Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], grantyboy, john1 and 269 guests

Post #500441  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm 

Huge substitutions from Arteta! Pépé and Nketiah changed the game.

Who said we didn’t have squad depth eh

Post #500442  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Wolves players will probably have something to say about our celebrations again, but I don't mind

I will look forward to their lamentations with relish! :laughing7: :laughing7:

What a turnaround. I simply did not see that coming! :21encouragement:

Post #500443  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm 

Exhilarating
Best winning feeling

Post #500444  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Wolves players will probably have something to say about our celebrations again, but I don't mind

I sincerely hope they do :42laughter:

Post #500445  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:45 pm 

Now I’ve calmed down it is worth noting that on balance I thought Wolves fans will say they deserved a point there. We dominated a lot of the game but Wolves had a lot of chances, probably better clear cut ones than us and were very resolute.

That is a fortunate but huge win for us

Post #500446  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:46 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Looks like we’re included in the ‘nobody’.

3 points would be so great. Especially from where we are right now.

And there they are. 3 points. So very lovely.

We are a hard watch though.

I wouldn't mind if we did that every week ... permanently damaged heart and bladder notwithsdanding :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #500447  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:46 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Exhilarating
Best winning feeling

When I kept seeing spurs win in the 95th minute I was thinking when was the last time arsenal scored a last minute winner?

Post #500448  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:47 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Looks like we’re included in the ‘nobody’.

3 points would be so great. Especially from where we are right now.

I thought we were quite good to watch tonight. After their goal Wolves barely tried to leave their half so it was always going to be somewhat of a grind. With a better striker than Lacazette Arsenal could have won by 3 or 4.

Post #500449  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:48 pm 

Just a quick message for Wolves, their whining players and supporters: Fuc7 off

Post #500450  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:48 pm 

First time we’ve come from behind to win this season. And the first time in 45 games Wolves have lost after scoring the first goal

Post #500451  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:48 pm 

Rich wrote:
Now I’ve calmed down it is worth noting that on balance I thought Wolves fans will say they deserved a point there. We dominated a lot of the game but Wolves had a lot of chances, probably better clear cut ones than us and were very resolute.

Arsenal had 24 attempts to Wolves 6. Wolves got what they deserved for sitting back and time wasting almost the whole game.

Post #500452  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:49 pm 

A good result really. Wolves have won 5 of their last 7, losing the other 2 to us.

Well ground out. Looked unpromising for so long. The best sort of win.

Post #500453  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:49 pm 

Rich wrote:

Immense win for sure. Huge 3 points and feels great. But we’ll need to play so much better if we want that fourth place.

We’ll also need Tomiyasu back ASAP. And S-R.

Post #500454  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:49 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

Always an extra satisfaction when there’s a bit of history and when the opposition have been time wasting all game.

I’m reminded of the time Henry tried to give Kirkland the ball to ask if he wanted to waste time now!

Post #500455  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:50 pm 

Ben wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I thought we were quite good to watch tonight. After their goal Wolves barely tried to leave their half so it was always going to be somewhat of a grind. With a better striker than Lacazette Arsenal could have won by 3 or 4.

Not sure that’s the entire truth Ben. Lacazette had one good effort saved but he didn’t get too many other obvious chances that I can recall.

Post #500456  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:51 pm 

Ahhh ripper ...take that you cheating time wasting w***ks

Post #500457  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:51 pm 

Ben wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

A good watch? You’re a masochist.

Post #500458  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:51 pm 

Ben wrote:
Rich wrote:

Arsenal had 24 attempts to Wolves 6. Wolves got what they deserved for sitting back and time wasting almost the whole game.

:laughing7: I love this take so I agree.

Post #500459  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:51 pm 

Ben wrote:
Rich wrote:

I get that but look at the quality of some of their chances. Jimenez had a very good one first half he dragged wide, and a good header just wide of the post. 2nd half hwang had another close range one that squeezed wide early in the second half and I think Neto had one that flicked wide of Gabriel’s shins that was in without the nick

Post #500460  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:52 pm 

DHD wrote:
Ben wrote:

Not sure that’s the entire truth Ben. Lacazette had one good effort saved but he didn’t get too many other obvious chances that I can recall.

Saka on his right - good save.

Post #500461  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:56 pm 

DHD wrote:
Ben wrote:

He had at least two others that he didn't even manage to get on target and he should have. Even the winner was going wide if not for the touch by the keeper. He works and tries hard but he takes to long to get shots off.

Post #500462  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:59 pm 

Wow, what a result. Didn't see that one coming at all.

Frankly, we looked like we could play all night and not score, Lacazette was towing a caravan and Partey's attempts still haven't re-entered the earth's orbit.

The two subs changed the game, both were excellent.

I think we need to reintegrate Pépé somehow, he offers a goal threat and we have precious few of those.

Ødegaard was really good.

Onwards and upwards.

Post #500463  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:59 pm 

Ben wrote:
DHD wrote:

He had at least two others that he didn't even manage to get on target and he should have. Even the winner was going wide if not for the touch by the keeper. He works and tries hard but he takes to long to get shots off.

Fair enough. I thought Lacazette played pretty well.

Post #500464  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:00 pm 

Watching the equaliser again it was technically perfect from every player involved. Wonderful goal

Post #500465  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:00 pm 

Ben wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I think being down a goal affects how the game was perceived. If it was 0-0 and we were playing like this, I would've probably thought it was a good effort and we were unlucky not to win, but chasing the game from 10 minutes onward makes it all so frustrating when we misplace a pass or create a chance but don't put it away.

Post #500466  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:06 pm 

Rich wrote:
Ben wrote:
I get that but look at the quality of some of their chances. Jimenez had a very good one first half he dragged wide, and a good header just wide of the post. 2nd half hwang had another close range one that squeezed wide early in the second half and I think Neto had one that flicked wide of Gabriel’s shins that was in without the nick

They had some good chances for sure, but part of that is just them being a goal up and us pushing the entire team forward. That will always give the leading team opportunities.

Post #500467  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:07 pm 

DHD wrote:
Ben wrote:

He tried really, really hard and gave maximum effort but I don't think you can say he played really well. He looks far too slow and offers very little goal threat these days. Even his goal was an off target effort that the keeper palmed in. He was rewarded for his persistence more than his quality.

Post #500468  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:07 pm 

I like that Arteta said about Pépé being a different player since he came back from AFCON, renewed confidence and desire. A timely confidence boost for the player who was then able to come on and change the game with a goal and an assist(ish).

You now think do you jump on that confidence and give him a start in the next game

Post #500469  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:08 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Rich wrote:

They had some good chances for sure, but part of that is just them being a goal up and us pushing the entire team forward. That will always give the leading team opportunities.

We lacked any sort of cutting edge until Pépé and Nketiah came on and changed the way we attacked.

Post #500470  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:09 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Nobody is saying they are, Kiwi. The problem is you are trying to load all the blame on the yanks, and cast Putin as some sort of saint.

Anyway, things are looking up football wise.

Lacazette!

Yeah fair enough Decaf ... you're a good old boy at heart ... let's have a little manly hug and move on .

Lot of our style play p**ses me off so much so I just cancelled my Spark Sport subscription :laughing7: and now they go and produce a joyous finish like that .
Bloke chairing the panel asks Wright and Ince "" Arsenal have a few psychologists on their staff do you think it's showing here ""
Give me a break , that is the natural reaction from any home team aiming for a top four spot ...no mumbo jumbo involved there .

Post #500471  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 pm 

Rich wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Always an extra satisfaction when there’s a bit of history and when the opposition have been time wasting all game.

I’m reminded of the time Henry tried to give Kirkland the ball to ask if he wanted to waste time now!

I liked Van Persie giving it to Krul after a late winner against Newcastle.

Post #500472  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:12 pm 

Feel a bit sorry for Lacazette, the winner has been given as an own goal

Post #500473  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:16 pm 

Hard to analyze players after that finish, but the subs definitely deserve a mention. Pépé looked dangerous and the goal was brilliantly taken. I've been very harsh on Nketiah, but he really contributed when he came on. Not just his involvement in the first goal, but he worked his socks off and his pressing made it really difficult for Wolves when they wanted to just play the game off and get a draw.

Thought Ødegaard was excellent throughout the game. Partey was poor in the first half, but shooting aside was very good in the second. Saka didn't have his best game, but even on an off day he makes things happen and has the ability to tear defenses apart.

Post #500474  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:16 pm 

Rich wrote:
I like that Arteta said about Pépé being a different player since he came back from AFCON, renewed confidence and desire. A timely confidence boost for the player who was then able to come on and change the game with a goal and an assist(ish).

You now think do you jump on that confidence and give him a start in the next game

Great goal from Pépé tonight and I hope you're right and he can continue. I think his perpetual problem has been that after ever goal or reasonable match he seems to strut around a bit like he's now #1 and slackens off. So lets see if he can maintain the hunger and show continued levels of effort. Personally, I'd keep him as an impact sub until he's shown the effort for a few more weeks before handing him a starting spot after 1 goal.

Post #500475  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:17 pm 

DHD wrote:
Ben wrote:

Agree with this. He's absolutely snake bitten at the moment, but he always put a shift in. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him start scoring more soon, he does get into good positions, but his finishing is a bit desperate right now.

Post #500476  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:18 pm 

We would have lost that game 2-0 or 2-1 a while back. The good, the bad the ugly for me is we have some fight in us to come back that late. The bad is we shouldn't have been in that situation at home to a top 4 rival. The ugly is our lack of a sense of urgency in some games. From start to finish in the spurs game we were on them. Same with Liverpool in a draw and losing effort. Gulf in class but we didn't play like it. We played with heart against City.

Maybe its being a young side or lack of preparing the squad mentally but Mikel but Klopp has his sides pushing form the start. One could argue he does it to the point they will eventually implode but along the way he gets trophies and results. And he rebuilds them fairly quickly.

We have the luxury of a lot of time between matches. I would hate to think its too much time. But it seems like it.

Post #500477  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:19 pm 

Bruno Lage made a point about the foul given against Coady for the dive by Ben White. We did get lucky there because Coady didn’t touch White who jumped over him and went down, without the free kick Wolves were in 2v1, one of those two was Coady who is not well known for slotting away chances like that but we did get a lucky decision there

Post #500478  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:22 pm 

john1 wrote:
Loved the team celebrations too - shows a real togetherness and team spirit in the whole squad.

Gidday John
.... yeah that impressed me too ... I prefer Lacazette with that big grin on his dial than the moody moaning sullen ***&^ .

One delicious little feature no-one has thought of ..... imagine how p**sed off all those Tottenham fans watching the game are .

Especially after their Burnley debacle ; enjoying us possibly to drop three points , then two ... and then last kick of the match .....................F*** those jammy wa**** :laughing7: :laughing7:

Okay lovely day in NZ fine 23 degrees ... out to the shed ; make some new blades for my lawnmower .

Post #500479  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:28 pm 

Actually we are toughing out some great results this year.

If we had lost those two tight games with Wolves we’d have been 7 points behind them and with them on a mega roll. Even the Burnley result gains perspective as things have developed since.

Super mentality.

Post #500480  Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:44 pm 

DHD wrote:
Ben wrote:

Its a pity Lacazette wasn't credited the goal. A mishit effort going in to win a game in the last minute would do wonders for his form, I think.

Tough selection issue for Arteta, with Pépé surely hard to drop now and Emile Smith Rowe coming back.

[ 529274 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12509, 12510, 12511, 12512, 12513, 12514, 12515 ... 13232  Next