Fixtures Sunday May 19th - Everton - Emirates Stadium - 4:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests

Post #390921  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:54 pm 

Being suggested by a reporter that Ramsdale is signing for Newcastle.

To be honest it makes sense as he played under Eddie Howe at Newcastle so you can understand the connection.

Will be interesting to see who the replacement is.

Post #390922  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 4:48 pm 

Gonna have to watch more of his games. Bologna are 3rd level on points with Juve.

Post #390923  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

To be honest it makes sense as he played under Eddie Howe at Newcastle so you can understand the connection.

Bit strange as they have Pope who is their pretty well established No.1 (injured for a fair bit of this season), but many will say there isn’t much between Pope and Ramsdale.

We must recoup our money on Ramsdale or at least get a decent discount on Guimaraes or Isak if we want them

Post #390924  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:59 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
A Manchester podcaster says he has it on good authority, Pep is gone summer of '25.

I'd wondered if Pep might be leaving, but it's great to get solid info. Thanks for letting us know.

Remember that Arteta’s contract runs out in 2025 the same time as Pep’s. If City are preparing for Pep leaving you can be damn sure Arteta will be on their list. We MUST tie him down to a new deal asap

Post #390925  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:38 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Hope all is well omoh. Your presence here is deeply missed.
Hi AG - thanks - all well here, just a bit busy with various things. Gunners have done us proud this season - Ødegaard is wonderful.

Post #390926  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:43 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Me too - I am going for 7-1.

I would t mind that shoreline again of us vs Everton. Remember sitting late one night with the old man rewatching it 10 years later on vhs after a night out on the booze and stumbling home at 1am. Bergkamp ran the show like clockwork.
Yes that was an unforgettable performance - the crowd singing "One more year!" for Dennis as he lit the place up.

Post #390927  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:49 am 

Rich wrote:
Remember that Arteta’s contract runs out in 2025 the same time as Pep’s. If City are preparing for Pep leaving you can be damn sure Arteta will be on their list. We MUST tie him down to a new deal asap

Obviously he renewed every other contract at City at times left it late to renew but he gave assurances, etc. The podcast said he had a source who was "very well placed' inside City who said Pep has strongly hinted he was out after the end of the next one. He doesn't need to use negotiating tactics and supposedly, didn't want to leave it late so they would have scramble for a new manager or do the caretaker route.

Maybe be back page dribble, but this very big podcaster was pretty confident. I don't think Arteta will go there. Seems tailor made for him. I also think City will go for a big name. Zidane or someone of that stature.

Post #390928  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:51 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Hope all is well omoh. Your presence here is deeply missed.
Hi AG - thanks - all well here, just a bit busy with various things. Gunners have done us proud this season - Ødegaard is wonderful.

Staying busy is always a good thing. Fantastic season. Tinkled pink we ended the season beating our 2 biggest London rivals and Man Utd away and no worse than runner up 2 years running.

What they are saying about The Arsenal

Post #390929  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:10 am 

It's been a magnificent season in many ways. To take City to the last game is an amazing achievement given the juggernaut that they are.

The only real disappointment is that we didn't go further in the cups, this season deserved a trophy. Not really giving it our best shot against Bayern was one of the few regrets I think.

Even given our amazing performance there are still obvious areas for possible improvement. A LB, CB cover, a CM, a winger, a striker. I hope we get the deals we want to do done this summer.

Post #390930  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:12 am 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Bit strange as they have Pope who is their pretty well established No.1 (injured for a fair bit of this season), but many will say there isn’t much between Pope and Ramsdale.

We must recoup our money on Ramsdale or at least get a decent discount on Guimaraes or Isak if we want them

Hi Rich,

In may ways Pope is the better keeper, he's just shite with his feet and in this day and age if you want to play out from the back your keeper has to be almost like an outfield player with his feet.

Post #390931  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:53 am 

socrates wrote:
Rich wrote:

Hi Rich,

In may ways Pope is the better keeper, he's just shite with his feet and in this day and age if you want to play out from the back your keeper has to be almost like an outfield player with his feet.

The gossip is that they want to pay £15M for Ramsdale. We should get double that.

Post #390932  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 9:08 am 

One weird stat I see is ‘days spent top of the table’. Obviously used in a way to give stick to whoever doesn’t win the title that they were top for a long time. But, yes we were top but City had that game in hand over us for 10 weeks or so, reality is now they’ve won that game in hand that they have really been top for all that time.
A better metric would be for how many weeks of the season you were considered favourite for the title by the bookies

Post #390933  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 10:50 am 

The prem trophy with red ribbons on will be at the emirates tomorrow, highly unlikely that it will be needed sadly but how far have we come in such a short space of time. Arteta has sprinted Arsenal to be title challengers, proper title challengers and it’s just been completely normalised as though we were always doing this and it isn’t Arteta’s first job in management.

Anyway, you never know in football. I doubt we’ll get the refereeing mistake but a City mistake, a daft red card, who knows. The only small things I cling to for West Ham is they can be dangerous on set pieces with Ward-prowse delivery, they may just play the 11 man defence which is typically always difficult to break down no matter who you are and they do offer a counter attacking threat with Bowen and kudus. Obviously there are a hundred times more reasons why they’ll just get steamrollered 4-0 but I’ll keep the hope until it’s over

Post #390934  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 12:00 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -ramsdale/

15 million. Seems low.

Post #390935  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:24 pm 

Congratulations Granit

Post #390936  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 4:17 pm 

Incredible season by Leverkusen aka Neverlosing....90 points, 28 wins out of 36 games, 6 draws, 89 goals, 24 goals against, 65 GD, all competitions no losses. Unheard of.

The story that no one talks about though is Stuttgart, runner up, the one club that put Leverkusen under the most pressure. Were up 2-0 late at Leverkusen a few weeks ago. Trust me, we don't want to see them in the CL.
Their manager will get sought after.

Anyway, Xabi has a great strategy going. Hoping they win the Europa final and the German cup final

Post #390937  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 4:19 pm 

I recall this game. The referee was completely wrong

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iETgbPJ96To

Post #390938  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:04 pm 

GOAL's Premier League Team of the 2023-24 Season: No Erling Haaland or Kevin De Bruyne as Arsenal earn twice as many nods as Manchester City

https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/goal-p ... 8e077cae87

[ 390938 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9770, 9771, 9772, 9773, 9774