Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, grantyboy and 296 guests

Post #500201  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:31 am 

https://twitter.com/_halfspaces/status/ ... Hl-CXnx61w
This is what Ramsdale has brought this year.

Post #500202  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:34 am 

Bernard wrote:
Didn’t watch the game but have read that Aubameyang scored a hat-trick for Barcelona in their 4-1 win against Valencia.
By my calculations he scored five...

Post #500203  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:37 am 

socrates wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Thanks - over 4 days it seems to have been mainly sore throat and mildly high temperature, so am optimistic. Bit stronger than Arsenal's 2022 cup fever.

Hey, take care OMOH. Hopefully, its just the mildest of symptoms. Where do you think you might have picked it up?

Its obviously affecting your ability to add up, must be a new symptom to add to the govt's list. :laughing7:
Yes, early hours, a tad too much red and covid too much for my CSE level arithmetic. Having re-calculated I now fear we may get relegated...

Post #500204  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:50 am 

Bernard wrote:
Didn’t watch the game but have read that Aubameyang scored a hat-trick for Barcelona in their 4-1 win against Valencia.

Including one off his back when he got in the way of a shot. We could have done with him having that sort of luck for us.

Post #500205  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:26 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:
It was clearly him snogging with the Queen.

Snogging? I haven’t heard that since The Clitheroe Kid on the radio.

What’s ‘snogging’ called these days?

Post #500206  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:27 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Bernard wrote:
By my calculations he scored five...

That’s worth a smiley.

Post #500207  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:34 am 

My gut is telling me Man Utd are the ones we will ultimately be fighting over for 4th. Our games in hand are very, very tough. Of the challengers for 4th they have the best squad. I know I shouldn't and its highly disrespectful but I just don't think West Ham will ulimately be in the mix. They may just end up proving me wrong and a middle finger if they get 4th but at this time I just see Man Utd, then Tottenham and then West Ham when May/June comes.

Post #500208  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:19 pm 

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Something else I guess, perhaps simply ‘kissing’.

‘Snogging’ seems to be back there with ‘hip’ and ‘with it’ and ’groovy’ and ‘far out man’ and ‘square’.

Post #500209  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:21 pm 

What am I missing here? Everyone is saying that our three games in hand are the really tough ones.

Since we have 19 games left then why is it those particular three?

Post #500210  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:24 pm 

A reminder of the BBC pundits top 4 predictions from the start of the season. No idea what Jermain Beckford was smoking thinking Leicester would be in there at Liverpool's expense, but the rest backs up my thoughts that pretty much every pundit had a nailed on 4 teams for the top 4 - and we weren't even a footnote

Attachments:

Post #500211  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:27 pm 

Rich wrote:
A reminder of the BBC pundits top 4 predictions from the start of the season. No idea what Jermain Beckford was smoking thinking Leicester would be in there at Liverpool's expense, but the rest backs up my thoughts that pretty much every pundit had a nailed on 4 teams for the top 4 - and we weren't even a footnote

Perhaps I’m better qualified to be a pundit than any of them?

Post #500212  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:29 pm 

Wolves have only conceded 2 goals 3 times in the league. They've not conceded more than 2 at all this season.

They last conceded 2 goals in a game 14 games ago. Only Palace, Villa and Brentford have scored 2 past them.

Thursday is a huge game. Win and we're 5 points head of them with a game in hand

Post #500213  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:34 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
What am I missing here? Everyone is saying that our three games in hand are the really tough ones.

Well, only because those 3 games v Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool are the 3 games we should have already played had they not been postponed.

Post #500214  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:34 pm 

Rich wrote:
Wolves have only conceded 2 goals 3 times in the league. They've not conceded more than 2 at all this season.

They last conceded 2 goals in a game 14 games ago. Only Palace, Villa and Brentford have scored 2 past them.

Thursday is a huge game. Win and we're 5 points head of them with a game in hand

Strange that none of the teams that have scored two against them are top sides.

Post #500215  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:35 pm 

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

These days the term "hooking up" seems to cover everything that starts with a S, ranging from shaking hands to sodomy

Post #500216  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:39 pm 

Fabian Ruiz is a name that has been floated that we're interesting in to bolster our midfield in the summer. left footed and quite brilliant. A definite upgrade on Xhaka (only 24 yellows and 2 reds in 250 career games for a start).

His contract will only have a year left to run with various outlets saying £16m would get him. That is probably 1/3rd of the price he was being rumoured to be available for a few summers ago. He'd be a steal at twice the price I think.

Post #500217  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:40 pm 

Rich wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Well, only because those 3 games v Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool are the 3 games we should have already played had they not been postponed.

???

The point is that Spurs and United also have roughly the same number of games remaining against the top sides. So our games in hand really are games in hand.

(One of these Spurs sadly got 3 points for this weekend, so perhaps that counts as one less game in hand over them. If you want to think of it that way!)

Post #500218  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:47 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Rich wrote:

???

The point is that Spurs and United also have roughly the same number of games remaining against the top sides. So our games in hand really are games in hand.

(One of these Spurs sadly got 3 points for this weekend, so perhaps that counts as one less game in hand over them. If you want to think of it that way!)

That was my reading of it. The front half of our season seemed to be particularly top loaded with toughies.

Although as any season draws to a conclusion then lower teams suddenly start playing out of their skins.

Post #500219  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:11 pm 

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/sta ... cGyA3N6nZw

Not just the prem suffering from poor refs. This clean tackle was given a 2nd yellow card. Not even close. Aurelien Tchouameni is primed for a big move this summer.

Post #500220  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:17 pm 

Rich wrote:

This is crazy stuff, and shows how overrated Man Utd were going into the season. Half of these 'experts' didn't have Liverpool in the top three either. Absolutely mental.

Post #500221  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:19 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Decaf wrote:
???

That was my reading of it. The front half of our season seemed to be particularly top loaded with toughies.

Although as any season draws to a conclusion then lower teams suddenly start playing out of their skins.

On that note, I wonder if Burnley can do some damage to Spurs on Wednesday. They've had some good results and must be feeling a glimmer of hope.

Post #500222  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:21 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Rich wrote:

This is crazy stuff, and shows how overrated Man Utd were going into the season. Half of these 'experts' didn't have Liverpool in the top three either. Absolutely mental.

I do remember both you and Bernard making this point, even before United got Ronaldo fever.

Post #500223  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:27 pm 

Decaf wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

On that note, I wonder if Burnley can do some damage to Spurs on Wednesday. They've had some good results and must be feeling a glimmer of hope.

I hope so. Their new centre forward looks quite tasty.

Post #500224  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:27 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Decaf wrote:
???

That was my reading of it. The front half of our season seemed to particularly top loaded with toughies.

I get that, but if the 3 games in hand are treated as 'free hits' then we'll still be 4 points behind Man U. Ultimately the 4 most crucial games we have left are the home games v Wolves and Man U and the away games v Spurs and West Ham. If we win those 4 then we'd only have ourselves to blame if we don#t get top 4 as we'd have thrown it away

Post #500225  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:33 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Bored wrote:
I tend to be a bit pessimist when it comes to Arsenal predictions, and right now I dont think we will finish in the top 4.
I think you are being realistic. We are a goodish, improving young team, clearly lacking the depth of quality and experience of the top three. Like West Ham on our best day we have enough to compete with United and Spurs, but at this stage either of those teams must be favourites for the fourth spot. Whatever happens we are in a much better place than we were in the early days of the season. Europa League would not be failure for us as it would be for United or Spurs.

I'm mildly optimistic. We seem to be more consistent than our rivals against the lower teams, which is where the bulk of our remaining games lie. Spurs and United--who have brilliant matchwinners (like Kane) but are less cohesive--are the kind of sides than can beat or lose to anyone on their day.

Post #500226  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:37 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Something else I guess, perhaps simply ‘kissing’.

‘Snogging’ seems to be back there with ‘hip’ and ‘with it’ and ’groovy’ and ‘far out man’ and ‘square’.

Aren’t pecks on the cheek kissing? Would have thought something a bit more passionate with the use of tongues would have some sort of slang name.

Post #500227  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:49 pm 

Decaf wrote:
???

I agree. I listed the remaining games Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham and West Ham had against each other plus City, Liverpool and Chelsea the other day and from memory they all had five left, with the same number at home and away. Sure, Tottenham have now played City away, and sadly won it. But I think our games in hand should be seen as just that.

Post #500228  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:35 pm 

Ref klaxon warning! Martin Atkinson will take charge of Arsenal v Wolves.
We’ve received a red card or conceded a penalty in every game he’s officiated this season, and he’s handed out more cards to Arsenal than any other team (as have most refs probably :1cry: )

Post #500229  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:48 pm 

Rich wrote:
Fabian Ruiz is a name that has been floated that we're interesting in to bolster our midfield in the summer. left footed and quite brilliant. A definite upgrade on Xhaka (only 24 yellows and 2 reds in 250 career games for a start).

His contract will only have a year left to run with various outlets saying £16m would get him. That is probably 1/3rd of the price he was being rumoured to be available for a few summers ago. He'd be a steal at twice the price I think.

I'm resigned to the probable fact Xhaka will be like Mustafi and Denilson and end up playing more games than their lack of talent suggestst they should for a club like us.

Post #500230  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:09 pm 

...Xhaka isn't as bad as the aforementioned but he should be a back up, not a starter. Especially with our status and ambitions.

Post #500231  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:17 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

Yes I wondered that too, but as I can't count properly I was a bit wary of asking. 19 games left? This Hoy variant is running wild...

Post #500232  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:37 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Yes I wondered that too, but as I can't count properly I was a bit wary of asking. 19 games left? This Hoy variant is running wild...

Ha ha. It must be catching.

15 games. Oops.

Post #500233  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:04 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Zed wrote:
Jack Wilshere gone to Denmark. New club.

Since leaving Arsenal in mid-2018, Wilshere has only played 36 competitive games.

Well I wish him the best in Denmark.

Post #500234  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:15 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Take care. I hope it is a mild dose
Thanks - over 4 days it seems to have been mainly sore throat and mildly high temperature, so am optimistic. Bit stronger than Arsenal's 2022 cup fever.

Hope it goes well Old Man. Keep yer pecker up!

Post #500235  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:29 pm 

Zed wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Since leaving Arsenal in mid-2018, Wilshere has only played 36 competitive games.

So do I Zed - wholeheartedly. In my view he was second only to Cesc in terms of the talent that has emerged in the Prem period. I’m not just talking about The Arse. Not sure there’s been an England-qualified player with more potential to emerge in the last 20 years.

Jack is a stunningly talented player who has been brought down by injuries. It’s actually quite tragic, not just for us but for England. He should have been ruling the roost for both.

Post #500236  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:07 pm 

DHD wrote:
Zed wrote:

So do I Zed - wholeheartedly. In my view he was second only to Cesc in terms of the talent that has emerged in the Prem period. I’m not just talking about The Arse. Not sure there’s been an England-qualified player with more potential to emerge in the last 20 years.

Jack is a stunningly talented player who has been brought down by injuries. It’s actually quite tragic, not just for us but for England. He should have been ruling the roost for both.

I get that he’s not right for Arsenal. But I am astonished that he has had to go to Denmark to get a game.

Post #500237  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:35 pm 

DHD wrote:
Zed wrote:

To me he still has potential DHD. He's only 30 and has maybe 4-5 years left, depending on any future injuries. Doubt he'll get England call up again.

Post #500238  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:38 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
DHD wrote:

I get that he’s not right for Arsenal. But I am astonished that he has had to go to Denmark to get a game.

Better to have a new club than none at all. Even if he went to an MLS club, it would be a chance to play again.

Post #500239  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:49 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
DHD wrote:

Can’t be that much of a shock. Bournemouth and a serie B club in Italy decided againest offering him a contract . People suggesting we should have picked him were so wide of the mark. I’m slightly surprised that someone like Leyton Orient didn’t offer him a gig.

I have a feeling you will see an unsuccessful stint there with a handful of games then a retirement. Such a shame, career ruined by injury really

Post #500240  Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:17 pm 

https://twitter.com/philipNo10/status/1 ... jM3vgSQ1ZQ
Not to labour the point about McTominey the other night but this is a late barge and contact with the head. In rugby you get sin binned, red carded or sanctioned for these sorts of things.
McTominey is a player who does like to get stuck in, he's a big lad as well, I don't think he gets the cards his actions on the pitch deserve and we've seen how this ends. Refs are there to protect the players as well as officiate the game, letting this sort of thing go continuously unchecked will lead to more serious injury - as if this kind of head injury might not be serious enough in itself.

[ 529274 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12503, 12504, 12505, 12506, 12507, 12508, 12509 ... 13232  Next