welbeck's finishing so negatively? Furthermore, I personally rate Welbeck's all round game more highly than I rate Walcott's which for me more than makes up for the goal every 0.2 per appearances difference.

I think that's an interesting comparison and certainly Welbecks all round game is far better than Theo's but I don't think you can include international football goals as I don't consider that the highest level of football compared to the premiership (look at Robbie Keane record) and Welbeck scoring againest Estonia and the like doesn't impress and Welbeck has played up front for England and Theo hasn't. Theo is a better finisher no doubt as Welbeck is bambi on ice in the penalty area. Theo has scored 100 odd goals for arsenal ? Trust me Welbeck won't ever get near that.

But I guess this reverts back to the original point on Welbecks quality as united probably would have flogged us Theo as well whilst refusing point blank to let Martial go.

Post #472524  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I couldn't care less about convincing you or not.

Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't keep on responding.

The simple fact is that you haven't provided a single shred of evidence for your claim. You have an opinion and you think just repeating it is enough. The fact that pointing this out rattles you so much tells its own story.

You're right but have you proved the opposite? Obviously not so why not leave it there and wait and prove to be found right. Personally on Welbeck and Xhaka I think TG is 100% right.

Post #472525  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:41 pm 

Mkhitaryan wears number 7 for Arsenal

Post #472526  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:46 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
You're right but have you proved the opposite?

How on earth am I supposed to do that?

Post #472527  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm 

Conte has confirmed Fabregas and Morata is out for the game tomorrow.

Post #472528  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:58 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

By offering your own opinion and contrasting evidence rather than coming across like the biggest fuckpuffin of the highest possible order haha :1laughter: :1laughter: :1laughter:

Post #472529  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:04 pm 

Yesterday (22 January 2018), KSE bought a further 22 shares in Arsenal Holdings PLC at a cost of £28,000 per share. This means Kroenke now has 41,743 of the 62,219 shares, representing 67.09% of the total. By multiplying the overall number of shares by the current share price (62,219 x £28,000) this values the club at nearly £1.75 billion (£1,742,132,000 to be exact).

Post #472530  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
By offering your own opinion and contrasting evidence

Again, evidence of what?

Ferguson recommended the signing to Wenger. This is as far as I know not in dispute, and therefore needs no further evidence. Your view seems to be that this was a part of some scheme where Ferguson wanted to “do one on Wenger”. This is a claim that needs to be substantiated with some sort of evidence, unless you just want to put it out there as speculation (which is fair enough, but you can’t really ridicule people for not having faith in every one of your guesses).

I’ve already stated my opinion on the matter. The burden of proof is on you.

Post #472531  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:12 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
By offering your own opinion and contrasting evidence

Again, evidence of what?

Ferguson recommended the signing to Wenger. This is as far as I know not in dispute, and therefore needs no further evidence. Your view seems to be that this was a part of some scheme where Ferguson wanted to “do one on Wenger”. This is a claim that needs to be substantiated with some sort of evidence, unless you just want to put it out there as speculation (which is fair enough, but you can’t really ridicule people for not having faith in every one of your guesses).

I’ve already stated my opinion on the matter. The burden of proof is on you.

So you believe Ferguson and man united were not aware Welbeck was something of an average talent when they sold him. :laughing7:

Sorry mate I don't have the time or the crayons to explain this to you further :laughing7:

Post #472532  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:16 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Did your mum drop you as a kid

Don't start this again...

Post #472533  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
So you believe Ferguson and man united were not aware Welbeck was something of an average talent when they sold him. :laughing7:

I believe Van Gaal saw Welbeck as surplus to requirement, and Ferguson thought Welbeck would do well at Arsenal, so he recommended him to Wenger. Not really complicated, and certainly fits better in with things we actually know than that conspiracy nonsense you're trying to peddle.

Post #472534  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:24 pm 

Conspiracy nonsense that rests on a couple of pretty farfetched assumptions; first of all, that Ferguson still holds a grudge against Wenger despite being retired and always being the more successful of the two (I think you could convince AG of this). Second, that Ferguson not only did this out of spite, but also with no regard for the career of a player he himself brought up through Man United’s academy and managed for the first five years of his career.

But then again, of course there’s :laughing7: and then :1laughter:

Post #472535  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Ask a physiognomist. The answer is staring you in the face.

Post #472536  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:41 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Ask a physiognomist. The answer is staring you in the face.

Okaaayyy...

Post #472537  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I believe Van Gaal saw Welbeck as surplus to requirement, and Ferguson thought Welbeck would do well at Arsenal, so he recommended him to Wenger. Not really complicated, and certainly fits better in with things we actually know than that conspiracy nonsense you're trying to peddle.

I'm not peddling any conspiracy nonsense just stated United were more than happy to sell Welbeck as they believed he wasn't good enough for them. You seem to think otherwise which makes you spectacularly stupid.

I ought to insult your minimal level of intelligence but then I’ll probably have to explain it afterwards so never mind. :1laughter: :1laughter: :1laughter: :1laughter:

Post #472538  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:22 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I'm not peddling any conspiracy nonsense just stated United were more than happy to sell Welbeck as they believed he wasn't good enough for them. You seem to think otherwise

You are aware that Ferguson wasn't the manager at United when they sold Welbeck right? It's perfectly possible that van Gaal was ok with selling him while Ferguson held a different view.

And please don't call me stupid. Insults from random drunk gobshites on the internet is my big weakness.

Post #472539  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:23 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Jumping on this, I love dogs !
I used to have two Doberman Pinschers. Super breed - clever, fast and loyal. Bit like Georgie Armstrong.

Wow, they must have kept you busy and fit. I used to have a Jack Russell / Maltese mix

Post #472540  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:29 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I'm not peddling any conspiracy nonsense just stated United were more than happy to sell Welbeck as they believed he wasn't good enough for them. You seem to think otherwise

You are aware that Ferguson wasn't the manager at United when they sold Welbeck right? It's perfectly possible that van Gaal was ok with selling him while Ferguson held a different view.

And please don't call me stupid. Insults from random drunk gobshites on the internet is my big weakness.

The point that you missed is that the United we're prepeared to sell him as he wasn't good enough. Somehow your focussing on Ferguson or some moot point.

*%^@*** hell mate your as useless as a marzipan dildo. Not explaining this anymore.

Post #472541  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:32 pm 

And you didn't 'just state' that United were happy to sell. You also alluded to Fergusons involvement in the deal was to do one on Wenger. That's what we're really debating here, not whether United were ok with selling him - they clearly were seeing as they did.

Post #472542  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:35 pm 

There you go again trying to shift the goalposts. Nobody is disputing that United were ok with selling Welbeck. What sparked this whole debate was Fergusons involvement in the deal and your ridiculous theory about why he recommended Welbeck to Wenger.

Post #472543  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
And you didn't 'just state' that United were happy to sell. You also alluded to Fergusons involvement in the deal was to do one on Wenger. That's what we're really debating here, not whether United were ok with selling him - they clearly were seeing as they did.

No I was directly discussing with Bernard why he thought I considered Welbeck a bad player and He made a point that Ferguson wouldn't have said we'd be mad not to sign him if he didn't mean it. Well all I'll say is that's nonsense, you can talk about the level of Fergusons direct involvement as a seperate matter and I really don't care about it as you changed the focus of the original point i was making as United knew what they were selling and it wasn't a mistake and that Welbeck is alright but not much kop. You don't flog a motor by saying it won't start

Not commentating further, because your a complete doggyknobber and keep trying to push the conversation onto an area that wasn't the point being made.

Post #472544  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:58 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
*%^@*** hell mate your as useless as a marzipan dildo.

Would that really be so useless?

Wouldn't appeal much to Bernard I guess.

(It's you're by the way give it a try I think you'll find the apostrophe a liberating device).

Post #472545  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:02 pm 

Some people just never know when to stop.

Accept we all have different opinions for whatever reason, rightly or wrongly, let it go and move on to the next subject before you get sucked in to meaningless debate.

Post #472546  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:02 pm 

Daz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
*%^@*** hell mate your as useless as a marzipan dildo.

Would that really be so useless?

I'm not sure it would be very useful but might be worth a shot. You never know I could be the next Elon Musk.

Noted on the apostrophes Shakespeare.

Post #472547  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:04 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

Accept we all have different opinions for whatever reason, rightly or wrongly, let it go and move on to the next subject before you get sucked in to meaningless debate.

You're right. No further comments

The conversation has moved onto Marzipan Dildos feel free to suggest alternative materials

Edit... sorry got it just in time before Daz saw phew

Post #472548  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:14 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
you can talk about the level of Fergusons direct involvement as a seperate matter and I really don't care about it as you changed the focus of the original point i was making.

The reason it even became a debate is because you said there was a reason Ferguson brokered the deal. It's there a few pages back for everyone to see. That's what me and Bernard took issue with and that's what we've been talking about. The fact that you actually think you're being clever with this *%^@ is just sad.

Post #472549  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

How about you don't lecture others and instead stop with your frequent confrontational posts to AG? I know we all like to poke fun at him every now and then, but you just come across as charmless and rude.

Post #472550  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
you can talk about the level of Fergusons direct involvement as a seperate matter and I really don't care about it as you changed the focus of the original point i was making.

The reason it even became a debate is because you said there was a reason Ferguson brokered the deal. It's there a few pages back for everyone to see. That's what me and Bernard took issue with and that's what we've been talking about. The fact that you actually think you're being clever with this *%^@ is just sad.

As Bubblechris suggested no further comment from me. You're a mess

Post #472551  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm 

Daz wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
A physiognomist too? Is there no end to your reach? https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-awe ... techniques

I'm obviously more at home with the lexical repetitions of a sestina but I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Had no idea what a physiognomist was so clicked on Hoys link. I can report to the forum that physiognomy is a right load of cobblers.

Post #472552  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

How about you don't lecture others and instead stop with your frequent confrontational posts to AG? I know we all like to poke fun at him every now and then, but you just come across as charmless and rude.

Rude I may be but my reactions are those of a normal person so I'd suggest respectfully that it is you that is charmless and completely wrong about what I and others feel about some, most in fact, of AG's posts.

ffs please do not reply or I will have no option but to block you.........................

Post #472553  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:29 pm 

Wouldn't want to comment further either if I was in your position, Top Gun. Must be embarassing after a while, never even trying to have an honest debate? The constant wriggling and shifting of goalposts must get to you after some time.

Post #472554  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:32 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Rude I may be but my reactions are those of a normal person

Weird how nobody else seem to react that way, even though I suspect most get tired of his posts at times.

Post #472555  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 pm 

Total troll.

Post #472556  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm 

Hey Harlow I see your online. Long time no speak. What do you make of the Arsenal related recent events?

The sale of Sanchez and our fans having a go at him and saying Welbecks better?

Wengers latest antics etc ?

Post #472557  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:37 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Total troll.

Last time around I proved exactly what I was accusing you of by showing the exact posts you were misquoting. Call me what you want, you know I'm right.

Post #472558  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 pm 

Done now. Apologies to the forum but that type of behaviour really gets to me.

Post #472559  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:02 pm 

Wot a tit

Post #472560  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm 

Arseblogger great as usual on the Sanchez debacle

https://arseblog.com/2018/01/arsenal-ha ... ing-fresh/

[ 562427 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11811, 11812, 11813, 11814, 11815, 11816, 11817 ... 14061  Next